PDA

View Full Version : Pittsburgh vs. Cleveland Gameballs

jaysta
11-19-2006, 04:49 PM
My gameballs this week are going out to Santonio for some outstanding grabs (including his 1st NFL TD) and Willie P. for getting it done when it counts (once again). Who are you all throwing them out to this week?

R2sojr
11-19-2006, 04:52 PM
Ben. For being on the ropes all day then throwing a haymaker and knocking the Browns out...True heart of a champ.

stillers4me
11-19-2006, 04:55 PM
Wow.....tuff call this week.

Everybody that could make the plays did.......Santonio, Ben, Hines, Willie, and Troy.......man, Troy was everywhere we needed him to be.

I'm edging for Ben......he kept his head together, scrambled like a mad man, played smart when it counted at the end and pulled off the win.

Yep.......my game ball goes to Big Ben.

HometownGal
11-19-2006, 04:55 PM
The OL for protecting Ben as well as they did as a unit today. :thumbsup:

I also have to give a game ball to Troy. For a guy who had his brains scrambled like an omelette just 7 days ago, he was all over that field. He certainly proved my apprehension on him playing this week wrong and I'll happily eat my crow sammich. :tt02:

stillers4me
11-19-2006, 04:56 PM
The OL for protecting Ben as well as they did as a unit today. :thumbsup:

I also have to give a game ball to Troy. For a guy who had his brains scrambled like an omelette just 7 days ago, he was all over that field. He certainly proved my apprehension on him playing this week wrong and I'll happily eat my crow sammich. :tt02:

How can you not just LOVE that man!!! He was tearin' up that field!!
:cheers:

Steelers
11-19-2006, 04:58 PM
Mine goes to the defense as a whole. They were on the field an awful lot, and every time that I thought they would wear down and tire out, they'd amaze me.

We sacked Charlie 4 or 5 times I think, forced 2 or 3 fumbles, and Troy's deflection of that crucial 3rd down pass, was paramount to our win.

A deflated game ball goes to special teams. The return for the TD and Reed barely making that field goal need to not happen again.

MACH1
11-19-2006, 05:01 PM
Santonio for making big plays when we needed them and Ben gets a half a ball for the second half comeback:thumbsup: , would give him a whole one but three int's in the first half.

stillers4me
11-19-2006, 05:03 PM
A deflated game ball goes to special teams. The return for the TD and Reed barely making that field goal need to not happen again.

I can't believe he hit the goalpost it the ball got knocked in!!!!!!!! Jeff Reed hasmy gratitude for making the points reliably in the past. But I think this position needs to be addressed in the off season. Thanks for the memories Jeff and good luck to you. As for the rest of special teams........eye yi yi! :dang:

Man_Of_Steel
11-19-2006, 05:08 PM
If you ask me, Ben deserves it. After all of the adversity he had today, turnovers, getting hit pretty hard a few times. He hung in there like a Champion and pulled it out. Man am I glad he is our QB. After all he has been through this year, man I'm telling you we are lucky. He has to work through his life changing acident plus go out there and lead an NFL football team.

This was the best game so far this year in my opinion, what and exciting win! It's too bad the ratbirds won today also though.

tony hipchest
11-19-2006, 05:11 PM
"tough as woodpecker lips" WILLIE PARKER. if he actually carried the ball in the 1st half this game wouldnt have been nearly as close and he couldve had 150+ and 3 tds.

stillers4me
11-19-2006, 05:12 PM
I wanted to see the Bungals go down.....hard. But that's just te kind of gal I am......:wink02:

But I agree....Ben gets the game ball!

MACH1
11-19-2006, 05:19 PM
"tough as woodpecker lips" WILLIE PARKER. if he actually carried the ball in the 1st half this game wouldnt have been nearly as close and he couldve had 150+ and 3 tds.

Probably would of had more carries if they werent tossin the ball all over and gettin it picked off.

Prosdo
11-19-2006, 05:25 PM
Mine goes to Big Ben he played very well that second half.

Haiku_Dirtt
11-19-2006, 05:25 PM
I don't want to say Ben by default. He never gave up.

Troy Polamalu played one helluva game too.

BTW...I can't tell you how glad I was to see Holmes fielding the final return of the game. That's what I love to see from our coaching staff. When we are down to our last chance they send out the most experienced and sure-handed player on the roster. Right? That is what happened. Isn't it? :jawdrop:

stillers4me
11-19-2006, 05:28 PM

BTW...I can't tell you how glad I was to see Holmes fielding the final return of the game. That's what I love to see from our coaching staff. When we are down to our last chance they send out the most experienced and sure-handed player on the roster. Right? That is what happened. Isn't it? :jawdrop:

Santonio IS our most experienced punt returner!!!!!!!! :toofunny:

Mosca
11-19-2006, 05:31 PM
I'd give it to Hines Ward.

Tom

Steelers
11-19-2006, 05:32 PM
Not to be a jerk, but there's already a thread about this on its 2nd page about 6 topics down.

jaysta
11-19-2006, 05:33 PM
Mine goes to the defense as a whole. They were on the field an awful lot, and every time that I thought they would wear down and tire out, they'd amaze me.

We sacked Charlie 4 or 5 times I think, forced 2 or 3 fumbles, and Troy's deflection of that crucial 3rd down pass, was paramount to our win.

