PDA

View Full Version : "They have a slim chance."

Jeremy
11-17-2006, 09:00 AM
Now I'll be the first guy to admit that I've been on Jerome's case about his work on NBC this year, but he did give us some love on the Dan Patrick show yesterday. The first thing Dan asked him was if we still have any hope of making the postseason. Jerome told him we a slim chance, but things have to go our way for the next 7 weeks. One loss and we're probably done.

Personally, I'm hoping the win over the Saints lit a fire under our boys and reminded them who we are and what we did last season.

PS: That's right Eric Kasilias, I said we! Kiss my ass lawyer boy!

DACEB
11-17-2006, 09:08 AM
We have a slim chance, but it not only matters what we do but what happens with Jax, Cincy, Denv and SD.
Lets take care of our own and let the chips fall where they fall. Lets go STEELERS

P.S. I will always have love for the Bus no matter what

Infamix
11-17-2006, 09:09 AM
True, I also remember Jerome saying this on that beat show "Football Night in America". Actually a couple analysts said we still have a very small chance. Sean Salisbury admitted on ESPN that before the Saints win, he put a nail in the coffin for the Steelers. After he saw them beat the Saints, he said he took the "back of the hammer" and wrenched the nail out just a little bit. Sailisbury is a dope!

Jeremy
11-17-2006, 09:11 AM
It's hard to watch FNiA. Sharpe is so damn bad and Collinsworth is an ass.

MJ5150
11-17-2006, 09:11 AM
Such is life among the national talking heads. I find it laughable how they are up and down on the Steelers week after week. If the Steelers keep winning, they will all start the "I told you not to count the Steelers out" liners.

-Mike

Infamix
11-17-2006, 09:24 AM

When I see Collinsworth, the there are two words that pop in my head.

Dick

Head

and to add some touch to it, a third word i think of is grimey.

Chris Collinsworth is a grimey dickhead

that was not meant to be gay

Btrice
11-17-2006, 09:28 AM

Collinsworth is only slightly better off than Joe Buck on my list of guys REQUIRING a spade shovel to the face.

Jeremy
11-17-2006, 09:32 AM
Another Joe Buck hater.

I will say this for Joe Buck. The only other announcer who inspires feelings of such a strong nature is John Madden. Madden and Buck are two guys who you either love or hate, there's no in between with them.

I guess that's saying something for JB.

MJ5150
11-17-2006, 09:38 AM
Madden and Buck are two guys who you either love or hate, there's no in between with them.

That's not always a bad thing. What is worse is for people to not care either way. Apathy will kill a career in the media.

-Mike

steelfan 92
11-17-2006, 11:37 AM
they need to take it one game at a time, no loooking ahead, just focus on the current opponent and take of business and they can pull it off, you gotta beleive. i sure do. we'll make a run like we did last season. the nfl is about pealing at the right time and i think we are going to start to hit ours soon.

HometownGal
11-17-2006, 11:57 AM
I don't put much stock in anything these sourpusses have to say - most of 'em didn't think the Steelers had a prayer last season and they ended up with egg on their faces. Sounds to me like they're getting their backpedals ready.

Our guys need to take care of business - one game at a time. If another SB run is in the cards, the rest will take care of itself. :tt02:

lamberts-lost-tooth
11-17-2006, 12:10 PM
Collinsworth makes me want to change careers to Warfare research...so I can perfect the fragmentation enema.....

How can anyone make a career out of diarehetic smugness!!!!:banging: :banging:

ARKIESTEEL
11-17-2006, 12:35 PM
Collinsworth makes me want to change careers to Warfare research...so I can perfect the fragmentation enema.....

Answer.........He was a Bungul

lamberts-lost-tooth
11-17-2006, 12:48 PM
Answer.........He was a Bungul

Paul Brown Stadium...The Official Diarehetic Smugness Training Facility...ran by the unofficial Marvin Lewis ..Training for Uniformity by Reseach and Development ...or T.U.R.D.

Haiku_Dirtt
11-17-2006, 01:05 PM
Sailisbury is a dope!

:yawn: Yes. He is.

"You don't need a weather man to know which way the wind is blowin'..."

Btrice
11-17-2006, 01:49 PM

:sofunny: :sofunny: :sofunny:
I am pitching this to my boss on Monday, don't worry you'll be a reference in my whitepaper.

lamberts-lost-tooth
11-17-2006, 02:13 PM
:sofunny: :sofunny: :sofunny:
I am pitching this to my boss on Monday, don't worry you'll be a reference in my whitepaper.

