PDA

View Full Version : A LITTLE ABOUT ME!

Maidenarcher
11-14-2006, 08:19 PM
It is very odd for me to be telling total strangers this(well some of you aren't total strangers...LOL), but I don't feel like I can tell anyone around me how I feel today...

Today, I had my bandages removed from a nose surgery I had last Thursday. I was a little nervous of course to see what my nose looked like. I like my nose and was worried it would look different.

You see over 18 years ago I got into an arguement with my mom over something terrible she thought I did. Well, why trying to get out of her reach I ran for the front door (hard steel). By the time I got my face out the door she slammed the door on my face. Not another word was ever mentioned about it.

Well, the injury was hardly noticeable on the outside. It only left a sharp spur of bone pushed to the side. Most people always talk about how pretty I am and how they would have never noticed my nose if I hadn't of mentioned it.... However, the injury did a lot of damage to the inside of my nose.

Of course, my mom has felt guilty the last 18 years. Firstly, because I never did what I was accused of doing and second, because she had scarred me(physically and emotionally). To this day she cries when she thinks about it. To top it off I actually had the surgery on the 3 year anniversary of my dad's death...Which made her more emotional.

Today, I wanted to cry when the bandage came off. Of course, now I can breathe...However, now I don't have to look in the mirror and daily be reminded of this terrible pain that was in my life.

Don't get me wrong, I will never be able to forget what happened...But, I really like the fact that I won't have to visually see the scar everyday....And, that I won't be so worried about people getting too close to my face because my nose has been sensitive to touch for the last 18 years.

Anyway, for all you who actually read this and suffered through my emotional blah blah, I appreciate it.

SteelCityMan786
11-14-2006, 08:32 PM
Well I'm now suffering through something like it with my hairline fracture that some of you know about.

stillers4me
11-14-2006, 08:39 PM
I hope the surgery turns out well for you.......and that you can forgive your mom. It sounds like she has suffered as badly as you over it. If you have children yourself, you must know how easily these things escalate and then, like with you and your mom, something happens that affects you both the rest of your lives. I hope you both get the healing you need.

floodcitygirl
11-14-2006, 08:44 PM
I pray that you find the peace and healing on the inside to match the physical restoration. I'm sure you look beautiful and I'm glad you're more comfortable.

klick81
11-14-2006, 08:59 PM
It is very odd for me to be telling total strangers this(well some of you aren't total strangers...LOL), but I don't feel like I can tell anyone around me how I feel today...

Today, I had my bandages removed from a nose surgery I had last Thursday. I was a little nervous of course to see what my nose looked like. I like my nose and was worried it would look different.

You see over 18 years ago I got into an arguement with my mom over something terrible she thought I did. Well, why trying to get out of her reach I ran for the front door (hard steel). By the time I got my face out the door she slammed the door on my face. Not another word was ever mentioned about it.

Well, the injury was hardly noticeable on the outside. It only left a sharp spur of bone pushed to the side. Most people always talk about how pretty I am and how they would have never noticed my nose if I hadn't of mentioned it.... However, the injury did a lot of damage to the inside of my nose.

Of course, my mom has felt guilty the last 18 years. Firstly, because I never did what I was accused of doing and second, because she had scarred me(physically and emotionally). To this day she cries when she thinks about it. To top it off I actually had the surgery on the 3 year anniversary of my dad's death...Which made her more emotional.

Today, I wanted to cry when the bandage came off. Of course, now I can breathe...However, now I don't have to look in the mirror and daily be reminded of this terrible pain that was in my life.

Don't get me wrong, I will never be able to forget what happened...But, I really like the fact that I won't have to visually see the scar everyday....And, that I won't be so worried about people getting too close to my face because my nose has been sensitive to touch for the last 18 years.

Anyway, for all you who actually read this and suffered through my emotional blah blah, I appreciate it.

Pictures!!!

Haha...just kidding. I'm sure this is a big steppingstone for you. Thanks for sharing with us!

Maidenarcher
11-14-2006, 09:28 PM
Hey stillers4me.....Thanks for the well wishes...I am a mother of a preteen now and believe me I am fully aware of wanting to put it on him sometimes....LOL...Oh Boy, Do I ever.....

And, as for you klick81.... LOL.... I hate to burst your bubble,but I didn't bruise too bad so there are no scary pictures of me. As a matter of fact the only scary pictures of me is when I was growing up in the 80's....Since then, it has been all good....

