PDA

View Full Version : Do you believe?

Busforever
11-19-2006, 07:56 PM
6 games left. Maybe I'm crazy, but I think we can win all of them. Our team is talented enough and has the fighting spirit to do it. Big Ben is playing better when he leaves a field healthy and shows he can lead the team to a win even without ground game (great second half), and finally we just saw a game without any fumble given. Maybe the young players finally learned lessons...

Everything has to click if we want to win against Baltimore, Cincinnati or Carolina, but when you look at schedule, in every games, we have a chance to win.

Just imagine: 8 wins in a row, that would be our way to go to the playoffs... crazier than last year :tt02:

Of course, there's no place for another mistake. Or we will remember the 13-20 against Oakland:banging:

Elvis
11-19-2006, 07:59 PM
I agree friend... we have a chance it may only be about 40% but we have a chance... our turnovers like today cannot happen against the Ravens Panthers and Bungals...:wave:

Stlrs4Life
11-19-2006, 08:02 PM
You guys are way more optimistic than I am.

SuckItUp
11-19-2006, 08:12 PM

:iagree:

MACH1
11-19-2006, 08:17 PM

Somewhere between slim and none.:shake02: :crying03:

tony hipchest
11-19-2006, 08:19 PM
its a .01% chance but its a chance, nevertheless. our opportunities were in the 1st half of the season

SteelersMongol
11-19-2006, 08:25 PM
I agree friend... we have a chance it may only be about 40% but we have a chance... our turnovers like today cannot happen against the Ravens Panthers and Bungals...:wave:

I thought we would eat them Browns up so easily. I couldn't watch the game, but seemed like hard fought one like last game against the Saints. But still, I think we could win the rest of the games. And yes, there is no room for mistakes, when everything is at stake!

I BELIEVE!!! :tt02:

SteelCityMan786
11-19-2006, 08:27 PM
I'm born a Believer.

steelergirlrocks
11-19-2006, 08:34 PM
We CAN do it. I believe.

Atlanta Dan
11-19-2006, 08:37 PM
Watch the highlights of Falcons-Ravens, look at how the game turned on kick returns by the Ravens, and then try to figure out what our kickoff strategy will be next week (best options appear to be kicking it out of bounds or trying an onside kick every time).

Today's win was entertaining and since I regard the season as lost I was able to sit back and enjoy the game but not forget what is was about - the battle for the AFC North basement.

I am not particularly fired up by come from behind wins over a fading Saints team and a dysfunctional Browns team.

HometownGal
11-19-2006, 10:02 PM
I believe simply because I've always held the belief that anything out there is possible if you want it badly enough. That being said, however, though I am the eternal optimist, I'm not blind. If the Steelers play for only 15 minutes per game in their upcoming match-ups as they did today, all of the belief in the world isn't going to mean diddly squat. They have to start playing football for 60 minutes in each of their remaining games to have a prayer and pull off that miracle.

NV STEELERS 723
11-19-2006, 10:04 PM
the Ravens.....that game is gonna keep me awake.... I hate them!

Preacher
11-19-2006, 10:08 PM
I say we have about 5 percent chance. But as I have posted in other places... 5 percent for the Steelers is very different then 5 percent for any other team.

Stlrs4Life
11-19-2006, 10:38 PM
Watch the highlights of Falcons-Ravens, look at how the game turned on kick returns by the Ravens, and then try to figure out what our kickoff strategy will be next week (best options appear to be kicking it out of bounds or trying an onside kick every time).

Today's win was entertaining and since I regard the season as lost I was able to sit back and enjoy the game but not forget what is was about - the battle for the AFC North basement.

I am not particularly fired up by come from behind wins over a fading Saints team and a dysfunctional Browns team.

Good points Atlanta Dan. But I don't think the Saints will fade. They are done now with the AFC North.

Steelers
11-19-2006, 10:47 PM
Football season's so short. It's my favorite time of the year. As unlikely as it may (and does) seem, if Black & Gold runs through your veins, do you really have a choice?

In Cowher We Trust
11-20-2006, 03:08 PM
you have to belive

clevestinks
11-20-2006, 03:21 PM
its a .01% chance but its a chance, nevertheless. our opportunities were in the 1st half of the season

:tt02: Its a little :toofunny: better than that, and yes I believe!:tt02:

sumo
11-20-2006, 05:21 PM

You might be kidding when you say kick it out of bounds every time, but I think it's a good idea - who cares if you give them decent field position? - you don't play your biggest weakness against their greatest strength - and I am referring to punts also - don't even try - STs - is our biggest problem right now...

Atlanta Dan
11-20-2006, 06:41 PM
You might be kidding when you say kick it out of bounds every time, but I think it's a good idea - who cares if you give them decent field position? - you don't play your biggest weakness against their greatest strength - and I am referring to punts also - don't even try - STs - is our biggest problem right now...

This actually turned out to be Ed.B. from the P-G's question of the day - I am not the only one who has given up on the coverage teams

Question: Ed: Why not suggest that the Steelers intentionally kick every kickoff and punt out of bounds? Giving the opponents starting position at the 40 is a lot better than watching the futility of the coverage teams.

