PDA

View Full Version : Patriots install FieldTurf in time for Bears Game

Livinginthe past
11-15-2006, 02:19 AM
Looks like the rule that forbade the the switching of surfaces doesn't actually exist.

At this point I think it benefits the Patriots to have a quicker surface in match-ups with just about anyone excepting Indy - they've already been and gone and probably wont be back (we'll be in Indy if things progress that far).

Its odd how such a theoretically important rule can actually be thought to exist and actually not.

http://www.patriots.com/news/index.cfm?ac=latestnewsdetail&pid=22463&pcid=41

NM

Atlanta Dan
11-15-2006, 08:18 AM
LITP - I thought conspiracy theorists believed that cow pasture the Pats were playing on this year was all Belichek's doing.

In any event, with the Pats going to Field Turf, the competition is now officially over and the Commissioner can present the trophy to the Rooneys for Heinz Field having the worst turf in the NFL - nobody else is close to that disgraceful motocross track the Steelers play on.

Livinginthe past
11-15-2006, 09:48 AM
LITP - I thought conspiracy theorists believed that cow pasture the Pats were playing on this year was all Belichek's doing.

In any event, with the Pats going to Field Turf, the competition is now officially over and the Commissioner can present the trophy to the Rooneys for Heinz Field having the worst turf in the NFL - nobody else is close to that disgraceful motocross track the Steelers play on.

Hey Dan,

Those conspiracy theorists didn't really think their theory through properly as our offense has the potential to be explosive - certainly more so that anyone in our division so it was handicapping us the most.

Fast Willie seems to like the motocross track.

NM

Infamix
11-15-2006, 10:03 AM
Your right LITP, Willie has done well in the swamp.

Atlanta Dan
11-15-2006, 10:09 AM
Willie has slipped on the turf at least twice this season while attempting to cut back on runs he could have taken all the way.

AS LITP notes, the faster the track the better for a speed back. While my gripe is I think it is a better game for all concerned on a quality field, if you want to approach it from a short term analysis of what benefits the style of your team, the slop that might have worked for the Bus is not the best turf for Parker's game.

Hines0wnz
11-15-2006, 12:01 PM
Those conspiracy theorists didn't really think their theory through properly as our offense has the potential to be explosive - certainly more so that anyone in our division so it was handicapping us the most.

Corey Dillon didnt look explosive on his little saunter in the open field Sunday against the Jets. :flap:

Cape Cod Steel Head
11-15-2006, 04:09 PM
I think BB wanted to keep it that way to help your aging, and inexperienced DB's.

hardwork
11-16-2006, 01:03 AM
Too bad. I like the grass, the mud, the harsh weather, the whole 9 yards.

Anyway, they tried.

Atlanta Dan
11-16-2006, 08:44 PM
Watching Pitt-West Virginia and Herbstreit & Fowler join the crowd in arguing for FieldTurf at Heinz.

Herbstreit says the field is not only sloppy but uneven and asked "why don't the Steelers insist on a better field?" Fowler responds with the usual cliches about the Rooneys being a "family" (whatever that has to do with substandard working conditions for your employees).

Maybe the new coach can convince the Rooneys to do something.

Haiku_Dirtt
11-16-2006, 08:47 PM
It's astonishing that conditions are that bad at Heinz. Was that just a college kicker going 51 yards?

Why not just hold the rodeo there too.

Atlanta Dan
11-16-2006, 08:51 PM
With the tackling going on with the 2 defenses in this game you could see 50 yard runs broken off if the game was played in a rice paddy.

jaysta
11-17-2006, 12:48 AM
Maybe the new coach can convince the Rooneys to do something.

You aren't shipping Bill out the door after one rough season are you? As far as I've heard, he's coming back next year, so you may have to wait a little while. :tt02:

Atlanta Dan
11-17-2006, 07:32 AM
With regard to my new coach comment, There have been numerous threads on this board this season about whether Cowher is departing.

Of course I would not fire him - the consensus is he is leaving (see, e.g., Peter King's prediction for the Browns game this week (Mr. Jut-Jaw's last trip to the Dawg Pound, perhaps?)

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/writers/peter_king/11/16/week11/index.html