PDA

View Full Version : Emmitt Smith Again A Champion

HometownGal
11-15-2006, 09:06 PM
I know you guys think ballroom and Latin dancing is for wimps, but I have to hand it to Emmitt Smith - he was just awesome in this season's Dancing With the Stars. Tonight, Emmitt and his partner, Cheryl Burke, were crowed this year's champs!

Congrats Twinkle Toes - what a class act you were on the field and what a terrific dancer you are on that ballroom floor! You can move it and shake it better than men half your age! :banana:

For the guys out there who have never had the pleasure of seeing Pat Smith, Emmitt's wife, I found a picture of her below - she is absolutely gorgeous! :thumbsup:

http://www.thanksforthemusic.com/events/images2005/fn040517.jpg

tony hipchest
11-15-2006, 09:46 PM
i saw her on tv tonight and shes smoking hot as was emmits dance partner. PTI showed him slapping her in the butt. sizzle.

Mamaduck43
11-15-2006, 11:30 PM
Dang....... I have been avoiding the news channels and the other message boards that I go to trying to avoid seeing the results of this show.... I figured that I was safe here........

The show doesn't air for another half hour, which means that it will be close to an hour and a half before the results are announced....

Please think about those of us who are 2 hours behind California in time and if you are going to post something, don't broadcast it in the topic line and mark it with "Spoiler".....

I saw a couple of spoiler threads in other places, and was still tempted to peek in, but I had been holding back.....

Same goes for some of the other reality shows......

I am not angry - - I was pretty close to peeking, but couldn't avoid seeing your post.....

Pat

Mamaduck43
11-16-2006, 01:19 AM
The show was awesome, and I was so pleased that Emmitt Smith won..... It is the first time in my entire life that I have rooted for a Dallas Cowboy!!!!!!!!

He did a fantastic job, and has some pretty good moves..... Wow!!!!

PirateSteeler
11-16-2006, 02:01 AM
Emmit sure looked sexy.

HometownGal
11-16-2006, 07:04 AM
Dang....... I have been avoiding the news channels and the other message boards that I go to trying to avoid seeing the results of this show.... I figured that I was safe here........

The show doesn't air for another half hour, which means that it will be close to an hour and a half before the results are announced....

Please think about those of us who are 2 hours behind California in time and if you are going to post something, don't broadcast it in the topic line and mark it with "Spoiler".....

I saw a couple of spoiler threads in other places, and was still tempted to peek in, but I had been holding back.....

Same goes for some of the other reality shows......

I am not angry - - I was pretty close to peeking, but couldn't avoid seeing your post.....

Pat

My apologies - I didn't consider time differences when I posted the thread. It was an honest mistake. I was just so excited that Emmitt won, as I've followed the show from Week #1 and have been pulling for him all the way. For such a big man, he can shake that bootie damned good - LOL!

lamberts-lost-tooth
11-16-2006, 07:09 AM
i saw her on tv tonight and shes smoking hot as was emmits dance partner. PTI showed him slapping her in the butt. sizzle.

After Sara Evans left...my "sizzle" for the show..."fizzled".....I have a very unhealthy crush on that lady!!!!

(The folks at work laugh because they say she looks like my wife....I think it just makes me "consistant")

HometownGal
11-16-2006, 07:39 AM
After Sara Evans left...my "sizzle" for the show..."fizzled".....I have a very unhealthy crush on that lady!!!!

(The folks at work laugh because they say she looks like my wife....I think it just makes me "consistant")

She was there and danced with her partner and some of the other couples last night, LLT. She had her cowgirl outfit on and looked adorable! I'm sure your wife is just as beautiful! :smile:

Infamix
11-16-2006, 09:27 AM
I know there's a time difference, but don't the shows play simaltaneously, just at different times? Like 3 on the west coast, 6 on the east coast, but the shows play simaltaneously?

HometownGal
11-16-2006, 09:52 AM
Emmit sure looked sexy.

Yes.....he certainly did. :wink02:

floodcitygirl
11-16-2006, 10:20 AM
Emmit sure looked sexy.I didn't regularly watch that show, but I did tune in last night. I agree with you but I have to say that Mario did not look shabby...Whew! (lol)

lamberts-lost-tooth
11-16-2006, 10:31 AM
She was there and danced with her partner and some of the other couples last night, LLT. She had her cowgirl outfit on and looked adorable! I'm sure your wife is just as beautiful! :smile:

Too pretty for an ugly dolt like me....I chased her till she caught me.

Mamaduck43
11-16-2006, 10:48 AM
I know there's a time difference, but don't the shows play simaltaneously, just at different times? Like 3 on the west coast, 6 on the east coast, but the shows play simaltaneously?

Nope - - - - We now get most athletic events live - - - - we get a double dip on Monday night football - - the game is on live in the afternoon, then reaired in the evening.... Sunday night football happens at around 2 PM our time....

In the winter, we are 2 hours behind California - - 5 hours behind Pittsburgh.... In the summer that goes to 3 and 6......

