PDA

View Full Version : Thy days are done - Where now for Leftwich?

Livinginthe past
11-18-2006, 01:40 AM
So, it appears that 'Lord' Byrons days are numbered in Jacksonville - what will his fate be?

There seems to a move across the league to go with QB's who have a little mobility, not necessarily breakaway speed, just a little burst to avoid the oncoming rush.

Garrard is clearly the better QB suited to making something out of a broken play, Leftwich being the more statuesque 'Bledsoe' type stand and deliver passer.

My first thought would be Oakland, where the Aaron Brooks experience hasnt really taken off, and Andrew Walter is labouring behind a sub-par offensive line.

Of course, for a team that extols the virtues of the deep pass they dont appear to be too successful at finding offensive linemen capable of protecting long enough to get the pass away.

I think Byron's ability to recover from injury would be fully utilised here.

The Redskins are a force to be reckoned with in any free agency interaction, I think time is running out for Brunell - its probably a case of how well Campbell does in the starter spot.

Any other thoughts on possible homes for Byron?

Does anyone think that Leftwich will still be a Jag this time next year?

NM

silver & black
11-18-2006, 11:31 AM
So, it appears that 'Lord' Byrons days are numbered in Jacksonville - what will his fate be?

There seems to a move across the league to go with QB's who have a little mobility, not necessarily breakaway speed, just a little burst to avoid the oncoming rush.

Garrard is clearly the better QB suited to making something out of a broken play, Leftwich being the more statuesque 'Bledsoe' type stand and deliver passer.

My first thought would be Oakland, where the Aaron Brooks experience hasnt really taken off, and Andrew Walter is labouring behind a sub-par offensive line.

Of course, for a team that extols the virtues of the deep pass they dont appear to be too successful at finding offensive linemen capable of protecting long enough to get the pass away.

The Redskins are a force to be reckoned with in any free agency interaction, I think time is running out for Brunell - its probably a case of how well Campbell does in the starter spot.

NM

Bite your tongue! We don't need him... although, I do admire his toughness.

I'm on the fence with this. We need to let Walter play and develope, but on the other hand, I would rather some other QB get killed untill the O line comes together. Brooks will do just fine as the whipping boy.

Livinginthe past
11-18-2006, 03:32 PM

I'm on the fence with this. We need to let Walter play and develope, but on the other hand, I would rather some other QB get killed untill the O line comes together. Brooks will do just fine as the whipping boy.

What do you think of Walter being censured for his comments about the offense being run in such a simplistic fashion?

Its fair enough having rules - but they should apply to all.

Apparently its ok for Moss to question the playcalling.

NM

silver & black
11-18-2006, 04:38 PM
What do you think of Walter being censured for his comments about the offense being run in such a simplistic fashion?

Its fair enough having rules - but they should apply to all.

Apparently its ok for Moss to question the playcalling.

NM

Believe me, the favoritism hasn't gone unnoticed in the Nation. This seems to be a reccurring theme in the Shell regime. In his first tenure it was Allen who was benched. This time around it's Porter... and now Walter.

My opinion is: Walter is, for all intents and purposes, a rookie. He should keep his thoughts in house and not air them in public. Moss is a seasoned vet and team captain that gets paid VERY well... he should shut his mouth and go out lead by example. His actions are exactly why I wasn't thrilled when I learned that the Raiders signed him. Randy is all about Randy... not his team.

You would think that half way through the season the team should be coming together and showing some signs of progression. Unfortunately, we seem to be sinking farther into the quagmire of ineptitude.

There are rumors circling in the Nation that could prove very interesting if they were to come to fruition. I will discuss it when there is more concrete evidence that any of them are true.

Livinginthe past
11-18-2006, 04:47 PM
Believe me, the favoritism hasn't gone unnoticed in the Nation. This seemes to be a reccurring theme in the Shell regime. In his first tenure it was Allen who was benched. This time around it's Porter... and now Walter.

My opinion is: Walter is, for all intents and purposes, a rookie. He should keep his thoughts in house and not air them in public. Moss is a seasoned vet and team captain that gets paid VERY well... he should shut his mouth and go out lead by example. His actions are exactly why I wasn't thrilled when I learned that the Raiders signed him. Randy is all about Randy... not his team.

You would think that half way through the season the team should be coming together and showing some signs of progression. Unfortunately, we seem to be sinking farther into the quagmire of ineptitude.

There are rumors circling in the Nation that could prove very interesting if they were to come to fruition. I will discuss it when there is more concrete evidence that any of them are true.

I agree on the leadership/vet subject - these are the guys the youngsters look to for guidance - to see what is acceptable and what isn't.

Maybe Walter was so bummed at being target practice for opposing LBers that he decided to get himself thrown off the team.

I look forward to hearing more about those rumors.

NM

MasterOfPuppets
11-18-2006, 05:26 PM
buffalo...losman sucks

Hines0wnz
11-18-2006, 06:04 PM
He'll be a Jag next year. Gerrard may be more mobile but he isnt exactly lighting up the offense.

