View Full Version : How To Rid Yourself of Telemarketers

HometownGal
11-15-2006, 06:10 PM
This is an actual conversation, not a joke - enjoy! :toofunny: :toofunny:

http://howtoprankatelemarketer.ytmnd.com/

3 to be 4
11-15-2006, 08:51 PM
wow, thats awesome!

i have my own way of getting telemarketers. I put my kids on the phone with them. Believe me, after my 7 year old is through with them they'll never call again

polamalufan43
11-15-2006, 09:35 PM
Yeah, I have my own way that my friend told me.
1. Scream "Yo no hablo ingles" and hang up. (It means "I don't speak English" in Spanish)
2. Pick up phone, hit on button, then hang up.
3. Or, scream a few interesting words in different languages and have yourself a good laugh.

I've tried the first one before and the telemarketers have never called back.... heh heh

~Polamalufan43:tt02:

jaysta
11-15-2006, 10:27 PM
This is an actual conversation, not a joke - enjoy! :toofunny: :toofunny:

http://howtoprankatelemarketer.ytmnd.com/

Thanks HTG! This totally cracks me up. :sofunny:

83-Steelers-43
10-31-2007, 11:58 AM
1. Scream "Yo no hablo ingles" and hang up. (It means "I don't speak English" in Spanish)
2. Pick up phone, hit on button, then hang up.
3. Or, scream a few interesting words in different languages and have yourself a good laugh.

I've tried the first one before and the telemarketers have never called back.... heh heh

This also tends to work......

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=3a6_1193794532

rbryan
10-31-2007, 12:08 PM
www.donotcall.gov

If you really want them to stop register your number at the above website and the telemarketers will be fined for calling you.

fansince'76
10-31-2007, 12:11 PM
www.donotcall.gov

If you really want them to stop register your number at the above website and the telemarketers will be fined for calling you.

I can vouch for this - I was getting between 8-10 calls from telemarketers on a nightly basis until I registered on the do-not-call list. I get almost no solicitor phone calls now.

HometownGal
10-31-2007, 12:41 PM
This also tends to work......

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=3a6_1193794532

OMFG - :toofunny::toofunny::rofl: Guess that telemarketer had to get off the phone to take off his shit stained boxers. :thumbsup:

TroysBadDawg
10-31-2007, 05:47 PM
I used to have a way until the local police didn't think it was funny.

One would call, and I would talk to them listening politely for about 15 or 20 seconds to make sure they were trying to sell me something. Then ask then to hold on someone was at the door. Grab my blank gun, open a closet door and yell "No I don't want any of your damed stuff and fire the blank gun twice." Then again yell "Junior, get this body out to the pigs."
Somehow the caller was never there when I picked up the phone back up.

That was before there was even a junior, and I lived in the city.

Godfather
10-31-2007, 10:48 PM

I've done that a couple of times. I answer the phone "Como?" (literally means how, but used for "what?" when you don't understand something as well as for answering the phone in some |Spanish speaking countries). Then when they start their sales pitch I did the no hablo ingles but. The telemarketer said "Oh, no ingles, I'm sorry" and hung up.

I've also let my 2 year old niece answer the phone. I figure if it's anyone I legitimately want to talk to, they know I have a two year old niece so they'll ask for Uncle Matt (or Daddy or Mommy, who would give the phone to me once they figured it out).

Steelman16
10-31-2007, 11:46 PM
My favorite is the following: (my Dad first started the tradition)

When the telemarketer calls, pick up phone and say in your best Japanese/Chinese/Aztec voice, "Hello?" (Blah, blah, blah) "Ah, Master no here right now. Master call you back, he call you back soon, 'kay?"

Works most times. :flap:

Polamalu Princess
11-01-2007, 08:31 PM
I have seen this before and I love it every single time!!!!!! Thanks for the laughs.

verks36
11-01-2007, 08:52 PM
wow lol it took a long time to load but it was worth it sooo funny

you all know mr mabe was a flaming homosexual