PDA

View Full Version : CARtON "of eggs" Palmer will get LAID out

tony hipchest
11-15-2006, 10:58 AM
by the ratbirds. it boils me to have to root for the bungals to beat the ravens on nov. 30, but i just cant see it happening. its never over-easy to beat the ravens, even for the mighty steelers.

carson cant scramble and often looks shell-shocked when facing a powerful defense.

the way the team counted its chickens before they hatched last week against SD, and gave up a 21 point lead shows the teams immaturity. their confidence has to be shattered.

my prediction: they will be poached like the tigers in india, cant crack the end zone, and lay a giant goose egg.

bengals 0
ravens 27

stlrtruck
11-15-2006, 12:41 PM
Either way the game goes, I'm sure they'll be a lot of whining from the losing side!

I resort back to my question the last time these two played....can't they just beat the crap out of each other and tie?

It would be nice to see the bungles win this one but I've got a feeling that they won't be able to get past the ratbird defense!

MattsMe
11-15-2006, 01:06 PM
:egg: :bowdown: A new record!

CJ#85
11-15-2006, 01:29 PM
The only time I ever hope to have to root for the Stoolers, is when you guys play the Rat Birds.

tony hipchest
11-15-2006, 01:34 PM
:egg: :bowdown: A new record!

LMAO! i forgot all about the fried egg emoticon!

HometownGal
11-15-2006, 02:10 PM
by the ratbirds. it boils me to have to root for the bungals to beat the ravens on nov. 30, but i just cant see it happening. its never over-easy to beat the ravens, even for the mighty steelers.

carson cant scramble and often looks shell-shocked when facing a powerful defense.

the way the team counted its chickens before they hatched last week against SD, and gave up a 21 point lead shows the teams immaturity. their confidence has to be shattered.

my prediction: they will be poached like the tigers in india, cant crack the end zone, and lay a giant goose egg.

bengals 0
ravens 27

EGG-cellent Tony - ROFL!!!! :toofunny: :egg: :chicken:

stillers4me
11-15-2006, 08:31 PM
The only time I ever hope to have to root for the Stoolers, is when you guys play the Rat Birds.

Now you know how we feel............:sofunny:

Tankus_Maximus
11-16-2006, 09:57 AM
That Ravens secondary is gonna turn Doushmanzadeh & Panocha Cinco into a "Kitchen Sink Omelette".

CJ#85
11-16-2006, 07:43 PM
Ya, and Jenny is going to throw about 3 interceptions. Parker will have a less than average day. Joey Porter will realize he would sound less stupid if he kept his mouth closed. :bouncy:

tony hipchest
11-16-2006, 08:40 PM
carton will receive a grade A ass whippin'

MattsMe
11-16-2006, 09:46 PM
There's a certain pecking order in this division, always has been, always will be. It goes like this:

1. Steelers
2. Who cares?
3. See #2
4. See #2

tony hipchest
11-16-2006, 09:59 PM
lmao @ mattsme.

Ya, and Jenny is going to throw about 3 interceptions. Parker will have a less than average day. Joey Porter will realize he would sound less stupid if he kept his mouth closed. :bouncy:

were you born or were you hatched ? the bengals belong to the same coup of loserdom as the cardinals. (atleast the cardinals have won a playoff game in the last 15 years though)

CJ#85
11-16-2006, 11:56 PM
Got an obcession with chickens and eggs today Tony? Here's one for your list. The Brownies are going to lay a big fat egg on the Stoolers final playoff hopes. The Stoolers will be too chicken to respond to the beating.

Tankus_Maximus
11-17-2006, 12:13 AM
Got an obcession with chickens and eggs today Tony? Here's one for your list. The Brownies are going to lay a big fat egg on the Stoolers final playoff hopes. The Stoolers will be too chicken to respond to the beating.

Here's one....Carton Palmer whines like a big bitchy c ock

CJ#85
11-17-2006, 01:34 AM
Here's one....Carton Palmer whines like a big bitchy c ock

Lol, that your best comeback. Just because Carson said he hated you once, he's a whiner? Your quarterback makes up injuries that he doesn't even have as an excuse for losing, and our quarterback is a whiner? Jen whined about a hit he recieved at Paul Brown last year that never even injured him, and he complained about Falcon players laughing at his widdle face. Our quarterback never criticized Kimo once. He just enjoys the rivalry between the two teams, so what?

PirateSteeler
11-17-2006, 03:01 AM
this thread is frEGGin pathetic

stlrtruck
11-17-2006, 08:45 AM
I remember Ben talking about his injuries but I don't recall him once using that as an excuse for losing.

HometownGal
11-17-2006, 09:01 AM
Lol, that your best comeback. Just because Carson said he hated you once, he's a whiner? Your quarterback makes up injuries that he doesn't even have as an excuse for losing, and our quarterback is a whiner? Jen whined about a hit he recieved at Paul Brown last year that never even injured him, and he complained about Falcon players laughing at his widdle face. Our quarterback never criticized Kimo once. He just enjoys the rivalry between the two teams, so what?

Yeah - he made 'em all up - you got us on that one, pecker head. :wink02: The only thing that Carto(o)n enjoys is choking his chicken.

tony hipchest
11-17-2006, 09:19 AM

lol. not an obsession. maybe the whole premise of this thread has flown over your head, like "One Flew Over the Cucoos Nest".

oh, and no cheating. ive already used "laying a goose egg". :smile:

CJ#85
11-17-2006, 02:46 PM
Maybe he didn't make up all of them, but some of them, obviously. For example, broken toes, 104 fever, tennis elbow, sore thumb. For many games he discreetly complains or acts like he's ill so he'll have an excuse if you lose.

Tony, this thread will be dead when you have to bock up crow when the Bengals win and the Brownies make your coop last place in the division. The loss may be over hard, but you'll have to wipe the splattered egg off your face and continue the season. You'll have to wait for next year for the Stoolers to come out of their shell. :chicken: :chicken: :chicken: :chicken: :chicken: :chicken: :chicken: :chicken:

HometownGal
11-17-2006, 03:21 PM
Maybe he didn't make up all of them, but some of them, obviously. For example, broken toes, 104 fever, tennis elbow, sore thumb. For many games he discreetly complains or acts like he's ill so he'll have an excuse if you lose.

Tony, this thread will be dead when you have to bock up crow when the Bengals win and the Brownies make your coop last place in the division. The loss may be over hard, but you'll have to wipe the splattered egg off your face and continue the season. You'll have to wait for next year for the Stoolers to come out of their shell. :chicken: :chicken: :chicken: :chicken: :chicken: :chicken: :chicken: :chicken:

Ahhhh - quit your cackling and crowing. For the last time - Ben didn't make up anything and especially not the 104 degree fever episode. The media source who initially reported it had a severe case of ear wax and heard it incorrectly. He had a 100.4 degree fever as he initially stated.

The Steelers are already coming out of their shell, Chicken Little. What's going to be the Bungles' c ockamamy excuse this week when they get barbequed in the bayou? Will Carton bust a drumstick? Or - as in typical Bungle fashion - which of their self-proclaimed c ocks of the walk will end up in the pen this week? :flap:

lamberts-lost-tooth
11-17-2006, 03:24 PM
Ya, and Jenny is going to throw about 3 interceptions. :
How exactly does one throw about 3 interceptions...are you saying 2?...4?...or do you not know that there is no such thing as a half an interception
Parker will have a less than average day
SOOOO...less that the 4th ranked back in the league....?...maybe as bad as..oh I dont know...lets just throw a name out there...Rudi?
Joey Porter will realize he would sound less stupid if he kept his mouth closed
...just as some people would write things less stupid if they quit typing....

stlrtruck
11-17-2006, 03:54 PM
CJ85, please show me a link, some news article where Ben Roethlisberger as attributed any of the loses to an injury, fever, or some other physical ailment?

tony hipchest
11-17-2006, 04:04 PM

Tony, this thread will be dead when you have to bock up crow when the Bengals win and the Brownies make your coop last place in the division. The loss may be over hard, but you'll have to wipe the splattered egg off your face and continue the season. You'll have to wait for next year for the Stoolers to come out of their shell. :chicken: :chicken: :chicken: :chicken: :chicken: :chicken: :chicken: :chicken: i realize winning the afc north by a tie is a feather in your cap, but you must remember the steelers have a whole flock of lombardis nesting at heinz field. the only crow that will be eaten is when the steelers feast on the ravens. infact they will get so full, of raven you would think it was a thanksgiving night game on the nfl network, and they had just eaten a turkey.

stillers4me
11-18-2006, 08:29 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/sueincinci/crackmeuprebel.gif

CJ#85
11-18-2006, 11:03 PM
CJ85, please show me a link, some news article where Ben Roethlisberger as attributed any of the loses to an injury, fever, or some other physical ailment?

He didn't do it personally, but he made durn sure that the media knew about these "ailments" before the game so they could chock that up for the reason you lost. I think he started to run out of legitmate excuses. He must have been getting embarrased when one of the announcers wondered what his next thing would be and made a joke about pregnancy.

Seriously, I know he did hurt his knee at one point, and I know he was in a horrible accident and had an appendectomy. Things such as the fever, thumb incidents, tennis elbow, broken toes, we all know were just things he could whine about so that if they loss the media would have an excuse for him.

SteelCityMan786
11-18-2006, 11:12 PM
Palmer is asking for it from Nawlins.

tony hipchest
11-18-2006, 11:22 PM
He didn't do it personally, but he made durn sure that the media knew about these "ailments" before the game so they could chock that up for the reason you lost. I think he started to run out of legitmate excuses. He must have been getting embarrased when one of the announcers wondered what his next thing would be and made a joke about pregnancy.

Seriously, I know he did hurt his knee at one point, and I know he was in a horrible accident and had an appendectomy. Things such as the fever, thumb incidents, tennis elbow, broken toes, we all know were just things he could whine about so that if they loss the media would have an excuse for him.check your facts. 100.4 is a fever. ben had a broken thumb that couldve used surgery if it were to offseason, instead, he played through it and won a sb. ben dont play tennis. noone heard about bens toes until after the AFCC game (thats a championship game for you that dont know) until AFTER the game. ben cant fake 3 surgeries. you need a new schtick. this one is rotten and has been blown out the water. it doesnt work no more.

dont be an egghead :egg:

SteelCityMan786
11-18-2006, 11:25 PM
check your facts. 100.4 is a fever. ben had a broken thumb that couldve used surgery if it were to offseason, instead, he played through it and won a sb. ben dont play tennis. noone heard about bens toes until after the AFCC game (thats a championship game for you that dont know) until AFTER the game. ben cant fake 3 surgeries. you need a new schtick. this one is rotten and has been blown out the water. it doesnt work no more.

dont be an egghead :egg:

I knew Big Ben did something that some QB's didn't do. Play through a 100 degree body temp and played through a broken thumb. Also he's been playing after certain things called: Motorcycle accident, concussions, and appendectimy.

