PDA

View Full Version : Steelers vs. Browns Game Day Thread

Pages : 1 2 [3]

Carolina Steelers
11-19-2006, 03:09 PM
Strong comeback by Ben this guy has alot of heart runs around in the pocket and makes plays!!!! Bring on the Ratbirds

tony hipchest
11-19-2006, 03:10 PM
Apologies, I got over excited.

I am never betting on the freaking Steelers again!

NMnice watching the game with ya!:cheers: congrats on the $$$$ (shouldnt have been nearly that close)

steelers showed resolve. unfortunately the bungles and ravens did too.

Dynasty
11-19-2006, 03:11 PM
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WE WON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 2 in a row!!! Streak has started!

MyCuz64Furness
I think I'm in shock.............Holy Sh*t:tt02: :tt02:

Chronicgaming
Great (but tooooooo close) win! Let's keep the streak going!

wiqidjuggalo
11-19-2006, 03:13 PM
THE STREAK STARTS HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SteelR1
HOLY COW,,, What a game!!!!!!!! A streak starts with 2, LETS KEEP IT GOING!!!!!

Livinginthe past
nice watching the game with ya!:cheers: congrats on the $$$$ (shouldnt have been nearly that close)

steelers showed resolve. unfortunately the bungles and ravens did too.

Likewise.

Cheers :cheers:

Think the coaches have learnt a lesson about how to play weak offensive teams yet?

NM

MACH1
11-19-2006, 03:14 PM
AHHHHHHHH just got my heart started again wooooooohooooooo
:tt02: :tt02: :tt02:

Infamix
11-19-2006, 03:14 PM
Cut Jeff Reed tonight!!!

Those last 2 kickoffs would have produced better field position if he had intentionally kicked the ball out of bounds.

Great win but high school kickers have stronger legs than Reed. No way the Browns should have got the ball back at the 42.

Reed had some clutch field goals as well

X-Terminator
11-19-2006, 03:15 PM
Cut Jeff Reed tonight!!!

Those last 2 kickoffs would have produced better field position if he had intentionally kicked the ball out of bounds.

Great win but high school kickers have stronger legs than Reed. No way the Browns should have got the ball back at the 42.

Did you forget that they gave up a 92 yard kickoff return TD? That was smart strategy by the Steelers to keep the ball out of Cribbs' hands, which was the sole purpose of both of those kickoffs. I'd much rather give them the ball at the 42 than risk the ST giving up another one. And kicking the ball out of bounds would have given them the ball at the 40, so what difference would it have made?

MyCuz64Furness
11-19-2006, 03:15 PM
THE STREAK STARTS HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I pray that is the case:tt02: :tt02:

MACH1
11-19-2006, 03:16 PM
Hope is still dim with the ratbirds and bungels winning.

tony hipchest
11-19-2006, 03:18 PM
Likewise.

Cheers :cheers:

Think the coaches have learnt a lesson about how to play weak offensive teams yet?

NMwillie was waiting to bust out all game. too bad he never got the chance. im sure the steelers will come out next week and try to pound the ball on the ravens (to no avail)

the ravens game is one i think we can instigate a shoot out and win.

HometownGal
11-19-2006, 03:42 PM
My God that was getting ugly there for a while, but they put their thinking caps on, turned it around, made some great plays and held on for dear life in those last moments. It sure wasn't a pretty win, but a win nonetheless, though I don't know whether to laugh or cry at this minute - LOL! :tt02:

X-Terminator
11-19-2006, 03:44 PM
This game showed that the Steelers still have the heart of a champion. When it seemed bleak and that they were looking at another bad loss, they picked up their bootstraps and got the job done. Great job, Steelers! :cheers:

BTW, Justin Otstott...ya know I'm going to have to get on you a bit for throwing in the towel so early in the game. You never, EVER give up on your team - period! So you get a :flap: for the day. :wink02:

MyCuz64Furness
11-19-2006, 03:52 PM
You never, EVER give up on your team - period! So you get a :flap: for the day. :wink02:

I'm sure it was out of frustration......I always hope for the best and usually don't give in til the end but its hard sitting there and getting through the disgusting stuff:sofunny: :sofunny: :tt02: :tt02:

Atlanta Dan
11-19-2006, 04:01 PM
Hope is still dim with the ratbirds and bungels winning.

