And I will when I am old.

But why's this name an adjective
When it should be a noun?
Can anybody tell me
What the hell's a Cleveland Brown?!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/sueincinci/Steelers/14b.gif

83-Steelers-43
11-18-2006, 05:31 PM
http://tn3-1.deviantart.com/fs11/300W/i/2006/194/b/e/Mr_Hankey_the_Christmas_Poo_by_StaceyW.jpg My only guess? :huh: :hunch:

silver & black
11-18-2006, 05:48 PM
A Bengal is a tiger
And a fast plane is a Jet.
A Cowboy comes from Texas
And a Raider's tough I'll bet.

A Viking's from the frigid north.
Seahawks live near the sea.
All are names of football teams,
Just like they ought to be.

But there's one name that makes no sense
It causes me to frown
Can anyone enlighten me?
Just what's a Cleveland Brown?!

I don't know if it is true,
But I think I've heard a theory;
That Cleveland named its team
After the color of Lake Erie.

Brown does not describe
A big and strong athletic man.
It's what's inside the diaper
Of a baby Steeler's fan.

The guy who named this football team
Must be the Cleveland clown
Who else would think to call
A football warrior a Brown!!

If I'd been born in Cleveland
And there my life was spent,
I'd find another team to cheer
From pure embarrassment.

I myself, have always loved
The Steelers Black and Gold.
I did when I was very young,
And I will when I am old.

But why's this name an adjective
When it should be a noun?
Can anybody tell me
What the hell's a Cleveland Brown?!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/sueincinci/Steelers/14b.gif

That was awsome! I'm going to print that out and give it to one of my buddies who is a huge Steelers fan. Well done!

stillers4me
11-18-2006, 06:12 PM
I didn't write it......just good with the copy and paste skill!!!

silver & black
11-18-2006, 06:27 PM
Well, thanks for posting it anyway. I hate the Browns. I live 50 miles south of Cleveland... I have to deal with their fans every day!

CJ#85
11-18-2006, 11:11 PM
It is funny, considering I don't like the Brownies either.

But, we all know they are called that because they are named after their former owner Paul Brown and his "Browns" or guys.

SteelCityMan786
11-18-2006, 11:12 PM
It is funny, considering I don't like the Brownies either.

But, we all know they are called that because they are named after their former owner Paul Brown and his "Browns" or guys.

They should rename since they have the Pound.

CJ#85
11-18-2006, 11:23 PM
They should call themselves "The Dawgs." That seems to be their mascot anyway.

SteelCityMan786
11-18-2006, 11:26 PM

Not a bad idea. Kind makes no sense to have the dog pound and not have a dog name.

stillers4me
11-19-2006, 09:03 AM
Not a bad idea. Kind makes no sense to have the dog pound and not have a dog name.

The Cleveland Junkyard Dogs

or

The Cleveland Mongrels

or

The Cleveland Mange Mutts

silver & black
11-19-2006, 09:25 AM

I always wondered why they keep that silly little "brownie"/elf as their mascot. I would think that after the last 20 years of being known as the Dawgs that they would officially make the dawg their mascot. I can see not changing their name... too much tradition, plus it honors the late, great Paul Brown.

polamalufan43
11-19-2006, 05:16 PM
First lesson of the day children, everyone write this equation down. You will be tested on this.

Browns=:poop:

Any questions?

~Polamalufan43:tt02:

MACH1
11-19-2006, 05:21 PM
See that skidmark in your underwear? Thats a Brown

stillers4me
11-19-2006, 05:47 PM
Did you see those disgusting looking rubber dog masks??????? Ga-rossssss!

Tankus_Maximus
11-19-2006, 05:52 PM
Everyday after my morning coffee & oatmeal, I manage to produce a very solid Brownie.

Jonsk
11-19-2006, 06:46 PM
The Browns are named after Paul Brown -- the greatest coach in NFL history. The Steelers are named after an industry that hardly exists anymore in your city. Browns fans are the most loyal fans in football. We stick by our team through think and lately a lot of thin. When you guys lose, you go into hiding like a bunch of cowards.

Jonsk
11-19-2006, 06:47 PM
that was supposed to say "thick and lately a lot of thin"

stillers4me
11-19-2006, 06:54 PM
The Browns are named after Paul Brown -- the greatest coach in NFL history. The Steelers are named after an industry that hardly exists anymore in your city. Browns fans are the most loyal fans in football. We stick by our team through think and lately a lot of thin. When you guys lose, you go into hiding like a bunch of cowards.

