PDA

View Full Version : IQ

CJ#85
11-21-2006, 01:20 AM
By the way, always curious.....

Why is it that former Bengal players are better announcers than those that are Steelers. In fact, there is only one Steeler announcer to date.

Boomer, Collinsworth, Trumpy and others said they have benefited greatly from the eruidite management of the Cincinnati Bengals. Our guys understand the game and can express themselves. Your guys can play the game and eat. What the heck, the Spitsburgh library only has one book anyway and that was stolen 5 years ago by a guy from Philly. That book was about bowling.

WTG Spitsburgh! :jammin:

tony hipchest
11-21-2006, 01:30 AM
because bungles are better at running their mouth than actually playing football.

just think, in 20 years the bengals will have more ex players as prison wardens than the steelers, and you can be proud of that too! lol :thumbsup:

what were you saying about your IQ?

terry bradshaw > every ex bengal combined and boomers best game was as a cardinal. doh! thats gotta suck!

:yeehaw:

MACH1
11-21-2006, 01:33 AM
Thats because the shitsinatti Bungels are only good at one thing, runnin their yap- all talk nothing else. except getting dui's

meanjoecoop
11-21-2006, 09:48 AM

Why is it that former Bengal players are better announcers than those that are Steelers. In fact, there is only one Steeler announcer to date.

I can name 4 without even looking them up: Bradshaw, Swann, Ilkin, Bettis... Once again you have no facts. You shoot from the hip without thinking. Please stick your hand in a paper bag before you type a response or start a thread. Your typerventilation is getting out of control. You are embarassing yourself. :shake01:

You may just as well make a fist and punch your keyboard and hit reply...it would make more sense.

Boomer, Collinsworth, Trumpy and others said they have benefited greatly from the eruidite management of the Cincinnati Bengals. Our guys understand the game and can express themselves. Your guys can play the game and eat. What the heck, the Spitsburgh library only has one book anyway and that was stolen 5 years ago by a guy from Philly. That book was about bowling.

WTG Spitsburgh! :jammin:

Its spelled "erudite" you ditz. Ever hear of a spell check? Doesnt the Shitsinasty library have a dictionary? They must have only had one copy from 1902 and it was stolen by a guy from Dayton, but he realized it was out dated and came back and sold it back to the library. They thought it was a great deal because they're copy had been stolen. Duh...:dang:

How many championships has the bungals "erudite management" won???

It used to be cute seeing your pathetic little attempts at smak...now its boring.:yawn:

Tankus_Maximus
11-21-2006, 09:58 AM
lmfao..just let the guy have the fact that he has better announcers that used to be Bengals. Let the baby have his bottle. laughable.

stlrtruck
11-21-2006, 10:18 AM
The fact that he thinks Boomer and Collinsworth are good announcers kills me.

Collinsworth is a babbling lunatic that has no cognitive understanding of the game that is played today. His phrases are idiotic at best and I find his rhetoric boring.

Boomer is a homer. I don't think he's been able to call a game straight since he's been on the scene.

Let's say that the aforementioned former bungles are better announcers than players. WHO REALLY CARES? What really matters is whether or not you can play the game on the field!

If you want to rest heavy on the opinion that the bungles create better announcers than football players by all means you can have that acknowledgement. I'd rather have this one - The Steelers prepare their players to play the game on Sunday, not announce it!!!

meanjoecoop
11-21-2006, 10:30 AM
If you want to rest heavy on the opinion that the bungles create better announcers than football players by all means you can have that acknowledgement. I'd rather have this one - The Steelers prepare their players to play the game on Sunday, not announce it!!!

LOL, and further more...how many bungals vs steelers go on to be coaches? Neil O'Donnel and Joe Greene to name a few.

I guess we can thank the bungals "erudite management" for giving us Dick LeBeau, our Defensive Coordinator and Kimo Von Olehoffen. Letting those two go sure came back to bite the bungals in the ass! :flap:

stlrtruck
11-21-2006, 10:33 AM
LOL, and further more...how many bungals vs steelers go on to be coaches? Neil O'Donnel and Joe Greene to name a few.

Don't forget Darren Perry.

Tankus_Maximus
11-21-2006, 10:35 AM
Phil Simms is tolerable. He gives credit where credit is due.

Collinsworth is a lawyer, do I really need to say anymore???

tony hipchest
11-21-2006, 10:36 AM
you could just tell this thread was gonna backfire and explode in cj's face.

it might as well have read:

"steelers make better pro bowlers, but the bengals make better quiche and lemon merangue pie". :propeller:

but since cj has stated shes a female i will handle her with kid gloves in my responses much like i do with bengalbrian. i cant help but to appreciate the classic irony of this thread being titled "IQ".

meanjoecoop
11-21-2006, 10:45 AM
but since cj has stated shes a female i will handle her with kid gloves in my responses much like i do with bengalbrian. "IQ".

I know...but if she wants to hang with the big boys she's gotta stop repeatedly posting like an 8 year old girl. She came to us not vice versa. Obviously shes lacking attention at home...:tap:

CJ#85
11-21-2006, 12:32 PM
Wait a minute, I post like an 8 year old girl? Laughable, considering until recently, I 've tried to be somewhat nice and courteous with you people. I've tried to look at things from an objective stand point. I've admitted when my team screwed up. I never use foul language or go off cursing about your players or your team. As soon as the Bengals win, the only thing you guys post is "Bungles suck." AFter you guys won both weeks, I complimented your win. I guess that's too hard for you to do. You've confirmed exactly why I hate the Steelers.

Besides, don't go off on me completely. My father, also a Bengal fan obviously, borrowed my password and created this thread.

stlrtruck
11-21-2006, 01:36 PM
Wait a minute, I post like an 8 year old girl? Laughable, considering until recently, I 've tried to be somewhat nice and courteous with you people. I've tried to look at things from an objective stand point. I've admitted when my team screwed up. I never use foul language or go off cursing about your players or your team. As soon as the Bengals win, the only thing you guys post is "Bungles suck." AFter you guys won both weeks, I complimented your win. I guess that's too hard for you to do. You've confirmed exactly why I hate the Steelers.

Besides, don't go off on me completely. My father, also a Bengal fan obviously, borrowed my password and created this thread.

I at least thank you for your courtesy and your ability to post without foul language and cursing is recognized. However, I've seen many of your posts that lack substantial facts to hold water. You randomly have made statements that when pushed for backup, you've had none. Confirming why I hate the bungles. And regardless of loss or win, they will always suck (at least on this MB).

I'll congratulate you on a nice victory when you beat someone within the division - say the ratbirds!