CJ#85
11-18-2006, 11:31 PM
I believe he dinged his thumb on a helmet this year, and he got his little thumb all bandaged up. I doubt he would have had surgery from the broken thumb. Doctors don't often perform surgery for broken toes, fingers, or thumbs. Maybe 100.4 is a fever, but your "intelligent" coach had him out there off an appendectomy with a fever. Besides there is a big difference between 104 and 100.4. He said he had a 104 fever. He didn't realize how ridiculous that sounded as you can die from a fever that high. Tennis elbow was a recent excuse from a few weeks ago. I am more than willing to pull up an article or link. The broken toes was a made up excuse that even your coach denied.

I will give him credit for coming back so soon after such a horrible accident, appendectomy, and concussion. I just believe that your coach should have rested him longer after those injuries. I believe that is why in the games immediately following those injuries that his performance was so poor.

tony hipchest
11-19-2006, 01:35 AM
please pull up the tennis elbow article. and while youre at it, put your money where your mouth is, and pull up an article where he stated he had a 104 temp. or are you chicken? :chicken:

CJ#85
11-19-2006, 02:19 AM
Ok Tony, time to pull them up. I hate to say I told you so. I'm not chicken after all. :chicken: :banana:

Steelers Notebook: Reports aggravate Cowher

Wednesday, October 11, 2006
By Ed Bouchette, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

If Ben Roethlisberger grabs his elbow, it's news. If he shows up with his elbow in a sling under his shirt at his postgame news conference, it's news.

Coach Bill Cowher, though, blasted the television networks -- most recently NBC Sunday night -- for what he described as sensationalism regarding their reporting on Roethlisberger.

Roethlisberger was not on Cowher's injury report yesterday, nor was he last week.

NBC cameras caught the quarterback rubbing his right elbow during pregame warm-ups and played the clips of it.
Cowher said Roethlisberger's elbow was hit during the game, which is why he was icing it down afterward.

"Before the game he was fine," Cowher said. "It's another one of the sensationalized stories that sometimes these sideline reporters want to create."

During the Steelers' Monday night game in Jacksonville, ESPN's Michelle Tafoya reported that Roethlisberger told her he had a temperature of 104. Cowher pointed out later that his temperature actually was 100.4.

"It becomes a little bothersome because they try to make more than what's there and we're not trying to hide anything," Cowher said. "He gets something sometimes like tennis elbow, so he's trying to loosen it up like a kicker is loosening up his leg. He's fine. Sometimes there's so much sensationalism that takes place with this that it gets annoying at times."

Ok, now for the 104 temp. The reporter sticks by her word. This sounds like Toe-Gate which is also mentioned in the article.

How bad was Big Ben's fever?

By Joe Starkey
TRIBUNE-REVIEW
Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Bill Cowher showed up for his weekly news conference Tuesday in a predictably sour mood, only hours removed from perhaps the worst beating a Steelers offense has endured since he became coach in 1992.
One issue Cowher quickly attempted to clear, in the wake of a 9-0 loss to the Jacksonville Jaguars, was quarterback Ben Roethlisberger's fever.

Cowher said Roethlisberger did not have a 104-degree temperature, as was reported by Michele Tafoya on ESPN's Monday night broadcast.

"The fever was 100.4, not 104, OK?" Cowher said. "Somebody miscalculated a decimal point."

So, it was misreported?

"I don't know," Cowher said. "I didn't watch any pregame shows."

Tafoya, contacted by telephone last night, stood by her story. She'd heard that Roethlisberger had a cold and a high fever and checked it out with him.

"I spoke with Ben directly, 90 minutes before the game," said Tafoya, a sideline reporter. "I said, 'What's your temperature?' He said it was 104 at 2 o'clock. When he said that, I thought, 'I can't believe he's out here.' If he said 100.4 to me, I would have said, 'That's not very high, unless it's a toddler.' I never would have gone with anything I didn't believe he had said."

Chris Butler, M.D., a family practitioner with Premier Medical Associates in Monroeville, said a 104-degree temperature still is within range of a body's normal response to infection but that 105 or above would be considered a "pathological response."

"I would say in terms of a person's ability to function physically, I would be alarmed at 104," Butler said.

The situation evokes "Toe-Gate," which developed in the wake of the 2004 AFC Championship Game. Two days after he was intercepted three times in the Steelers' 41-27 loss to the New England Patriots, Roethlisberger told reporters he'd sustained two broken toes on his right foot during a first-half scramble.

A day later, Cowher forcefully denied the claim, saying, "We are unaware of any problems with his toes, OK? Ben does not have broken toes. I talked to Ben last night and got it straight from his mouth, and that's that."

Tafoya interviewed Roethlisberger after Monday's game and asked if he still had a fever.

"I'm not feeling too well," he said.

Certainly, the Steelers' offense was sickly. It produced just 26 rushing yards, the lowest total of Cowher's 15-year tenure.

Roethlisberger, under constant pressure, completed 17 of 32 passes for 141 yards, two interceptions and a passer rating of 38.7, fourth-lowest of his career. He was 15 days removed from an emergency appendectomy, which caused him to miss the season-opener, and barely three months removed from a near-fatal motorcycle accident that required seven hours of facial reconstruction surgery.

Livinginthe past
11-19-2006, 07:06 AM
That looks pretty conclusive to me.

Nice job CJ85.

Thats what the Blast Furnace is all about - using facts to make your point.

NM

meanjoecoop
11-19-2006, 09:09 AM
ESPN's Michelle Tafoya reported that Roethlisberger told her he had a temperature of 104. Cowher pointed out later that his temperature actually was 100.4.

:blah: :blah: :blah:

Michelle Tafoya doesnt know her ass from a hole in the ground. Shes just trying to make a name for herself at Bens expense. Its like when Jim Grey went after Pete Rose. A reporter with an agenda. She thinks because she has a camera and a mic that she can say whatever to make the story more dramatic.

Then again it is ESPN and we all know why Michelle Tafoya and Suzy Kolber are really on the show...

Livinginthe past
11-19-2006, 09:23 AM

Michelle Tafoya doesnt know her ass from a hole in the ground. Shes just trying to make a name for herself at Bens expense. Its like when Jim Grey went after Pete Rose. A reporter with an agenda. She thinks because she has a camera and a mic that she can say whatever to make the story more dramatic.

Then again it is ESPN and we all know why Michelle Tafoya and Suzy Kolber are really on the show...

You got any other evidence of TaFoya exaggerating facts and figures?

Or maybe she just really hates the Steelers and Ben?

That sounds pretty logical.

I look at TaFoya and then I look at Ben, and it seems pretty clear who has a history of fabrication and exaggeration.

NM

tony hipchest
11-19-2006, 11:12 AM
"He gets something sometimes like tennis elbow, "

-dr. cowher

lol. thats it??? no quote of ben complaining? i dont give a hoot what michelle said. notice how tafoya didnt quote him either? if she werent backtracking on a false report she would have the balls to put his words in quotes (like all good reporters do).

LITP may buy it but i doubt he read the thread, and if he did he forgets post #1 by the time he gets to post #4.

"Now we've got a couple of months," Palmer said, following his most ambitious workout since his surgery. "I wish we had a couple of more months for me personally.

thats why the bengals are losing. poor carson didnt have a couple of more months. :blah: what a whiner.

CJ#85
11-19-2006, 04:46 PM
Crow time Tony! You started two threads about Palmer. He threw three touchdowns to Chad Johnson, and he got the team in position to kick a field goal. Don't you worry about "poor Carson." He did fine today.

Boy, you came back pretty well against the Brownies, although if Butterfingers Braylon had caught that, you would have lost.

Oh well, you started this thread to say Carson would be killed and lose. Well, he and the Bengals won.

:banana: :chicken: :banana: :chicken: :banana: :chicken: :banana: :chicken: :banana:

tony hipchest
11-19-2006, 05:48 PM
Boy, you came back pretty well against the Brownies, although if Butterfingers Braylon had caught that, you would have lost.

:

"if, if, if,"

you bengalfans cant let it go.

who said anything about carson getting "killed" ?????

watching bungle fans crow about a win over the saints, is akin to watching raiderfans brag about beating the cardinals. :chuckle:

stick around. youll get the hang of these smack threads sooner or later.

Tankus_Maximus
11-19-2006, 05:50 PM
Crow time Tony! You started two threads about Palmer. He threw three touchdowns to Chad Johnson, and he got the team in position to kick a field goal. Don't you worry about "poor Carson." He did fine today.

Oh well, you started this thread to say Carson would be killed and lose. Well, he and the Bengals won.

:banana: :chicken: :banana: :chicken: :banana: :chicken: :banana: :chicken: :banana:

Allright CJ, since you wanna play the "IF" game (seems to be Bengals fan's favorite pastime), IF Santonio Holmes doesn't tip that screen pass to the Brownie defender, this isn't even a competitive game!

The Brownie's offense did jack-crap against us the entire game!! We spotted 'em 7 and still managed to come back. I'll tip my hat to the Browns D though, they brought their A-game today. But their offense wasn't able to put together a drive that resulted in a TD. Much like 4 of the 6 losses we've endured this year, Ben spots the other team a quick 6, and manages to make it close in the end, finally he finished one the right way.

CJ#85
11-19-2006, 05:56 PM
Uh uh, still not eating crow. Once again, I ate mine last week, why can't you eat yours? Too chicken? Besides, you are doing a lot of crowing after only beating the Brownies by 4 points. I've heard a lot of "ifs" in these forums anyway. I always hear Stooler fans saying, "if ben hadn't thrown so many interceptions," our record would be much better. Our win over the 6-3 Saints is much better than your win over the 3-6 Brownies.

Tankus_Maximus
11-19-2006, 06:03 PM
Nah we don't use "IFs" here...we use "DAMN TURNOVERS" in place of the "IFs". The "IF" Factory is conveniently located in PBS, and the CEO of "IF" Inc. is Caution Palmer.

Nice try though HJ.

tony hipchest
11-19-2006, 06:20 PM
Uh uh, still not eating crow. Once again, I ate mine last week, why can't you eat yours? Too chicken? Besides, you are doing a lot of crowing after only beating the Brownies by 4 points. I've heard a lot of "ifs" in these forums anyway. I always hear Stooler fans saying, "if ben hadn't thrown so many interceptions," our record would be much better. Our win over the 6-3 Saints is much better than your win over the 3-6 Brownies.

our 5-1 sb record is much better than the bungles 0-2 sb record. the steelers are still the sb champs and the bungles arent gonna do shit this year. whats your point?

Tankus_Maximus
11-19-2006, 06:37 PM
our 5-1 sb record is much better than the bungles 0-2 sb record. the steelers are still the sb champs and the bungles arent gonna do shit this year. whats your point?

Couldn't have said it better myself, T.

CantStop85
11-19-2006, 08:22 PM
Couldn't have said it better myself, T.
We know.

tony hipchest
11-19-2006, 08:29 PM
We know.

count any chickens lately? you still holding on to those bengals XLI sb tickets? :sofunny:

"hey dog..., did YOU see the size of that chicken?"

-young guns

CJ#85
11-19-2006, 09:43 PM
If the Bengals invented the "ifs" argument, the Steelers invented the "we suck this year, but we have 5 rings arguments." Do you honestly think we care about 4 old rings from back in the 70s or a tainted ring from last year? Well, I'd prefer to pay attention to the season I'm in, but I guess if you got nothing to look ahead to, do whatever floats your boat.

