PDA

View Full Version : Peyton Manning is choking again............

stillers4me
11-19-2006, 07:13 PM
.....gasp.....gag..........

We can take them. :helmet:

Atlanta Dan
11-19-2006, 07:28 PM
For us to take care of Peyton we still need for Peyton to take care of the Bengals in mid-December (among 1 in a series of events that need to play out).

That defense is still going to cost the Colts when it counts in the playoffs - the Colts are like the late 70s/early 80s Chargers - can't win with just offense.

SteelCityMan786
11-19-2006, 07:30 PM
The pressure to go unbeaten must be getting to him.

Livinginthe past
11-19-2006, 07:33 PM
Tough loss today for the Colts.

They have been amazing at pulling out close games this year.

Peyton looked confused at times playing against the 3-4 that Parcells (or his d-coach) cooked up - if you dont mess with his timing patterns your DB's are toast.

A well executed game by the Dallas D - the offense kept running the ball to wear the Colts down and at the end they couldnt stop dallas from driving.

Another impressive game by Mr Romo - I hate to think what Bledsoe is going to make of this in his blog.

NM

tony hipchest
11-19-2006, 07:59 PM
.....gasp.....gag..........

We can take them. :helmet:ben would have to choke his way to the playoffs first.

stillers4me
11-19-2006, 08:09 PM
ben would have to choke his way to the playoffs first.

Whatever works!!!

I wonder who Peyton will throw under the bus this time??????????

PisnNapalm
11-19-2006, 08:49 PM
/me pats himself on the back.

I picked Dallas to win the game this week. All of my pool picks were good except..... the Steelers. I had us -4. So it's apush and I lose. shazbot!! But atleast we won! :o)

Black@Gold Forever32
11-19-2006, 08:53 PM
Well living here in Colts country and having to put up with all the Colts fans around me. I really enjoyed seeing the Colts going down today. Plus seeing Tony Romo out play Golden Boy Peyton Manning was great. Now Peyton Manning is a great QB and will be a first ballot Hall of Famer. But I'm willing to bet that Peyton never wins a Super Bowl. He folds like a lawn chair in the playoffs. His 3-6 record in the playoff speaks for itself. Plus Peyton never won the big one in college. I find it funny in 1998 the Vols won it all with Tee Martin at QB but Peyton couldn't get the Vols over the top in his four years there. People can talk all the smack they want about Ben. But he still has more rings then Golden Boy.

Petesburgh66
11-20-2006, 12:55 AM
Is it me or does the sulking country bumpkin have problems with 3-4 Ds? Sure looks like it.

Ambridge
11-20-2006, 01:39 AM
There's nothing comparable than watching Peyton Manning when he is losing and getting frustrated.

Ripping down the chin straps from his helmet.........throwing his hands up in the air in disgust after a bad play.........motioning to the refs for either a pass interference or illegal contact penalty when one of his passes flutters to the ground incomplete.

Priceless indeed!!

Hines0wnz
11-20-2006, 01:59 AM
I guess it sucks being the best QB in the NFL when you lose. :yawn:

Black@Gold Forever32
11-20-2006, 09:46 AM
I guess it sucks being the best QB in the NFL when you lose. :yawn:

Tom Brady didn't lose yesterday. The Pats won 35-0. Until Peyton improves on that great 3-6 playoff record of his he will have nothing on Tom Brady. I hate Brady but the guy has three Super Bowl rings and doesn't play in Dome. He also hasn't had All-Pro talent all over the place on the offensive side of the ball. The Colts have always been stacked on the offensive side of the ball. People keep on saying that Peyton Manning is this generations Dan Marino. Hey Peyton isn't even that since he has never gotten his team to the Super Bowl. At least Marino did that and he never had a great defense just like Peyton Manning. Plus the Dolphins had some good talent around Marino on offense but nowhere the talent that Peyton Manning had around him. Peyton Manning folds like a lawn chair in the playoffs and always will. I wish people could quit slobbing on his knob for just awhile.

Mosca
11-20-2006, 09:49 AM
The hard thing was having to root for Dallas. But I do kind of like Romo.

Tom

83-Steelers-43
11-20-2006, 10:38 AM
IMO, this loss might be what a team like Indy needs.

Livinginthe past
11-20-2006, 10:45 AM
The irony was that that game was about as well as the Colts have played defensively all season against team that is very capable of moving the ball and scoring points.

I think the Eagles definitely have a D capable of rattling Manning again - the question is can Garcia and Westbrook combine for enough points to win the game?

NM

Atlanta Dan
11-20-2006, 11:22 AM
The team coming up in Peyton's rear view mirror that is the likely suspect to blow him up in the playoffs this time is San Diego.

As LITP has noted, the way to beat the Colts is to run the ball - I hear the Chargers have a pretty fair running back.

Of course they also still have Marty as their coach - Marty v. Dungy is the resisistible playoff force meeting the movable playoff object.

Black@Gold Forever32
11-20-2006, 11:27 AM
The team coming up in Peyton's rear view mirror that is the likely suspect to blow him up in the playoffs this time is San Diego.

As LITP has noted, the way to beat the Colts is to run the ball - I hear the Chargers have a pretty fair running back.

Of course they also still have Marty as their coach - Marty v. Dungy is the resisistible playoff force meeting the movable playoff object.

I agree with you that the Chargers have a great shot at beating the Colts. Yea that LT is pretty good. Only 22 TD's in 10 games. What a bum? The only thing that could hurt the Chargers is Philip Rivers. The guy is playing well and is going to be a very good QB in this league. But he has never started a playoff game yet. So that could hurt the Chargers. Just look at Peyton Manning. He will be a first ballot Hall of Famer but he is 3-6 in the playoffs.

Livinginthe past
11-20-2006, 11:45 AM

Ha.

Thats the best quote I have seen on here in a long time.

When I get bored of reading about how great the Patriots are at overcoming injuries :smile: i'll probably make it a signature for a while.

Thanks for the laugh Dan.

NM

PAMillerGrrl83
11-20-2006, 10:38 PM
Have we nothing better to do with our time than to rag on another team. I'm not a Colts fan at all but I see no sense in ragging on Peyton Manning or the Colts, they are a good football team. They dont play like the Steelers but still they are good, the Cowboys played a good game but loosing to the Cowboys might be what Indy needs. Peyton may never win a Superbowl but he's still a good quarterback, he's no Big Ben but hes still an awesome QB in every sense, he just gets frazzled under pressure. Would we take anything away from Brett Favre...no of course not, I think its senseless to rag on Manning and the Colts when we have our own team to cheer and pull for.

I have to thank my fiance` for this lil rant, hes a HUGE Colts fan so I heard this all day Sunday while I was rubbing it in that my Steelers won.