Don Stewart, Apollo, Pa.

BOUCHETTE: You must sit next to me in the press box. I've said that any number of times. They've tried pooch kicking it a few times and that hasn't worked and it looks as though Bill Cowher just really does not want to kick off deep and watch his coverage team give up another long return. I asked special teams co-captain Sean Morey after the game in Cleveland why they don't try just kicking it out of bounds, not risk a return and get a guaranteed start at the 40. He said it's been suggested, although he did not tell my by whom. I think ego is a big reason they don't do it. It's something that's just not done.

Given Bouchette's online comments, as opposed to what he writes for the dead trees version of the P-G, I think it would be a hoot to hear his running commentary on the game from the press box.

Preacher
11-20-2006, 06:56 PM
This actually turned out to be Ed.B. from the P-G's question of the day - I am not the only one who has given up on the coverage teams

Question: Ed: Why not suggest that the Steelers intentionally kick every kickoff and punt out of bounds? Giving the opponents starting position at the 40 is a lot better than watching the futility of the coverage teams.

Don Stewart, Apollo, Pa.

BOUCHETTE: You must sit next to me in the press box. I've said that any number of times. They've tried pooch kicking it a few times and that hasn't worked and it looks as though Bill Cowher just really does not want to kick off deep and watch his coverage team give up another long return. I asked special teams co-captain Sean Morey after the game in Cleveland why they don't try just kicking it out of bounds, not risk a return and get a guaranteed start at the 40. He said it's been suggested, although he did not tell my by whom. I think ego is a big reason they don't do it. It's something that's just not done.

Given Bouchette's online comments, as opposed to what he writes for the dead trees version of the P-G, I think it would be a hoot to hear his running commentary on the game from the press box.

I GOT IT... EXPLODING FOOTBALLS! TRYING RUNNING THAT BACK!!

By the way... For security officials... Homeland security... TSA... NFL security, etc... I WAS JUST KIDDING. THIS IS NOT A SERIOUS POST!

blackngoldbaby
11-20-2006, 07:06 PM
the Ravens.....that game is gonna keep me awake.... I hate them!

yes i hate them too!! very much and its going to be a long week surrounded by ratbird fans scince i live in Maryland i will never here the end of it LORD HELP ME!:banging:

iloveben7
11-20-2006, 07:09 PM
6 games left. Maybe I'm crazy, but I think we can win all of them. Our team is talented enough and has the fighting spirit to do it. Big Ben is playing better when he leaves a field healthy and shows he can lead the team to a win even without ground game (great second half), and finally we just saw a game without any fumble given. Maybe the young players finally learned lessons...

Everything has to click if we want to win against Baltimore, Cincinnati or Carolina, but when you look at schedule, in every games, we have a chance to win.

Just imagine: 8 wins in a row, that would be our way to go to the playoffs... crazier than last year :tt02:

Of course, there's no place for another mistake. Or we will remember the 13-20 against Oakland:banging:

I BELIEVE IN THE PITTSBURGH STEELERS THAT THEY WILL WIN THE SUPERBOWL AGAIN!!

SteelersWoman
11-20-2006, 07:29 PM
seemed like hard fought one like last game against the Saints...

It wouldn't have had to be so "hard fought" if our guys hadn't have had the 1st, 2nd, and some of the first 3 quarters that they did. Big Ben just wasn't comfortable, the receivers weren't catching well, and the O line was lettin up a little too much--and they never got a running crease opened for Willie.

The last 1/2 of the 3rd and the 4th quarters was when I felt that the team as a whole started playin much better.

It's very difficult to win games when they're not playin the full 4 quarters the way they should. We are lucky that the Browns kind of were taken by surprise by the way they started playin. I think it shocked them enough to make them a little scared of what could happen with our guys playin better. A better team might not've let up on us.

That being said...they never enter the field that I don't think "This is it--they're gonna have the best game ever!" And I know they're capable of it...

So while I know it's a long shot, (and I am a realist and will be able to handle it well if they can't) but I still have hope--and WILL have hope until someone says it's completely impossible :jammin:

stillers4me
11-20-2006, 08:07 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/sueincinci/Steelers/steelers-piss-on-doubterscopy.jpg

herewegosteelers
11-21-2006, 01:18 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/sueincinci/Steelers/steelers-piss-on-doubterscopy.jpg

I love that picture. I would love to have that as as bumper sticker. Where you get it:sofunny: "piss on em" I agree!!!!!!!!!!:tt02:

stlrtruck
11-21-2006, 01:28 PM
We've got a winning streak going. YOu've gotta believe!

OX1947
11-21-2006, 01:51 PM
If the ravens werent 8-2, I would be a little optimistic. But I think the way the AFC is, the only way you get into the playoffs is an 11-5 record like last year. Unless the division is weak. I think the only way we go into the playoffs is if we win out and win the tie breaker against the ravens....But then again, the bengals might hit a hot streak, so its just too soon to know. We should know in a couple of weeks.