HometownGal
11-19-2006, 10:33 PM
If the Bengals invented the "ifs" argument, the Steelers invented the "we suck this year, but we have 5 rings arguments." Do you honestly think we care about 4 old rings from back in the 70s or a tainted ring from last year? Well, I'd prefer to pay attention to the season I'm in, but I guess if you got nothing to look ahead to, do whatever floats your boat.

And do you honestly think WE give a flying fandoozle about a team of criminals who can't smell where the Steelers shit last? :toofunny: C'mon back when the Bungles have won something more than a 50% off coupon at the prison commisary or a shank sharpening contest.

Tainted schmainted. Better go back to orange- green just isn't your color.

meanjoecoop
11-19-2006, 10:37 PM
Well, I'd prefer to pay attention to the season I'm in, but I guess if you got nothing to look ahead to, do whatever floats your boat.

I would expect that out of someone whose team has absolutely nothing to look back on...

oh wait...except for that brief "ickey shuffle" phase they went through. :toofunny:

MACH1
11-19-2006, 10:44 PM
Since the Bungal fans like chicken so much I found a t-shirt for them

http://images.cafepress.com/product/22863018_240x240_Front.jpg

P.S. Thats not a chicken its a C**K :jammin:

HometownGal
11-19-2006, 11:04 PM
LMAO bcrabt!! :toofunny: Hey - they have a three-fer special going on Bungles' t-shirts.....

http://images.cafepress.com/product/22863018_240x240_Front.jpg
http://imgs.t-shirts.com/clipartitems/small/154501.jpg http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B000FOU9P2.01-A8NGTDCMCO53E._SCMZZZZZZZ_V51814627_.jpg

Tankus_Maximus
11-19-2006, 11:32 PM
We know.

Oh my, aren't we the witty one??

You claim to be busy "getting an education", but I hardly see any of your *ahem* intelligence/creativity in any of your posts!

Still stand by that proclamation that the Bitches are gonna win 2-3 Super Bowls in the next couple of years?? Oh wait, this is the same guy that predicted the Reds would mak the playoffs (bwaaaa haaa haaa). Better stick to the books, kid.

CJ#85
11-19-2006, 11:54 PM
I am far from jealous of you. I would rather be a Bengal fan any day than a Stealer fan. I'm honestly not envious of your rings, but keep telling yourself that. It will make you feel better when the Bengals end up with a better record than you this season.

Tankus_Maximus
11-20-2006, 12:06 AM
I am far from jealous of you. I would rather be a Bengal fan any day than a Stealer fan. I'm honestly not envious of your rings, but keep telling yourself that. It will make you feel better when the Bengals end up with a better record than you this season.

YOU may not be jealous of us...but your overhyped, bitchy, fragile, lady-like QB sure is jealous of our success and tradition.

BENGALS SUCK!!!!

HometownGal
11-20-2006, 12:06 AM

Bake a pie, eat a pie :blah: :blah: :blah:

Of course you're envious of our rings - what do the Bungles really have except a team chock full of wannabe crumudgeons?

Enlighten me here, please. What does a better record than the Steelers this season get the Bungles if (there's that word again!) .......no - when - the Bengals go down the shitter as they always do? A cookie? :cookie:

Tankus_Maximus
11-20-2006, 12:08 AM
Bake a pie, eat a pie :blah: :blah: :blah:

Of course you're envious of our rings - what do the Bungles really have except a team chock full of wannabe crumudgeons?

Enlighten me here, please. What does a better record than the Steelers this season get the Bungles if (there's that word again!) .......no - when - the Bengals go down the shitter as they always do? A cookie? :cookie:

- *IF is copyright & patent Caution Palmer Enterprises.

CJ#85
11-20-2006, 01:00 AM
Rusty Steel Mill Slogan - We have 5 old rings: 4 from the 70s and a tainted ring from last year!

Keep telling yourselves we care. Sure, Carson threw you a complement because he wished they'd won the Super Bowl last year. Oh well, he got hurt. We weren't able to do it without him. He's the heart and soul of our team. Here comes my if, if we had him we may have won. We didn't, so that's that. I believe the hit was unfair and cheap. Oh well, it doesn't matter. Carson never once criticized Kimo and always stuck up for him. Jen, on the other hand, criticized one of our players for a hit where he didn't even get hurt.

You have the nerve to call Carson fragile? Here come's the Tracker...

Big Jens Excuse Tracker

Broken Toes, Sore Thumb (twice), Bad Knee, Broken Jaw, Appendicitis, Vertigo, Rust, 104 Temperature, Lack Of Confidence, Tennis Elbow and now he has PTSD , "its the receivers" and he almost died in the Falcon game while the Falcon players laughed at his surgically repaired face

Give me the Bengals any day over the Steelers. We have a great group of players and fans. Sure, a handful, 4 or 5 out of the roster were idiots, but we've moved on for the most part. Maybe we don't have some old rings from the 70s and a tainted ring from last year, but we've gone through a lot. I have faith that this team will be just fine.

MACH1
11-20-2006, 01:09 AM
You need some cheese with that whine

HometownGal
11-20-2006, 08:26 AM
Keep telling yourselves we care

If you don't care and our "4 old rings and tainted (LMAO!) ring" don't bother you, then why do you keep talking about them? If you don't care, why are you here in the first place? This is a Pittsburgh Steelers BB - did you think you would find an entire forum dedicated to the scum of the NFL - the Shitsinnati Bungles?

Oh well, he got hurt. We weren't able to do it without him. He's the heart and soul of our team.

For shame. We've been able to win without our starting QB. If the Bungles rely that heavily on one player, I'd be concerned if I were you.

Sure, a handful, 4 or 5 out of the roster were idiots, but we've moved on for the most part.

LMAO!!!! :toofunny: :toofunny: No need to even address this statement. It speaks for itself. :toofunny:

Maybe we don't have some old rings from the 70s and a tainted ring from last year, but we've gone through a lot.

There you go again! You're too transparent, CJ. :sofunny: btw - what have the Bungles gone through other than decades of losing seasons?

Tankus_Maximus
11-20-2006, 10:06 AM
Kimo didn't hit Caution, he was blocked into him. That was such a marvelous twist of fate, that when my wife was pregnant with our first child and we were discussing names...we both agreed, if it was a boy, we'd name him KIMO.

CantStop85
11-20-2006, 07:16 PM
Oh my, aren't we the witty one??

You claim to be busy "getting an education", but I hardly see any of your *ahem* intelligence/creativity in any of your posts!

Still stand by that proclamation that the Bitches are gonna win 2-3 Super Bowls in the next couple of years?? Oh wait, this is the same guy that predicted the Reds would mak the playoffs (bwaaaa haaa haaa). Better stick to the books, kid.
If only I could throw around phrases such as "the bengals suck" and "caution palmer" in every post. How do you do it?

MACH1
11-20-2006, 07:23 PM
Bungels = 20 year celler dwellers, its just to easy.

Tankus_Maximus
11-20-2006, 10:25 PM
If only I could throw around phrases such as "the bengals suck" and "caution palmer" in every post. How do you do it?

The same way you're able to proclaim Caution as the 2nd coming of Christ.

CJ#85
11-20-2006, 11:15 PM
[QUOTE=HometownGal;178786]If you don't care and our "4 old rings and tainted (LMAO!) ring" don't bother you, then why do you keep talking about them? If you don't care, why are you here in the first place? This is a Pittsburgh Steelers BB - did you think you would find an entire forum dedicated to the scum of the NFL - the Shitsinnati Bungles?

For shame. We've been able to win without our starting QB. If the Bungles rely that heavily on one player, I'd be concerned if I were you."

Your "rings" don't bother me. What bothers me is that whenever your team does bad or loses a game this season, the only thing you can do is look back and say "We have 5 rings (4 from over 30 years ago, and one from the refs).

Just remember, the "scum of the NFL" has a better record than you do.

Secondly, I consider Charlie Batch to be one of, if not the very best back up quarterback in the NFL. I honestly believe he is capable to start for any other NFL team. Imagine if Jen went down in a game, and Batch wasn't there. Imagine if you had Jon Kitna, who may be doing average fro the Lions even though they are losing, but who performed as a back up like Jen does on a bad day where he throws a lot of interceptions. Be lucky you have a back up like Batch. He is a great quarterback.

MattsMe
11-21-2006, 12:17 AM
Imagine if you had Jon Kitna, who may be doing average fro the Lions even though they are losing, but who performed as a back up like Jen does on a bad day where he throws a lot of interceptions. Be lucky you have a back up like Batch. He is a great quarterback.

Oh, wow, I'd never looked at it like that. What if we had a backup QB...and he was just average with the Lions, what would that be like? Gee, I wonder...

"He is a great quarterback."

Very competent backup? Yes.
Great quarterback? :toofunny:

tony hipchest
11-21-2006, 12:24 AM
Oh, wow, I'd never looked at it like that. What if we had a backup QB...and he was just average with the Lions, what would that be like? Gee, I wonder...

"He is a great quarterback."

Very competent backup? Yes.
Great quarterback? :toofunny:

:sofunny: *WHAAAAP*

i think what my man mattsme is trying to say, is that...

ah... fuhgett.

nevermind. :smile:

you were just served like breakfast in bed.

MACH1
11-21-2006, 12:27 AM
Cant spell Kitna without INT

tony hipchest
11-21-2006, 12:34 AM
Cant spell Kitna without INThmmmm. very true. ive never thought about that. (you may have to explain to bengalfans that they have to scramble the letters though.) :dang:

INT.
kITNa

CJ#85
11-21-2006, 01:12 AM
How great would Jen be if he had to play for Detroit? How great is anybody that has to play for Detroit? With Jen's feet of concrete, he would drive the Lions offense in reverse. If Batch had started for the Steelers this year, they would at least be 5-5, equal to the Bengals in record only.

tony hipchest
11-21-2006, 01:23 AM
How great would Jen be if he had to play for Detroit? How great is anybody that has to play for Detroit? With Jen's feet of concrete, he would drive the Lions offense in reverse. If Batch had started for the Steelers this year, they would at least be 5-5, equal to the Bengals in record only.
what are you, on crack?

why did you question me starting this thread when you still keep on posting in it? you must like it...

in fact, i think you LOVE it!

Tankus_Maximus
11-21-2006, 09:52 AM
Hmmm..I seem to remember a game where Caution went down, and Kitna HAD A LEAD and STILL managed to lose that game. Hmm, seems to me, that it was a rather IMPORTANT game too....

It's hilarious how Bungle nation likes to over-look the first two years of Ben's career, not to mention he had the 4th highest passer rating in playoff history (behind some guys named Montana, Elway, & Aikman, not bad company if you ask me) but wanna pile on THIS lone year, and omit the fact that THE MAN NEARLY DIED 6 MONTHS AGO!

And please....don't even compare Caution's lil twisted knee to flying off a crotch rocket. And we already know that riding the crotch rocket without a helmet was a stupid thing to do.

CJ#85
11-21-2006, 12:45 PM
The difference in Carson's knee is, he couldn't control what happened. Kimo von Awfulcoffin decided to secure a victory by purposely twisting out Carson's knee. Jen, on the other hand, was warned by his coach and even Bradshaw, not to ride a motorcycle, let alone without a helmet. He decided to risk his life and his team by going out on that thing alone with no shell on his head besides his skull without a brain. The accidents were different, but Jens easily could have been prevented. Sure, it was a terrible accident, and I'm glad he survived, but it still doesn't negate the fact he was stupid for getting on the "crotch rocket" in the first place.

