PDA

View Full Version : Heath Miller - still waiting

sumo
11-20-2006, 03:23 PM
I think we are neglecting one of our best weapons on offense - with the way we run the football, waggle type plays should be there all day for a good TE like Miller -(see Crumpler).

Besides Ward, who can you trust downfield when Ben drops back to pass? I know the position in the Steeler's offense requires good blocking more than anything else - but Miller is money and we should be going to him more...

ChronoCross
11-20-2006, 03:46 PM
I think we are neglecting one of our best weapons on offense - with the way we run the football, waggle type plays should be there all day for a good TE like Miller -(see Crumpler).

Besides Ward, who can you trust downfield when Ben drops back to pass? I know the position in the Steeler's offense requires good blocking more than anything else - but Miller is money and we should be going to him more...

I think were not using him as much as we should ether. He was big money for us last year thru the season and playoffs. You think they would keep with it. Ive been waiting and waiting to see more action out of him. Big target, great hands, play maker.

BigDuke6
11-20-2006, 03:50 PM
Love Miller's YAC. He ALWAYS gets positive YAC and he never.......I aint saying it cause I dont want to jinx him.

Infamix
11-20-2006, 03:59 PM
Love Miller's YAC. He ALWAYS gets positive YAC and he never.......I aint saying it cause I dont want to jinx him.

haha I am not going to risk jinxing him either

Midnightwriter07
11-20-2006, 04:23 PM
Well Ben needs to look for him more. Miller is often one of the options and someone Ben can always check down too.. i think the problem right now is more of Ben than what Whiz is calling. Miller is a great weapon to have... Hopefully Ben will look his way more often.

Ambridge
11-20-2006, 05:00 PM
Well Ben needs to look for him more. Miller is often one of the options and someone Ben can always check down too.. i think the problem right now is more of Ben than what Whiz is calling. Miller is a great weapon to have... Hopefully Ben will look his way more often.

The decision should be taken out of Ben's hands and Whiz should have some more situationally designed plays where Heath is the primary receiver.
Miller is a total package and the Steelers are squandering his ability.

sumo
11-20-2006, 05:11 PM
The decision should be taken out of Ben's hands and Whiz should have some more situationally designed plays where Heath is the primary receiver.
Miller is a total package and the Steelers are squandering his ability.

I agree - play action to Heath ... it will also open up the run more because LBS won't be crowding the line of scrimmage so much - we are not attacking the middle of the field enough..

paw-n-maul-u
11-20-2006, 05:24 PM
i disagree. i remember seeing an article on ESPN.com about all the metrics taken into consideration when ranking TE's. KC joyner pointed out that if heath miller had 3 or so more catches (enough to give him 40 on the year , and for the purpose of comparing him to all of the other TE's with 40+ receptions which was the criteria for the comparison) than he would have been the overall best TE at blocking/making catches when thrown to ... YAC ... etc. but what really has impressed me is heaths blocking. I dont think he gets as many oppurtunities becasue he is used more as a blocker than many of us would like. yes, he does have glue like hands, but the suspect play of our o-line, i dont mind it if he isnt racking up lots of stats (and thats saying a lot because hes 1 of 2 TE's on my fantasy team). i would like to see him used more in the redzone situations though. it seems like thats where a lot of our turnovers seem to come and with his hands, how can you NOT look in his direction ... not to mention he probably has a good 3-4 inches on most of the DB's/ LB's that he would be matched up against

MACH1
11-20-2006, 05:41 PM
If they started passing more to him it would probably open a few other things up with having to commit some coverage for him.

BigDuke6
11-20-2006, 05:49 PM
Ask the Dolphins how to cover Heath.

SuckItUp
11-21-2006, 03:48 PM
I like Heath cuz he never....FUMBLES!! :jammin:

Elvis
11-21-2006, 04:26 PM
:tt02: :wave:
Miller should be gettin the ball more in our offense and that is for sure.. he makes the catches and can run pretty well after the catch... but I dont see why Duce is still wearing joggers on the sidelines either...Just here to collect a retirement check I guess..:old: :tombstone DUCE!!!

Paul Pyrch
11-21-2006, 05:46 PM
I too question why Heath Miller isn't being used more. He proved last year that he truly deserved to be a #1 pick. It seems that other teams aren't worried about Miller and are keying on Ward. 2-3 catches a game is simply not using one of our best attributes. Ben needs to look for Miller more and not just see where Ward is. Ben throws very well on the run. Miller has excellent hands and is very tough to bring down after the catch. It's high time for the Steelers to use the tight end as well as others use theirs!

MJ5150
11-21-2006, 06:48 PM
I'm worried he is going to pack up his game and move on to a team that will use him more as a pass catcher. There is no doubt in my mind other teams in the NFL see what he can do, and realize the Steelers aren't maximizing his potential.

-Mike

sumo
11-21-2006, 07:05 PM
I'm worried he is going to pack up his game and move on to a team that will use him more as a pass catcher. There is no doubt in my mind other teams in the NFL see what he can do, and realize the Steelers aren't maximizing his potential.

-Mike

No kidding - I could see a west coast offense team come in and pick him up