PDA

View Full Version : drew brees: 510 yds 2 td/ 3 int vs. bungles

tony hipchest
11-20-2006, 04:44 PM
the most yds in a game for a qb in 10 years. the league leader in passing is on pace for 4900+ yds (2nd most to marinos record of 5000).

so much for his sore arm and the questions about his rotator cuff.

Ambridge
11-20-2006, 04:51 PM
I don't know what's more interesting??

1. Drew Brees having a huge/career day

or

2. The Bengals defense giving up a "half grand" in pass yardage.........and I thought their run defense really sucked.

Black@Gold Forever32
11-20-2006, 04:56 PM
But the Saints still lost.

tony hipchest
11-20-2006, 05:02 PM
nevertheless 500 yds is impressive. one of the best games ive seen was with warren moon and steve deberg of the chiefs throwing for about 1000 yds. warren moon woulda had the record for most pass yards in a game but a clearly complete ball (to haywood jefferies i think) was incorrectly called incomplete.

win or lose i always appreciate a good show. the bungles have been involved in 2 in a row.

Black@Gold Forever32
11-20-2006, 05:09 PM
I never said it wasn't impressive all I'm saying I think Drew Brees would take passing for 100 yards and get the win. Then pass for 510 and lose. The last few years Drew Brees proved he was already a top QB in the NFL. This game was just another example of how talented Brees is.

Ambridge
11-20-2006, 05:17 PM
I never said it wasn't impressive all I'm saying I think Drew Brees would take passing for 100 yards and get the win. Then pass for 510 and lose.

I was surprised the Saints didn't try to run Deuce McCallister down the Bengals throats.

Black@Gold Forever32
11-20-2006, 05:19 PM
I was surprised the Saints didn't try to run Deuce McCallister down the Bengals throats.

That would have made sense since the Bengals can't stop the run and that would have kept the Bengals offense off the field.

sumo
11-20-2006, 05:19 PM

I thought the exact same thing - what are they doing? - the Bengals can't stop the run to save their lives and they have Brees throwing the ball 50 times

tony hipchest
11-20-2006, 05:24 PM
I thought the exact same thing - what are they doing? - the Bengals can't stop the run to save their lives and they have Brees throwing the ball 50 times
i thought the same thing with the steelers vs. the browns. 20 rush vs. 44 pass. sometimes these coaches just out think/out smart themselves.

"they know their run defense sucks and im gonna run the ball down their throat, so im gonna pull a slight of hand and throw the ball, and catch them off guard" :dang:

Livinginthe past
11-20-2006, 05:25 PM
Brees done a nice job - well for me on my fantasy team anyways.

I didnt see the game but it sounds like the Bengals D did their usual, bend-dont-break trick and took the ball away when they needed to.

I dont see how that level of performance can be maintained and still come out with victories, the pressure of keeping up with his own D will eventually get to Carson.

NM

Livinginthe past
11-20-2006, 05:30 PM
The best example of a coach out-smarting himself that I can recall was the Rams v Patriots SB - Belicheck dared Martz to try and beat him in the air and his ego couldnt resist the challenge.

Martz was sure of his own ability and his teams superiority that he played straight into New Englands hands - if Marshall Faulk (one of the most complete RB's to ever play the game) has had a few more touches then the result could and probably should have been alot different.

NM

tony hipchest
11-20-2006, 05:31 PM
Brees done a nice job - well for me on my fantasy team anyways.

I didnt see the game but it sounds like the Bengals D did their usual, bend-dont-break trick and took the ball away when they needed to.

I dont see how that level of performance can be maintained and still come out with victories, the pressure of keeping up with his own D will eventually get to Carson.

NMbrees and p. manning both fell victim to their own confidence yesterday, trying to force the ball into the endzone rather than settling for 3 points. you woulda thought they were in a motorcycle accident, and then had an appendectomy and a concussion, with the way they preformed.

Livinginthe past
11-20-2006, 05:35 PM
brees and p. manning both fell victim to their own confidence yesterday, trying to force the ball into the endzone rather than settling for 3 points. you woulda thought they were in a motorcycle accident, and then had an appendectomy and a concussion, with the way they preformed.

Both QB's have almost single handedly carried their teams to multiple victories this year, so I guess the over confidence is understandable.

Injury or no injury Ben (and every other QB) suffers from the same problem of over confidence and trying to force plays - its what happens you are good at your job, I suppose.

The main thing is that they learn, and it looks like Manning is the only one who consistently refuses to let his offense remain balanced when he is under pressure.

NM

tony hipchest
11-20-2006, 05:40 PM
The best example of a coach out-smarting himself that I can recall was the Rams v Patriots SB - Belicheck dared Martz to try and beat him in the air and his ego couldnt resist the challenge.

Martz was sure of his own ability and his teams superiority that he played straight into New Englands hands - if Marshall Faulk (one of the most complete RB's to ever play the game) has had a few more touches then the result could and probably should have been alot different.

NMmartz pissed away the final years of faulks career. the best proof of this is what vermiel was able to accomplish with p. holmes in kansas city.