TV shows that are aired at, say, 8 PM EST/7 PM CST, are taped and shown later in MST and PST...... In Hawaii, we get the earlier (CST) time slot, but it would air at 7 PM local time.... That would be 9 PM in California and midnight in Pittsburgh!!!!!

I guess it is better than it used to be..... Before satellite feeds, we used to have a week's delay in shows - - - even sports...... When they went to same day broadcasting, a whole source of $$$ disappeared for unscrupulous betters..... They used to bilk folks who were unaware of the delay into betting on the game that was being aired....

It does get frustrating when trying to follow a show like Amazing Race or Survivor - - I know that people are anxious to post about it, but it would be great if the results were not in the thread title - - perhaps the name of the show with "Spoiler" in the title so we could avoid the thread until after the program happens here......

It kind of reminds me of my Mother in law..... No matter where we were living, she would call us at Midnight Pittsburgh time to wish us a Happy New Year and always was surprised to find that it wasn't midnight where we were......... Didn't matter that we were sometimes 10 hours away (in England) or 5 hours away (in Hawaii)..... When it was New Years in Pittsburgh, it was New Years everywhere!!!!! Not that that is a bad thing!!!!!

Livinginthe past
11-16-2006, 10:52 AM

C'mon LLT,

Looks aren't everything - sure girls may swoon over the flawless yet rugged complexions of Brad Pitt and David Hasselhoff - but its a sense of humor and a kindly nature that'll keep a girl coming back for more - that, and a willingness to wear them down with phonecalls and flowers over an extended period of time.

NM

HometownGal
11-16-2006, 10:59 AM

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and I value the inner beauty of a person more than the window dressing and in this case, there's not a chance in hell that you're anything other than "beautiful". :thumbsup: :wink02:

Here's a little treat for you, LLT - this is Sara's "country girl look" that she exhibited in Week #3 and again last night.

Flood - Mario is definitely a looker and one helluva dancer, but he took some dancing lessons when he was younger and that kind of turned me off of wanting him to win. Plus - his partner was way too snobby (though an excellent dancer and very pretty) and had a sour puss "sore loser" look on her face last night when Emmitt and Cheryl were declared the winners. I've already decided that dance lessons are next on my agenda of to-do's - I want to learn the paso doble, the jive and the samba most of all - LOL!

http://a.abc.com/primetime/dancing/images/gallery/303/evans_02_240x360.jpg

HometownGal
11-16-2006, 11:01 AM
C'mon LLT,

Looks aren't everything - sure girls may swoon over the flawless yet rugged complexions of Brad Pitt and David Hasselhoff - but its a sense of humor and a kindly nature that'll keep a girl coming back for more - that, and a willingness to wear them down with phonecalls and flowers over an extended period of time.

NM

Absolutely!!! :thumbsup: But DON'T - under any circumstances - forget the chocolates!!! :wink02:

tony hipchest
11-16-2006, 11:18 AM

OUCH! *sizzle*

:yeehaw:

HometownGal
11-16-2006, 11:51 AM
Just 4U flood -

http://a.abc.com/primetime/dancing/images/gallery/310/lopez_17_240x360.jpg

http://a.abc.com/primetime/dancing/images/gallery/309/lopez_02_360x240.jpg

Emmitt and Cheryl - -

http://a.abc.com/primetime/dancing/images/bgalt_vote_finale.jpg

floodcitygirl
11-16-2006, 11:57 AM
I'll just say thanks, HTG...and leave it at that. :grin:

lamberts-lost-tooth
11-16-2006, 12:24 PM
Here's a little treat for you, LLT - this is Sara's "country girl look" that she exhibited in Week #3 and again last night.

:thud:

sumo
11-16-2006, 12:55 PM
I know you guys think ballroom and Latin dancing is for wimps, but I have to hand it to Emmitt Smith - he was just awesome in this season's Dancing With the Stars. Tonight, Emmitt and his partner, Cheryl Burke, were crowed this year's champs!

Congrats Twinkle Toes - what a class act you were on the field and what a terrific dancer you are on that ballroom floor! You can move it and shake it better than men half your age! :banana:

For the guys out there who have never had the pleasure of seeing Pat Smith, Emmitt's wife, I found a picture of her below - she is absolutely gorgeous! :thumbsup:

http://www.thanksforthemusic.com/events/images2005/fn040517.jpg

You know what's funny about this - they interviewed Emmit afterwards (I didn't see it -but I heard him say it on ESPN radio) - he thinks this win was just as big as the SB or making it to the Hall of Fame - can you imagine the torture he would get for saying this if he was still on a team? - He wouldn't be able to get anywhere near the locker room

PisnNapalm
11-16-2006, 01:06 PM
I feel a strong urge to vomit. If a Steeler ever appeared on that show I think I'd have to off myself.

sumo
11-16-2006, 01:11 PM
Does anybody here think Emmit Smith looks like Homer Simpson?

tony hipchest
11-16-2006, 01:15 PM
Does anybody here think Emmit Smith looks like Homer Simpson?
(8m -doh! (actually, yes)

HometownGal
11-16-2006, 01:15 PM
My friend called me a little while ago and told me that she heard on KDKA radio this morning that the show plans on bringing in yet another NFL star for Season 4 and a couple of the Steelers are being looked at. No names were put out there. Personally, I think James Farrior would be a great dancer - he is so smooth and has charisma. I also think Troy would do well on that show - same reasons as Farrior. :thumbsup: They would have to wait until retirement, I would imagine, as the show runs during football season.