By the way, does anyone have Jen's Superbowl rating? We can compare it to all the other quarterbacks that won the Superbowl. Sure he has had some good games, and I think he should have been rested after all he went through in the offseason. I think your coach should have benched him for at least a couple weeks. He's benefitted from being a clock manager though with a solid running game. Without Bettis, he hasn't had that as much. I still bet you go for a Bettis type back druing the offseason.

I was throwing Batch a compliment, and I mean it. Not many teams have a back up that can step in and look just as good or better than their starter. I think he's great in the back up sense and in the sense he could definitely be starting quarterback somewhere else. If he was, I'd put him on my fantasy team, after Carson of course.

Tankus_Maximus
11-21-2006, 10:45 PM
The difference in Carson's knee is, he couldn't control what happened. Kimo von Awfulcoffin decided to secure a victory by purposely twisting out Carson's knee. Jen, on the other hand, was warned by his coach and even Bradshaw, not to ride a motorcycle, let alone without a helmet. He decided to risk his life and his team by going out on that thing alone with no shell on his head besides his skull without a brain. The accidents were different, but Jens easily could have been prevented. Sure, it was a terrible accident, and I'm glad he survived, but it still doesn't negate the fact he was stupid for getting on the "crotch rocket" in the first place.

By the way, does anyone have Jen's Superbowl rating? We can compare it to all the other quarterbacks that won the Superbowl. Sure he has had some good games, and I think he should have been rested after all he went through in the offseason. I think your coach should have benched him for at least a couple weeks. He's benefitted from being a clock manager though with a solid running game. Without Bettis, he hasn't had that as much. I still bet you go for a Bettis type back druing the offseason.

I was throwing Batch a compliment, and I mean it. Not many teams have a back up that can step in and look just as good or better than their starter. I think he's great in the back up sense and in the sense he could definitely be starting quarterback somewhere else. If he was, I'd put him on my fantasy team, after Carson of course.

Kimo was blocked into Caution. Caution's lil twisted knee could have been easily prevented if (there's that word again) Caution had a competent blind-side tackle.

Everyone here has already stated that Ben's accident was stupid. I even stated that in the previous post for you. Caution's "injury" was so severe, because Caution is so fragile. Maybe the kid didn't drink enough milk growing up and is calcium deficient.

If that were Iron Man (Ben) in Caution's scenario, Iron Man would've missed a series or two-tops! and been back in the game in time to win. Guaranf'nteed.

Your attempt at comparing the intestinal fortitude of Caution to Ben's, is like comparing Ben Stiller (Caution Palmer) to John Wayne (Ben).

Carson Palmer--damn that sounds like a gay-porn-actor's stage name.

CJ#85
11-22-2006, 12:20 AM
Block huh. Steinbach tapped him a little with his fingers. He didn't fall down, wrap his arm around Carson's knee, push his 300+ pound shoulder into it, and twist. Kimo did that.

Is Mcnair fragile? Is Culpepper? Is Trent Green? (he had the same injury when he played for the Rams) Is your quarterback who missed a few weeks due to a much less serious knee injury?

tony hipchest
11-22-2006, 12:29 AM
Is Mcnair fragile? Is Culpepper? Is Trent Green? (he had the same injury when he played for the Rams) Is your quarterback who missed a few weeks due to a much less serious knee injury? it was much less serious cause he is not as fragile :dang:. duhhhhh! anyone who saw bens hit in sandiego vs. carsons hit vs the steelers said that bens looked 10X more serious. carsons just a puss who wouldve never been hurt if he werent hot dogging a pass that didnt even go for a td anyways.

MACH1
11-22-2006, 12:29 AM
Block huh. Steinbach tapped him a little with his fingers. He didn't fall down, wrap his arm around Carson's knee, push his 300+ pound shoulder into it, and twist. Kimo did that.

What game were you watching? Obviously not the same one where it was undeniably clear that Kimo was blocked into noodle leg palmer. And if Kimo twisted his leg he would of twisted it clean off and beat the living hell out of him with it.

meanjoecoop
11-22-2006, 12:36 AM
Block huh. Steinbach tapped him a little with his fingers.

If Steinbitch had done his job we wouldnt be having this stupid conversation. You would be focusing on another grand excuse as to why the bungles lost that game.

Instead he was more interested in watching the game than playing in it.

CJ#85
11-22-2006, 12:37 AM
What game were you watching? Obviously not the same one where it was undeniably clear that Kimo was blocked into noodle leg palmer. And if Kimo twisted his leg he would of twisted it clean off and beat the living hell out of him with it.

If you say so, but I've seen the tape plenty of times to know. Anyway, find a link or site that says Jen's hit looked worse than Carson's. :yawn:

floodcitygirl
11-22-2006, 12:38 AM
And if Kimo twisted his leg he would of twisted it clean off and beat the living hell out of him with it.I don't find humor in Carson's injury because I was at that game and it was soooo sad on alot of levels when he got hurt but I've got to tell you, maybe it's because I've lived in Cincy for too long, but THAT was funny!!!!! :toofunny: :toofunny: :toofunny:

HometownGal
11-22-2006, 07:39 AM
If you say so, but I've seen the tape plenty of times to know. Anyway, find a link or site that says Jen's hit looked worse than Carson's. :yawn:

Don't you ever tire of playing "I know you are but what am I?" Who gives a rat's ass anyway? The bottom line here is - the Bungles depend on ONE player - you said so yourself in another post. The Steelers won the Super Bowl despite Ben's less than stellar performance. Why you might ask? Because the Steelers play as a team and don't depend on one guy to carry them. Are you gettin' it yet, huh, are ya? :yawn: :dang:

CJ#85
11-22-2006, 04:22 PM
Don't you ever tire of playing "I know you are but what am I?" Who gives a rat's ass anyway? The bottom line here is - the Bungles depend on ONE player - you said so yourself in another post. The Steelers won the Super Bowl despite Ben's less than stellar performance. Why you might ask? Because the Steelers play as a team and don't depend on one guy to carry them. Are you gettin' it yet, huh, are ya? :yawn: :dang:

That explains why you've done so well without Big Fumbling Fatty huh.:wink02:

MACH1
11-22-2006, 06:10 PM

Remind of what exactly the bungholes have done in the last twenty years......playoff wins, noooo--superbowls, nooooo-----gone fishing, yesssssss :toofunny:

HometownGal
11-22-2006, 08:31 PM
Remind of what exactly the bungholes have done in the last twenty years......playoff wins, noooo--superbowls, nooooo-----gone fishing, yesssssss :toofunny:

..........were Bubba's bitches in the big house. :toofunny:

meanjoecoop
11-22-2006, 09:13 PM

Jerome Bettis wearing his Super Bowl ring to the opening home game at Paul Brown Stadium this year, and showing it off to the crowd, is as close to a ring ceremony as the bungals are ever gonna get. :toofunny:

http://images.nfl.com/photos/img6658988.jpg

stillers4me
11-22-2006, 09:17 PM

Now even I'd pay to see that!!!! :jammin:

Tankus_Maximus
11-23-2006, 10:22 AM

Is Mcnair fragile? Is Culpepper? Is Trent Green? (he had the same injury when he played for the Rams) Is your quarterback who missed a few weeks due to a much less serious knee injury?

Ben never had a knee injury this year. He's almost died and had an appendectomy and a concussion. But no sissy twisted knees this year.

stillers4me
11-23-2006, 10:27 AM
Ben never had a knee injury this year. He's almost died and had an appendectomy and a concussion. But no sissy twisted knees this year.

And he still gets up........I don't see no sissy QB here. He threw a game winning TD minutes after this was taken. And as for the knee injury last year......he had surgery on it in the middle of the season and came back to take his team to a World Championship.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/sueincinci/Steelers/Ben.gif

He almost died less than 6 months ago (then he had another emergancy surgery and a concussion only weeks ago).......This is one tuff young gun slinger.

Palmers knee injury was almost one year ago and everybody's still whining about it. Get over it.

Tankus_Maximus
11-23-2006, 10:47 AM
I think Ben was forged in Steel...while Caution was forged out of old used up tampons.

stillers4me
11-23-2006, 10:55 AM
I think Ben was forged in Steel...while Caution was forged out of old used up tampons.

Ben was forged in steel..........I think you're on to something here!! I like it!!

CJ#85
11-23-2006, 08:40 PM

Does steel have that many injuries?

The reason why people have talked about Carson's injury is, it sometimes destroys a career. Look at Culpepper, the guy wasn't the best in the first place, but he had basically the same injury. He hasn't played the same since. The only team he beat was, I believe, Arizona. Trent Green had the same injury, and he had about the same recovery time. Most doctors were surprised because Carson was at least two months ahead of schedule.

Did Jen almost die? Yes, he did. However, he survived. He banged his knees a little, but mostly he had 7 hours of facial reconstructive surgery. You can come back and play faster with a repaired face than you can from a knee you can barely walk on. He had an appendectomy which seems pretty common this year in the NFL. Other players have had them as well and have had about the two to three week recovery time. He was back a week early with a "104" temperature, and he had a horrible game because he should have been out another week. Yes, he got a concussion, but so did TJ, and he was back. All his injuries basically had shorter reovery times. Any doctor will tell you that.

stillers4me
11-23-2006, 08:46 PM
What's so hard to understand that all these came one after the other in less than six months and the kid just keeps going..............Go away little girl. Nobody here like your prima donna quarterback and no matter how you spin it, we never will.

CJ#85
11-23-2006, 08:58 PM
What's so hard to understand that all these came one after the other in less than six months and the kid just keeps going..............Go away little girl. Nobody here like your prima donna quarterback and no matter how you spin it, we never will.

That wasn't much of a response to what I wrote.

stillers4me
11-23-2006, 09:02 PM
That wasn't much of a response to what I wrote.

We're all tired of repeating the same things over and over over and over.......we get it. Carson Palmer is a gift from the football gods to all humanity. Now scram.

Tankus_Maximus
11-23-2006, 09:09 PM
Does steel have that many injuries?

The reason why people have talked about Carson's injury is, it sometimes destroys a career. Look at Culpepper, the guy wasn't the best in the first place, but he had basically the same injury. He hasn't played the same since. The only team he beat was, I believe, Arizona. Trent Green had the same injury, and he had about the same recovery time. Most doctors were surprised because Carson was at least two months ahead of schedule.

Did Jen almost die? Yes, he did. However, he survived. He banged his knees a little, but mostly he had 7 hours of facial reconstructive surgery. You can come back and play faster with a repaired face than you can from a knee you can barely walk on. He had an appendectomy which seems pretty common this year in the NFL. Other players have had them as well and have had about the two to three week recovery time. He was back a week early with a "104" temperature, and he had a horrible game because he should have been out another week. Yes, he got a concussion, but so did TJ, and he was back. All his injuries basically had shorter reovery times. Any doctor will tell you that.

Where'd you get your Phd?

Caution got a boo-boo on his stick...Iron Man's faced the Grim Reaper. 'Nuff said.

