PDA

View Full Version : porter slipped...

j-dawg
11-20-2006, 10:06 PM
okay, so i know edwards has been getting flak on here for his comments after the game... rightfully so....

BUT...

Porter said on ESPN Radio today, that he slipped, and wasn't pushed away by Winslow, but he'll let Winslow have his time to talk, and when they meet again, he'll show Winslow...

he also said "It can be Winslows highlight of the year"

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e250/veryprofane/cache3000-4.jpg

slipped? :dang:

he needs to man up and admit he was beat on that play.

Tankus_Maximus
11-20-2006, 10:27 PM
Nah..Stevie Wonder could see that Peezy slipped.

If Peezy says he slipped, he slipped. Nuff said.

MACH1
11-21-2006, 12:30 AM
Its was that bad turf that caused the slip.

SteelersWoman
11-21-2006, 02:25 AM
okay, so i know edwards has been getting flak on here for his comments after the game... rightfully so....BUT...

Porter said on ESPN Radio today, that he slipped, and wasn't pushed away by Winslow, http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e250/veryprofane/cache3000-4.jpg

From that picture, it appears that Joey was face masked.

But me being the honest football lover that I am, I must admit when I was watchin the game in "real" time that it looked like Edwards got the better of Joey on that one.

However--I have it on tape, and guess I need to look it over again if some of my Steelers fan colleagues said they believe Joey, so I'll reserve my judgement til I "re-see" it in slow motion lol If I see the same thing I think I saw in the game, then you're right--Joey needs to man up. If your guy face masked him, he shoulda been penalized :helmet:

However-- Edwards really needs to "man up" about his comments before the game--and from what I've heard, he's done the exact opposite. Charlie and Kellen showed some class afterward :thumbsup:

The guy who deliberately knocked Big Ben down should've been ejected from the game though--terrible unsportsmanlike conduct. That's uncalled for--no matter WHO does it, and the NFL should send strong messages concerning it.

That all being said--your team certainly played better ( and harder) Sunday than they did in the last game against each other! I think having a new OC will go a long way toward getting your guys better results than in the past few years, and inject some new blood in your team :cheers:

j-dawg
11-21-2006, 03:59 AM
totally agree with what you say there... although... the pic looks like a stiff arm to me! hehehe.. also, if a quarterback is off limits on an interception than he shouldn't be allowed to make a play on the ball. was he wrong for throwing ben down twice, yes... i agree it was wrong...

stlrtruck
11-21-2006, 08:17 AM
IMHO, I think Joey got beat on this play. But he deserved to get beat. He came at KWII straight up and with all due respect to Peezy, KWII is a player that you need to drive through to bring down. Attacking his shoulders isn't going to get it done!

RoethlisBURGHer
11-21-2006, 12:25 PM
Peezy got OWNED on that play by Winslow.

sumo
11-21-2006, 12:54 PM
He slipped? - yeah right - too many NFL players - Porter included - go away from fundamentals - especially when it comes to tackling - Porter should spend some time with Troy doing tackling drills in practice...

stlrtruck
11-21-2006, 01:38 PM
He slipped? - yeah right - too many NFL players - Porter included - go away from fundamentals - especially when it comes to tackling - Porter should spend some time with Troy doing tackling drills in practice...

:iagree:

j-dawg
11-22-2006, 11:06 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LPkMLsfCO9g

here's a video link to alleged slip...

klick81
11-22-2006, 03:35 PM
Joey got owned.