So happy posting and tell your father he shouldn't be using your passwords!:thumbsup:

CJ#85
11-21-2006, 02:43 PM
"I've seen many of your posts that lack substantial facts to hold water. You randomly have made statements that when pushed for backup, you've had none."

Which statements?

HometownGal
11-21-2006, 03:13 PM

Why is it that former Steelers players are more realistic HOF candidates and inductees than those that are Bengals.

Gee let me see here. Could it be because the Steelers have a history over 3 decades long of developing athletes into great players and fielding winning teams instead of hanging onto the pickpockets, drug dealers, drunks, perverts and scum at the bottom of the barrel? :tt02: :thumbsup:

stlrtruck
11-21-2006, 03:27 PM
"I've seen many of your posts that lack substantial facts to hold water. You randomly have made statements that when pushed for backup, you've had none."

Which statements?

I'm sorry but I refuse to go back, especially on a Steelers MB, and review all of your posts that have nothing to them. From what I've seen, they've been pretty much all of them.

If I were on a bungles MB, then I'd take the time but here....nah!

tony hipchest
11-21-2006, 03:41 PM

1. you only post in the "blast furnace". nice, courteous, objective, no foul language, compliments, etc. can be found in all the other forums. check it out. you may find your niche yet.

2. we post the bengals suck whether they win or lose, and this isnt a new phenomenom.
we do this because:

a) its true, and

b) it is fun. read the columbus thread. youll have a blast!

3. so you hate the steelers cause they are repeated champions and their fans wont compliment you on a 5-5 record? lol.

4. are you bengalbrians sister/cousin? is dan sr your dad? if so that would explain so much. if not, what is it with bengalfans who post only in the blast furnace and then bring in their fathers for reinforcements???

HometownGal
11-21-2006, 03:47 PM
1. you only post in the "blast furnace". nice, courteous, objective, no foul language, compliments, etc. can be found in all the other forums. check it out. you may find your niche yet.

2. we post the bengals suck whether they win or lose, and this isnt a new phenomenom.
we do this because:

a) its true, and

b) it is fun. read the columbus thread. youll have a blast!

3. so you hate the steelers cause they are repeated champions and their fans wont compliment you on a 5-5 record? lol.

4. are you bengalbrians sister/cousin? is dan sr your dad? if so that would explain so much. if not, what is it with bengalfans who post only in the blast furnace and then bring in their fathers for reinforcements???

5. THIS IS A PITTSBURGH STEELERS FORUM. :dang: :dang: :dang:

MACH1
11-21-2006, 04:22 PM
5. THIS IS A PITTSBURGH STEELERS FORUM. :dang: :dang: :dang:

6. Why do you spend so much time here if you dont like what is said about the Bungals?

CJ#85
11-21-2006, 04:26 PM
First of all, I was joking to my dad about posting on here, and he asked if he could write something. I told him he could.

Read the Smack Forum over at the Bengals website, there are plenty of Steeler fans there, but they are generally pretty friendly, and I don't see foul language.

Steeler Truck, don't tell me my posts are lacking substance and fact. You basically make that statement, yet you don't even have facts or posts to back it up. That seems hypocritical to me to tell me I am unable to back up my statements when you clearly are unable to back up yours.

The reason I only post in the blast furnace is for bascially one reason. I didn't think fans of other teams were allowed to post in the other forums. I thought those forums were limited to Steelers fans only. I occasionally read them, but I have never posted because I didn't think I was allowed. Frankly, I wouldn't think you would want fans from other teams clogging up your main forum.

Besides, there appear to be only one or two other Bengal fans here. There are hardly any other fans. The only thing that goes on in here is thread after thread saying the Bengals suck. I love the Bengals and figure someone should stick up for them against all the attacks.

HometownGal
11-21-2006, 04:46 PM
First of all, I was joking to my dad about posting on here, and he asked if he could write something. I told him he could.

Read the Smack Forum over at the Bengals website, there are plenty of Steeler fans there, but they are generally pretty friendly, and I don't see foul language.

Steeler Truck, don't tell me my posts are lacking substance and fact. You basically make that statement, yet you don't even have facts or posts to back it up. That seems hypocritical to me to tell me I am unable to back up my statements when you clearly are unable to back up yours.

The reason I only post in the blast furnace is for bascially one reason. I didn't think fans of other teams were allowed to post in the other forums. I thought those forums were limited to Steelers fans only. I occasionally read them, but I have never posted because I didn't think I was allowed. Frankly, I wouldn't think you would want fans from other teams clogging up your main forum.

Besides, there appear to be only one or two other Bengal fans here. There are hardly any other fans. The only thing that goes on in here is thread after thread saying the Bengals suck. I love the Bengals and figure someone should stick up for them against all the attacks.

I don't know which Bungles forums you frequent, CJ, but every one of those shit holes I have come across are just plain vile. Do you see any of us here making death threats against any of the Bungles or any other team's players? Do you see any of us here wishing injury on any member of your team or any of your fans? Have you seen any graphic pictures on this site depicting Bungles fans being lead into gas chambers ala the Holocaust? I could go on and on and on, but I'm sure you get my drift. I wouldn't fork any of those people off of a horseshit pile.

Let me ask you this and I'm being serious here. Why, if this forum's anti-Bungles threads (which would be expected in a Pittsburgh Steelers forum) don't tickle your fancy, do you continue to stick around and pour gasoline on the fire by making some of the comments you make? Seems a little self-mutilating if you ask me.

There is no rule around here that says non-Steelers fans can't post in the other forums - many of our un-Steelers post in other forums besides this one. But - most of them know that when you come into THIS forum, you'd best be able to take the heat or you're going to take a smack down, just as Steelers fans would on any other team's message board - it's only common sense!

MACH1
11-21-2006, 04:54 PM
I don't know which Bungles forums you frequent, CJ, but every one of those shit holes I have come across are just plain vile. Do you see any of us here making death threats against any of the Bungles or any other team's players? Do you see any of us here wishing injury on any member of your team or any of your fans? Have you seen any graphic pictures on this site depicting Bungles fans being lead into gas chambers ala the Holocaust? I could go on and on and on, but I'm sure you get my drift. I wouldn't fork any of those people off of a horseshit pile.

Let me ask you this and I'm being serious here. Why, if this forum's anti-Bungles threads (which would be expected in a Pittsburgh Steelers forum) don't tickle your fancy, do you continue to stick around and pour gasoline on the fire by making some of the comments you make? Seems a little self-mutilating if you ask me.

There is no rule around here that says non-Steelers fans can't post in the other forums - many of our un-Steelers post in other forums besides this one. But - most of them know that when you come into THIS forum, you'd best be able to take the heat or you're going to take a smack down, just as Steelers fans would on any other team's message board - it's only common sense!