Let me know what it pays...I generally dont like a job with that much paperwork..but heck..If Chris can do it..I KNOW we can!!!

BigDuke6
11-17-2006, 02:17 PM
Collinsworth is only slightly better off than Joe Buck on my list of guys REQUIRING a spade shovel to the face.

Well ofcourse, he's a Bungle fer gawd's sakes !!!! What do you expect ??
We have to win 8 in a row to get in. Starting with NO last week. Hmmmmm, 8 in a row, sound familiar to anyone ??

lotas
11-17-2006, 02:42 PM
Collinsworth hates the Steelers. I still remember his words on inside the NFL...it was something like the second time Pit played NE (after they'd lost last time) and Collinsworth said something close to, "Oh no...I'm going with NE, I picked the Steelers last time and I'm not making that same mistake".

I mean how could you phrase that to make it more of a dick comment? ha

Jeremy
11-17-2006, 02:49 PM
He's a jerk, there's never neen much doubt about that.

But look at the Bengal guys in the media. Boomer and Collinsworth both come off as arrogant jerks most of the time.

But you can't blame them. It has to be tough being second fiddle to the Browns in Ohio and the Steelers in the division.

clevestinks
11-17-2006, 03:33 PM
Now I'll be the first guy to admit that I've been on Jerome's case about his work on NBC this year, but he did give us some love on the Dan Patrick show yesterday. The first thing Dan asked him was if we still have any hope of making the postseason. Jerome told him we a slim chance, but things have to go our way for the next 7 weeks. One loss and we're probably done.

Personally, I'm hoping the win over the Saints lit a fire under our boys and reminded them who we are and what we did last season.

PS: That's right Eric Kasilias, I said we! Kiss my ass lawyer boy!

First off, I love Jerome. But as a person and football player.

He seems to say whatever he thinks people want to hear at times. He said last week that we were done.

Besides what he know about SLIM?:flap:

Jeremy
11-17-2006, 03:36 PM
Jerome is in an impossible situation at NBC. Out of the 4 people on that studio team, two are multiple time rejects of the other network shows. The host is a man more noted for baseball and Olympic coverage.

So Jerome faces the task of either fighting against three massive egos and losing air time, and maybe his job, or going with the flow and letting Sharpe and Collinsworth run their pathetic mouths.

HometownGal
11-17-2006, 03:37 PM
He's a jerk, there's never neen much doubt about that.

But look at the Bengal guys in the media. Boomer and Collinsworth both come off as arrogant jerks most of the time.

But you can't blame them. It has to be tough being second fiddle to the Browns in Ohio and the Steelers in the division.

It also has to be tough having flashbacks of the Steel Curtain D smashin' em, bashin' em and tossing them around like rag dolls.

sumo
11-17-2006, 03:40 PM

I agree - especially after watching all those years of NFL Primetime - they should rent Boomer and Jackson from ESPN every Sunday..

Jeremy
11-17-2006, 03:41 PM
they should rent Boomer

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooo

That guy wants to make me catch a plane to Connecticut and beat him with my shoe. I can't stand him.

sumo
11-17-2006, 04:32 PM

That guy wants to make me catch a plane to Connecticut and beat him with my shoe. I can't stand him.

so you never watched Primetime?

Jeremy
11-17-2006, 04:34 PM
so you never watched Primetime?

Not anymore.

MACH1
11-17-2006, 05:49 PM
It could be worse, Dan Dierdorf (however you spell it) Dumbeldorf

The_Professor
11-17-2006, 05:59 PM
I would say Joe Buck is one of the all-time worst play by play guys. Fox sports coverage couldn't be worse... especially with him and McCarver for World Series games it's awful. Also it sucks Primetime is gone that was a 10 times better show than FNiA and "The Blitz" is a half-hearted sucky effort. At least Madden in comparison to Buck created a great video game and also it's fun to predict what he's gonna say... "Brett Favre will be Brett Favre.. etc."

NV STEELERS 723
11-17-2006, 06:22 PM
Do you guys ever get the feeling THE BUS wants to smack Collinsworth in the shoulder when he's talking crap about the STEELERS?

He would go right thru a plexi - glass window...

