PDA

View Full Version : D helps out ben AGAIN...........!!!!!!

brind666
11-20-2006, 03:01 AM
so another 3 int. game by ben..... why do we run the football only 18 times with this qb under center ?? we will NEVER be a pass first team with ben under center... i have stopped counting his ints. this year.... he is a good qb but thats it... believe me he will NEVER make a pro bowl..

Preacher
11-20-2006, 04:27 AM
Brind....

Take this step by step.
1. Ben only had 1 interception that was his fault. The other two were tips that the receiver should have caught instead of tipping the ball for a DB.

2. Go back to last year... we were actually equal or a tad pass first last year. What happened was that in the second half, we shut down the game by running the ball AFTER WE HAD THE LEAD. This year, our DB's can't stop a Peewee football team. As a result, we have to keep passing inorder to catch up and win.

3. Consider the fact that these games are games the Steelers traditionally LOSE. Why? Because when they get down by 10 or 13 points, they never had the quick strike weapons to come back and win.

4. The Browns are set up to stop the run. We drove on them when we spread out four and five wide.

5. Go back and look at SB teams. What was the last run first team to win the SB? Not Pittsburgh last year, Willie didn't even get 100 yards. Patriots? NOPE. Maybe the Ravens. Before then? Not the Rams. Not Tampa Bay, go back to the cowboys... Run first teams don't win SB's because they don't have the quick strike capability to come back in the 4th quarter.

6. Along with point 5... How many AFL championship games did we lose because we were run first? I can only think of one season when we were really balanced... and we won the SB.

Don't worry about Ben. His ONE interception in a trade for comeback abilities is completely acceptable. What is not, is our recievers tipping balls to DB's.

X-Terminator
11-20-2006, 04:41 AM
I swear to God, does anyone pay attention to the games anymore? 2 of those INTs were deflections of CATCHABLE BALLS, so again...how is that Ben's fault? Does the fact that he led the comeback in the 4th quarter even count for anything? Ben showed the heart and will of a champion in that game yesterday, but apparently, that isn't good enough for some people. It's perfection or the pine every time.

Steel Pit
11-20-2006, 04:54 AM
I say that we send the "Ben Bashers" to the Mark Malone, Bubby Brister, Kordell Stewart and Tommy Maddox Hall of Shame. I don't know? Maybe the Ben Bashers weren't around when the aforementioned QB's played for the Steelers. If they were they would certainly learn to appreciate the QB that we have today.

Besides Indianapolis, New England and probably Cincinnati, I think that all other NFL front offices would swap QB's with the Steelers without any hesitation.

Indy_Steelers
11-20-2006, 06:56 AM
Does the fact that he led the comeback in the 4th quarter even count for anything? Ben showed the heart and will of a champion in that game yesterday, but apparently, that isn't good enough for some people. It's perfection or the pine every time.

:iagree:

He may never make the pro bowl but he has made the Super Bowl.
That is all that matters to me.
The bottom line - Ben played an awesome 4th quarter and we beat the Browns.
I do not care how ugly it was, we beat the Browns.
And if you think about it, their offense has not scored on us in the last 2 games played.
That TD that ben threw to Willie Parker was awesome!!!! Ben played in the second half like he has played in the past. That TD also reminded of the TD that Bettis scored against Jacksonville to beat them a few years back.
I have nothing negative to say because I do not care how it is done or how ugly it looks
WE BEAT THE BROWNS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :tt02: :cheers: :jammin: :banana: :flap:

ARKIESTEEL
11-20-2006, 07:38 AM
:tt02: I say that we send the "Ben Bashers" to the Mark Malone, Bubby Brister, Kordell Stewart and Tommy Maddox Hall of Shame. I don't know? Maybe the Ben Bashers weren't around when the aforementioned QB's played for the Steelers. If they were they would certainly learn to appreciate the QB that we have today.

Besides Indianapolis, New England and probably Cincinnati, I think that all other NFL front offices would swap QB's with the Steelers without any hesitation.

I agree Ben done fine .......... ever body get off his back:tt02:

Buzz05
11-20-2006, 08:16 AM
I swear to God, does anyone pay attention to the games anymore?

I guess not...The game was blacked out here and I couldnt make it to the bar to watch and I even know 2 of the picks werent his fault. The 'analysts' even agree...Get off his back. When push comes to shove the kid does the job.