SteelCityMan786
11-18-2006, 07:21 PM

When does Brooks get off of the DL?

silver & black
11-18-2006, 08:03 PM
When does Brooks get off of the DL?

He has been cleared to play. I would expect to see him play Sunday... but who knows?

SteelCityMan786
11-18-2006, 08:19 PM
I might suggest play him but yet Walters If I remember right QB'd both of ur wins.

boLT fan
11-18-2006, 09:39 PM
I might suggest play him but yet Walters If I remember right QB'd both of ur wins.

Haha, Walters. That pisses off most Raider fans. :flap:

SteelCityMan786
11-18-2006, 09:41 PM

:sofunny: I guess it would

silver & black
11-19-2006, 07:55 AM

What do you mean?

ibleedburgundy
11-19-2006, 10:33 AM
I think Jason Campbell would have to play pretty awful for the Skns to go after Leftwich in the offseason. There have been some great QBs that had a horrible first year as a starter. I'm not sure the Skins would have the cap space. Before the injury, Leftwich was asking for a pretty huge contract.

Oakland seems like a good fit.

Garrard has potential to be a solid NFL QB but he needs to play better than he did last week.

tony hipchest
11-19-2006, 11:21 AM
most teams are set at qb for the next 2-5 years. oakland isnt, neither is the ravens. baltimore wanted leftwich out of college but had to settle on boller.

MACH1
11-19-2006, 11:57 AM
He could end up in NE as Bradys back up???

Livinginthe past
11-19-2006, 12:34 PM
He could end up in NE as Bradys back up???

I dont think he'll be going anywhere as back-up.

NM

ibleedburgundy
11-20-2006, 03:06 PM
Campbell looked solid and poised in his first start as a Redskin, so I don't think the skins will be QB shopping in the offseason.

Livinginthe past
11-20-2006, 03:31 PM
Campbell looked solid and poised in his first start as a Redskin, so I don't think the skins will be QB shopping in the offseason.

Lets face it, Snyder isnt known for his commitment to a long term plan - he goes spend crazy just about every off season.

Personally, I think he'll be in the market for a top notch RB and probably a QB too.

NM

sumo
11-20-2006, 03:57 PM

NM

Let's see - big immobile QB with overrated arm strength - can't move to save his life - he's a lock for Dallas - Parcells will pick him up, make him the starter, and over pay him..

Black@Gold Forever32
11-20-2006, 04:00 PM
No I think Tony Romo will remain the starter for Dallas the rest of this year and in the future.

sumo
11-20-2006, 04:03 PM
No I think Tony Romo will remain the starter for Dallas the rest of this year and in the future.

I know - I was kidding, I can't stand Parcells and I think he's an idiot for starting Drew and Vinny - sorry, I should have used one of these in my post:sofunny: :sofunny: :sofunny:

ibleedburgundy
11-20-2006, 04:18 PM
Lets face it, Snyder isnt known for his commitment to a long term plan - he goes spend crazy just about every off season.

Personally, I think he'll be in the market for a top notch RB and probably a QB too.

NM

Totally disagree. Jason Campbell looked incredibly comfortable for a guy making his NFL debut. Did you see the game? I think he's the future. Brunell will be a good guy to have on the bench although he will be an overpaid backup for 1 year, and then they will go after a backup. I think RB and QB are the last positions the Redskins need to address at this point. Portis, Betts, Duckett, Sellers can handle the RB load. Linebackers are playing awful, including Marcus Washington. CBs have been awful. Carlos Rogers is offially a bust. So is Archuletta. SS, defensive line, kicker. The entire defense has been horrible with the lone exception of Sean Taylor. And this has been his worst year as well.

Livinginthe past
11-20-2006, 05:14 PM
Totally disagree. Jason Campbell looked incredibly comfortable for a guy making his NFL debut. Did you see the game? I think he's the future. Brunell will be a good guy to have on the bench although he will be an overpaid backup for 1 year, and then they will go after a backup. I think RB and QB are the last positions the Redskins need to address at this point. Portis, Betts, Duckett, Sellers can handle the RB load. Linebackers are playing awful, including Marcus Washington. CBs have been awful. Carlos Rogers is offially a bust. So is Archuletta. SS, defensive line, kicker. The entire defense has been horrible with the lone exception of Sean Taylor. And this has been his worst year as well.

To be honest, no I didn't see the game.

Im not even saying Jason Campbell wont be an excellent QB in the future, its just that Snyder seems to have no intention of grooming players - hence the reason he cashes most of his draft picks in for FA acquisitions well before draft day appears.

Alot of those guys you have mentioned have been heralded FA pick-ups - Portis, Duckett Archuletta - only Portis has really worked out.

Do you honestly think that Snyder will tolerate a learning year for Campbell next year, where he makes the expected rookie mistakes?

Unlike the Pittsburgh and San Diego scenario's - the rest of his team isn't strong enough to pick up the slack.

NM