I can answer that--This one's not to bright to keep coming back for more. You would think that they would learn eventually. So much for IQ.

CJ#85
11-21-2006, 04:57 PM
I stick around simply to defend the Bengals. I just am perplexed. On Bengals forums, even in the smack forum, yes the Steelers are mocked some, but usually we and others discuss things like the opponent that we are playing that particular week. Of course it's fun to argue from time to time, but every time I come here, there is only mockery of the Bengals, one thread after another.

Yes, in other Bengals forums, some people can be jerks, and yes, some of them have relished in Ben's injuries. I never have. I just responded and have responded to posts where Carson's knee injury has been mocked. I see them a lot here. I don't think its funny when someone gets hurt or has to endure surgery and a long recovery process. I didn't find it funny with Ben, and I certainly don't with Carson.

Maybe I will look into some of your other forums occasionally.

HometownGal
11-21-2006, 06:01 PM
I stick around simply to defend the Bengals. I just am perplexed. On Bengals forums, even in the smack forum, yes the Steelers are mocked some, but usually we and others discuss things like the opponent that we are playing that particular week. Of course it's fun to argue from time to time, but every time I come here, there is only mockery of the Bengals, one thread after another.

Yes, in other Bengals forums, some people can be jerks, and yes, some of them have relished in Ben's injuries. I never have. I just responded and have responded to posts where Carson's knee injury has been mocked. I see them a lot here. I don't think its funny when someone gets hurt or has to endure surgery and a long recovery process. I didn't find it funny with Ben, and I certainly don't with Carson.

Maybe I will look into some of your other forums occasionally.

While we do enjoy mocking the Bungles around here (which is within the realm of normalcy, I believe), 99.999999% of us don't resort to some of the things I referred to in my prior post. Like you, I don't find an injury to ANY player amusing, but I have to admit, I do find Bungles fans who come to a Pittsburgh Steelers fans' BB to mock our championships and the sheer hell our QB has had to endure this season, then cry foul when we defend OUR team and OUR QB on OUR BB - beyond amusing. :toofunny:

I never mind chatting with fans of other teams - we have a good group of un-Steelers here who provide very insightful opinions based on knowledge of the game and facts - in my book, they rock! :banana:

And yes - you have "relished" in Ben's injuries. You have made several posts right here in this forum mocking Ben's injuries. I took the liberty of finding you a new avatar.....

http://www.bfi.org.uk/features/ultimatefilm/chart/images/185/83_pinocchio.jpg

Stillers#1
11-21-2006, 07:43 PM

Typically I am all for equal treatment of opposing teams fans ( I have even stuck up for BengalBrian), but you just come across, as idiotic, and un-organized. You pretty much deserve any crappy treatment you get. Maybe if you come up with something witty, then we will pay you the attention you THINK you deserve.

X-Terminator
11-21-2006, 07:52 PM

No fans from other teams were allowed to post in the other forums? Are you serious? If you really think that, then maybe you need to read a little bit more than you claim you have. I guess LITP posting a lot in the Steelers/Browns game thread on Sunday was just an illusion :doh:

We have quite a few fans from other teams here, most notably Hawk Believer (a Seahawks fan), the aforementioned LITP, 3 to be 4 (a Pats fan), silver & black (Raiders fan), jdawg (Browns fan), boLT fan (Chargers fan), along with your fellow Bengals fans CantStop85, BengalBrian, BigJen and bengalfan21. They are all regular contributors to the board, for the most part (except for BigJen, who's just another troll), and I'm sure there are others that I'm forgetting. We don't care if other teams' fans post on this board, provided that they contribute and add something of substance to the discussions, while keeping their smack talk here in the Blast Furnace. Besides, there's no disclaimer that says "Opposing team's fans need not register," so I have no idea where you got that sentiment.

stillers4me
11-21-2006, 07:59 PM
All the Bengals sites I have been on have been so foul, I wouldn't even be able to copy and paste the posts here..........and that's just how those people were talking about their own team. What they say about the Steelers is beyond the pale.

meanjoecoop
11-21-2006, 08:22 PM

Which statements?

Hey?Oucho Stinko?just about everyone you have made to date! Check out our replies ding bat, we repeatedly call out your lies and misinformation and you just move on to another lame brain statement.

That?s cute. You go play with daddy and leave the grown ups to talk football. Hope you enjoy your seat at the ?little table? for Thanksgiving.

I love the Bengals and figure someone should stick up for them against all the attacks.

God knows they cant.

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e206/meanjoecoop/BengalsPup.gif

Ooop?s?you better get a pooper scooper!

MACH1
11-21-2006, 08:37 PM

HEHEHE How do you teach them to do that. LMAO :cheers:

meanjoecoop
11-21-2006, 08:47 PM

HEHEHE How do you teach them to do that. LMAO :cheers:

He just does it naturally. It must be instinct...:hunch:

CJ#85
11-21-2006, 08:57 PM
"Hey?Oucho Stinko?just about everyone you have made to date! Check out our replies ding bat, we repeatedly call out your lies and misinformation and you just move on to another lame brain statement. "

Nice with the personal attacks. I say the word "classless" and get a damn infraction. I get called bozo, schmuck, and ding bat, and none of you get an "infraction." Just because you disagree, it doesn't mean that it isn't true. I've backed things up with three articles. I will go to my grave believing that was a dirty hit on Carson. I will always believe the refs handed you the Superbowl. I'm done. I hope to God you lose to the Rat Birds and every other team you play for the rest of this year. If you win, I'll be back to eat my crow.

I haven't relished in Jen's injuries. What I've relished in are his "made up injuries" in which I had a couple articles proving that very point. Have fun ripping this post apart.

meanjoecoop
11-21-2006, 09:04 PM
I'm done.

:wave: bye

MACH1
11-21-2006, 09:09 PM
I'm done.

Dont let the door hit ya on the way out....:wave:

X-Terminator
11-21-2006, 09:11 PM
I will go to my grave believing that was a dirty hit on Carson.

Saying this repeatedly doesn't make it so. But have fun believing it.

I will always believe the refs handed you the Superbowl.

The refs didn't "hand" us a damn thing, and saying THAT repeatedly doesn't make it so. But have fun believing it.

I'm done. I hope to God you lose to the Rat Birds and every other team you play for the rest of this year. If you win, I'll be back to eat my crow.

Yeah, sure you will. Just be sure to mind the ass-door interface on your way out! :wave:

Black@Gold Forever32
11-21-2006, 09:37 PM
Hey CJ#85Groupie go to Bengals site where you can slob on CJ and Carson's knob all you want.

Tankus_Maximus
11-21-2006, 10:36 PM

Then you shouldn't cry so much when we make you a martyr.

