PDA

View Full Version : Any Word on Ward?

Steelers
11-19-2006, 04:32 PM
ESPN.com's "Infirmary Report" only has QBs. He didn't look toooooo bad, but what the Hell do I know?

MACH1
11-19-2006, 04:35 PM
Dont know, but I pray its nothing serious

Sith Lord
11-19-2006, 04:43 PM
He returnd to the game.

polamalufan43
11-19-2006, 05:04 PM
Well, yeah, but he looked less than alright after that play. He should be fine by next week though. I'm checking some post-game quotes to find out more.

~Polamalufan43:tt02:

Infamix
11-19-2006, 05:27 PM
Speaking of QBs, Mcnabb is out for the season, torn ACL. As for Ward, he came back in, he will be fine.

NV STEELERS 723
11-19-2006, 07:50 PM
Ward is tough! ( Wearing his jersey right now )

steel#1
11-19-2006, 08:41 PM
According to post-game interview with Cowher--it's a contusion as far as he knows and he should be fine. Thank God!

SteelCityMan786
11-19-2006, 08:42 PM
He returnd to the game.

Good chance it could be just one of those walk it off and he's fine.

Preacher
11-19-2006, 08:50 PM
Here's two words on Ward...

First word... HE IS A STUD!

Second word. It was a dirty hit against him.. guy aimed for the knees AFTER HE WAS DOWN.

daleemnm
11-19-2006, 08:56 PM

Second word. It was a dirty hit against him.. guy aimed for the knees AFTER HE WAS DOWN.

What else do you expect from a Clown?

Preacher
11-19-2006, 09:24 PM
What else do you expect from a Clown?

Yeah, well... You got a point there.

HometownGal
11-19-2006, 09:44 PM

Father - I didn't see that hit as dirty, but we all interpret a late hit differently. Maybe I missed something, but it looked like the first defender missed him and Jones wanted to make sure Hines was down. The way I remember it, Jones attempted to dive across Hines and his body landed on Hines' knee - haven't seen a replay on that play yet, so I could be in error. :hunch:

Preacher
11-19-2006, 09:59 PM
Father - I didn't see that hit as dirty, but we all interpret a late hit differently. Maybe I missed something, but it looked like the first defender missed him and Jones wanted to make sure Hines was down. The way I remember it, Jones attempted to dive across Hines and his body landed on Hines' knee - haven't seen a replay on that play yet, so I could be in error. :hunch:

:toofunny:I have never seen someone try to be so respectful on a board while disagreeing!

Don't worry. I won't take offense!

I was watching it on TIVO.. and replayed it a few times. WHat got me was how the D player planted and launched at his feet as Hines was rolling over.

Now, it IS the Browns... So there is a 90 percent chance I am overreacting!!
Thanks HOMETOWNCHICKIE for calling me on it!:wink02::wink02:

(PS.. Chickie is my wives word for women she likes!)

Stlrs4Life
11-19-2006, 10:36 PM
http://kdka.com/video/?id=22134@kdka.dayport.com

Hines mentions the play in this video.

HometownGal
11-19-2006, 10:45 PM
http://kdka.com/video/?id=22134@kdka.dayport.com

Hines mentions the play in this video.

Thanks, Dom. :smile: Hey - if Hines feels it was a late hit, who am I to disagree with him? He's a man of integrity and if he says it is so, then it is so. It just didn't look that way to me, but as I said above, I haven't seen a replay.

I have never seen someone try to be so respectful on a board while disagreeing!

Don't worry. I won't take offense!

I try to respect everyone, Father, whether I agree or disagree. I'm 40 somethin' and my Mom would still pull the shoe move on me if I wasn't - LOL! :kick: If it doesn't come across that way occasionally, it is never intended to be disrespectful. Thank you for the kind words. :smile:

Preacher
11-19-2006, 10:51 PM
Yep...

He said he thought it was a late hit, however he had to see it on tape. WHo knows??

Atlanta Dan
11-20-2006, 09:00 AM
This from ESPN.com on Ward's status for next week

By John Clayton
? After struggling early against the Browns on Sunday, Ben Roethlisberger finished strong. He clearly plays his best when he remembers to move in and out of the pocket and make plays with his feet. Roethlisberger could be without Hines Ward next weekend. Ward suffered a hyper-extended knee that could sideline him for Sunday's game against Baltimore. The initial word is that he could probably play, but the team won't know until later in the week. It's pretty clear that Ward won't practice until Friday at the earliest.

floodcitygirl
11-20-2006, 09:11 AM

By John Clayton
? After struggling early against the Browns on Sunday, Ben Roethlisberger finished strong. He clearly plays his best when he remembers to move in and out of the pocket and make plays with his feet. Roethlisberger could be without Hines Ward next weekend. Ward suffered a hyper-extended knee that could sideline him for Sunday's game against Baltimore. The initial word is that he could probably play, but the team won't know until later in the week. It's pretty clear that Ward won't practice until Friday at the earliest.We need Hines. I nearly tossed my cookies when I saw him get hit on that play...try to get up...went back down...and then all the limping around. I was glad to see him back in. Here's to hoping all he needs is to rest up to be back again on Sunday. I've got my fingers and toes crossed!

HometownGal
11-20-2006, 09:11 AM

By John Clayton
? After struggling early against the Browns on Sunday, Ben Roethlisberger finished strong. He clearly plays his best when he remembers to move in and out of the pocket and make plays with his feet. Roethlisberger could be without Hines Ward next weekend. Ward suffered a hyper-extended knee that could sideline him for Sunday's game against Baltimore. The initial word is that he could probably play, but the team won't know until later in the week. It's pretty clear that Ward won't practice until Friday at the earliest.

Thanks for the update, Dan. Somehow, I think we're going to see him in there on Sunday - it's almost impossible to keep Hines down. :thumbsup:

Preacher
11-20-2006, 03:47 PM
We need Hines. I nearly tossed my cookies when I saw him get hit on that play...try to get up...went back down...and then all the limping around. I was glad to see him back in. Here's to hoping all he needs is to rest up to be back again on Sunday. I've got my fingers and toes crossed!

Why throw your cookies? What were you tossing them at? The TV? :wink02: