PDA

View Full Version : Najeh Davenport

Sharkissle29
11-20-2006, 12:54 AM
Is it just me or whenever the opposing team kicks to Najeh, i always think he has a shot to go all the way. i know he hasnt really even been close returning one but i love the way this big guy runs,,,he's deceptively fast and i think he will show to be a great pickup for the steelers in the future.

but thats just me, just wondering if anyone else views him like i do

83-Steelers-43
11-20-2006, 12:59 AM
On KR's: I like him. As stated in a previous thread dealing with Najeh on KR's, I'll take anything that doesn't fumble or bobble the ball at this point in time.

On running the ball: Maybe it's just me, but it seems he goes down easy for a big guy.

Preacher
11-20-2006, 01:23 AM
Sean Morey was talking about him in a news article I was reading tonight. He said that when he played against him, Najeh was very tough to tackle, especially when he got a head of steam!

BlacknGold76
11-20-2006, 01:29 AM
He had some great years in Green Bay, and if he plays here with the Steelers like he did in GB, watch out. Good pick up by the Steelers. Najeh still has plenty to contribute to this team.:tt02: :tt02:

brind666
11-20-2006, 01:56 AM
he is awesome retuning kicks, but i would like to see him running the ball more....

he had 2 carries for 11 yards.. why not use him more when parker only averaged below 3 yards...........????????????????

OneForTheToe
11-20-2006, 01:57 AM
I like Najeh. If the Steelers can sign him, I certainly hope they will. Najeh can help the Steelers in a number of different roles. Besides return and short yardage, he can be the main backup rb and might even be able to compete for the role of third down back in the passing game.

As for the comment about Najeh going down easy, I do think at times Najeh runs a bit upright for a power back. Still, he has looked tough on a number of runs this year. Was it against KC that he cracked the endzone in a short yardage situation?

SteelersWoman
11-20-2006, 02:05 AM
he had 2 carries for 11 yards.. why not use him more when parker only averaged below 3 yards...........????????????????

Maybe it's because he's more injury prone than Willie, and they're afraid of him gettin hurt with the games we have left? I really don't know, but that's the way it appears to me.

I just know that I trust Najeh back there 1000 times more than I do Santonio on returns.

Preacher
11-20-2006, 03:15 AM
Change of pace backs typically get a better YPC , because they are in on none runnign downs and the defense doesn't set for the run. I love the way he returns kicks.

Makes sense... Especially when it is going to take a couple guys to bring him down.

brind666
11-20-2006, 08:11 AM
hm still i would use him more as a RB :-)

HometownGal
11-20-2006, 08:27 AM
I believe Najeh is going to come to pass as a great acquisition by the Steelers. He isn't the Bus, but he definitely could fill some of that void in our backfield if given more opportunities. I am amazed at the speed this guy has for being such a hulk! We may be seeing his backfield talents a little more this week in Ratsville, as we may need him to get through the Rats' DL - they're awfully tough against the run. No huddle + Najeh = headaches for the Rats. :tt02:

SteelerFanInCA
11-20-2006, 12:51 PM
Hopefully his groin injury isn't too serious and doesn't keep him out of the this week's game.

ChronoCross
11-20-2006, 01:41 PM
I know peoples hearts are in the right place but Willie is the key to get going with good blocking. Davenport even had a groin problem against the Browns and did not return. You know what they have been saying about him in the fantasy world going back to when he was with the packers.

Fantasy owners with Ahman Green who drafted Najeh as insurance have to be getting a little sick of hearing about his non-stop injuries. What good is insurance if the insurance is injured all the time?

Maybe we should just start letting everyone know when Davenport is actually healthy. If you don't hear back from us, just assume he's got something wrong with him.

Shocking. Najeh appears on the injury report more often than Chad Johnson gets fined.

Davenport's fantasy value, even as a handcuff to Ahman Green, is dropping like a rock. If he's still on your roster as insurance against a Green injury, we'd urge you to put the roster spot to better use.

I would keep Daven to KR, possible more a 3rd down backs duties. Do not over play him because he might just turn up injured and back in the hot tube. I like the guy and what he brings but we have to watch and make sure he can stay healthy first. It might just be another short time deal like Duce and him sitting in his sweats later on in the season looking like Duce.