SteelersWoman
11-22-2006, 06:12 AM
... I will go to my grave believing that was a dirty hit on Carson... I will always believe the refs handed you the Superbowl....

Kimo and Carson are friends, and no one could've felt worse about it than Kimo did, and only a Bengals fan would believe that he'd do that purposely to him.

Even Carson himself didn't believe it was "dirty". I'm sure he wasn't happy about it, but he knew it wasn't intentional. And anyone who can watch the replay of it and still think that, or think that Kimo didn't feel bad, is truly not being fair or honest.

It's all a part of the game, they all go into each one knowing that might be the game that takes them out for a few games, or even a season. Carson sure as heck wasn't the first, and sure as heck won't be the last--and I'm not talking about just QBs.

I've seen several football guys use Carson as a poster boy on how NOT to stand when playing as a QB--they said standing the way he does is the worst possible--and they even showed a picture of him with vertical lines showing what he does wrong. Then they went on to show a QB in the "right" stance to protect themselves. Better mechanics would've almost assured that it wouldn't have happened. They said that QB's are routinely warned about this, but some still continue to do it--Carson was one of them.

All Steelers fans are able to admit that Big Ben did a stupid thing by riding his bike--especially without a helmet, and was the main one responsible for what happened to him--he could've prevented it. Are ANY Bengals fans willing to admit that Carson was the main one responsible and he could've probably prevented it in the first place by listening to what he was told? No, and there never WILL be.

As far as the Super Bowl comment--it's beyond ridiculous, and the smell of jealousy is too much to bear. Besides, I'd expect nothing less from a Bengals fan--all of you believe that the 5 games you've lost this year so far have been due to the refs. All I can say is, if your team has played it that close to the vest that they've lost due to a bad call or two, they didn't play well enough--same as the Seahawks. And I never see a ONE of you talking about all the calls that SHOULD'VE been on the Seahawks that weren't.

Bengals and Seahawks fans never see the calls that go in their favor that shouldn't, or see the ones that should've been called against their team that weren't. Or even ones against a team they feel beat them out of a Super Bowl. Funny how that works...

HometownGal
11-22-2006, 07:20 AM
I will always believe the refs handed you the Superbowl.

And I will always believe the Bengals SUCK.

Tankus_Maximus
11-22-2006, 09:56 AM
And I will always believe the Bengals SUCK.

This belief is felt throughout the Tank-Household!! My 3 year old knows how to "boo" the Bengals!!

BENGALS SUCK!!!!

MACH1
11-22-2006, 11:08 AM
Its a new day today. And yet the Bugals still SUCK

stlrtruck
11-22-2006, 11:25 AM
I woke up this morning, my truck broke down on the way to work, but I realized something...the bungles still suck!

lamberts-lost-tooth
11-22-2006, 11:31 AM
That’s cute. You go play with daddy and leave the grown ups to talk football. Hope you enjoy your seat at the “little table” for Thanksgiving.

I have to chuckle about all the been-gals fans who are currently cramming stuffing up a crows butt for their main course tommorrow...after all the big talk and predictions about winning the division and being a "superbowl caliber" team...

So as your eating your Crow and Dressing dinner...Heres to all of you from SF..:cheers:

CJ#85
11-22-2006, 04:11 PM
I have to chuckle about all the been-gals fans who are currently cramming stuffing up a crows butt for their main course tommorrow...after all the big talk and predictions about winning the division and being a "superbowl caliber" team...

So as your eating your Crow and Dressing dinner...Heres to all of you from SF..:cheers:

I believe you'll be eating it as well. You're 4-6, certainly not where the "pundits" dubbed you at the beginning of the season.

Black@Gold Forever32
11-22-2006, 05:30 PM
I believe you'll be eating it as well. You're 4-6, certainly not where the "pundits" dubbed you at the beginning of the season.

Give it up the Bengals are a second class organization and will always be until they win a Super Bowl. Until then shut the **** up.

CJ#85
11-22-2006, 05:32 PM
Give it up the Bengals are a second class organization and will always be until they win a Super Bowl. Until then shut the **** up. :blah:

Boy, it must really suck to get beat by a second class organization, huh.

Black@Gold Forever32
11-22-2006, 05:42 PM
:blah:

Boy, it must really suck to get beat by a second class organization, huh.

Not really when the Steelers have 5 Lombardi Trophies. Plus the Steelers have owned the Bengals for years. The sun has to shine on a dogs ass every once and awhile. I usually don't smack people. But your act is getting old and I'm tired of it. If you don't want to read posts that are negative toward the Bengals. Then maybe CJ#85groupie you should go post on a Bengals site were you can slob all over CJ and Carson's knob all day.

CJ#85
11-22-2006, 06:59 PM
"Not really when the Steelers have 5 Lombardi Trophies." :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah:

Oh no, not this again. Nice job. Now I repeat, I don't care about your old rings from the 70s and a tainted ring from last year.

MACH1
11-22-2006, 07:16 PM
So what has Cartoon acomplished in the last four years besides getting a AFCN t-shirt and losing on a regular basis????

CJ#85
11-22-2006, 07:28 PM
So what has Cartoon acomplished in the last four years besides getting a AFCN t-shirt and losing on a regular basis????

In the past four years, Carson got a Heisman (back in 2002).

"In 2005, Palmer led the Bengals to an 11-5 record and an AFC North division title, their first division title since 1990. In doing so, Carson Palmer became the first Bengals quarterback to finish with a 100+ passer rating, tied Indianapolis' Peyton Manning for most consecutive games with a triple digit passer rating, led the NFL in completion percentage, and set a Bengals franchise record by throwing a league-leading 32 touchdown passes. He also set the franchise record for highest passer rating in a season.

On December 21, 2005, Carson Palmer was one of five Bengals voted to the 2006 Pro Bowl game."

-Wikipedia

He was Fed Ex Air player of the week last week for his performance vs. the Saints.

He also has done a lot of charity work for children that are abused, etc.

That's what he's done, and it was only his second year starting. This is his third year. Kitna took all the snaps in 2003.

Preacher
11-22-2006, 07:45 PM

If you have read the other forums, you would find that we welcome other fans that post without trying to incite. That is what this forum is for.

From my understanding, you are more then welcome to go to any forum on the Steelersfever site, but there is a specific decorum that is expected.

HometownGal
11-22-2006, 08:06 PM

"In 2005, Palmer led the Bengals to an 11-5 record and an AFC North division title, their first division title since 1990. In doing so, Carson Palmer became the first Bengals quarterback to finish with a 100+ passer rating, tied Indianapolis' Peyton Manning for most consecutive games with a triple digit passer rating, led the NFL in completion percentage, and set a Bengals franchise record by throwing a league-leading 32 touchdown passes. He also set the franchise record for highest passer rating in a season.

On December 21, 2005, Carson Palmer was one of five Bengals voted to the 2006 Pro Bowl game."

-Wikipedia

He was Fed Ex Air player of the week last week for his performance vs. the Saints.

He also has done a lot of charity work for children that are abused, etc.

That's what he's done, and it was only his second year starting. This is his third year. Kitna took all the snaps in 2003.

Wow!!! FedEx Air Player of the Week??? :jawdrop: Did Cartoon get a piece of Bazooka with that honor?

Nice baubles but no diamonds.

Seriously, CJ - until Cartoon actually experiences and wins a SB, he's just another cubic zirconia.

CJ#85
11-22-2006, 08:58 PM
Wow!!! FedEx Air Player of the Week??? :jawdrop: Did Cartoon get a piece of Bazooka with that honor?

Nice baubles but no diamonds.

Seriously, CJ - until Cartoon actually experiences and wins a SB, he's just another cubic zirconia.

Actually, Jen may have done well enough to get the Steelers to the Super Bowl, but it was won in spite of him, not because of him. He had a horrible performance.

meanjoecoop
11-22-2006, 09:00 PM
In 2005, Palmer led the Bengals to an 11-5 record and an AFC North division title, their first division title since 1990.

Oh no, not this again. Now I repeat, I don't care about your old AFCN Championship and a tainted FedEx Air Player of the week award from last week.

Do you even notice how ridiculously silly you sound CJ?

CJ#85
11-22-2006, 10:23 PM
"In doing so, Carson Palmer became the first Bengals quarterback to finish with a 100+ passer rating, tied Indianapolis' Peyton Manning for most consecutive games with a triple digit passer rating, led the NFL in completion percentage, and set a Bengals franchise record by throwing a league-leading 32 touchdown passes. He also set the franchise record for highest passer rating in a season.

You forgot this part, Joey.

"Oh no, not this again. Now I repeat, I don't care about your old AFCN Championship and a tainted FedEx Air Player of the week award from last week."

I wouldn't expect you to care about our AFCN Champ from last year. The FedEx Air Player of the week award isn't tainted, unlike your "Super Bowl" win.

stillers4me
11-22-2006, 10:28 PM
Wow.......Carson sounds great. So does Peyton Manning......laser rocket arm and all.

Too bad they have to buy all their own jewelry.

X-Terminator
11-22-2006, 11:10 PM
"Not really when the Steelers have 5 Lombardi Trophies." :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah: :blah:

Oh no, not this again. Nice job. Now I repeat, I don't care about your old rings from the 70s and a tainted ring from last year.

Wait, I thought you said you were "done?" Don't tell me you lied! :jawdrop:

meanjoecoop
11-22-2006, 11:19 PM

She's done alright...stick a fork in her, she's been cooked.

Shes only here cuz she enjoys "self humiliation".

CJ#85
11-22-2006, 11:20 PM

Hey, I took some lessons from Toe Gate man.

HometownGal
11-22-2006, 11:33 PM

It wasn't a lie, XT - it was a KNEE JERK reaction. :toofunny:

http://www.post-gazette.com/images3/20060109wap_fbn_kimo_palmerPJ03_230.jpg

Black@Gold Forever32
11-22-2006, 11:35 PM

I really don't care about your sorry ass Bengals you stupid bitch. Go suck CJ's **** you stupid *****.

meanjoecoop
11-23-2006, 12:11 AM
It wasn't a lie, XT - it was a KNEE JERK reaction. :toofunny:

http://www.post-gazette.com/images3/20060109wap_fbn_kimo_palmerPJ03_230.jpg

Look at that pic CJ...Palmer was already wearing a knee brace. That knee was an accident waiting to happen. If you had bumped into his knee just prior to that play, he would have dropped like Enron stock. A stiff breeze could have blown out that knee.

MACH1
11-23-2006, 12:46 AM
Look at that pic CJ...Palmer was already wearing a knee brace. That knee was an accident waiting to happen. If you had bumped into his knee just prior to that play, he would have dropped like Enron stock. A stiff breeze could have blown out that knee.

He said stiff-blown hehe hehe hehe

looks like carton had a lil booboo.

CJ#85
11-23-2006, 01:14 AM
I really don't care about your sorry ass Bengals you stupid bitch. Go suck CJ's **** you stupid *****.

Nice come back...:yawn: You seem to care a little, over half the first page in this BF is covered with threads talking about the Bengals.

"looks like carton had a lil booboo."

Well, that's one thing your quarterback is better at than Carson, getting boo boos.
Jens boo boos = 10
Carson's boo boos = 2

stillers4me
11-23-2006, 09:17 AM
Nice come back...:yawn: You seem to care a little, over half the first page in this BF is covered with threads talking about the Bengals.

Well, that's one thing your quarterback is better at than Carson, getting boo boos.
Jens boo boos = 10
Carson's boo boos = 2

Ben's playoff wins =3
Carsons playoff wins = 0

Ben's SuperBowl Rings = 1
Carson's SuperBowl Rings = 0

Tankus_Maximus
11-23-2006, 10:43 AM
"In doing so, Carson Palmer became the first Bengals quarterback to finish with a 100+ passer rating, tied Indianapolis' Peyton Manning for most consecutive games with a triple digit passer rating, led the NFL in completion percentage, and set a Bengals franchise record by throwing a league-leading 32 touchdown passes. He also set the franchise record for highest passer rating in a season.

You forgot this part, Joey.

"Oh no, not this again. Now I repeat, I don't care about your old AFCN Championship and a tainted FedEx Air Player of the week award from last week."

I wouldn't expect you to care about our AFCN Champ from last year. The FedEx Air Player of the week award isn't tainted, unlike your "Super Bowl" win.

You're not really gonna compare the FedEx award to the Super Bowl, are you?????

I'm sure if you line up every player in the league, and ask them their motivation for enduring the weight training, the cardio, the mini-camps, the training camps, the practices, the film sessions, the waking up in pain after every game, not being able to walk without help when they retire from the game, being 2-3 inches shorter when they retire than when they first started playing, and they're all gonna say....",WHY, TO WIN THE FEDEX AIR/GROUND PLAYER OF THE WEEK AWARD, OF COURSE!!!"

Congratulations CJ, just when I thought the well was dry of ignorant Bungle fans, you proved me wrong. Move over BengalBrian, watch out CS85, there's a new champion of village idiots to take your place.

Black@Gold Forever32
11-23-2006, 11:03 AM

Jens boo boos = 10
Carson's boo boos = 2

Your right I don't care about the Bengals smack talk in this thread or all that goes on in this forum. Its a Steelers site. Newsflash Steelers fans are going to smack the Bengals on this forum. I'm a memeber of Cincybengals.com. You know what I don't throw a fit and go on a crusade when Bengals fans smack the Steelers on cincybengals. Its a Bengals site so no suprise they smack the Steelers. Thats the point you seem to miss. On SF most Steelers can give a flying **** about the Bengals and really don't want to hear about Carson and his Pro Bowl.

MACH1
11-23-2006, 12:56 PM
I'll bet catoon has that AFCN t-shirt front and center in his trophy case along with that FEDEX award.:mail:

HometownGal
11-23-2006, 02:32 PM

Jens boo boos = 10
Carson's boo boos = 2

Ben's better at winning playoff games and Super Bowls too, along with playing hurt (unlike that puss Cartoon) and shouldering the blame instead of crying about it on the sidelines. Until Cartoon wins a playoff game and then a SB, which with that horrendous defense will be the day Saddam Hussein voluntarily eats a pulled pork sandwich, Ben is heads, shoulders (and knees) above Cartoon. :banana:

CJ#85
11-23-2006, 08:23 PM
Ben's better at winning playoff games and Super Bowls too, along with playing hurt (unlike that puss Cartoon) and shouldering the blame instead of crying about it on the sidelines. Until Cartoon wins a playoff game and then a SB, which with that horrendous defense will be the day Saddam Hussein voluntarily eats a pulled pork sandwich, Ben is heads, shoulders (and knees) above Cartoon. :banana:

Shouldering the blame? Ok, name one time Carson has cried on the sidelines. Also, name a quarterback who has been successfully able to play with a torn ACL/MCL. Your quarterback had a minor knee injury and missed a few weeks. The recovery time for anyone with an ACL/MCL tear is usually at least a year no matter who the person is. Carson was back in 8 months to play in the opener.

stillers4me
11-23-2006, 08:57 PM
Shouldering the blame? Ok, name one time Carson has cried on the sidelines. Also, name a quarterback who has been successfully able to play with a torn ACL/MCL. Your quarterback had a minor knee injury and missed a few weeks. The recovery time for anyone with an ACL/MCL tear is usually at least a year no matter who the person is. Carson was back in 8 months to play in the opener.

rah rah rah for Carson. And they're doing so well, too. :coffee:

I live in Cincy.........I see and hear what's going on. It ain't pretty. So take your snowjob somewhere else. (see, I was nice.....I said SNOWjob).

Black@Gold Forever32
11-23-2006, 08:58 PM

There you go running your ****ing mouth without knowing all the facts. Ben didn't want the ****ing knee surgery in the first place. Ben wanted to play through the pain and wait until after the ****ing season to have the knee surgery. Bill Cowher asked Ben to shut down and take care of his knee before it became more of a problem down the road. So know the facte before running your mouth.

CJ#85
11-23-2006, 09:05 PM
There you go running your ****ing mouth without knowing all the facts. Ben didn't want the ****ing knee surgery in the first place. Ben wanted to play through the pain and wait until after the ****ing season to have the knee surgery. Bill Cowher asked Ben to shut down and take care of his knee before it became more of a problem down the road. So know the facte before running your mouth.

Sam Adams is doing that, and it's not working. Your coach was right. I'm still saying though his injury was still different and smaller. That doesn't change the recovery time for ACL/MCL tears. Name a quarterback who was able to play with both of those torn at once. Recovery time is at least a year. Carson came back 2-4 months ahead of schedule.

Tankus_Maximus
11-23-2006, 09:07 PM
Sam Adams is doing that, and it's not working. Your coach was right. I'm still saying though his injury was still different and smaller. That doesn't change the recovery time for ACL/MCL tears. Name a quarterback who was able to play with both of those torn at once. Recovery time is at least a year. Carson came back 2-4 months ahead of schedule.

Then he's an idiot.

stillers4me
11-23-2006, 09:13 PM
Then he's an idiot.

:thumbsup: But he still has the FedEX player of the week trophy!! :sofunny: :sofunny:

Tankus_Maximus
11-23-2006, 09:15 PM
:thumbsup: But he still has the FedEX player of the week trophy!! :sofunny: :sofunny:

Don't forget his Heisman & AFC North Chumps T-Shirt!!:yawn:

Black@Gold Forever32
11-23-2006, 09:15 PM

Hey I don't have an issue with Carson Palmer. I happen to be fan of Carson's. I liked Carson when he played for USC. I only started smacking the Bengals since you seem to always have a Ben rant and like to say the Steelers Super Bowl win was tainted last year. Sorry but the Steelers Super Bowl win last year was the first in my lifetime. I wasn't alive for the Steel Curtain days. So last year was a special year for me. Sorry that Palmer went down in that play-off game. But the Bengals defense had alot to do with the Bengals lossing that game.

But I know you're just defending your team. But alot of people don't care about the Bengals around here on SF. So you constantly crusading for the Bengals gets old. I'm a member of cincybengals.com and I let the Bengals fans smack the Steelers all they want and don't be a constant pain in the ass on cincybengals. Its a Bengals site to the Bengals fans should smack the Steelers. Just like this is a Steelers site and Steelers fans should smack the Bengals if they fill the need. I usually don't smack. I'm not one for that. But I just don't like the constant shots taken at Ben or Super Bowl titles. If you failed to miss the Steelers were the first 6th seed to win the Super Bowl. So nothing was handed to them. They played like a team and got the job done.

Tankus_Maximus
11-23-2006, 09:17 PM
Hey I don't have an issue with Carson Palmer. I happen to be fan of Carson's. I liked Carson when he played for USC. I only started smacking the Bengals since you seem to always have a Ben rant and like to say the Steelers Super Bowl win was tainted last year. Sorry but the Steelers Super Bowl win last year was the first in my lifetime. I wasn't alive for the Steel Curtain days. So last year was a special year for me. Sorry that Palmer went down in that play-off game. But the Bengals defense had alot to do with the Bengals lossing that game.

But I know you're just defending your team. But alot of people don't care about the Bengals around here on SF. So you constantly crusading for the Bengals gets old. I'm a member of cincybengals.com and I let the Bengals fans smack the Steelers all they want and don't be a constant pain in the ass on cincybengals. Its a Bengals site to the Bengals fans should smack the Steelers. Just like this is a Steelers site and Steelers fans should smack the Bengals if they fill the need. I usually don't smack. I'm not one for that. But I just don't like the constant shots taken at Ben or Super Bowl titles. If you failed to miss the Steelers were the first 6th seed to win the Super Bowl. So nothing was handed to them. They played like a team and got the job done.

