PDA

View Full Version : Wildcard...Dejavu

Infamix
11-13-2006, 11:23 AM
Here we are in last year's seat again, this time not in a bus to carry us

Kansas City, Jacksonville, San Diego or Denver, Cincy....anyone, I mean anyone can be a wildcard this year. Our chance of winning the division is infinitely close to zero. I would not have made that statement if Baltimore didn't pull off a fluke of a win against Tennesee. The cards will not have to fall our way, they will have to fly on a silver platter and land in our faces for us to make the playoffs. It's a long shot, but let's look at our next game...Da Browns.

Last year, they were EMBARESSED in their own house, 41-0, on Christmas Eve. If you think we are going to walk all over them again, you're wrong.

Peezey and the boys have to go all out on Charlie Frye, maybe actually pressure the quarterback this time. Droughns needs to be stopped, last year he ran all over us.

We have to run the ball consistantly, and get the running game established early. If we fall behind, the Browns have a good pass defense that will make it tough to come back late in the game.

The game will start out close, but the Steelers will pull away at the end.

Steelers - 27
Browns - 13

Did I mention that the Browns are 30th in rush defense? Look for Willie to have three tds and 154 yards rushing.

Haiku_Dirtt
11-13-2006, 11:34 AM
We have to run the ball consistantly, and get the running game established early.

Easier said than done it seems this year. We struggle to set the tempo and control field position.

The hemmorraging has stopped. Is it conceivable we win seven straight? Hell yes. Against all odds.

RoethlisBURGHer
11-13-2006, 11:39 AM
Wer can win all seven straight!

Oh,and I am going to the Clowns-Steelers game in Cleveland on Sunday to witness the slaughter.

The Clowns won last week on dumb luck.Vick is a so-so passer who has a few good passing games a season to keep people thinking he's really gonna become the weapon everyone envisioned.Thier defense was missing some key players,most teams (yes,even the Clowns) can take advantage of that.

MACH1
11-13-2006, 12:00 PM
Lets just hope our D shows up and can hopefully cover people in the secondary.

Btrice
11-13-2006, 12:03 PM
Lets just hope our D shows up and can hopefully cover people in the secondary.

Agreed. If the D shows up I think we can win all 7. The offense seems to be firing on all cylinders, even in our losses our yardage has been high. The D on the other hand is continually giving up 3rd and long situations, why? Because of the secondary, like you said.

SteelerFanInCA
11-13-2006, 12:03 PM
Hopefully the D can get healthy and break out of this little slump they are in.

stlrtruck
11-13-2006, 01:30 PM
We also need to make adjustments when the teams go into MAX PROTECT!!! It seems that in a few games this year, we haven't made those adjustments and it cost us on our coverage down field!!

Btrice
11-13-2006, 03:21 PM
We also need to make adjustments when the teams go into MAX PROTECT!!! It seems that in a few games this year, we haven't made those adjustments and it cost us on our coverage down field!!

Adjustments to in game changes by the other team have been slow or non existent from both our O and D this season, especially our D. Its almost as if Whiz and LeBeau are just saying "F-it, this strategy is what we planned, this is what we are going to do, who cares if it is working or not"

PirateSteeler
11-13-2006, 03:36 PM
We need to ride the D all the way to the wild-card. Porter and the LB corps need to step up big time.

Black@Gold Forever32
11-13-2006, 04:36 PM
One game at a time. I think winning the AFC North is the Steelers best shot for the playoffs. Remember losses to the Jags, Broncos and Chargers would give those teams the edge over the Steelers for a wild card.

Steelers
11-13-2006, 04:51 PM
I think winning the AFC North is the Steelers best shot for the playoffs.

Let's hope not. We'd have to sweep Baltimore to even start thinking about it.

tony hipchest
11-13-2006, 04:53 PM
One game at a time. I think winning the AFC North is the Steelers best shot for the playoffs. Remember losses to the Jags, Broncos and Chargers would give those teams the edge over the Steelers for a wild card. add the bengals to that list. those were all must win games that the steelers didnt treat as such.

HometownGal
11-13-2006, 05:11 PM

Gotta agree with you there, Steelers. Baltimore is starting to fade - they had a tough time beating the *cough* *choke* TITANS and beat the Browns by 1 point in their last meeting. Hopefully, the Steelers have begun their ascension. :tt02:

To be successful against the Browns this week, I think it all boils down to hanging onto the ball and most importantly - getting in Frye's face. The guy is a turnover machine. In 10 games, Frye has lost 5 fumbles and has tossed 12 INTs - he's ripe for the pickins! :banana:

Steel Pit
11-14-2006, 01:37 AM

Actually we're going to have to "sweep" all of our opponents whether we win the division or go in as a wild card. We have no room for error. If we lose another game and finish the season at 9-7, then we MOST CERTAINLY will lose ANY and ALL tie breaker scenarios. Hell a 10-6 finish may leave us out of the playoffs. Conceding that San Diego will win one of the wild card spots, we will then need for Jacksonville to lose at least 3 of their remaining games while Kansas City loses 2. I don't see Jacksonville losing 3 of their remaining 7 games.

Our best shot at the playoffs is winning out and hoping that Baltimore loses 2 games besides the 2 games that they WILL lose to us. Baltimore has Atlanta, Cincinnati, Kansas City, Cleveland, Buffalo and of course 2 games with the Steelers remaining on their schedule. I don't know about you guys but I've been watching Baltimore and I'm ready to say that ANY and ALL of their remaining opponents can defeat them. Baltimore SUCKS!

