PDA

View Full Version : Am I looking at this right ? (standings)

The JoKeR
11-20-2006, 11:22 AM
If the playoffs were to start tomorrow, the division winners would be:

New England (7-3), Indy (9-1), San Diego (8-2), and Baltimore (8-2). Wilcard teams would be Denver (7-3), and Kansas City (6-4) (depending on the outcome of the jacksonville game of course because they can become 6-4 tonight). So if I'm looking at it correctly, the Steelers are only 2 games out of the wild card race with 6 games to play .... Best case scenario would be for us to be in a tie-breaker situation with Kansas City in my mind. Going back to the beginning of the season though, 2 games out sounds pretty sweet right now lol. The way it looks right now, it could be 8-8 getting in lol .... happened two years ago with seattle and st louis .... hehe

Livinginthe past
11-20-2006, 11:34 AM
Well 2 games is quite alot when there are only 6 games to do - its ok chasing one team but there a bunch of teams (including the Bengals) who are more than capable of winning 4 of their last 6.

NM

Haiku_Dirtt
11-20-2006, 11:42 AM
We win all six and we are in. We lose one more and we are looking for draft choices.

DACEB
11-20-2006, 11:56 AM
We would lose tiebreakers with Jax & Denv

SteelerFanInCA
11-20-2006, 12:30 PM
We just need to win out first and foremost. This week we have a play-off game against the ravens.

BigDuke6
11-20-2006, 01:08 PM
As I stated 2 weeks ago. We need to win 8 in a row. Now its 2 down, 6 to go.
EIGHT IN A ROW !!!! Sound familiar ????

HometownGal
11-20-2006, 01:12 PM
The right way to look at this is, we can't lose any more games. Seven losses and we're probably toast no matter what else happens. That's the only part of it under our control anyway.

Agreed. If we do win out, we're going to need some help to get into the playoffs, but stranger things have happened. The Steelers need to focus on themselves right now and pay no mind to what everyone else is doing - the chips will fall where they may.

Steelers
11-20-2006, 01:39 PM
Analysis is pointless. We simply need to win every single game to get ourselves in the best position possible. We need to stay with the mindset that "We're in the playoffs now. Lose, and it's over."

Atlanta Dan
11-20-2006, 02:36 PM
As stated above, Steelers lose tiebreakers to Jax and Denver.

Denver will need to lose every doubtful remaining game to finish 9-7

at Kansas City
Seattle
at San Diego
at Arizona
Cincinnati
San Francisco

Since we presumably want Denver to beat Cincinnati to keep division hope alive, forget beating out Denver

Jax need to lose 3 of its last 7 (which includes tonight)

NY Giants
at Buffalo
at Miami
Indianapolis
at Tennessee
New England
at Kansas City

That actually is possible

Of course in addition to passing Jax, Steelers need to at least catch the Chiefs, Jets and Bengals. Bengals are not a problem since the Steelers play them on New Years Eve.

Chiefs have these 6 games.

Denver
Cleveland
Baltimore
at San Diego
at Oakland
Jacksonville

Trick here is I believe the Steelers need the Chiefs to beat the Ravens

Jets have these 6 games

Houston
at Green Bay
Buffalo
at Minnesota
at Miami Tickets
Oakland

My bet is the Jets and Denver are the wildcards.

However, IMHO 10-6 will make the playoffs; Steelers simply need to win out, which I frankly do not see - 7-9 or 8-8 is far more likely.

Stillers#1
11-20-2006, 03:15 PM

And SD...

Elvis
11-23-2006, 03:04 PM
:tt02: :helmet: :helmet: :wave:
If the Steelers win out... we are in!!:thumbsup: :wave:

SteelCityMan786
11-23-2006, 03:18 PM

Let's worry about getting a win this week first.

paw-n-maul-u
11-23-2006, 04:19 PM
losing tiebreakers to jacksonville,denver, and sandiego really sucks ... dont forget that broncos are a game out and THEY could win that division and chargers be the wildcard ... i just really dont see us going to the playoffs this year all though im still hopefull. i would be extremely satisfied at 8-8 ... thats a good second half of the season and a good momentum for next year ... esp. if something happens where we keep cincy from the playoffs last game of the year.

i bet it would be safe to say that we probably have the toughest remaining schedule out of all the teams ... b-more x2, AT cincy, AT carolina, tampa is playing better and the browns played us close and are going to be pissed off ... it was a heartbreaker for them.

everyone relax and enjoy the turkey

shevdog
11-23-2006, 09:08 PM
We need to go undefeated the remainder of the season and need some serious help.

Regardless, I want the Steelers to finally get a big win in Baltimore. That diseased city has been our acquillies heel te past couple seasons.

Let's cream those Ratbirds!

ShutDown24
11-23-2006, 09:41 PM
I dont really like to look at the standings... Just win the remainder of the games then worry about it

MACH1
11-23-2006, 11:40 PM
Lets just worry about the ratbirds now. If we dont win this one its :fishing: time in about five weeks.

Preacher
11-23-2006, 11:51 PM
Lets just worry about the ratbirds now. If we dont win this one its :fishing: time in about five weeks.

Your probably right