PDA

View Full Version : Man, I was on a roll

SteelCityMan786
11-14-2006, 06:05 PM
Yesterday during Basketball practice I twisted my ankle and it was found to be a hairline fracture according to the X-Rays. It could be as long as 6-8 weeks before I can be fully active yet again.

Should be fun with a boot for the next 6-8 weeks. Fortunately it's nothing major.

steelergirlrocks
11-14-2006, 06:07 PM
Well, that doesn't sound good. But you will have all of us Steeler fans to keep you company! Hope you feel better soon!

SteelCityMan786
11-14-2006, 06:09 PM
Well, that doesn't sound good. But you will have all of us Steeler fans to keep you company! Hope you feel better soon!

Thanks, and it's a beautiful things to.

floodcitygirl
11-14-2006, 06:10 PM
Ugghhh! Sorry to hear it SCM. Hope you're not too uncomfortable. Happy healing! :smile:

Hawk Believer
11-14-2006, 06:21 PM
Sorry to hear that.

Are you non-wieght bearing on the foot? I ask because you may or may not know about a pretty cool device for getting around when you can't use your foot. Its called a Roller Aid and it is essentially a scooter that you can rest your affected leg's knee on. Its a huge step up from getting around on crutches. My wife just blew her achilles last month playing volleyball and has been using it and loves it. You can usually get a presctiption to rent one depending on your insurance.

Here is a link with a cheesy picture of a senior citizen using one. And you can remove the dorky looking basket (but it can be quite handy).
http://www.sammonspreston.com/Supply/Product.asp?Leaf_Id=562417
But trust me, its your looking into as an alternative to cruches that screw up your wrists and armpits.

Course, you may be able to walk in a boot right now and all this is moot....

SteelCityMan786
11-14-2006, 06:47 PM
Thanks guys.

Maidenarcher
11-14-2006, 08:38 PM
Yesterday during Basketball practice I twisted my ankle and it was found to be a hairline fracture according to the X-Rays. It could be as long as 6-8 weeks before I can be fully active yet again.

Should be fun with a boot for the next 6-8 weeks. Fortunately it's nothing major.

I can definitely sympathize with you...And, I am not talking about the nose surgery I just had.....
When I was in college I had a hairline fracture so small that the x-ray wouldn't even pick it up. I had to wear the space boot for 3 months.
I am sure your doctor told you that fractures don't heal as well or as fast as breaks...So, try to take care of yourself and stay off the basketball court...I know it will be tough, because I use to play basketball myself...And, it is hard to stay off the court when you can still play around a little while wearing your boot.....But, try and be good and stay off the court for a while....

MACH1
11-14-2006, 11:55 PM
Sorry to hear that. Did the same thing a few years ago and was stuck in on of those d*** boots for 9 weeks, took forever to heal. Dont be stupid like me, when its feeling better dont think your superman and do something dumb after a couple of weeks. Take care of it.:cheers:

SteelCityMan786
11-15-2006, 02:29 PM
I can definitely sympathize with you...And, I am not talking about the nose surgery I just had.....
When I was in college I had a hairline fracture so small that the x-ray wouldn't even pick it up. I had to wear the space boot for 3 months.
I am sure your doctor told you that fractures don't heal as well or as fast as breaks...So, try to take care of yourself and stay off the basketball court...I know it will be tough, because I use to play basketball myself...And, it is hard to stay off the court when you can still play around a little while wearing your boot.....But, try and be good and stay off the court for a while....

I'm DEFINANTLY staying off the Basketball court. I declared my season over the day of injury. It was just a better safe then sorry measure

and Thank you for the sympathies.

lamberts-lost-tooth
11-16-2006, 01:51 PM

Well..Im a "glass is half full" kind of guy...so even though I feel bad about your injury...Im looking forward to seeing more of you here!!!:thumbsup:

polamalufan43
11-16-2006, 02:57 PM
One tip, if you think that you are feeling better and ready to play, you probably aren't. I over-estimated my knee and made it worse. Just a little tip.

~Polamalufan43:tt02:

SteelCityMan786
11-16-2006, 03:29 PM
Well..Im a "glass is half full" kind of guy...so even though I feel bad about your injury...Im looking forward to seeing more of you here!!!:thumbsup:

Looking forward to spending more time here. Maybe I can accomplish 5,000 soon.

One tip, if you think that you are feeling better and ready to play, you probably aren't. I over-estimated my knee and made it worse. Just a little tip.

~Polamalufan43:tt02:

Don't plan to. I already declared myself OUT for the season.

Good and Bad news

Bad News:Scars are showing up, my mom says it's bruse marks. Nothing too serious

Good News: The Swelling has gone down dramatically.