PDA

View Full Version : Will Butch Davis succee at U N C?

Elvis
11-14-2006, 05:37 PM
:coffee:
Now, I have always been a big Tar Heel basketball fan, and now that Butch Davis has taken over at the U N C football program can he turn our program around into a power house team like F S U or Miami,FLA?
I sure hope so
GO HEELS!!!:thumbsup:

Hines0wnz
11-17-2006, 04:59 PM
No, he may steal a few recruits away from NC State and Maryland but to impact the dominance of FSU and Miami is a tough task. Butch has a tough job that I wouldnt wish on any coach. He'd have been better off going to a Big XII school if it was available.

steelfan 92
11-17-2006, 06:31 PM
he will be very sucessful. i 'll give you a few reasons why. 1. he has connections to the nfl -recruits like that. 2. he will have a pipeline to florida for a lot of that talent. 3. the acc is not that great. 4. his style is more suite for college than the pros. 5. they'll have new mike jordan jumpman uniforms.

t-mill
11-28-2006, 06:49 PM
No... not because it's Butch Davis, but because its UNC... sorry

SteelCityMan786
11-28-2006, 07:27 PM
Not only that, UNC draws more basketball recruits that are decent then football.

Elvis
11-30-2006, 10:00 AM
:sofunny:
So, let me see if I am gettin' this right... You say that the dominance of the Miami's and FSU's is too much to overcome? Who is playing for the ACC Tittle game on saturday? GA Tech and Wake Forest right? Ok.. Miami,FLA is gonna be gettin' a new coach and we will see how he does with all the talent that would have loved to have came to Miami 10 years ago, that now will be thinking about going to GA Tech and other schools that are going in the right direction and trying to get things going in the right direction and where else better to start at than in God's Country... UNC Baby...GO HEEELSS....
UNC 98 #6 No More!!
Ohio State 89 #1 Ranked team NO MORE!!The Real Fab 5 is in Carolina Blue!!:cheer: :wave:

memphissteelergirl
11-30-2006, 11:12 AM
Well let's face it...Fla. State and "Thug U" (a.k.a. Miami) have had a lot of success recruiting top players. And it would be very hard (not impossible mind you, but hard) to get a good H.S. player to come to a program that has a less-than-stellar record. One could argue that Davis is basically starting from scratch.

JMHO....

Steel12
11-30-2006, 11:24 AM
Davis was a great recruiter at the U. I think he will do a fairly good job at UNC but he will NEVER win a title there.

Elvis
12-01-2006, 12:04 PM
I understand what you all are saying right now and I guess we will have to wait and see what happens.. I hope that he can get the job done and put a great program together like we have in our Basketball program... the best in the biz in my opinion...:thumbsup: [/COLOR]

memphissteelergirl
12-01-2006, 02:05 PM
Yeah, who knows? Davis may prove all of us wrong...it will be interesting to see how it all works out.

Peace...