Note: If anyone can tell me how to post pictures on here I will share some pictures of my upcoming 32nd B-Day party....By then the swelling should be down....I hope...LOL

klick81
11-15-2006, 01:09 AM
And, as for you klick81.... LOL....[/B] I hate to burst your bubble,but I didn't bruise too bad so there are no scary pictures of me.

LOL...well i didn't mean for you to post scary pictures...i'm sure you look great :smile: If you go to photobucket.com, you can upload your pics there, then use the links they provide you with to post them here. Let me know if you need more detailed instructions!

Preacher
11-15-2006, 03:17 AM
Hey stillers4me.....Thanks for the well wishes...I am a mother of a preteen now and believe me I am fully aware of wanting to put it on him sometimes....LOL...Oh Boy, Do I ever.....

And, as for you klick81.... LOL.... I hate to burst your bubble,but I didn't bruise too bad so there are no scary pictures of me. As a matter of fact the only scary pictures of me is when I was growing up in the 80's....Since then, it has been all good....

Note: If anyone can tell me how to post pictures on here I will share some pictures of my upcoming 32nd B-Day party....By then the swelling should be down....I hope...LOL

I pray it all works out for you.

BTW.. No 80's picture is scary! Unless you were a waver! NEW WAVE SUCKS!

lamberts-lost-tooth
11-15-2006, 04:28 AM
.....As a matter of fact the only scary pictures of me is when I was growing up in the 80's....

Sounds like you are taking a step in the right direction to put a bad memory behind you...please sit down with your mom and allow both of you an opportunity to heal...(a little mental surgery...:smile: )

...and as for growing up in the 80's.....I still cringe when I see the clothes in Fast Times as Ridgemont High......YIKES!!!!!!!

Maidenarcher
11-15-2006, 05:13 PM
LOL...well i didn't mean for you to post scary pictures...i'm sure you look great :smile: If you go to photobucket.com, you can upload your pics there, then use the links they provide you with to post them here. Let me know if you need more detailed instructions!

Thanks...Appreciate it.

melroseplace
11-15-2006, 09:16 PM
it sounds like this is really going to help you, I hope it does. and have fun on your upcoming birthday!

steelergirlrocks
11-15-2006, 09:17 PM
Get well soon and feel better! Take care...take good care!

skidboot
11-15-2006, 09:45 PM
Keep your chin up!

BTW I've broken my nose at least 6 times that I can remember. All from Hockey.

Maidenarcher
11-15-2006, 10:02 PM
Keep your chin up!

BTW I've broken my nose at least 6 times that I can remember. All from Hockey.

Ghee....I am not envious in any way of you.....LOL

tony hipchest
11-15-2006, 10:14 PM
...and as for growing up in the 80's.....I still cringe when I see the clothes in Fast Times as Ridgemont High......YIKES!!!!!!!i still cringe every time i see phoebe cates in that red bikini. :jawdrop: :naughty:

you mean a red member only jacket with the sleves pulled up above the elbos isnt cool? :nerd:
and dont be knocking spicolis checkered vans. :thumbsup:

i hope the healing is quick for you ( and your mother) maidenarcher

lamberts-lost-tooth
11-16-2006, 06:34 AM
you mean a red member only jacket with the sleves pulled up above the elbos isnt cool? :nerd:
and dont be knocking spicolis checkered vans. :thumbsup:

OH!..and lets not forget the polo shirt with raised collar under the long sleeve button down!!!!!

HometownGal
11-16-2006, 07:23 AM
Maiden - you have suffered through some very difficult physical and emotional trauma and a lot of the time, the physical scars disappear long before the emotional scars. I agree with LLT here - sit down with your Mom when you feel comfortable in doing so and talk this out with her. You'll both have taken a huge step to emotionally healing from what happened so long ago and be able to move on and, God willing, re-build your relationship. I'm so glad things turned out so well for you with the surgery - keep that pretty chin up girl! :smile:

Mosca
11-16-2006, 09:21 AM
It's good to see that you've taken charge of this and set it straight. (No pun intended, but there it is!)

Life gets better when you forgive old hurts. All the best.

Tom

skidboot
11-16-2006, 09:23 AM
To err is human...
To forgive, devine.