PDA

View Full Version : Whoa....

Sith Lord
11-19-2006, 03:36 PM
That was certainly a doozy. Here are my thoughts:

Again I was thinking to myself maybe Cohwer should pull Ben, he just didnt look like he was into it in the first half, and now again I know there is a reason why other people have head coaching jobs and I dont.

Ben is a champion, period. If there are any doubters, watch the 2nd half today....while you're at it put the tape on of him against altanta before he got hurt. (OL did a good job as well)

Steve Tasker is without question the worst color guy on the CBS roster. (After the 1st and second crew on FOX, they have no one that can call games)

I never thought I'd say this, but hats off to the browns, they played one hell of a football game today.

I'd like to thank the Falcons and the Saints today for showing up to their respective games, the 2 biggest pretenders in the NFL.

The steelers have no one to blame but themselves in regard to their record. There is nothing more frustrating than needing help to make the playoffs.

Meaningful games can come to an end next week if we only show up for one half and continue to turn the ball over.

And finally, can Cedrick Wilson stop the ****ing crying and play football....GET YOU HEAD OUT OF YOUR ASS CED....YOU ARE BETTER THAN THAT!!!!!!

That being said....Good win today boys.

Sharkissle29
11-19-2006, 04:00 PM
My thoughts.....

this team lacks heart at times. 2nd and 6, hines ward could have fought for a first down but just ran out of bounds. 3rd and 1, we dont get the first down...its the little things. you know things are bad when a player like hines ward even does something like this..

nate washington after an interception started to jog after the defender letting him gain more yards.

good win, but this is the difference from last year...maybe this win will give us more confidense and a desire to win

Infamix
11-19-2006, 04:06 PM
My thoughts.....

this team lacks heart at times. 2nd and 6, hines ward could have fought for a first down but just ran out of bounds. 3rd and 1, we dont get the first down...its the little things. you know things are bad when a player like hines ward even does something like this..

nate washington after an interception started to jog after the defender letting him gain more yards.

good win, but this is the difference from last year...maybe this win will give us more confidense and a desire to win

"Hines Ward has no heart" is an oximoron cause Hines is heart. Did that make any sense? No, but never say Hines took the easier route. If that is what he did, he was definitely in some sort of pain, because he will always do anything to make a play.

ChronoCross
11-19-2006, 04:09 PM

Again I was thinking to myself maybe Cohwer should pull Ben, he just didnt look like he was into it in the first half, and now again I know there is a reason why other people have head coaching jobs and I dont.

Ben is a champion, period. If there are any doubters, watch the 2nd half today....while you're at it put the tape on of him against altanta before he got hurt. (OL did a good job as well)

Steve Tasker is without question the worst color guy on the CBS roster. (After the 1st and second crew on FOX, they have no one that can call games)

I never thought I'd say this, but hats off to the browns, they played one hell of a football game today.

I'd like to thank the Falcons and the Saints today for showing up to their respective games, the 2 biggest pretenders in the NFL.

The steelers have no one to blame but themselves in regard to their record. There is nothing more frustrating than needing help to make the playoffs.

Meaningful games can come to an end next week if we only show up for one half and continue to turn the ball over.

And finally, can Cedrick Wilson stop the ****ing crying and play football....GET YOU HEAD OUT OF YOUR ASS CED....YOU ARE BETTER THAN THAT!!!!!!

Boy that comment on cedric is right on the spot. Every time he drops a ball he crys for interference, he shakes his head so many times a game, I really start to worry about that boy. Sometimes I really think he is going to get thrown out of a game do to the way he is hammering on refs at times thru out the season.

Rest of the game I would of loved to seen more of the run game but that did not happen. Browns offense was on the field to long. Steelers Coaches must look at that this week, because the last two weeks, defense has been playing like low ranked one. In order for us to win out, the defense has to step it up.

Holmes INT was thrown to high and basically his fault. Other two I do not blame on Ben.

Awsome comeback way to go Big Ben and Team.

HometownGal
11-19-2006, 04:14 PM

Good points and good post, Sith. :thumbsup:

How can anyone in their right mind question the heart of Hines Ward? The guy gives 150%each and every down whether he is going out for a pass or blocking a defender - whether he is healthy or hurting. He's the very soul of the Pittsburgh Steelers.

Sharkissle29
11-19-2006, 04:17 PM
Good points and good post, Sith. :thumbsup:

How can anyone in their right mind question the heart of Hines Ward? The guy gives 150%each and every down whether he is going out for a pass or blocking a defender - whether he is healthy or hurting. He's the very soul of the Pittsburgh Steelers.

watch the replay and tell me he gave 150%

and im not saying he has no heart, i just thought he could have given more of an effort

HometownGal
11-19-2006, 04:26 PM

and im not saying he has no heart, i just thought he could have given more of an effort

OK. I was off by 1%. He gave 149%. :wink02: :flap:

All kidding aside, St33lers - the one guy on this team whose efforts and hunger to win I have never and won't ever question is that of #86.

