PDA

View Full Version : Holmes vs. Wilson

ajs8207
11-19-2006, 06:26 PM
With Santonio having a good game and with Cedrick being himself, does anyone else think its time for Santonio to be the starting reciever across from Hines?

Haiku_Dirtt
11-19-2006, 06:32 PM
Pick your poison.

In a perfect world all of our receivers (maybe except for Hines) would spend the rest of the week chopping wood in pink pajamas on Jack Lambert's ranch. Just an idea.

tony hipchest
11-19-2006, 06:34 PM
Pick your poison.

In a perfect world all of our receivers (maybe except for Hines) would spend the rest of the week chopping wood in pink pajamas on Jack Lambert's ranch. Just an idea.

lol. holmes is the future. wilson is not.

NV STEELERS 723
11-19-2006, 07:52 PM
So if Holmes started, do you think BC would pull him from PR's ???

Stlrs4Life
11-19-2006, 08:07 PM
So if Holmes started, do you think BC would pull him from PR's ???

You would think. With the kinda season we are having, yes Holmes should be the starter. We can cut Wilson after this season. I'm sorry that we cut Morgan.

ROYND1
11-19-2006, 08:14 PM
I do think Holmes should be starting.Over the last six games he has had atleast 50 yards recieving,that's coming off the bench.You can really see the improvment in him and Wilson sucks!!! I think he's gonna turn out to be a great pick. :thumbsup: That being said I still don't want him returning punts!!!:dang:

OneForTheToe
11-19-2006, 11:19 PM
Well , I'm not sure who is listed as the starter is all that important. I think Santonio is playing about half the regular snaps and almost all the multiple sets. What they have been doing seems to be working better the last couple of weeks anyways.

83-Steelers-43
11-20-2006, 11:00 AM
http://www.post-gazette.com/images4/20061120wap_fbn_holmesPJ_450.jpg

Haiku_Dirtt
11-20-2006, 12:57 PM
I'm sorry that we cut Morgan.

Touche. It's one thing to cut Morgan and dress Reid. It's another to cut Morgan and leave Reid in street clothes for how many games.

Didn't understand it then. Don't understand it now

SteelerFanInCA
11-20-2006, 01:13 PM
Holmes seems to be getting better with each game. While Wilson seems to be slipping behind with each game. Holmes is definitley the future and him and Ben seem to have a pretty good chemistry going. I say keep building and go with Holmes.

clevestinks
11-20-2006, 03:12 PM
With Santonio having a good game and with Cedrick being himself, does anyone else think its time for Santonio to be the starting reciever across from Hines?

Holmes grew up a little yesterday, he did have his usual drop, but when he saw Ben was in trouble he moved to the open spots. I say its time.

sumo
11-20-2006, 04:14 PM
I think the best receiver on the team after Ward is Miller - I think we should be making the TE a much bigger part of the offense - use Santonio's speed to clear ...but I wouldn't rely on him or Wilson - we should be using the run to set up mid range plays for Miller like the Falcons do for Crumpler...

boss hog
11-20-2006, 04:30 PM
Holmes grew up a little yesterday, he did have his usual drop, but when he saw Ben was in trouble he moved to the open spots. I say its time.

his usual drop?? i read that was his first drop of the season.....

ChronoCross
11-20-2006, 04:53 PM
If Holmes would not of missed part of camp, I think we would of seen him being more part of the team with better performance now. It hurts when a rookie misses part of camp. Has to cram in a play book in a short time, learn the routes in a short time, not a lot of time with Ben. There is reasons for busted routes and why him and Ben look at each other at times. But he has been getting better with each week of practice and each game. There is a bright future for this kid if he keeps improving each game and keeps hold of the ball.

SteelersMongol
11-21-2006, 08:00 AM
I see Holmes is improving. But I say use both. :tt02: It's too early to say we don't need Wilson. I love Wilson. And yes, I still don't understand why on earth we cut Morgan. :dang: