PDA

View Full Version : PASS MORE TO MILLER !

NV STEELERS 723
11-14-2006, 10:42 PM
Heath has proved a worthy reciever..I'd like to see more passes over the middle to BIG HEATH MILLER....I think it could cut down on INT'S...Parker out of the backfield hasn't been bad either!

SteelersWoman
11-14-2006, 10:48 PM
I'm in total agreement NV.

stillers4me
11-14-2006, 10:51 PM
I'm ok with that!! Make it so, Number One!

Steelersfan4life0655
11-14-2006, 11:57 PM
I agree, since lately big ben has been pass happy, he should chuck a few to Miller. it would seriously take pressure off of ward and company. :tt02:

Haiku_Dirtt
11-15-2006, 12:01 AM
It's seems Miller is having his rookie season this year.

What I guess about Heath is that he has a stable mind. Stable minds become somewhat less coherent in a less stable environment. To pretend that the ship is even keeled is a falsehood.

Yes pass more to Miller. Alot more. But he needs to play better too. Many do.

Preacher
11-15-2006, 01:37 AM
It's seems Miller is having his rookie season this year.

What I guess about Heath is that he has a stable mind. Stable minds become somewhat less coherent in a less stable environment. To pretend that the ship is even keeled is a falsehood.

Yes pass more to Miller. Alot more. But he needs to play better too. Many do.

I actually thought Miller was having a good year. And yes.. PASS MORE TO MILLER

Livinginthe past
11-15-2006, 02:10 AM
I think Cowher was/probably still is a little wary of trusting the O-Line to cover Ben on a consistent basis so he is kept in as a blocker rather than a receiver.

He does have excellent hands, and a decent turn of pace and other intangibles that make him a legitimate threat - it would be good for Ben to have a safety valve instead of forcing the 40 yard bomb.

NM

Preacher
11-15-2006, 02:24 AM
I think Cowher was/probably still is a little wary of trusting the O-Line to cover Ben on a consistent basis so he is kept in as a blocker rather than a receiver.

He does have excellent hands, and a decent turn of pace and other intangibles that make him a legitimate threat - it would be good for Ben to have a safety valve instead of forcing the 40 yard bomb.

NM

True...

However, I think releasing him after a 4 count is fine. two or three other DL's have already broken through by then anyway sadly!

Livinginthe past
11-15-2006, 02:31 AM
True...

However, I think releasing him after a 4 count is fine. two or three other DL's have already broken through by then anyway sadly!

Im sure Miller did something similar on sunday - just broke away and found a soft spot.

Funnily enough (or not so funny) I think had Ben managed to avoid the ridiculous amount of injuries he has suffered this year Miller would have been unleashed as a regular weapon in the Pittsburgh offense this year.

Cowher has probably erred on the side of caution to stop Ben getting hammered too many times.

The thing is, Ben doesnt like throwing the ball away - so an extra receiving threat would probably have been more beneficial than an extra blocker anyway.

NM

Preacher
11-15-2006, 03:05 AM
Im sure Miller did something similar on sunday - just broke away and found a soft spot.

Funnily enough (or not so funny) I think had Ben managed to avoid the ridiculous amount of injuries he has suffered this year Miller would have been unleashed as a regular weapon in the Pittsburgh offense this year.

Cowher has probably erred on the side of caution to stop Ben getting hammered too many times.

The thing is, Ben doesnt like throwing the ball away - so an extra receiving threat would probably have been more beneficial than an extra blocker anyway.

NM

Your probably right. that is another reason why I like Willie in the backfield instead of a big back. He can come out of the backfield and with that speed, be a 4th or 5th reciever. Kinda tough when you line up only two wide, then run Miller and Wille and end up running four recievers.

Infamix
11-15-2006, 09:40 AM
Miller does need more passes...as well as Parker/Davenport. Those checks to the RBs keep the defense honest.

ARKIESTEEL
11-15-2006, 09:47 AM
Miller does need more passes...as well as Parker/Davenport. Those checks to the RBs keep the defense honest.

Good post I also like play action with Tuman and Miller both going out and leaveing Dan back to block and Davenport to block and release...you could even fake the reverse to Ward to pause them(the defense) on the play action twice...just a thought.....I realy love play action. Ben is a perfect play action QB with his size and being able to move some

but get the ball to Miller more he is a yardage monster

melroseplace
11-15-2006, 11:26 AM
there have been plenty of opportunities where Ben could have thrown to Heath but picked a different receiver instead. obviously Ben does his best to assess the situation but I agree that Heath should be getting some more action

Hines0wnz
11-15-2006, 11:35 AM

NM

I agree and have posted about Miller getting the ball more and often. There have been a number of good TEs that can catch under Cowher (Bruener being an exception as he was a monster blocker for Bettis) and can benefit the O with just a few catches a game. Hines cant be the only receiver to not be afraid to run over the middle! Heath is a beast and will maul any DBs if he is allowed to get some YAC time.

BigDuke6
11-15-2006, 12:01 PM
I've been saying "pass more to Miller" for weeks now. Love his YAC !!!

steelfan 92
11-15-2006, 12:22 PM
heath can work the middle, that would keep the linebackers from dropping deeper and would open our deep game up even more. ben needs to take what eh defense is giving him and stop forcing things.

memphissteelergirl
11-15-2006, 12:26 PM
I've been saying "pass more to Miller" for weeks now. Love his YAC !!!

I was talking about this with some other Steeler fans Sunday...I agree Heath needs to be utilized more.

Infamix
11-15-2006, 03:21 PM
I think what LITP said a couple pages ago is right though...with our offensive line looking like swiss cheese sometimes, we need more people blocking

ARKIESTEEL
11-15-2006, 03:35 PM
I think what LITP said a couple pages ago is right though...with our offensive line looking like swiss cheese sometimes, we need more people blocking

Or faster passing :flap:

stlrtruck
11-15-2006, 04:00 PM
If only Ben could see that Heath does a great job of sitting in the open zones!!!!

klick81
11-15-2006, 04:23 PM
So i think it's unanimous. More passes to Heath!

clevestinks
11-15-2006, 04:24 PM
Heath has proved a worthy reciever..I'd like to see more passes over the middle to BIG HEATH MILLER....I think it could cut down on INT'S...Parker out of the backfield hasn't been bad either!

I agree 10,000%

SmashMouthSteelerFan
11-15-2006, 05:22 PM
I agree 100,000 percent...especially when he is my Fantasy Football TE and everybody laughed at me when I said he was going to be the sleeper TE of the league!!! He did good against Miami scoring 16 points in our league (making me look like a fantasy guinius:thumbsup: ) ANYWAYS, It's uniaminous more passes to MILLER:jammin:

:tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02:

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
11-15-2006, 05:34 PM
MAN LAW?

Stlrs4Life
11-15-2006, 05:38 PM

Been saying that all year long. Amen!

83-Steelers-43
11-15-2006, 05:43 PM
His receiving skills are no secret. As a rookie he proved he can catch the ball. Now, get the ball to him.