HometownGal
11-20-2006, 08:41 AM
so another 3 int. game by ben..... why do we run the football only 18 times with this qb under center ?? we will NEVER be a pass first team with ben under center... i have stopped counting his ints. this year.... he is a good qb but thats it... believe me he will NEVER make a pro bowl..

Hmmm - Ben has made it to and WON a SB in his second year as a pro. Somehow me thinks being selected to the Pro-Bowl is the least of his concerns. I know it is the least of mine. Peytoon makes it to the Pro Bowl every season but has yet to win the big one. I think Peytoon would trade in all of his Hawaii excursions to win just one Super Bowl, don't you agree?

C'mon brind - give Ben credit where credit is due. He is out there getting the job done. He took quite a pounding yesterday and still played a significant role in the Steelers coming from behind and taking that game back from the Browns. As fans, what more can we ask for?

clevestinks
11-20-2006, 03:15 PM
so another 3 int. game by ben..... why do we run the football only 18 times with this qb under center ?? we will NEVER be a pass first team with ben under center... i have stopped counting his ints. this year.... he is a good qb but thats it... believe me he will NEVER make a pro bowl..:blah: :blah: :blah:

Pay attention to the game! Do you know how its played? Stats aren`t everything, Ben didn`t play well, but the blame wasnt all him. :blah:

polamalufan43
11-20-2006, 03:38 PM
:iagree:

He may never make the pro bowl but he has made the Super Bowl.
That is all that matters to me.
The bottom line - Ben played an awesome 4th quarter and we beat the Browns.
I do not care how ugly it was, we beat the Browns.
And if you think about it, their offense has not scored on us in the last 2 games played.
That TD that ben threw to Willie Parker was awesome!!!! Ben played in the second half like he has played in the past. That TD also reminded of the TD that Bettis scored against Jacksonville to beat them a few years back.
I have nothing negative to say because I do not care how it is done or how ugly it looks
WE BEAT THE BROWNS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :tt02: :cheers: :jammin: :banana: :flap:

I'll say it again
WE BEAT THE BROWNS!!!!!!
(as it should be)

~Polamalufan43:tt02:

MACH1
11-20-2006, 03:43 PM
2 of those int's werent his fault unless you want him to catch it for them too..

ChronoCross
11-20-2006, 03:48 PM

Did you finish your 12 step program. Please go do so if you have not. Id like to see you get out from underneath your crack pipe go thru what Ben just went thru this off season. And go out and see the field 100% while your not 100% healthy. Ben was pushed back in and it was a mistake by the Coaches. He is better then a good QB but he needs to be 100% Healthy. And some of his INT's are not even his fault. Tipped balls at the line, tipped balls by the WR's, WR's not holding onto the ball. Its been a team effort in loosing. Ben could of went to this last Pro Bowl but turned it down. Go read about it if you can see straight. Ben has also put up back to back years with a constant QB rating of above 98, only Top 5 QBs do that.

Big Ben will get back into shape, get back into high gear and be fine. But like I have always thought, we should of waited and let the boy get fully in shape before starting him.

sumo
11-20-2006, 03:51 PM
How can anybody say Ben played poorly? - when you have 2 ints batted up in the air like volleyballs when they should have been caught - guess what? if he throws to Wilson 100 times and Wilson tips 100 balls up in the air, 100 of those balls will be intercepted...Ben's fault? - I saw Ben grind out a tough win after he was let down by one of his receivers...

klick81
11-20-2006, 04:58 PM

You look in this thread here:

http://forums.steelersfever.com/showthread.php?t=12518

Now go back to hating.

james203
11-20-2006, 05:43 PM
I say that we send the "Ben Bashers" to the Mark Malone, Bubby Brister, Kordell Stewart and Tommy Maddox Hall of Shame. I don't know? Maybe the Ben Bashers weren't around when the aforementioned QB's played for the Steelers. If they were they would certainly learn to appreciate the QB that we have today.

neil odonnell should be added to the hall of shame.hes the reason pitts lost the sb against dallas.that games still bugs me.dallas was ahead 20-17 & pitts had the ball at there own 40 yard line will a lil over 3 mins left in the game.bam was running the ball good & then odonnell ( how ever you spell his name ) threw a interception with no steeler receiver in the area.pitts held smith to 40 yards rushing & piss ass neil just gave the game away. his career was a failure when he went to the jets.he should of stayed with pitts.idiot.....

SteelCityMan786
11-20-2006, 06:00 PM
I'll say it again
WE BEAT THE BROWNS!!!!!!
(as it should be)

~Polamalufan43:tt02:

That's the 100% TRUTH!