I'm sorry...I believe you have us confused with the Bungals. :dang:

The REAL Steelers not only built our city......but they built yours as well. Show some respect.

Jonsk
11-19-2006, 06:55 PM
I guess you guys can dish it out but can't take it since my posts are being removed. Wimps!!

UhClem
11-19-2006, 07:02 PM
"Originally Posted by SteelCityMan786
Not a bad idea. Kind makes no sense to have the dog pound and not have a dog name. "

So what does brown and dog have in common? I'll tell you later after I clean off my shoes.

blackngoldbaby
11-19-2006, 07:08 PM
"Originally Posted by SteelCityMan786
Not a bad idea. Kind makes no sense to have the dog pound and not have a dog name. "

So what does brown and dog have in common? I'll tell you later after I clean off my shoes.

lol !!!! good one!:sofunny: :toofunny: :thumbsup:

SteelCityMan786
11-19-2006, 08:05 PM
new brown definition

team frequently beaten by the steelers

Steelers
11-20-2006, 12:17 AM
That was awesome. Potentially the worst name in sports.

holmes
11-20-2006, 12:18 AM
the browns did change their name once.....to the baltimore ravens.:sofunny: :sofunny:

floodcitygirl
11-20-2006, 08:41 AM
the browns did change their name once.....to the baltimore ravens.:sofunny: :sofunny:Hey Holmes! Interesting avatar....Harvatski???? You wouldn't be Croatian, would you????? :smile:

SteelCityMan786
11-20-2006, 03:05 PM
the browns did change their name once.....to the baltimore ravens.:sofunny: :sofunny:

:sofunny: :sofunny: :sofunny:

stlrtruck
11-20-2006, 03:17 PM

I don't know if I would say Paul Brown was the greatest coach in NFL history. He was also kicked out of Cleveland, so why name a team after him.

The Steelers are named after an industry that helped build AMERICA, not coach one team. The industry may hardly exist but it is a tribute to the men and women who worked in the industry.

As for the hiding like a bunch of cowards comment, you must not be able to recognize THE GREATEST NFL FAN BASE IN THE WORLD - but here's a quick recap for you - it's STEELERS NATION! When you're family is that big, there's no need to run and hide!

But I'm sure like Braylon Edwards, you'll be back with your tail between your legs before too long!

polamalufan43
11-20-2006, 03:35 PM

Jonsk.... come over to the winning...uh I mean... good side and stop wasting your time in Browniesville, it's obviously corrupted your brain.

~Polamalufan43:tt02:

holmes
11-20-2006, 05:08 PM
Hey Holmes! Interesting avatar....Harvatski???? You wouldn't be Croatian, would you????? :smile:

yes

floodcitygirl
11-20-2006, 05:57 PM
yesFellow Croatian here!!! I just visited this past spring. What is your shield for?

meanjoecoop
11-20-2006, 06:40 PM
The Browns are named after Paul Brown -- the greatest coach in NFL history.

Umm...then why isnt there a "Brown Trophy" instead of the Lombardi trophy? Try again.

The Steelers are named after an industry that hardly exists anymore in your city.

How many gold miners are there in SanFrancisco? How many Redskins are there in Washington? Were there ever any Vikings in Minnesota? What does Tennesee have to do with a Titan?

We represent the industry that built this country, that built the battleships that helped us win world wars, the railroads, the skyscrapers, the bridges, the cars, the rockets that took us to the moon.

But who cares...you represent a coach that played a "game".

When you guys lose, you go into hiding like a bunch of cowards.

Huh??? You must be thinking of Cincinnati.

MACH1
11-20-2006, 06:54 PM
When you guys lose, you go into hiding like a bunch of cowards.

Where are all the clown fans. Where I live I have never seen one. Its kind of like Bigfoot, you hear stories about them but never actually see one. I guess their too good at hiding or to embarassed to be seen in public. :point: :sign03:

BlacknGold76
12-03-2006, 08:12 PM
Where are all the clown fans. Where I live I have never seen one. Its kind of like Bigfoot, you hear stories about them but never actually see one. I guess their too good at hiding or to embarassed to be seen in public. :point: :sign03:

You mean like this?

http://www.clubdesmonstres.com/harry01.jpg

SwedishSteeler
12-03-2006, 08:41 PM
anyone know who wrote this? like to get in touch with him and record it if he doesnt mind.