Troy was incredible today! :tt02:

SteelCityMan786
11-19-2006, 05:50 PM
all 53. They all deserve it.

Stlrs4Life
11-19-2006, 07:00 PM
Ben, for his pass on 3rd and 20, his pass to Holmes, and the shuffle pass to Parker.

Preacher
11-19-2006, 07:28 PM

As soon as he caught it, I yelled out....

NOW HOLD ON TO THE BALL!!

My wife was sitting next to me on the couch and doubled over laughing at me.

Black@Gold Forever32
11-19-2006, 07:46 PM
Well I would give it to Santonio Holmes. On his TD he saw Ben move around and got open for his QB and scored the TD. You can see every week that Santonio Holmes is getting more comfortable as a WR in this league. Good job Holmes. Plus no fumbles on his punt returns today.

HometownGal
11-19-2006, 08:53 PM
Ben, for his pass on 3rd and 20, his pass to Holmes, and the shuffle pass to Parker.

OMG, Stlrs4L - the dreaded shuffle pass - always scares the bejesus out of me! Thank God the situation was perfect for it on that play. Those can turn deadly in the blink of an eye. :jawdrop:

NV STEELERS 723
11-19-2006, 09:00 PM
How bout giving a GAME BALL to BILL COWHER for sticking w/ BEN...even after throwing 3 tipped INT'S in the first half?????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ??????????????????????????????????????

Preacher
11-19-2006, 09:14 PM
How bout giving a GAME BALL to BILL COWHER for sticking w/ BEN...even after throwing 3 tipped INT'S in the first half?????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ?????????????????????????????????????????????????? ??????????????????????????????????????

I agree it is great that Cowher stuck with him. But until I see more out of Cowher this year, I can't really give him a game ball.

Maybe a deflated game ball.. or a half pumped up one.

Maybe a basketball!

But not a fully pumped up game ball...

Maybe even a kicker football.. 3/4 pumped up.

But not a full game ball!

Steelers
11-19-2006, 09:19 PM

That's just a given. You don't bench your franchise QB.

floodcitygirl
11-19-2006, 09:25 PM
Troy's the man!!! :tt02:

bradness113
11-20-2006, 10:03 AM
BEN
ENOUGH SAID

WARD
ENOUGH SAID

TROY
ENOUGH SAID

As long as we have them....

:tt02: :tt02: :tt02::helmet::tt02: :tt02: :tt02:

SteelerFanInCA
11-20-2006, 12:20 PM
I'd have to give my game ball to Ben. He bounced back from a pretty ugly first half and lead the team for two TD's.

memphissteelergirl
11-20-2006, 12:28 PM
I think the game ball has to go to Big Ben this week....came back from a sucky first half to lead a great comeback! :tt02: :tt02:

But must give props to the defense....

sumo
11-20-2006, 01:44 PM
Troy is the man this week- but he shouldn't have played - I'm afraid we haven't seen the last of his concussion problems this year...

polamalufan43
11-20-2006, 02:02 PM
My game ball is shared between Troy and Ben.
Troy because he came and played and shut down any doubters
Ben because he kept a cool head and helped with a great comeback.

~Polamalufan43:tt02:

ARKIESTEEL
11-20-2006, 02:03 PM
I thought big Casey played one hell of a game as well as Brett Keisel......so my game ball would be shared by those two......might give half a game ball to Sean Moray just cause I like the little guy

klick81
11-20-2006, 04:00 PM
You gotta start making these into polls! By the way...let's not forget Hampton forced a fumble!!!

Preacher
11-20-2006, 05:51 PM
You gotta start making these into polls! By the way...let's not forget Hampton forced a fumble!!!

Yep.. How in the world can a man that fat run that fast?

BTW... I drove through LA Saturday... Man.. You can keep it! Even the Bay area (S.F) traffic isn't as bad as that!

klick81
11-20-2006, 06:14 PM
Yep.. How in the world can a man that fat run that fast?

BTW... I drove through LA Saturday... Man.. You can keep it! Even the Bay area (S.F) traffic isn't as bad as that!

Ugh...tell me about it :banging: It takes me about an hour and fifteen minutes to drive 14 FREAKIN' MILES each way (home/work) every day. Most of the time, public transportation is not an option due to my schedule.

clevestinks
11-20-2006, 06:33 PM
The Game? Troy! Tracking down Edwards after another misjudged Taylor ball. Then when we needed a huge three and out, he had two tackles for losses, and a knocked down pass. And I think he had his hands on both jump balls.

Troy is a animal.

Ben came up huge but it takes more than that for a game ball. Why so late?

PAMillerGrrl83
11-20-2006, 09:11 PM
Ben. For being on the ropes all day then throwing a haymaker and knocking the Browns out...True heart of a champ.

I agree. :iagree:

jaysta
11-21-2006, 05:37 PM
By the looks of it, most Steelers fans think that Troy and Ben deserve the game balls...two great choices. Here's to keeping the mojo going for another week! :cheers:

Elvis
11-21-2006, 05:53 PM
:tt02:
My Vote Goes To Ben
Simply because he is proving to be such a warrior and I respect that:thumbsup: :hug: :tt02: :helmet: :wave:

noto45
11-21-2006, 07:53 PM
BEN BEN BEN BEN BEN:banana: :jammin: :banana: :jammin: :banana: :jammin: