PDA

View Full Version : Great Willie Parker interview on SIRIUS

tony hipchest
11-15-2006, 11:39 AM
when asked how soon he knew how close he came to beating the steelers rushing record, he said cowher came up to him and told him immediately. his response was "thats alright coach. i'll just go out and get it next week."

when asked about his comments about the team lacking hunger and how his teammates rected towards it, he said how they understood how he was feeling and how he was upset and angry when he was asked to comment to the press. his team mates counciled him to cool down a bit and think things through a little better before he speaks to the media. he said this was something he would do in the future. regardless, he said all his teammates backed him 100% wether they agreed or not. they understood he wasnt singling out anyone in particular but talking about the teams mindset as a whole, including himself.

he feigned away when they were asking him if he became a leader who helped get the win. he said the leaders were the guys who got up to give the pep speech the day before the game. hines, ben, joey, aaron. all day sunday when he was on the field he said he was thinking how joey promised a win, and he had to go out there and get the win for joey and to have his teammates back. he didnt want to let him down. = career day.

klick81
11-15-2006, 12:04 PM
Just awesome.

DACEB
11-15-2006, 12:15 PM
I love Willie and he is the perfect example of a real Steeler, never got much attention in college worked hard to achieve and is a TEAM player. Who still doubts him?!?

He will only get better!! Keep pounding that rock Willie!!

memphissteelergirl
11-15-2006, 12:36 PM
Willie Rocks!! :jammin:

Buzz05
11-15-2006, 12:51 PM
My respect for this kid just keeps going up everytime he says something or does something. True class act all the way.

tony hipchest
11-15-2006, 12:54 PM
"thats alright coach. i'll just go out and get it next week."

this quote is priceless. i wonder what shaun alexander wouldve said?

SteelerFanInCA
11-15-2006, 12:54 PM
Willie is the man. He definitely has the right attitude and work ethic.

Infamix
11-15-2006, 02:02 PM
There's not enough good you can say about Fast Willie, he's a true Steeler.

SteelCzar76
11-16-2006, 02:08 AM
when asked how soon he knew how close he came to beating the steelers rushing record, he said cowher came up to him and told him immediately. his response was "thats alright coach. i'll just go out and get it next week."

"Nuff said".

"Hail Caesar,........HAIL THE BLACK AND GOLD"

SteelersMongol
11-17-2006, 12:17 AM
THAT'S JUST THE BUS SCHOOLED! HE'S THE BUS'S KID! GOTTA LOVE HIM.

83-Steelers-43
11-17-2006, 07:04 AM
Figured I would throw this in here.....

Ed Bouchette's Daily Question
Friday, November 17, 2006

Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Question: Mr. Bouchette -- A bright spot in an otherwise dismal title defense has been the exceptional play of Willie Parker. I've heard a lot of style comparisons to Barry Sanders, but I think he's more like Emmitt Smith--way more North-South. What do you think? - Bill Agnew, Denver, Colo.

BOUCHETTE: He's nothing like Emmitt Smith, who was a disciplined runner taking advantage of one of the great offensive lines in history. Parker, much faster than Smith, said Barry Sanders was a runner he grew up admiring. He had a little of that in him, but the Steelers and Jerome Bettis stressed to him that reversing field and doing all the improvisational stuff Sanders did so well neither fit him nor their style of offense. Sanders was unique, and so is Parker. He seems to have the kind of running style that can hit between the tackles or bounce it outside. I'd compare him more to Tiki Barber than anyone.

83-Steelers-43
11-17-2006, 07:08 AM
Thankfully the Steelers broke Willie out of that Amos Zereoue funk.

tony hipchest
11-17-2006, 10:06 AM
i like the comparrison to tiki and think thats quite a compliment. (currently tiki leads the league in rushing. willie is fourth, trailing only him, LT, and LJ) while i dont think he will make it, the discussion has already begun whether tiki will be nominated for the hall of fame in 5 years.

heres tikis career stats through his 1st 9 years. it must be mentionned hes averaged 500 yds per year receiving and had 12 td receptions)

yds tds
511 3
166 0
258 0
1006 8
865 4
1387 11
1216 2
1518 13
1816 9

barring injury willie could very well be on pace to put up a similar career. tiki really didnt get going till his 5th year, and has only started every game 3 times including this year.

willie is a little bigger and a tad faster. for those still looking for jerome vol. II, just sit back and enjoy the ride. we have our back of the future.