The Bengals win actually is OK - it gives them hope for the Ravens game. Need to
hope the Bengals lose one of the following (other 2 games are Baltimore (must win) on 12/3 and Steelers New Year's Eve (must lose)):

Sun 11/26 at Cleveland 1:00 pm (not likely)
Sun 12/10 Oakland 1:00 pm (no way)
Mon 12/18 at Indianapolis 8:30 pm (too early for Colts to be resting players)
Sun 12/24 at Denver (Denver will need this for division)

Need Ravens to lose 2 of these 4 (Steelers need to beat Ravens twice):

Thu 11/30 at Cincinnati 8:00 pm
Sun 12/10 at Kansas City 1:00 pm
Sun 12/17 Cleveland 1:00 pm
Sun 12/31 Buffalo

Steelers still need to win out to have a prayer.

Atlanta Dan
11-19-2006, 04:09 PM
Did you forget that they gave up a 92 yard kickoff return TD? That was smart strategy by the Steelers to keep the ball out of Cribbs' hands, which was the sole purpose of both of those kickoffs. I'd much rather give them the ball at the 42 than risk the ST giving up another one. And kicking the ball out of bounds would have given them the ball at the 40, so what difference would it have made?

Kicking it out of bounds at least would have assured no run back; maybe you can justify the squib with less than minute to go but the pooch kick before that showed a total loss of faith in Reed's kickoff ability.

Reed will be gone after this season. The only way Steelers can tolerate those kickoffs is 100% accuracy from 45 yard FG in and he has lost that talent this season.

stillers4me
11-19-2006, 04:40 PM
Well we pulled that one straight out of our butts!!!!!

It was good to see the cranial gears grinding and some smart football being played to turn that horrible first half around!!! Nice job redeeming yourself, Ben. Santonio......you had some mistakes, you had some great catches.........just stay on the plus side of the column and I know you'll do fine. Keep on truckin' Willie, and Troy.......what can I say.........Troy, Troy, Troy! What an animal!!!!!!!! :tt02:

X-Terminator
11-19-2006, 05:13 PM
Kicking it out of bounds at least would have assured no run back; maybe you can justify the squib with less than minute to go but the pooch kick before that showed a total loss of faith in Reed's kickoff ability.

Reed will be gone after this season. The only way Steelers can tolerate those kickoffs is 100% accuracy from 45 yard FG in and he has lost that talent this season.

You all it "loss of confidence in his kicking ability"...I call it smart football because of a lack of confidence in your kick coverage unit. How it is Reed's fault the kick was returned for a TD? Short kickoffs or not, your coverage unit has to get down the field and make the tackle, plain and simple.

Jonsk
11-19-2006, 05:21 PM
Oh well, the Browns lost today. What else is new. At least we have real fans in this city who stick by their team through thick and thin. I live in an area here in Cleveland where there are a lot of college kids from the Pittsburgh area who show up at the local bars and act like idiots on game day. But when the Steelers aren't winning, they don't seem to show in as great of numbers. I hate Pittsburgh so much. You guys smell and are ugly. Half of you are trailer trash from West Virginia with no teeth. Cleveland will have its day, and all you fair-weather Steelers fans will be sitting at home acting like you don't even know who the Steelers are because you're the most unloyal fans in football. Until the mid-1970s nobody even knew who the Steelers were. You're garbage and I hope you all rot in hell!!

stillers4me
11-19-2006, 05:22 PM
Oh well, the Browns lost today. What else is new. At least we have real fans in this city who stick by their team through thick and thin. I live in an area here in Cleveland where there are a lot of college kids from the Pittsburgh area who show up at the local bars and act like idiots on game day. But when the Steelers aren't winning, they don't seem to show in as great of numbers. I hate Pittsburgh so much. You guys smell and are ugly. Half of you are trailer trash from West Virginia with no teeth. Cleveland will have its day, and all you fair-weather Steelers fans will be sitting at home acting like you don't even know who the Steelers are because you're the most unloyal fans in football. Until the mid-1970s nobody even knew who the Steelers were. You're garbage and I hope you all rot in hell!!

Alrighty then.........I guess he told us!!!!!! :sofunny: :sofunny: :sofunny: :sofunny:

The one post wonder!!

MACH1
11-19-2006, 05:26 PM

So how does it feel to lose to the Steelers once again.. Dumb A**:flipoff:
The Clowns are in their rightfull place because they earned it.......LAST PLACE:upyours:

:sign03: :sign03: :sign03:

X-Terminator
11-19-2006, 05:30 PM
Please don't feed the trolls, everyone.

Jonsk
11-19-2006, 05:31 PM
Turkey Jones!! Turkey Jones!!

Jonsk
11-19-2006, 05:36 PM
So how does it feel to lose to the Steelers once again.. Dumb A**:flipoff:
The Clowns are in their rightfull place because they earned it.......LAST PLACE:upyours:

:sign03: :sign03: :sign03:

Yeah, wow, the Browns are in their rightful place. They're an expansion team you idiot!! You guys barely beat an expansion team and are only a game better. How does that feel?