HometownGal
11-16-2006, 01:19 PM
You know what's funny about this - they interviewed Emmit afterwards (I didn't see it -but I heard him say it on ESPN radio) - he thinks this win was just as big as the SB or making it to the Hall of Fame - can you imagine the torture he would get for saying this if he was still on a team? - He wouldn't be able to get anywhere near the locker room

Dancing is still competitive, sumo, and Emmitt is a competitive kind of guy. They work their asses off and have to learn anywhere between 1-3 new dances every single week - it's not as easy at it might appear. Last night, Troy Aikman and Roger Staubach did clips before the winner was announced and they both were fully supporting Emmitt and quite proud of him for making it to the finals.

sumo
11-16-2006, 01:30 PM
Dancing is still competitive, sumo, and Emmitt is a competitive kind of guy. They work their asses off and have to learn anywhere between 1-3 new dances every single week - it's not as easy at it might appear. Last night, Troy Aikman and Roger Staubach did clips before the winner was announced and they both were fully supporting Emmitt and quite proud of him for making it to the finals.

I don't doubt what you're saying for a second - I'm not belittling what he did - no way-no how I could do it - but just as satisfying as a SB win? - HOF? ...oh and he has a smokin hot wife too

HometownGal
11-16-2006, 02:08 PM
I don't doubt what you're saying for a second - I'm not belittling what he did - no way-no how I could do it - but just as satisfying as a SB win? - HOF? ...oh and he has a smokin hot wife too

I look at what Emmitt said as him achieving something he thought he never could, but ultimately did. I'm sure in his younger playing days, though he more than likely dreamed of being on a SB team and getting into the HOF, until he actually accomplished those things, they were just that....dreams. Now that he has accomplished those goals, he set his sights on a different goal where he could try show his "non-NFL" talents. Hey - I commend all of those guys and gals - professional dancing is very grueling and requires a lot of long hours and dedication.

Mamaduck43
11-16-2006, 02:45 PM
I seem to remember that Lynn Swann took a lot of guff during his playing days when he admitted that he took ballet lessons to help with his vertical leap and ability to move on the field......

I think it was quite effective and didn't hurt his playing style a bit.....

I think that Emmitt was able to draw on his years of conditioning and mental strength to help him with the rigors of the training that he went through in the past 10 weeks.... He did say that it was more aerobic exercise that he had gone through while playing, and that he was on his feet for many more hours than when he was playing......

It looks like both couples are going to be making the rounds of the talk shows, so we will be subjected to the dimples and sourpuss faces as well as the smiles of the champions......

lamberts-lost-tooth
11-16-2006, 02:47 PM
..... professional dancing is very grueling and requires a lot of long hours and dedication.

I know what you mean...hours and hours of psyching yourself up to be "Seargent Perry" ...Officer of Love.....:danceshout: then straigtening out all those wrinkled bills:dollar:....The late hours...being thought of as a just a hunk of meat with no brain......:rolleyes:

Mamaduck43
11-16-2006, 02:48 PM
Just wanted to add - - - I was tickled at the costume color choices by Emmitt and his partner in their Freestyle dance......

Black and Gold all the way!!!!!!!!

floodcitygirl
11-16-2006, 03:09 PM
It looks like both couples are going to be making the rounds of the talk shows, so we will be subjected to the dimples and sourpuss faces as well as the smiles of the champions......Dimples can be good. :smile:

HometownGal
11-16-2006, 08:09 PM
Here are the videos of both Emmitt's and Mario's final dances - the freestyle...enjoy! :thumbsup:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kC7-yuteRKY&NR

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XisHlabsDkk&NR

SteelerFan091472
11-16-2006, 08:24 PM
I seem to remember that Lynn Swann took a lot of guff during his playing days when he admitted that he took ballet lessons to help with his vertical leap and ability to move on the field......

I think it was quite effective and didn't hurt his playing style a bit.....

I remember when I was about 8 or 9 years old, watching Lynn Swann on "Mr. Rogers Neighborhood".

HometownGal
11-17-2006, 01:16 PM
Just wanted to add - - - I was tickled at the costume color choices by Emmitt and his partner in their Freestyle dance......

Black and Gold all the way!!!!!!!!

Y'know - I didn't even pay attention to that until this post - LOL! :tt02:

lamberts-lost-tooth
11-17-2006, 01:26 PM
Okay ladies...remember this is a FOOTBALL FORUM...lets get back to what this thread is really all about........:lust:Sarah Evans!!!:drool:

sumo
11-17-2006, 01:46 PM
I remember when I was about 8 or 9 years old, watching Lynn Swann on "Mr. Rogers Neighborhood".

Me too - he went on there and did some ballet dancing - kind of gay and cool at the same time...