Preacher
11-14-2006, 02:08 AM
One game at a time. I think winning the AFC North is the Steelers best shot for the playoffs. Remember losses to the Jags, Broncos and Chargers would give those teams the edge over the Steelers for a wild card.

YEP.. Exactly my thoughts. On the other hand, we are what... 4 games back from the Ravens? Yet, we still have 2 games against them. Ravens also play the Bengals and Browns. Now.. I really don't think they will take the rest of the games from the division.

Which means, we have 1 game that we have to hope they lose.

Yes.. It IS A LONG SHOT.. it is possible too. Of course, this is all because we won only our THIRD GAME... so we are also putting the cart WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY before the horse.

MJ5150
11-14-2006, 03:15 AM
I don't see Jacksonville losing 3 of their remaining 7 games.

I do, for sure. This little war between Del Rio and Leftwich is going to bring that whole team down. Besides, Garrard won't lead them to the playoffs, and Fred Taylor is too old to carry the load.

-Mike

Preacher
11-14-2006, 03:52 AM
Dang... You all know what?

7 games left, we have only three wins... and we are STILL talking about a shot at getting into the playoffs...

I HATE PARITY IN THE NFL.

lamberts-lost-tooth
11-14-2006, 04:52 AM
If things play out with divisional leaders as they stand... and with the Chargers picking up the first wildcard slot....You would have Ravens/Colts/Broncos/Patriots/Chargers taking 5 out of 6 of the playoff slots

So who would get the last slot?...of course this is all arbitrary but let's take a look at the possibilities:

Cincy?....4-5....probably has the toughest remaining schedule with New Orleans, Cleveland, Baltimore, Oakland, Indianapolis, Denver,and Pittsburgh.
The Bengals could concievably only win two of those games going 6-7

Jacksonville?....5-4... with N.Y. Giants, Buffalo, Miami, Indianapolis, Tennessee, New England, and Kansas City.
with potential loses to Giants,Colts,New England and one game with the schizophrenic Chiefs....possible 8-8 or 9-7

Kansas City?...5-4...they have Oakland, Denver, Cleveland, Baltimore, San Diego, Oakland, Jacksonville.
They should beat Oakland both times,and Cleveland...the rest are up for graps since you never know which Chiefs team is going to show up.....8-8 to 10-6

Jets?...5-4...have the easiest schedule with Chicago, Houston, Green Bay, Buffalo, Minnesota, Miami, Oakland.
New York could beat Everyone on this schedule except for Chicago...and could end up being 11-5...potentially the hardest team for us to surpass for that last slot.

Steelers?...3-6... Cleveland, Baltimore, Tampa Bay, Cleveland, Carolina, Baltimore, and Cincinnati.
IF we win out, there is still a chance that we dont make the playoffs..we get the slot if the Chiefs and the Steelers both have the same record.....Jacksonville gets the slot if we have the same record...With Cincy it will be up to W/L and division record..and again the Jets have the greatest potential to oust us based on their soft schedule.

Ward86XL
11-14-2006, 06:10 AM
If things play out with divisional leaders as they stand... and with the Chargers picking up the first wildcard slot....You would have Ravens/Colts/Broncos/Patriots/Chargers taking 5 out of 6 of the playoff slots

So who would get the last slot?...of course this is all arbitrary but let's take a look at the possibilities:

Cincy?....4-5....probably has the toughest remaining schedule with New Orleans, Cleveland, Baltimore, Oakland, Indianapolis, Denver,and Pittsburgh.
The Bengals could concievably only win two of those games going 6-7

Jacksonville?....5-4... with N.Y. Giants, Buffalo, Miami, Indianapolis, Tennessee, New England, and Kansas City.
with potential loses to Giants,Colts,New England and one game with the schizophrenic Chiefs....possible 8-8 or 9-7

Kansas City?...5-4...they have Oakland, Denver, Cleveland, Baltimore, San Diego, Oakland, Jacksonville.
They should beat Oakland both times,and Cleveland...the rest are up for graps since you never know which Chiefs team is going to show up.....8-8 to 10-6

Jets?...5-4...have the easiest schedule with Chicago, Houston, Green Bay, Buffalo, Minnesota, Miami, Oakland.
New York could beat Everyone on this schedule except for Chicago...and could end up being 11-5...potentially the hardest team for us to surpass for that last slot.

Steelers?...3-6... Cleveland, Baltimore, Tampa Bay, Cleveland, Carolina, Baltimore, and Cincinnati.
IF we win out, there is still a chance that we dont make the playoffs..we get the slot if the Chiefs and the Steelers both have the same record.....Jacksonville gets the slot if we have the same record...With Cincy it will be up to W/L and division record..and again the Jets have the greatest potential to oust us based on their soft schedule.

The Jets are going to lose more than one game.. even though that looks like an easy schedule.. every team in the nfl has proven to put up a fight no matter what this season (well for the most part) and i think Green Bay, Minnesota, and/or Miami could beat the Jets not saying they will but I dont think it will be as easy as you think it will be for them... As for cincy... yeah they're going down..... Jacksonville has too many problems and the situation w/ the qbs i agree they're going down too.. i think the team to worry about is Kansas City

Either way you know what we have to start doing... cheering for them STEELERS... and start cheering against Cincy, Jacksonville, Kansas City, and the Jets.. and sit back and enjoy the show:helmet: :popcorn:

lamberts-lost-tooth
11-14-2006, 07:09 AM
The Jets are going to lose more than one game..

Either way you know what we have to start doing... cheering for them STEELERS... and start cheering against Cincy, Jacksonville, Kansas City, and the Jets.. and sit back and enjoy the show:helmet: :popcorn:

I hope your right on the first thought,,and KNOW your right on the second!!!!:tt02: :tt02: