PDA

View Full Version : Postgame comment by Kiesel re: tackling

Mosca
11-13-2006, 12:10 PM
How did you create the turnovers?

DE Brett Keisel: "You just have to swipe at the ball. We were gang-tackling today. Everyone was running to the ball like our defense is supposed to do. It wasn't the dominating game like we'd hope on defense, but you get those types of turnovers and you get that momentum back. That was big in the second half."

That was something I noticed during this game; better tackling. Even though the Steelers gave up a lot of third down yardage, I saw a lot of good fundamental tackling. The third down woes I'd more ascribe to the new guys being in plus the fact that Brees and Colston are really really good. No one gave those guys their 6 wins, they earned them by being good, after all. Colston is ROTY good. But I saw Steelers going to the ball on every play, and I saw good one-on-one containment.

Tom

sumo
11-13-2006, 12:29 PM
Is there a stat/record for most yardage ever given up on third down? - If so, I think the Steelers will break it this year - besides the turn-overs, the number of third down conversions we have allowed this season is staggering ...oh well - I will take a win no matter what - it's good to see a game with no costly turn-overs!!

Preacher
11-14-2006, 04:49 AM
Is there a stat/record for most yardage ever given up on third down? - If so, I think the Steelers will break it this year - besides the turn-overs, the number of third down conversions we have allowed this season is staggering ...oh well - I will take a win no matter what - it's good to see a game with no costly turn-overs!!

Like I have been saying... it is 2003 all over again. Remember the problem they had getting off the field on 3rd down back then?

Only this year... Maybe we can fix it, and make something of this season. Seems like we almost have it on track.