CJ#85
11-23-2006, 09:10 PM
We're all tired of repeating the same things over and over over and over.......we get it. Carson Palmer is a gift from the football gods to all humanity. Now scram.

Me too. However, all the Bengal bashing threads are nearly exact replicas. The usually bash Palmer and flaunt rings. So, I defend Palmer and counteract your arguments by criticizing Ben. Then, every time I say somthing, you flaunt the rings, so I go into my last years Super Bowl argument. A lot of times, the threads started use the same type of mockery, so I just respond with the same arguments.

Tankus_Maximus
11-23-2006, 09:12 PM
Me too. However, all the Bengal bashing threads are nearly exact replicas. The usually bash Palmer and flaunt rings. So, I defend Palmer and counteract your arguments by criticizing Ben. Then, every time I say somthing, you flaunt the rings, so I go into my last years Super Bowl argument. A lot of times, the threads started use the same type of mockery, so I just respond with the same arguments.

But the fun part for us, is watching you get your panties in a twist. :cheers:

CJ#85
11-23-2006, 09:14 PM
Where'd you get your Phd?

Caution got a boo-boo on his stick...Iron Man's faced the Grim Reaper. 'Nuff said.

I said he faced death, but if you read my post, you'll still see the recovery times for the incidents and getting medical clearing to play are different. I could almost drown tomorrow, but after a few days in the hospital, I may survive. It may not take that long for me to recover, but it doesn't mean I didn't face death.

Tankus_Maximus
11-23-2006, 09:16 PM
I'm thinkin you've come close to drowning in the bathtub a couple of times...no?

stillers4me
11-23-2006, 09:17 PM
It's a Steeler fan site.

I don't see a subforum for the Kitten Palmer Tiger Beat Fan Club.

MACH1
11-23-2006, 09:57 PM
I'm thinkin you've come close to drowning in the bathtub a couple of times...no?

I'm thinkin it wasnt the bathtub but she slipped on the rim of the toilet and dunked herself a few times trying to figure out what color the pee was. :scratchchin:
:sign09:

CJ#85
11-23-2006, 10:02 PM
I'm thinkin it wasnt the bathtub but she slipped on the rim of the toilet and dunked herself a few times trying to figure out what color the pee was. :scratchchin:

You're the ones trying to figure out its color, I already know it's yellow like the Steelers uniforms.

Tankus_Maximus
11-24-2006, 12:56 PM
You're the ones trying to figure out its color, I already know it's yellow like the Steelers uniforms.

No..it's YOU.

And they're GOLD.:helmet:

CJ#85
11-24-2006, 09:13 PM
No..it's YOU.

And they're GOLD.:helmet:

Uh k, well, I think I'll go carry on a conversation with intelligent people who learned their colors in preschool.

ShutDown24
11-24-2006, 09:24 PM
If you find these boards un educated then LEAVE! I am new here myself but I am very angry at the kind of BS I see people having to put up with you. The only thing I see you post is how dumb Steelers fans are, how there are no intelligant posts, how Bengals fans have smart things to say, etc, etc... So let me invite you to leave. Go to some other boared where people carry out "intelligant conversations".

CJ#85
11-24-2006, 09:42 PM
If you find these boards un educated then LEAVE! I am new here myself but I am very angry at the kind of BS I see people having to put up with you. The only thing I see you post is how dumb Steelers fans are, how there are no intelligant posts, how Bengals fans have smart things to say, etc, etc... So let me invite you to leave. Go to some other boared where people carry out "intelligant conversations".

That's the smartest thing I've heard you say yet.

ShutDown24
11-24-2006, 09:47 PM
I still have yet to see you say anything smart. No matter how many times you hear it you wont leave. Here is the reason why. Despite all of your criticism of it, you love the "un intelligant talk". Yes you love it, if any of your posts were sincere you would be long gone. Give up, your a joke.

Tankus_Maximus
11-24-2006, 09:57 PM
Uh k, well, I think I'll go carry on a conversation with intelligent people who learned their colors in preschool.

That's considered a "tap-out".

tony hipchest
11-27-2006, 01:16 PM
who-dey, who-dey, who-dey think the bengals shit through feathers?

if the ravens get the same pressure on palmer that they did ben, we may see the last of carson this season.

MACH1
11-27-2006, 02:33 PM
Yep Ol' noodle legs going to be runnin for his life in this one.

Tankus_Maximus
11-27-2006, 09:50 PM
Hopefully Bart Scott & Ray Lewis can put Caution out of his misery and end his season!

stillers4me
11-27-2006, 11:55 PM
Hopefully Bart Scott & Ray Lewis can put Caution out of his misery and end his season!

Yessir.......Big Ben lived to tell his tale. Tune in Thursday for the next episode of All My Quarterbacks..........:wink02:

Tankus_Maximus
11-28-2006, 10:53 AM
In all honesty...That Raven D went through our *ahem* o-line like a hot-knife through butter!!

When Balt got called for having 12 men on the field, it all made sense...it seemed like they just had more defenders than we had offensive players.

I just see Balt annihilating The Bungles...whatcha think Panocha-Cinco's got planned for Ed Reed?

CantStop85
11-28-2006, 09:21 PM
In all honesty...That Raven D went through our *ahem* o-line like a hot-knife through butter!!

When Balt got called for having 12 men on the field, it all made sense...it seemed like they just had more defenders than we had offensive players.

I just see Balt annihilating The Bungles...whatcha think Panocha-Cinco's got planned for Ed Reed?
To be honest, I really like Cincy's chances in the game thursday...I'm pretty confident that the Bengals offense can put up points on the Ravens D. The key will be containing Baltimore's offense, and although Cincy's defense has struggled, they showed some life Sunday and Baltimore's offense isn't exactly their strong point to begin with.

Baltimore's a really good team, possibly the best in the AFC, but I think if Cincy can get up on them early, the Ravens won't have enough firepower to overcome it.

Black@Gold Forever32
11-28-2006, 10:37 PM
Thats going to be key for the Bengals to jump on the Ravens early and try to get them to play a shoot out style. Thats going to be tough to do against a very good Ravens defense. But the Bengals do have the offensive fire power to pull it off. Just as long the Oline gives Carson enough time. I hope the Bengals smoke the Ravens. I hate the ****ing Ravens. Not that I'm a Bengals fan its just I hate the Ravens that much that I want to see the Bengals destroy the Ravens.

skidboot
11-29-2006, 10:21 AM
if Carthon Palmer's knees snapped at PBS Stadium and nobody was there to hear it........would it make a sound?

Tankus_Maximus
11-29-2006, 10:29 AM
To be honest, I really like Cincy's chances in the game thursday...I'm pretty confident that the Bengals offense can put up points on the Ravens D. The key will be containing Baltimore's offense, and although Cincy's defense has struggled, they showed some life Sunday and Baltimore's offense isn't exactly their strong point to begin with.

Baltimore's a really good team, possibly the best in the AFC, but I think if Cincy can get up on them early, the Ravens won't have enough firepower to overcome it.

There's that word again!! Caution Palmer has as much chance of putting up points on that D, as Frosty The Snowman does of walking through downtown-hell in mid-august and coming out in one-peice!

tony hipchest
11-29-2006, 11:16 AM
will all the kings horses, and all the kings men, be able to put carton dumpty back together again? :egg:

Livinginthe past
11-29-2006, 11:31 AM
Just imagine, Carson Palmer could get injured on the very first play from scrimmage and still put up as many points against the Ravens as Ben did.

A sobering thought.

NM

tony hipchest
11-29-2006, 11:44 AM
Just imagine, Carson Palmer could get injured on the very first play from scrimmage and still put up as many points against the Ravens as Ben did.

NM

and break his record for his shortest stint in a game by 1 play.

hardwork
11-29-2006, 01:02 PM
27-0

Did Ben break his SB record of worst QB rating ever?

tony hipchest
11-29-2006, 01:38 PM
27-0

:confused: did he break whose record? tony easons?

http://espn.go.com/page2/s/list/superbowl/worst.html

The List: Worst Super Bowl performances
Page 2 staff

Earlier this week, we recalled the top 10 performances in Super Bowl history. Since Page 2 has a mean streak, we now give you the list of the worst Super Bowl performances.

1. Tony Eason, Patriots, Super Bowl XX
Let's put it this way: the Fridge had a better day on offense than Eason. The Bears' vaunted "46" defense forced Eason into the worst game ever by a starting quarterback, so bad that Eason completed as many passes in a Super Bowl game as the Page 2 staff: zero. By the time he was replaced by Steve Grogan in the second quarter, Eason was 0-for-6, had fumbled once and been sacked three times. The Bears cruised to a 46-10 win.

Congratulations! You have completed as many passes in a Super Bowl as Tony Eason. :toofunny:
2. Craig Morton, Broncos, Super Bowl XII
This was a bigger nightmare for Morton than when he used to alternate plays with Roger Staubach as Cowboys' QB. Facing his old teammate, Morton completed as many passes -- four -- as he had intercepted. He finished 4-for-15 for 39 yards and was replaced by the immortal Norris Weese in a 27-10 loss.

3. Thurman Thomas, Bills, Super Bowl XXVI
Before the game, Thomas had complained that he didn't receive enough respect or attention even though he had just been named the NFL's Most Valuable Player. Thomas then couldn't find his helmet on Buffalo's first series of the game and proceeded to rush for 13 yards on 10 carries as the Redskins beat the Bills 37-24.

4. Eugene Robinson, Falcons, Super Bowl XXXIII
The night before the Super Bowl, the Falcons' starting safey -- known for his community work and deep religious faith -- was arrested on a charge of soliciting an undercover police officer for oral sex. Coach Dan Reeves started Robinson anyway, but Robinson got burned twice deep, including an 80-yard touchdown to Rod Smith that put Denver in control 17-3, on way to a 34-19 win.

5. Earl Morrall, Colts, Super Bowl III
With Johnny Unitas missing most of the year with an elbow injury, Morrall became the Colts' starting QB -- and won MVP honors. But he was anything but MVP in this game. In fact, it was his poor performance -- 6-for-17 for 71 yards and three interceptions -- as much as Joe Namath's passing that allowed Broadway Joe's prediction to come true as the Jets pulled off the upset, 16-7.

6. John Elway, Broncos, Super Bowl XXIV
Before he became a Legend, he was the '80s version of Fran Tarkenton. Elway dropped to 0-3 in Super Bowl action in a humiliating 55-10 defeat to the 49ers. He completed just 10 of 26 passes for a meager 108 yards, was intercepted twice and fumbled twice.

7. Kerry Collins, Giants, Super Bowl XXXV
Sure, Baltimore's defense was fearsome, but Collins looked lost in this one. He was 15-for-39 for 112 and four interceptions (including one returned for a touchdown).

8. David Woodley, Dolphins, Super Bowl XVII
Woodley was, without a doubt, the worst QB ever to start a Super Bowl (48 career TDs, 63 career INT) and he played like it in Miami's 27-17 loss to Washington. He completed just four of 14 passes for 97 yards -- and 76 of those came on a first-quarter touchdown to Jimmy Cefalo -- and was eventually replaced by Don Strock.