I can't recall Boomer talking crap about the STEELERS.... at least not much...

lamberts-lost-tooth
11-18-2006, 05:35 AM

I dont like Boomer as a a commentator but he has traditionally been fair to the Steelers

Boomer before the superbowl:"If I could have 100 Hines Wards on my team, we would never lose a game."

Boomer on Kino's hit on Palmer:"At CBS we ran the replay over and over and you know Kimo, He tries hard every play. You want 20 Kimos on your team. He wasn’t trying to do that. If you saw his reaction, he was just miserable.”

Boomer on the Chad Johnson fight in the Bengals locker room...and on his critisism of Lewis denying the incident happened: "Marvin Lewis has his own problems.They had a huge fight in that locker room at halftime. It's the truth, flat out. Chad Johnson got into it with their wide receivers coach, Hue Jackson. (Wide receiver) T. J. Houshmandzadeh and Marvin came over to break it up and Chad was uncontrollable. ...I am a national sports figure and I have to call it like it is to keep my credibility..."

Elvis
11-18-2006, 06:10 AM
:tt02: :coffee:
First of all I cant Stand chicken neck collinsworth.. he is such :dang: He was never anything in the league and he is still nothing in the broadcast booth. He is as bad as Troy Aikman and Buck being Fox's #1 team.. that is a joke...go Collinsworth:cheer: ... your a dweeb!!:banana: :chicken:

james203
11-19-2006, 03:35 AM
lets just take one game at a time.the steelers only way of going to post season is taking the afc north.they have a chance if they continue to win & balt & cincy lose.balt is 4 games in front of pitts with 7 games left.2 of them against pitts.cincy is 1 game ahead of pitts with the final game of the yr against pitts.so pitts main concerne is the over rated ravens.how they manage to win is beyond me.

james203
11-19-2006, 03:38 AM
lets just take one game at a time.the steelers only way of going to post season is taking the afc north.they have a chance if they continue to win & balt & cincy lose.balt is 4 games in front of pitts with 7 games left.2 of them against pitts.cincy is 1 game ahead of pitts with the final game of the yr against pitts.so pitts main concerne is the over rated ravens.how they manage to win is beyond me.one more loss by the steelers & the chance for back 2 back super bowl wins is absolutely over.

Atlanta Dan
11-19-2006, 11:04 AM
Ravens are winning the types of games a team gets when it is having a season that gets it to the playoffs followed by an early exit. Ravens should have lost the Browns, Chargers, and Titans games but since they took care of business while the Steelers & Bengals have failed to do so they are in the drivers seat. Steelers need to win out, and have the Ravens lose not only twice to the Steelers but two other times as well (most likely candidates being road games against the Chiefs and Bengals).

Not too liklely - Steelers simply were not ready for this season.

tony hipchest
11-19-2006, 11:08 AM
chiefs, bungles, jets, jags, steelers are still fighting for that last wild card spot. we are 2 games out with 6 to go. if those 4 teams tank it like the steelers did at the beginning of the season there is still a slight chance. im not holding my breath but ill take it if we can get it.

Atlanta Dan
11-19-2006, 11:53 AM
chiefs, bungles, jets, jags, steelers are still fighting for that last wild card spot. we are 2 games out with 6 to go. if those 4 teams tank it like the steelers did at the beginning of the season there is still a slight chance. im not holding my breath but ill take it if we can get it.

3 games out - Steelers lose WC tiebreaker to the currently 5-4 Jags

tony hipchest
11-19-2006, 12:02 PM
3 games out - Steelers lose WC tiebreaker to the currently 5-4 Jags:dang: your right. that loss to atl, cin and oak, really bite. good thing the jags are playing their worst ball as of late, but its 1 thing to hope for 1 team to tank it. its about improbable for 4 teams to tank it. as like the steelers still play like they have a shot i will be happy with salvaging some respectability. :jammin:

james203
11-19-2006, 04:27 PM
STEELERS remaining 6 games.balt,tampa bay,clev,carolina & cincy. RAVENS games left.pitts,cincy,kc,clev,pitts,buffalo. BENGALS games left.clev,balt,oak,indy,denver & pitts. i still believe the steelers have to win the remaining 6 games & take the division to make it to the playoffs. anythings possible BUT the ravens & bengals are looking pretty good & balt has won 4 str8.ill just hope for the best.