PDA

View Full Version : Miller Signed

BB2W
07-26-2005, 04:43 PM
I was just watching NFL Live and the last thing they said was "This just in. Heath Miller, the first TE taken in the draft has signed with the Steelers". The deal is reportedly for 5 years 6.89 million 2.5 signing bounus. Actual terms have not been released.....

-Update-

Tuesday, July 26, 2005

By Ed Bouchette, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

The Steelers today came to a five-year contract agreement with first-round draft choice Heath Miller, five days before the start of training camp.

According to a source close to the negotiations, Miller will earn at least $6.89 million over the five years and as much as $9.4 million through escalator clauses and incentives. Of that, $4.542 million is guaranteed and comes largely in the form of a $2.5 million signing bonus he receives now and another $1.45 million option bonus next March.

Miller, a 6-foot-5 tight end from the University of Virginia, was the 30th player taken in the draft.

Also today, seventh-round draft choice Noah Herron, a running back from Northwestern, agreed on a three-year deal.

Those rookie contract agreements leave the Steelers with just two of their eight draft picks unsigned - second-rounder Bryant McFadden and third-rounder Trai Essex.

link....http://www.pittsburghpostgazette.com/pg/05207/544033.stm

RoethlisBURGHer
07-26-2005, 05:00 PM
http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/05207/544033.stm

By Ed Bouchette, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

The Steelers today came to a five-year contract agreement with first-round draft choice Heath Miller, five days before the start of training camp.

According to a source close to the negotiations, Miller will earn at least $6.89 million over the five years and as much as $9.4 million through escalator clauses and incentives. Of that, $4.542 million is guaranteed and comes largely in the form of a $2.5 million signing bonus he receives now and another $1.45 million option bonus next March.

Miller, a 6-foot-5 tight end from the University of Virginia, was the 30th player taken in the draft.

Also today, seventh-round draft choice Noah Herron, a running back from Northwestern, agreed on a three-year deal.

Those rookie contract agreements leave the Steelers with just two of their eight draft picks unsigned - second-rounder Bryant McFadden and third-rounder Trai Essex.

Well this is good news...and I heard that they said on NFL Live that they signed McFadden too!

RoethlisBURGHer
07-26-2005, 05:01 PM
Just posted it too,lol.I heard that they also said in NFL Live that McFadden signed.

BB2W
07-26-2005, 05:15 PM
Gotta check the forums before you post.... :buttkick: You were way late. :blurp:

I was watching NFL Live, and I didn't here anything about McFadden???

Stlrs4Life
07-26-2005, 05:18 PM
Exccellent news. The next 2 will fall into place in the next couple of days. Everybody hates to be the last 1 signed.

BB2W
07-26-2005, 05:22 PM
Exccellent news. The next 2 will fall into place in the next couple of days. Everybody hates to be the last 1 signed.

I can't wait to see him and Ben in action.....I think it is a fair deal, but if he hit some incentives it may be a bit much for a TE. I hope he is the real deal!!! :hope:

clevestinks
07-26-2005, 06:08 PM
good deal! I think this is a good contract. Fair anyway. Now lets get McFadden inked.

Prosdo
07-26-2005, 07:42 PM
Glad we got him under contract. I agree BB2W I can't wait to see this guy play.

mhenry07
07-26-2005, 08:09 PM
Great new but I also think it's a lot for a rookie TE. Hope they still have some money for Hines...

BlitzburghRockCity
07-26-2005, 08:22 PM
I merged the 2 threads about Heath signing :D

This is great news, we need every single rookie and vet in camp on time, no exceptions.. if we're gonna pick up where we left off in 2004, we cant have any distractions like this.

Congrats to Heath and Steelers for getting it done! Now lets ink mcfadden and get Hines under an extension!

Nothing on KFFL or the usual other sites about mcFadden yet.

Mean Machine
07-26-2005, 10:12 PM
Yes let's get McFadden and Essex in here before the weekend, so when I head down to Latrobe next Friday, they can sign my football...

I'm so damn excited, shit, I don't even know if I could crash out tonight!

BlitzburghRockCity
07-27-2005, 01:49 AM
Its getting closer and closer, and miller signing right now is huge for us!!

ironcitychef
07-27-2005, 11:13 AM
Should set the scale for the other rookies salaries to cascade down. Just in time.