Prosdo
11-19-2006, 04:31 PM
All kidding aside, St33lers - the one guy on this team whose efforts and hunger to win I have never and won't ever question is that of #86.

Ditto. The guy came back in the game to play after a shot to the knee.

Black@Gold Forever32
11-19-2006, 04:34 PM
Well it was a good comeback but the Steelers didn't look very interested for 3 quarters. They looked dead out there and then in the 4th quarter they came to life thank God.

Tankus_Maximus
11-19-2006, 04:58 PM
Anyone else out there bothered by our lack of QB pressure on D? The blitzes don't seem to be coming as often, or perhaps they're just getting picked up.

I like mixing up our play-calling and passing on 1 & 2nd downs though.

Ced needs to stop the drama too. Shaddup and play Ced, you're better than that.

MACH1
11-19-2006, 05:09 PM
Anyone else out there bothered by our lack of QB pressure on D? The blitzes don't seem to be coming as often, or perhaps they're just getting picked up.

Yep I think the lack of a pass rush is why teams are lighting it up against us...like Vick,Brees & so on.

Ambridge
11-19-2006, 05:13 PM

I'm bothered that we pretty much couldn't run the ball on Cleveland regardless of the sloppy field conditions.

Also the continuous crappy kickoffs by Reed and the piss poor kick coverage.

Last but not least the commitment to the passing game that Whisenhunt keeps trying to trot out every week.

Haiku_Dirtt
11-19-2006, 05:18 PM
"Hines Ward has no heart" is an oximoron cause Hines is heart. Did that make any sense? No, but never say Hines took the easier route. If that is what he did, he was definitely in some sort of pain, because he will always do anything to make a play.

Completely agree. I don't even know how to respond to someone suggesting that Ward is "taking easier routes" or has "no heart."

X-Terminator
11-19-2006, 05:26 PM

Did you see where Hines got hurt on the final TD drive, was limping around for about 5 minutes...and missed a grand total of ONE play?

But he didn't give 150% and didn't give enough effort. Unbelievable. :dang:

holmes
11-19-2006, 05:40 PM
The worst part of the game was that our D couldn't get that much of a rush on a 3rd string o-line. That's scary. But our team came through, after giving us thousands of heart attacks.

Tankus_Maximus
11-19-2006, 05:42 PM
Seems like we can't get off the field on 3rd down all year. That's a killer.

Sith Lord
11-19-2006, 06:41 PM
can someone find out what our 3rd down coversion percentage was in the 2nd half??? I dont think we missed one.

Elvis
11-19-2006, 06:54 PM
Our defense on 3rd down reminds me of year before last when we Couldnt get off the field... its the same feelings... Good point my thoughts exactly:thumbsup: :tt02: I guess it was 3 years ago when we had so much trouble one defensive 3rd downs..

Sharkissle29
11-19-2006, 06:59 PM
Did you see where Hines got hurt on the final TD drive, was limping around for about 5 minutes...and missed a grand total of ONE play?

But he didn't give 150% and didn't give enough effort. Unbelievable. :dang:

i'm talking about one play here as an example that our team is lacking some heart...even the players feel it, ex. willie parker's interview. i know hines ward is the heart and soul of our team, i was just showing an example

but we won, so im happy

Need4spd
11-19-2006, 07:00 PM

I completely agree with this comment. Hines Ward is heart, all heart, and nothing but heart. He may not be the tallest wide receiver in the league, or the fastest, or the strongest, or have the best hands for that matter (although they're pretty good), but if I were a player, certainly a QB in the NFL, I can't think of anybody with whom I would rather go into battle. What Hines Ward brings to the team both on and off the field cannot be measured on a stat sheet, you can give me that guy any day of the week. :tt02:

Preacher
11-19-2006, 08:39 PM
Here is my observations..

Ward is Ward. No other way to define him. What a stud.

Peezy... Actually showed up and played. Do that every game, and he'll get his contract.

Holmes... I am now neutral about him (this is a good thing.. I was very negative from the offseason and then his potential for running the wrong routes. This means that his stock has risen quite a bit for me).

Parker... Learning how to contribute besides running for a couple hundred yards in a game. That means maturity, and that is great!

Return game... No turnovers... I am keeping my mouth shut!

Roethlisberger... 1 turnover is his fault... but the others weren't exactly thrown at the numbers. However, isn't it nice to be able to come back and win in the 4th quarter?

Cowher... Still lookes lke a puppet on a stick. Just no emotion. I mean, a kick return for a touchdown, 2 or 3 penalties AGAINST THE STEELERS ON THE RETURN. And Cowher just sits there! NO JAW.. No nothing. So sad.