Amen. :cheers:

CJ#85
11-23-2006, 09:53 PM

Listen, I don't know if you've read my message that I sent to you or not. You have the ring, it's said and done. Were your performances excellent leading up to the Super Bowl? Yes! You went on a heck of a ride.

Do I feel we could have beat you if we had Carson? I feel it would have been more equal playing field. Seen Kitna in Detroit?:dang: Do I think your coach or players told Kimo to take out Carson? No, I don't think your coach or players would ever do that. However, how would you feel to be at that game, after 15 years of agony, of being useless schedule fodder for other NFL teams, and see your team's key man you've wanted for years go down? I've seen that replay, Steinbach's hand was around him as to hold, but then he released so he wouldn't recieve a flag. Kimo used his own force and momentum to get to that knee and take it out. I saw how he twisted and shoved his shoulder into it, knowing he could hurt Carson. There is now the rule protecting quarterbacks as a direct result of that hit. Obviously, the rest of your team or fans couldn't help Carson was down. The game had to go on. It's just, some of your players, I believe Larry Foote, was jumping for joy and mocking Bengal fans in the stands. Also, some Bengal fans were watching the game at primarily Steeler bars. They said the Steeler fans were standing up, cheering, and buying each other a round of drinks. The people behind us, also Steeler fans, were yelling obscentities and waving their towels about Carson's injury. That is what has led me to not feel any respect for the Steelers.

Ok, so Carson's gone and you go on to win. Your other victories were impressive, and I believe the refs tried to give the game to the Colts, like that Polamalu interception which they ruled incomplete. If they had gone on, I would have thought it was unfair, even though the Colts are my other favorite team in the NFL. Peyton is an awesome quarterback, but his playoff and big game chokes drive me bonkers. :banging: In the Super Bowl, the calls were ridiculous, and I went to message boards around the league afterwords, and they honestly believed the calls were unfair. You did good things, but a lot of the good things the Seahawks did, well, they were wiped out. Plus, even Ben didn't think he scored a touchdown on that one play. When I saw it, I thought, maybe it can be ruled a touchdown when you're that close to the endzone. All in all, you end up with the ring. You flaunt the thing in near every post and thread. Sure, you got those r rings in the 70s. Steroids were a problem then, but since most teams were using steroids, I'll consider it equal playing fields for the most part. You had a good season last year, a great come back during the season, impressive playoff wins, but you flaunt that ring which I feel you may not have had it were Carson not injured or the game called differently. It's over, it's said and done. I know the Bengals don't have rings, but you rub it in so much that I rub in my caveats about last years Super Bowl.

I thought this was a Blast Furnace. I thought that the purpose of it was to smack talk about your teams. What fun would it be if you bad mouthed teams all you wanted and no one bantered back and forth? Sure, I've been sticking around, and contrary to popular opinion, I hate being ridiculed. I just feel I would be more stupid to allow myself to be criticized and not stick up for myself. In the Smack Forum over at Bengals.com, heck the Steeler fans are ripping on the Bengals all the time. Ha, a Panthers fan was there, and he said boy, that place is filled with Steeler fans always ripping on you guys.

Lastly, you accuse me of being repetitious. I feel I am being that way too. Just look, however, at how many threads on page one are making fun of the Bengals and Carson. They always say the same thing, "We have more rings, and Carson sucks." How do I respond? I admit we have no rings, we are ringless. However, I rub in my own caveats about last years Superbowl. I defend Carson and counteract by making fun of Ben. The threads are a lot alike. There are only so many different things I can say in response to particular remarks.

Ok, that's it, tear me apart.

MACH1
11-23-2006, 10:21 PM
Also, some Bengal fans were watching the game at primarily Steeler bars. They said the Steeler fans were standing up, cheering, and buying each other a round of drinks.

I know I did and enjoyed every second of it:cheers:

You flaunt the thing in near every post and thread.

And your saying IF the bungels HAD a ring you wouldnt be in here flaunting it :dang:

I thought that the purpose of it was to smack talk about your teams. What fun would it be if you bad mouthed teams all you wanted and no one bantered back and forth? Sure, I've been sticking around, and contrary to popular opinion, I hate being ridiculed.

If you dont like it get the f*** out and go away.

"We have more rings, and Carson sucks."

Yes, Yes we do and yes Carson sucks

Black@Gold Forever32
11-23-2006, 11:36 PM
CJ#1Groupie you need to do some research before posting your garbage. About the Roids issue. I highly doubt that Lynn Swann, John Stallworth, Terry Bradshaw or any of the Steelers skill players used them. In the 70's roids were taken mainly by lineman for the most part. You did point out it was a league wide problem so yes it was leveling playing field. As for Carson's injury yea Kemo is just an evil ass person and hurt Carson on purpose. Get that shit out here.

As for the calls in the Super Bowl last year. I'm so glad you can tell that Ben didn't get it in on his rushing TD. You do know the ball only has to break the plane right? The play was so ****ing close it could have gone either way. It was judgement call made by the ref. Not that hard to ****ing figure out. The ref made the call he saw fit. Well D. Jackson did push off of Chris Hope on the Seahawks TD that was taken away. My problem with that call is the refs rarely ever call offensive P.I. that they chose the biggest game of the year to enforce that penalty. Really the Refs need to call offensive P.I. when it happens or not at all. But hell Michael Irvin would have never caught a pass if offensive P.I. was called all the time. Since Irvin made a living of pushing off.

As for the hold call on Lechlear the Hawks RT that wiped out a Seahawks first down at the 1. It was a hold sorry and he cleary held and disrupted Clark Haggans pass rush. As for the stupid polls that you point that it was a poorly called game. Most football fans hate the Steelers, Nation wide. Especially the ones that grew up in the 70's when the Steelers were the team of the decade. So no suprise the rest of the Nation would hate against the Steelers.

As for Foote cheering when Carson went down. I don't know since I wasn't there. But I'm sure a Bengals player or two would have cheered if Ben had went down. As for Steelers fans cheering when Carson went down. Again some Bengals fans would have done the same if Ben would have went down. I forone never cheer when any player is injured.

Since you have been posting on this site. You havn't tried to have a real conversation about football. All you do is take shots at the Steelers. Which is weak and really we don't give a flying **** about your opinions about the Black@Gold. If you want to have a real conversation then I will listen. But if its going to be the constant garbage you post. Then I'll continue to post garbage back.

CJ#85
11-23-2006, 11:55 PM
CJ#1Groupie you need to do some research before posting your garbage. About the Roids issue. I highly doubt that Lynn Swann, John Stallworth, Terry Bradshaw or any of the Steelers skill players used them. In the 70's roids were taken mainly by lineman for the most part. You did point out it was a league wide problem so yes it was leveling playing field. As for Carson's injury yea Kemo is just an evil ass person and hurt Carson on purpose. Get that shit out here.