9. Neil O'Donnell, Steelers, Super Bowl XXX
O'Donnell's final numbers were bad enough -- 28-for-49 for 239 yards (a ridiculous 4.8 yards per attempt) -- but it was the worst throw in Super Bowl history that earned him a spot on this list. The Steelers trailed the Cowboys 13-7 midway through the third quarter when Dallas' Larry Brown intercepted an O'Donnell pass that wasn't within 10 yards of the nearest Steelers receiver. Brown's pick helped set up a TD and Dallas went on to a 27-17 victory.

10. Jim Kelly, Bills, Super Bowl XXVI
Buffalo's no-huddle offense produced the only Super Bowl with two of the worst performances. Kelly tossed up a whopping 58 passes, but completed just 28 for 275 yards. Even more damaging, he threw four picks and fumbled three times.

or maybe your talking about that great showing elway had in his 3rd of 5 superbowl appearances? i'll give you some time to figure it out.

Livinginthe past
11-29-2006, 02:22 PM
27-0

Hey HW,

Its ok, using my above average 'reading comprehension skills' I can see quite clearly that you wrote 'worst QB rating' in a SB.

I half expected someone with lesser 'reading comprehension skills' to try and pass off a subjective column written by someone on page 2 of ESPN as a viable rebuttal.

They might have even tried to pass off Tony Eason as having the worst SB 'QB rating' of all time - when its clear that Eason's rating of 39.59 is clearly superior to Bens record of 22.62.

Bens may not have been the worst in a SB, but it was certainly the worst on a winning team.

NM

Stillers#1
11-29-2006, 02:43 PM
:confused: did he break whose record? tony easons?

http://espn.go.com/page2/s/list/superbowl/worst.html

or maybe your talking about that great showing elway had in his 3rd of 5 superbowl appearances? i'll give you some time to figure it out.

WHHHAAAAAPPPPP!!!!!!!

tony hipchest
11-29-2006, 03:47 PM
Hey HW,

Its ok, using my above average 'reading comprehension skills' I can see quite clearly that you wrote 'worst QB rating' in a SB.

I half expected someone with lesser 'reading comprehension skills' to try and pass off a subjective column written by someone on page 2 of ESPN as a viable rebuttal.

They might have even tried to pass off Tony Eason as having the worst SB 'QB rating' of all time - when its clear that Eason's rating of 39.59 is clearly superior to Bens record of 22.62.

Bens may not have been the worst in a SB, but it was certainly the worst on a winning team.

NMHA! reading comprehension fails you again! OMG! follow along and i'll walk you through this slowly.

the subject was carson palmer. HW asked if ben broke his sb passer rating. PALMER HAS NEVER BEEN IN A SB! lmao @ u!

now on to your other fallacy... care to explain how you go 0-6 and get a 39.59 passer rating? maybe you are confusing team statistics with individual player statistics.:footinmou

you do know who steve grogan is dont you?

http://www.patriots.com/alumni/index.cfm?ac=alumnibiosdetail&bio=95

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Played in 149 games during his 16-year playing career from 1975 - 1990 ... he is the Patriots' all-time career passing leader with 3,593 attempts 1,879 completions, 26,886 yards and 182 touchdowns ... he also rushed for 2,164 yards (4.9 avg.) and 35 touchdowns during his career ... his 35 rushing touchdowns rank third in Patriots history ... he also ranks third in club history with 12 rushing touchdowns (1976) that mark remains the most by a quarterback in NFL history ... he holds the Patriots' single-game record with a 227.8 quarterback rating, which he achieved by completing 13 of 18 passes for 315 yards and five touchdowns and no interceptions (9/9/79 vs. NY Jets) ... despite playing quarterback, he was still revered as one of the hardest hitters and toughest player in Patriots history. seeing as how the pats official site skews individuals stats i can see how you could be confused. the highest achievable passer rating is something like 158.3.

New England Att. Comp. Yds. TD Int.
Grogan 30 17 177 1 2
Eason 6 0 0 0 0

grogan may have had a 39.59, or the pats as a team might have. but eason, who was the only qb to suck so bad he was yanked in a sb??? :toofunny: (now is where you say something about minimum attempts - lol)

Livinginthe past
11-29-2006, 04:01 PM
HA! reading comprehension fails you again! OMG! follow along and i'll walk you through this slowly.

the subject was carson palmer. HW asked if ben broke his sb passer rating. PALMER HAS NEVER BEEN IN A SB! lmao @ u!

27-0

Dont be silly Hipchest, he is clearly asking if Bens performance last week vs the Ravens (there's the 27-0 clue which a big giveaway for those who can comprehend) better his awful QB rating in the Superbowl.

Thats really rather simple - are you even being serious here?

now on to your other fallacy... care to explain how you go 0-6 and get a 39.59 passer rating? maybe you are confusing team statistics with individual player statistics.:footinmou

Making yourself look foolish twice in one post is pretty impressive, even for you, Tony.

For future reference you dont have to complete a single pass in order to have a QB rating, you must have read sports writers comparing a poor performance at QB to having a worse rating than if 'every pass clanged to the ground'

Here is a handy little tool for your perusal.

http://www.primecomputing.com/

Dont say I never teach you anything.

I know its painful, but just compare the embarrassment you are suffering now to what would happen if you opened your mouth and came out with that priceless '0/6 can't have a QB rating' comment in a public place like a bar or a friends house.

Hopefully you can see i've done you a favor here, in the long term.

NM

tony hipchest
11-29-2006, 04:38 PM
Dont be silly Hipchest, he is clearly asking did Bens performance last week vs the Ravens (there's the 27-0 clue which a big giveaway fore those who can comprehend) better his awful QB rating in the Superbowl.

Thats really rather simple - are you even being serious here?

then you should both re-read the title of the thread. the topic is carson. the topic of my posts that were replied to were carson.

For future reference you dont have to complete a single pass in order to have a QB rating, you must have read sports writers comparing a poor performance at QB to having a worse rating than if 'every pass clanged to the ground'

Here is a handy little tool for your perusal.

thats funny. it says grogans record setting game for a pat was a 153 rating. no wonder i cant trust your patriot sources.

Dont say I never teach you anything. :rolleyes

I know its painful, but just compare the embarrassment you are suffering now to what would happen if you opened your mouth and came out with that priceless '0/6 can't have a QB rating' comment in a public place like a bar or a friends house.

Hopefully you can see i've done you a favor here, in the long term.

me? embarrassed? :sofunny: by you? :toofunny: that only would happen if i was a pompus ass who thought i knew everything!

oh, and if i said that in a bar or friends house the crowd would erupt in laughter and agree that t. eason was the sorriest excuse for a ball player to ever step on a superbowl field. then some geek in the corner would say in a nerdy voice "uh guys, guys... eason actually has a 39 passer rating. he wasnt that bad" right before getting pushed down.

youve already managed to bring the subject of this thread out into the main forums so procede with the hijacking. make it 2 for 2 with rules violations pertaining to this thread alone.

Livinginthe past
11-29-2006, 04:56 PM
Ha ha.

I guess thats as close to an apology as we are likely to see.

Feel free to use that QB rating tool anytime you want.

Dont forget, I dont know everything, just more than you.

Oh and the Patriots 'source' that you quoted earlier was working from a different QB rating calculation method.

http://www.footballguys.com/qbrating.htm

I think you'll find that if you plug Grogans numbers into that calculator they'll give you a rating of 227.8

Thats ok, no need to thank me again.

NM

ps grogan may have had a 39.59, or the pats as a team might have.....

maybe you are confusing team statistics with individual players statistics...

QB rating is so named because it rates the QB, not the whole team - you see how that works?

The only reason I brought that back up is because you went back and edited a whole new paragraph onto the end of post #123.

SteelCityMan786
11-29-2006, 05:04 PM
Hey HW,

NM

Definantly, the Steelers found a way to win minus Big Ben. This year we're not doing what we have to do, and what do ya know? We're 4-7. But hey bad seasons are gonna happen. They're part of the game, and they're part of sports. There is always a light at the end of the tunnel. That is the NEXT SEASON.

tony hipchest
11-29-2006, 06:17 PM
Ha ha.

I guess thats as close to an apology as we are likely to see. youre not really expecting an apology for getting smacked in the blast furnace are you?

Feel free to use that QB rating tool anytime you want. cool. can i borrow your calculator watch and pocket protecter too? oh please, oh please?

Dont forget, I dont know everything, just more than you. that explains all the nonsensical embarrassment talk

Oh and the Patriots 'source' that you quoted earlier was working from a different QB rating calculation method. how convinient. its time for an update, dont you think? im sure its the same calculation method that leads patfans to think their 3 sb trophies are the shiniest ever.

I think you'll find that if you plug Grogans numbers into that calculator they'll give you a rating of 227.8

QB rating is so named because it rates the QB, not the whole team - you see how that works? quarterback / quarterbacks. see how that works? one is plural. if you add all qb's stats and plug them into the formula you get a team qb ranking. see how easy that is? pick up a copy of usa today's sports weekly. it will only set you back a buck .75. i would convert that to euros for you but i dont have the formula. anyways, along with all other updated player stats they are nice enough to compile a team qb rating along with TEAM receiving, rushing, y.p.c. etc. stats (charlie batches 5 quarters of action gives the steelers qb rating a nice boost.)

The only reason I brought that back up is because you went back and edited a whole new paragraph onto the end of post #123. are you sure thats the only reason? look into a teams qb passer rating. it is a nice indicator for teams such as the chiefs who have started multiple qb's

ben has 19 interceptions
batch has 0
the steelers as a WHOLE have 19 (see how that works?) nice reach! :thumbsup:

Livinginthe past
11-29-2006, 06:34 PM
ben has 19 interceptions
batch has 0
the steelers as a WHOLE have 19 (see how that works?) nice reach! :thumbsup:

Jeez what are you talking about?

Seriously, i'd just try and let this thread die if I were you, or maybe starting talking about eggs again - its obviously a specialist subject seeing as how well you've laid one after the other in the last 5 or 6 posts.

What team interceptions has to do with anything I have no idea, maybe you are just trying to obscure the fact that you dont know how QB ratings work.

You just broke one of your own rules by the way - this thread is supposed to be about Carson and not Charlie Batch.

Im fully expecting you to quote the part of this post where I say 'I have no idea' and then add your own 'witty' comment.

Time to move on Tony - there is no such thing as a quarterback(s) rating in the plural sense.
Im going to go ahead and use your finest contribution as my new signature.

now on to your other fallacy... care to explain how you go 0-6 and get a 39.59 passer rating?

NM

tony hipchest
11-29-2006, 06:44 PM
are you admitting you dont understand the concept of team qb ranking?

it exists.

so do you actually know how one goes a0-6 and get a 39 qb ranking?

Livinginthe past
11-29-2006, 06:49 PM
are you admitting you dont understand the concept of team qb ranking?

it exists.

so do you actually know how one goes a0-6 and get a 39 qb ranking?

Look at Tony grasping at straws.

You didnt even know you could get a QB rating with 0 passes completed, so dont try and educate me about 'team' QB ratings.

The 39 passer rating was for Eason only, not the team.

Jeez...how many more times......?

NM

tony hipchest
11-29-2006, 06:59 PM
Look at Tony grasping at straws.