MACH1
11-19-2006, 05:43 PM
Just another lame excuse, you might could have used that 5 years ago. They are past being a expansion team kinda like Carolina,JackV and Houston.

SteelCityMan786
11-19-2006, 05:43 PM
Yeah, wow, the Browns are in their rightful place. They're an expansion team you idiot!! You guys barely beat an expansion team and are only a game better. How does that feel?

It doesn't erase the fact we still beat you guys.

stillers4me
11-19-2006, 05:49 PM
It doesn't erase the fact we still beat you guys.

How's the AFC North basement ?? I hear it still smells like Bengal piss.

SteelCityMan786
11-19-2006, 05:50 PM

:sofunny: :sofunny: :sofunny:

X-Terminator
11-19-2006, 05:58 PM
OK, that does it. I know I said don't feed the trolls, but...Jonsk, let me break it down for you. The Browns are in their 8th season back in the league and have had numerous high draft picks to bring in the talent to build a winner, therefore you cannot use the "expansion team" excuse for losing anymore. Both Carolina and Jacksonville are "expansion teams" and both have had more success than the Browns have had. At least Carolina can say they have played in a Super Bowl, which is one more than the Browns have ever played in. And I bet it still kills you knowing that it took moving to Baltimore before the old Browns could win a championship. So when you come over here to shoot off your mouth, at least have something more than "I hate the Steelers, they stink and we're all a bunch of West Virginians with no teeth" to run your mouth about.

MyCuz64Furness
11-19-2006, 06:25 PM

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA:sofunny: :sofunny: :sofunny: I'm laughing so hard through my one tooth:sofunny: :sofunny: :sofunny:

steelergirlrocks
11-19-2006, 06:25 PM
OK, that does it. I know I said don't feed the trolls, but...Jonsk, let me break it down for you. The Browns are in their 8th season back in the league and have had numerous high draft picks to bring in the talent to build a winner, therefore you cannot use the "expansion team" excuse for losing anymore. Both Carolina and Jacksonville are "expansion teams" and both have had more success than the Browns have had. At least Carolina can say they have played in a Super Bowl, which is one more than the Browns have ever played in. And I bet it still kills you knowing that it took moving to Baltimore before the old Browns could win a championship. So when you come over here to shoot off your mouth, at least have something more than "I hate the Steelers, they stink and we're all a bunch of West Virginians with no teeth" to run your mouth about.

That's right!:cheers:

Elvis
11-19-2006, 06:38 PM
:sofunny:
jonsk... that is pretty much a lame excuse:dang: :toofunny:
How many years have you had your team back? Give me a break! Steelers adjusted well at halftime because I thought for sure we were gonna lose to an expansion team... hehehe:sofunny: :thumbsup: Here you go jonsk:hug: This will make your expansion team feel better:chicken: :wave: :helmet:

I-Want-Troy's-Hair
11-19-2006, 07:38 PM
it appears jonsk might have retreated back to "the brown hole." :moon:

SteelCityMan786
11-19-2006, 07:41 PM
:sofunny:
jonsk... that is pretty much a lame excuse:dang: :toofunny:
How many years have you had your team back? Give me a break! Steelers adjusted well at halftime because I thought for sure we were gonna lose to an expansion team... hehehe:sofunny: :thumbsup: Here you go jonsk:hug: This will make your expansion team feel better:chicken: :wave: :helmet:

Couldn't have said it better myself. The Steelers made the neccessary adjustments and what do ya know, they win.

Preacher
11-19-2006, 07:47 PM
Here's what killed me about this game.. we didn't show the ability to run the table and get into the playoffs by the way we played today, yet we also won, keeping hope.

Least I will say this, these type of games are the ones the Steelers would lose in years past, because we had no ability to come back in the fourth quarter. It was good to see our young players stepping up... and our older players.

CASTEEL
11-19-2006, 11:02 PM
..........Steelers fans will be sitting at home acting like you don't even know who the Steelers are because you're the most unloyal fans in football.

Come on... say something else stupid.....
I guess you can't, mommy made you get off the computer and go to bed??

What a stupid arse.........:dang:

GO STEELERS!!!

SteelCityMan786
11-20-2006, 02:50 PM
Come on... say something else stupid.....
I guess you can't, mommy made you get off the computer and go to bed??

What a stupid arse.........:dang:

GO STEELERS!!!

The guy forgets we are the MOST LOYAL to our team. The Least Loyal fans live with some other team.