PDA

View Full Version : They need to put dresses on the QB's

TXSTEELER
11-12-2006, 07:54 PM
Guess that is the only way to keep them from getting hurt. The call for roughing the passer was unbelievable. He grabbed his shoe for crying out loud and the QB didn't even move. If I was going to get called for roughing then I would have sure made him pay. What was the call anyway, diving for QB's knees? I wonder what Ben thought after taking what he had taken this year and not getting any calls his way.

t-sizzlez
11-12-2006, 08:07 PM
that was unbelivable the nfl has turned to a soft side..... holdin on to some1s leg? c'mon that isnt a penalty. if a qb is scared of some1 holding his ankle then he should pack-up and stay home from the field.... thats my thoughts....

MACH1
11-12-2006, 08:26 PM
Cant have em getting their toes stubbed

HometownGal
11-12-2006, 08:34 PM
That was just a horrendous call and even more so, as they conveniently didn't see the two shots Ben took to his noggin in the second half. The officiating gets worse every season.

stillers4me
11-12-2006, 08:35 PM
I can now officially say I've seen it all......15 yards for pulling down his socks........and he was still standing.

MJ5150
11-12-2006, 08:40 PM
He grabbed his shoe for crying out loud and the QB didn't even move.

Yep, that was a unreal call. I kept waiting for the play to continue and see Smith pull him down or do something "rough". Even Brees looked confused. He just reached down and pulled his sock up like nothing was wrong.

-Mike

shevdog
11-12-2006, 08:50 PM
That call was ridiculous.

jaysta
11-12-2006, 08:51 PM
That was just a horrendous call and even more so, as they conveniently didn't see the two shots Ben took to his noggin in the second half. The officiating gets worse every season.

Agreed. Just like they didn't see the Saints offensive player (I forget who it was) move early, but they saw the Steelers D jump in response to his movement. Officials can't see everything, but lately it seems like they can't see much. Not complaining, just MHO.

MJ5150
11-12-2006, 08:53 PM
The officiating gets worse every season.

I can agree with this. It seems like I could remember a small handful of bad calls over the entire season that bothered me. Now, it is a few in every game.

-Mike

Steelers
11-12-2006, 08:57 PM
Brees' sock gets tugged down and Ben gets a concussion from 2 (two) helmet-to-helmet hits.

You know we're in bizarro world when the first of these two is the only one that gets Roughing. However, we overcame today. :flap:

X-Terminator
11-12-2006, 11:26 PM
One of the worst calls I've seen this year. You mean to tell me that was a penalty, but the hits on Matt Hasselbeck and Carson Palmer in recent weeks - which were by-the-book definitions of low hits on the QB - weren't? Do they even know or understand the rules? The inconsistency among officials these days is bordering on the ridiculous, and something needs to be done about it.

klick81
11-13-2006, 12:16 AM
The officiating gets worse every season.

I honestly didn't think it could get worse. That call had me so freakin angry...

klick81
11-13-2006, 12:18 AM
By the way...i love the way the team kept on playing after those idiotic calls/non-calls. That's what champions do. Now they have to keep it going.

siss
11-13-2006, 01:55 AM
I think he just breathed on him! But our QB can get knocked into next tuesday and nothing! I think im gunna send the NFL refs a gift certificate for a free eye exam for christmas!

Preacher
11-13-2006, 03:05 AM
Let me take another angle on the idea of the ref-ing getting worse every season.

The players are getting bigger and faster. As such, there is less field of vision for the refs. Then, there is more interference from the league telling them what to and not to call. On top of all that, they now play every play on the jumbo tron, just to show up the mistakes.

All of that to say... I am not excusing the mistakes, but it would seem that a different approach to officiating the game might be plausible. the game is just too fast with too many big players for a few refs to officiate it now without blowing calls... not to mention the 20,000 new rules every year to protect this player and that player.

BTW.. I blame all the bad calls on QB tackles, non-tackles, injuries, etc. on the league. Everytime they try to fix something, they screw it up worse. Take away all the rules protecting the quarterback... then allow intentional grounding again. SIMPLIFY THE GAME AND THE RULES.

What would be real fun... Watching qb's who are more worried about stats then thier teams decided whether to ground the ball for a negative tick in thier QB rating, or keep it for an uptick... and get killed by a LB on a stunt... AHEM PEYTON MANNING (in my horrendous erkel voice) "DID I SAY THAAAAAAAAAAT?" (que laugh track).