NMwho you talkin to? your imaginary audience. youve already been educated and i didnt even have to try.

Livinginthe past
11-29-2006, 07:01 PM
Hey they say imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

Nice sig :wink02:

NM

tony hipchest
11-29-2006, 07:05 PM
Hey they say imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

Nice sig :wink02:

NM yeah i will wear it for a few days. but a sig or the pettiness really doesnt suit me. (actually i though about making this classic quote my sig before you defected from the junior seau thread). it wasnt untill just now that i decided to stoop to your level so we could atleast see eye to eye on something. i had more but admin said my sig was too big. :chuckle:

Livinginthe past
11-29-2006, 07:13 PM
yeah i will wear it for a few days. but a sig or the pettiness really doesnt suit me. (actually i though about making this classic quote my sig before you defected from the junior seau thread). it wasnt untill just now that i decided to stoop to your level so we could atleast see eye to eye on something. i had more but admin said my sig was too big. :chuckle:

Thats fine Tony - no need to explain yourself.

I find it extremely likely that you were thinking about quoting me in your sig prior to me doing it just now...no...really I do!

If there are too many maybe you can just rotate them.

Personally, I think you'll have to come out with something fairly special in order to beat the one I have right now - but you never know.

NM

tony hipchest
11-29-2006, 07:24 PM
Thats fine Tony - no need to explain yourself.

I find it extremely likely that you were thinking about quoting me in your sig prior to me doing it just now...no...really I do!

If there are too many maybe you can just rotate them.

Personally, I think you'll have to come out with something fairly special in order to beat the one I have right now - but you never know.

NM this is the carton palmer "egg" thread. you forgot to highlight beat. keep up. but i do feel a certain funk wearing you as a sig. my point is proven.

you sure like my carton palmer threads huh? just wait. theres more to come.

hardwork
11-29-2006, 07:56 PM
Ben's QB rating for 2006: .00000000000111102

The Steelers lose the Bus and it all goes down the drain. We lose player after player, year after year, and we're still in the hunt. Hard to believe Steeler fans are knocking any player or any team. But, that's what makes them so special, nothing between the ears.

tony hipchest
11-29-2006, 08:11 PM
Ben's QB rating for 2006: .00000000000111102

The Steelers lose the Bus and it all goes down the drain. We lose player after player, year after year, and we're still in the hunt. Hard to believe Steeler fans are knocking any player or any team. But, that's what makes them so special, nothing between the ears. and patfans only talk when their team is up. thats what makes them so special. nothing between the legs... or as we say in the carton "of eggs" palmer thread:

no huevos!!! :toofunny:

hardwork
11-29-2006, 08:23 PM
and patfans only talk when their team is up.

Duh!

Tankus_Maximus
11-29-2006, 10:40 PM
and patfans only talk when their team is up. thats what makes them so special. nothing between the legs... or as we say in the carton "of eggs" palmer thread:

no huevos!!! :toofunny:

they only talk when they're up...and they like to re-calibrate football statistics...just how in the hell does one get a QB rating of 222.7??? A perfect game for a QB is 158. something. Once again, Nigel's trying to bend reality to benefit the Pats.

Nice try there bloke, but don't you fret....we'll be here to point out your many flaws. :cheers:

hardwork
11-30-2006, 12:19 AM
they only talk when they're up...

As I said, not too much between the ears. Why would anyone go around talking when they can't back it up? Lol, man youse guys need to take a loooooong vacation. Those beatings you took from us scrambled what little grey matter you had left.

Livinginthe past
11-30-2006, 07:01 AM
they only talk when they're up...and they like to re-calibrate football statistics...just how in the hell does one get a QB rating of 222.7??? A perfect game for a QB is 158. something. Once again, Nigel's trying to bend reality to benefit the Pats.

Nice try there bloke, but don't you fret....we'll be here to point out your many flaws. :cheers:

So im wondering, how does Tankus read the bit about the QB rating of 227.8 and then not only manage to type it back in as 222.7, but then also totally miss the link where it was generated from.

If you're going to come flying in at the end of these things Tankus, at least try and get your facts straight.

So...for your benefit here is that link again (I wonder if you're suggesting that I designed this site myself just to win this argument?)

Oh and the Patriots 'source' that you quoted earlier was working from a different QB rating calculation method.

Oh, and the QB rating forumla that is used most times has a maximum of 158.3

NM

Tankus_Maximus
11-30-2006, 10:34 AM
ok..I can concede, ya got me on decimal points. Feel better now?

And, who said it was the "end of these things"? As long as you keep posting erronious Pat-rhetoric...as I stated earlier....I'll be here to point out your flaws.

As usual Nigel, it's been your pleasure.

Livinginthe past
11-30-2006, 11:03 AM
ok..I can concede, ya got me on decimal points. Feel better now?

And, who said it was the "end of these things"? As long as you keep posting erronious Pat-rhetoric...as I stated earlier....I'll be here to point out your flaws.

As usual Nigel, it's been your pleasure.

Erroneous Pat-rhetoric?

I dont think you really did find any did you, Tankus?

You questioned the 227.8 rating (actually you typed 222.7) and I showed you exactly where it came from and how it was calculated.

It appears you are drawn to a losing argument like a moth to a flame.

So maybe you'll be kind enough to point out the 'Pat-rhetoric' and we'll run through it again using baby-steps.

Hows that sound?

NM

tony hipchest
11-30-2006, 01:03 PM
bart scott will be in the bengals backfield like a fox in a hen house

tony hipchest
11-30-2006, 06:06 PM
houschmandzadeh- "i still feel were better than them"

he says he knows theyre better than the ravens and the ravens know it. he may be right. after all, the steelers are way better than the bungles and EVERYBODY knows it.

Tankus_Maximus
12-01-2006, 11:18 AM
Erroneous Pat-rhetoric?

I dont think you really did find any did you, Tankus?

You questioned the 227.8 rating (actually you typed 222.7) and I showed you exactly where it came from and how it was calculated.

It appears you are drawn to a losing argument like a moth to a flame.

So maybe you'll be kind enough to point out the 'Pat-rhetoric' and we'll run through it again using baby-steps.

Hows that sound?

NM

When you've gotta bring up some obscure QB rating system from the '80s, to justify a losing QB's rating, that's usually called "grasping at straws"...I believe you're familiar with the phrase, Nigel.

How's that taste in your mouth, bloke?

Livinginthe past
12-01-2006, 11:26 AM
When you've gotta bring up some obscure QB rating system from the '80s, to justify a losing QB's rating, that's usually called "grasping at straws"...I believe you're familiar with the phrase, Nigel.

How's that taste in your mouth, bloke?

I wasn't attempting to 'justify' anything.

You sound confused again.

I referenced a relatively 'obscure' QB rating system to show how Grogan gained a passer rating of 227.8 (13/18 315yds 5TD/ 0 Int).

The rating system I used to demonstrate the passer rating of a 'losing QB' was in fact the very same calculation method that is used during every game this year.

Do you skim read?

You don't actually appear to commit anything you read to memory.

NM

tony hipchest
12-01-2006, 11:37 AM
You don't actually appear to commit anything you read to memory.

NM :sofunny: pot meet kettle

CantStop85
12-01-2006, 11:39 AM
houschmandzadeh- "i still feel were better than them"

he says he knows theyre better than the ravens and the ravens know it. he may be right. after all, the steelers are way better than the bungles and EVERYBODY knows it.
Keep these threads coming, tony, they seem to be helping. :cheers:

tony hipchest
12-01-2006, 12:16 PM
Keep these threads coming, tony, they seem to be helping. :cheers:theyre funny too. i have a feeling the "shipping" carton will get raided in the next week or so.

im just bummed milk carton palmer dont play the packers this year. :chuckle:

Tankus_Maximus
12-02-2006, 05:19 PM
:sofunny: pot meet kettle

or in Nigel's case...foot meet mouth. foot meet keyboard..whuteva...lol

Tankus_Maximus
12-02-2006, 06:24 PM
I wasn't attempting to 'justify' anything.

You sound confused again.

I referenced a relatively 'obscure' QB rating system to show how Grogan gained a passer rating of 227.8 (13/18 315yds 5TD/ 0 Int).

The rating system I used to demonstrate the passer rating of a 'losing QB' was in fact the very same calculation method that is used during every game this year.

Do you skim read?

You don't actually appear to commit anything you read to memory.NM

Watch yourself Nigel. If I were a lesser man, or a Euro...I'd consider this a personal attack, and alert the Mods. WE wouldn't want that, now would WE?

Livinginthe past
12-03-2006, 01:41 AM
Watch yourself Nigel. If I were a lesser man, or a Euro...I'd consider this a personal attack, and alert the Mods. WE wouldn't want that, now would WE?

A Euro eh?

I think you are confusing me with a form of currency we use on this continent.

Still, easily done im sure.

Seriously, you are the only person I have ever known who considers a persons continent of habitat to be a sound basis for smack - im guessing your knowledge of this vast collection of land masses (and its people) comes mainly from Chevy Chase films?

Ha ha.

So anyway, im wondering why poor Tankus has such an issue with a whole continent and I search his 'tag' for a clue - and up pops a myspace account for Tankus Maximus

Is this you big guy?

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=5505073

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h218/n_mckeown/tankus.jpg

NM

Tankus_Maximus
12-03-2006, 10:17 AM
Oh my! I do declare! That reeks of a "personal attack"!!

Should I do the Euro-thing, and cry to the mods?? Lord knows, Nigel's been known to hide behind mama's skirt & have infractions dished out for faaaaar less than this!!

I know repetition breeds familiarity, so I'll humor you Nigel...when I use "Euro"..it's just a generalization. We're all familiar with your tired old line about generalizations and such. But it, much like you, humors me.

And in regards to that pic....wow. You really ought to keep your pics from your last rave to yourself. But since you mentioned searches... I looked up Livinginthepast under meaganslaw.com, and came up with some veeeery interesting discoveries. I'd be living over seas if I were you too! :wink02:

Pip-pip & Cheerio to you bloke!

Ya' bloody wanker!:wave:

Livinginthe past
12-03-2006, 10:38 AM
Oh my! I do declare! That reeks of a "personal attack"!!

Should I do the Euro-thing, and cry to the mods?? Lord knows, Nigel's been known to hide behind mama's skirt & have infractions dished out for faaaaar less than this!!

I know repetition breeds familiarity, so I'll humor you Nigel...when I use "Euro"..it's just a generalization. We're all familiar with your tired old line about generalizations and such. But it, much like you, humors me.

And in regards to that pic....wow. You really ought to keep your pics from your last rave to yourself. But since you mentioned searches... I looked up Livinginthepast under meaganslaw.com, and came up with some veeeery interesting discoveries. I'd be living over seas if I were you too! :wink02:

Pip-pip & Cheerio to you bloke!

Ya' bloody wanker!:wave:

So is that a yes then?

I mean, the guy does call himself Tankus Maximus, and is from California - and he does sorta look like how I imagine you.

Im afraid you are going to struggle to make the 'generalisation' label stick - im going to have to ask you to show me where I have ever given any indication that I make generalisations (I know you wont be able to, you're just full of hot air as usual)

Still, even if I was the type of guy to make 'generalisations', it wouldn't mean that you would have to lower yourself to that level aswell would it?

Do you always copy-cat what you see, Tankus?

Calling someone a 'Euro' when it encompasses countries as diverse as Italy, Poland and the UK just makes you seem ignorant, which isn't a personal attack - just a simple observation.

You want to be specific about infractions I have had dished out for 'far less than this' in the Blast Furnace?

Again, I doubt you can - I could fly a balloon to the south pole on the amount of hot air you generate in a single post.

You have a great day too, slim. (Love the myspace)

NM

Tankus_Maximus
12-03-2006, 01:50 PM
Hey bro...as badly as you want me to be, I'm just not gonna be your "bear", or whatever it is you "guys" call it in your community.

What you might call a "copy-cat", I chose to see as "one good turn, deserves another".

Congratulations Nigel, you never fail to deliver another typically long-winded, substance-lacking, Euro-post, from our favorite Euro-wanker. But I must admit, it is fun to make minced-meat out of your lame attempts at humor. And judging from the tons of reputation I've received, the masses LOVE the Euro-slaps. So I'll consider this my civic duty, in giving the masses what they want.

And Chevy Chase hasn't been funny since Saturday Night Live. I see you working though Euro. Nice try.

It's rather heart-breaking to think that the same country that gave us Sid Vicious & Black Sabbath, managed to squirt you out of it's crack. Aw well, I guess they can't all be winners.

Pip-pip bloke!

SteelCityMan786
12-03-2006, 01:55 PM
Ok LITP and Tankus, keep it up, and I throw out infractions for both of you. LOL.

CantStop85
12-03-2006, 06:15 PM
And judging from the tons of reputation I've received, the masses LOVE the Euro-slaps.
I didn't know they still gave out negative rep...

Oh and nice myspace.

Tankus_Maximus
12-03-2006, 06:25 PM
I didn't know they still gave out negative rep...

Oh and nice myspace.

Hmmm...an underage kid comes to the defense. After the meaganslaw comment. Hmm..something is definitely rotten in Denmark.

Figures you'd believe that to be MY myspace account. If you believe that's my account, then I got a bridge I wanna sell you. :wink02:

Nice try kid. Although...whatever happened with that pic of you as your avatar?

tony hipchest
12-03-2006, 06:35 PM
Hmmm...an underage kid comes to the defense. After the meaganslaw comment. Hmm..something is definitely rotten in Denmark.

Figures you'd believe that to be MY myspace account. If you believe that's my account, then I got a bridge I wanna sell you. :wink02:

Nice try kid. Although...whatever happened with that pic of you as your avatar?

you mean the muscle man pic? lol.

BengalBrian
12-03-2006, 09:32 PM

bengals 0
ravens 27

Good call Tony Shitfest

I see you are still showing off your incredible knowledge of the NFL...

Well done..

tony hipchest
12-03-2006, 09:53 PM
lol. look whos out on furlough. its brian "chicken shit" peppers!

tony hipchest
12-03-2006, 09:57 PM
Good call Tony Shitfest

I see you are still showing off your incredible knowledge of the NFL...

Well done..if you were smart, you wouldve pointed out the irony of the ravens beating the steelers 27-0. but youre not smart. :dang:

Livinginthe past
12-04-2006, 01:46 AM
Hey bro...as badly as you want me to be, I'm just not gonna be your "bear", or whatever it is you "guys" call it in your community.

What you might call a "copy-cat", I chose to see as "one good turn, deserves another".

Congratulations Nigel, you never fail to deliver another typically long-winded, substance-lacking, Euro-post, from our favorite Euro-wanker. But I must admit, it is fun to make minced-meat out of your lame attempts at humor. And judging from the tons of reputation I've received, the masses LOVE the Euro-slaps. So I'll consider this my civic duty, in giving the masses what they want.

And Chevy Chase hasn't been funny since Saturday Night Live. I see you working though Euro. Nice try.

It's rather heart-breaking to think that the same country that gave us Sid Vicious & Black Sabbath, managed to squirt you out of it's crack. Aw well, I guess they can't all be winners.

Pip-pip bloke!

Long winded?

Did our memory fail us half way through a post again eh, Tampaximus?

Its a real pain when ya have to keep starting from the beginning over..and over.,..and..well, you get the idea.

You know how I said your knowledge of europe came from a Chevy Chase film, and then you went and pointed out how he hasn't been funny in a long while...well...i'll let you join those particular dots together.

It amazing to see how badly you have reacted to me posting a link to your myspace account - after all, youre on there to meet people right?

Guys like you need social interaction too, I know it, and I congratulate you finally confronting that cruel, cruel world head on.

Thanks for helping out with the homosexual terminology,im guessing you had to spend quite some time looking that stuff up right.....riiiiiighhhht?

Ha ha.

Anyways, I look forward to your next euro-packed dumb fest of a post - I have a feeling it'll be a real cracker.

Yeah..a real cracker.

NM

Tankus_Maximus
12-04-2006, 05:34 PM
Long winded?

Did our memory fail us half way through a post again eh, Tampaximus?

Its a real pain when ya have to keep starting from the beginning over..and over.,..and..well, you get the idea.

You know how I said your knowledge of europe came from a Chevy Chase film, and then you went and pointed out how he hasn't been funny in a long while...well...i'll let you join those particular dots together.

It amazing to see how badly you have reacted to me posting a link to your myspace account - after all, youre on there to meet people right?

Guys like you need social interaction too, I know it, and I congratulate you finally confronting that cruel, cruel world head on.

Thanks for helping out with the homosexual terminology,im guessing you had to spend quite some time looking that stuff up right.....riiiiiighhhht?

Ha ha.

Anyways, I look forward to your next euro-packed dumb fest of a post - I have a feeling it'll be a real cracker.

Yeah..a real cracker.

NM

:blah: or

:yawn:

keep tryin Euro, you're almost gettin there. :wink02:

BengalBrian
12-17-2006, 09:41 AM
if you were smart, you wouldve pointed out the irony of the ravens beating the steelers 27-0. but youre not smart. :dang:

Again.. Good call on the game.. Where does your pickem total stand right now? Like 25 or so?

tony hipchest
12-17-2006, 10:27 PM
ok everybody. should i give bengalbrain a clue? or let him keep acting retarded for our own amusement?

BengalBrian
12-18-2006, 12:46 AM
ok everybody. should i give bengalbrain a clue? or let him keep acting retarded for our own amusement?

As if you have any effect whatsoever on me.. You are like a joker.. Brief entertainment for me..

tony hipchest
12-18-2006, 01:08 AM
As if you have any effect whatsoever on me.. You are like a joker.. Brief entertainment for me..

oh no! not the "i know you are, so what am i?" comeback!!!

good one, brain :rolleyes:

:sofunny:

here you go dingo. :cookie: a scoobie snack. let me know what effect that has on you.

"as if..." LMAO! :rofl:

BengalBrian
12-18-2006, 01:35 AM
oh no! not the "i know you are, so what am i?" comeback!!!

good one, brain :rolleyes:

:sofunny:

here you go dingo. :cookie: a scoobie snack. let me know what effect that has on you.

"as if..." LMAO! :rofl:

Oh no.. Not a I know you are but what am I post to my I know you are but what am I post?!

How's it feel to be hated by your own kind even?

MACH1
12-18-2006, 12:07 PM
Oh no.. Not a I know you are but what am I post to my I know you are but what am I post?!

How's it feel to be hated by your own kind even?

How does it feel being a loser year after year. :dang:
And knowing you will never win a SB.:thumbsup:

Tankus_Maximus
12-18-2006, 11:01 PM

Only pre-pubescent teeny-bopper adolescent girls use "as if".

Is BengalBrian...really BengalBrenda?

fansince'76
12-18-2006, 11:56 PM

We probably won't find out for sure because the chump probably isn't coming back.

tony hipchest
12-19-2006, 12:01 AM
We probably won't find out for sure because the chump probably isn't coming back.he might be back in the off season with another "rudi johnson is the best rb in the afcn" video. :sofunny:

HometownGal
12-19-2006, 12:10 AM
Peek a boo, Brian - I see you. :flap:

http://www.fotosearch.com/comp/BDX/BDX119/bxp27209.jpg

floodcitygirl
12-19-2006, 09:18 AM
Peek a boo, Brian - I see you. :flap:

http://www.fotosearch.com/comp/BDX/BDX119/bxp27209.jpgLOL :egg:

Big D
12-19-2006, 09:24 AM
yes i dont expect we will see any bengal fans in this forum up until probably bunghole week.

MACH1
12-19-2006, 11:43 AM
WHHAAA WHHAAA sniff sniff but were still the better team , said the bungholes

BengalBrian
12-21-2006, 11:00 PM

Wow... You have smacked me into next week with that creative blast

lamberts-lost-tooth
12-23-2006, 11:15 AM
Oh no.. Not a I know you are but what am I post.. to my I know you are but what am I post?!

"I voted for that before I didnt vote for that"........question for the mods...can one be given an infraction if one is so dense, light bends around him.

SteelCityMan786
12-23-2006, 11:55 AM
"I voted for that before I didnt vote for that"........question for the mods...can one be given an infraction if one is so dense, light bends around him.

Depends on what the form of infraction you are talking about is.

Livinginthe past
12-23-2006, 12:18 PM
Look guys, im not a massive fan of dishing out multiple infractions before making an attempt to discuss the situation at hand.

There are a number of parties guilty of personal attacks in this thread.

I am aware that personal attacks can be a gray area and that there are different levels and examples of it.

For example calling someone delusional because they are a total homer is one thing but calling someone Schizo or stupid is way out of line.

You may think your personal attack isn't so bad, but it opens a pandora's box until we start getting very unsavory stuff thrown at each other - I know, ive been on both ends of that set up.

Everyone loves a good 'Bungles suck' thread, but lets leave it short of making it so personal.

Im not going to hand out infractions for stuff that has happened up to this point - but its a heads up that this stuff wont be tolerated from now on.

Remember that all threads are a reflection on this site - not just the ones outside the Blast Furnace - the rules apply in here aswell - see link below

http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=354

Lets keep the BF for what it was intended - laying smack on the Steelers opponents (and maybe getting a little back :wink02: )

Thanks for your time .

NM

SteelCityMan786
12-23-2006, 12:20 PM
Well Said LITP. I'm sick of seeing this as well. Treat LITP's Post as your warning. Infractions and Bans are gonna be handed out with ANY OTHER FLAME AFTER THIS POST!

Tankus_Maximus
12-24-2006, 05:56 PM
Wow... You have smacked me into next week with that creative blast

All too easy....

tony hipchest
11-07-2007, 07:36 PM

bengals 0
ravens 27
lol

*BUMP*

same prediction, same score. ravens will be pissed and more than happy to take their humiliation out on HOF chad, and golden arm palmer, after all they are the team who robbed them of a win in week 1 and sent them into a tailspin.

good luck bungles. not for the win per se, but the ravens defense is gonna be looking at the bungles wr's like pu$$ie versions of hines ward. you already shot your wad in the 1st game against them. be sure to save a few drops of manhood in youre sack for when you come to pittsburgh. youre gonna need it.

revefsreleets
11-07-2007, 07:47 PM
The only problem is that the Ravens may still be missing their CB's.