As for the calls in the Super Bowl last year. I'm so glad you can tell that Ben didn't get it in on his rushing TD. You do know the ball only has to break the plane right? The play was so ****ing close it could have gone either way. It was judgement call made by the ref. Not that hard to ****ing figure out. The ref made the call he saw fit. Well D. Jackson did push off of Chris Hope on the Seahawks TD that was taken away. My problem with that call is the refs rarely ever call offensive P.I. that they chose the biggest game of the year to enforce that penalty. Really the Refs need to call offensive P.I. when it happens or not at all. But hell Michael Irvin would have never caught a pass if offensive P.I. was called all the time. Since Irvin made a living of pushing off.

As for the hold call on Lechlear the Hawks RT that wiped out a Seahawks first down at the 1. It was a hold sorry and he cleary held and disrupted Clark Haggans pass rush. As for the stupid polls that you point that it was a poorly called game. Most football fans hate the Steelers, Nation wide. Especially the ones that grew up in the 70's when the Steelers were the team of the decade. So no suprise the rest of the Nation would hate against the Steelers.

As for Foote cheering when Carson went down. I don't know since I wasn't there. But I'm sure a Bengals player or two would have cheered if Ben had went down. As for Steelers fans cheering when Carson went down. Again some Bengals fans would have done the same if Ben would have went down. I forone never cheer when any player is injured.

Since you have been posting on this site. You havn't tried to have a real conversation about football. All you do is take shots at the Steelers. Which is weak and really we don't give a flying **** about your opinions about the Black@Gold. If you want to have a real conversation then I will listen. But if its going to be the constant garbage you post. Then I'll continue to post garbage back.

I don't know which players used steroids, it's just I read an article by Ron Cook from the Pittsburgh Post Gazette that said use of steroids was high among the Steelers at that time. It's just I figure other players from other teams were using them as well. If a lot of players were using them, then the playing field was fair.

I know he has to break the plane, but honestly, the first time I saw that and they called it a touchdown, I thought, do you only have to come very close to breaking the plane in order to score. He was close, but an inch or two shy.

Since I have been posting on this site, I've never seen a REAL conversation about football. All I've seen is thread after thread taking shots at the Bengals. Since it is a Smack Forum, I take shots at the Steelers. A couple times I have brought up other things, and those comments get ignored, and I get told in response, blah blah blah, the Bengals suck. Well, the threads contain rants making fun of Carson, so I stick up for him and make fun of Ben. The threads mock us not having rings, I mock last years ring. Sports announcers have said the same things I have, and surely not all of the "hate" the Steelers. I've critiqued the Bengals on here, see the defense thread. I've tried to talk non smack and I get smacked. What do you want me to say?

ShutDown24
11-24-2006, 12:06 AM
"I don't know which players used steroids, it's just I read an article by Ron Cook from the Pittsburgh Post Gazette that said use of steroids was high among the Steelers at that time. It's just I figure other players from other teams were using them as well. If a lot of players were using them, then the playing field was fair." -CJ#85

Then there is not point in talking about it.

"I know he has to break the plane, but honestly, the first time I saw that and they called it a touchdown, I thought, do you only have to come very close to breaking the plane in order to score. He was close, but an inch or two shy." -CJ#85

The plane is the white line in front of the end zone, the ball broke beyond the white line before Ben was down. The problem was most people beleived the the "plane" was beyond the white line and did not include it.

"Since I have been posting on this site, I've never seen a REAL conversation about football. All I've seen is thread after thread taking shots at the Bengals." -CJ#85

If its that bad, stop coming here.

clarient
11-24-2006, 12:28 AM
I don't know which players used steroids, it's just I read an article by Ron Cook from the Pittsburgh Post Gazette that said use of steroids was high among the Steelers at that time. It's just I figure other players from other teams were using them as well. If a lot of players were using them, then the playing field was fair.

I know he has to break the plane, but honestly, the first time I saw that and they called it a touchdown, I thought, do you only have to come very close to breaking the plane in order to score. He was close, but an inch or two shy.

Since I have been posting on this site, I've never seen a REAL conversation about football. All I've seen is thread after thread taking shots at the Bengals. Since it is a Smack Forum, I take shots at the Steelers. A couple times I have brought up other things, and those comments get ignored, and I get told in response, blah blah blah, the Bengals suck. Well, the threads contain rants making fun of Carson, so I stick up for him and make fun of Ben. The threads mock us not having rings, I mock last years ring. Sports announcers have said the same things I have, and surely not all of the "hate" the Steelers. I've critiqued the Bengals on here, see the defense thread. I've tried to talk non smack and I get smacked. What do you want me to say?

You've made 150 posts on this forum and let's see - exactly 8 of them were made in a room OTHER than the Blast Furnace. Only one of them was made in the NFL Football room. The first one you made about Ben in Pittsburgh Steelers was actually met with an appreciative response from two other forum members!

This is coming from a diehard Bengals fan, he has had just a rough couple of years. First he hurts his knee and misses some games, then he hurts his thumb, next he almost dies in a motorcycle accident, then again there is thumb boo boo part two, and finally he has to have his appendix out.

So, here's to Ben and Steeler fans, I wish you well and good luck from here on out (he needs some). I hope he's alright. No matter how big of a rivalry is between teams, I would never (and most Bengal fans would never either) want to see someone suffer so much. I've had enough health problems myself and know what it's like to be sick wishing you were up and about. He seems like a tough guy so I think he'll do okay. I'm looking forward to our next match up.

Remember that?! That was a nice beginning - but then your next thirty posts (at least!) were in HERE.

Out of the seven other posts you've made outside the BF, roughly half of them are inane comments that hold little insight and don't deserve any serious thought, let alone a response.

How about you try verturing outside the Blast Furnace instead of skulking around in a room dedicated to talking shit? If you have any actual opinions about football we've yet to see them. This is assuming you have any opinions besides 'I hate the Steelers' and 'I love the Bengals'. I really don't feel sorry for you when you pick fights with people who are looking to argue and then complain that nobody takes the posts you don't make seriously.

MACH1
11-24-2006, 12:30 AM
Since I have been posting on this site, I've never seen a REAL conversation about football.

Then stop posting in the BF.....:dang: :dang: :dang: :dang:

CJ#85
11-24-2006, 01:19 AM
[QUOTE=clarient;180298]You've made 150 posts on this forum and let's see - exactly 8 of them were made in a room OTHER than the Blast Furnace. Only one of them was made in the NFL Football room. The first one you made about Ben in Pittsburgh Steelers was actually met with an appreciative response from two other forum members!

"Out of the seven other posts you've made outside the BF, roughly half of them are inane comments that hold little insight and don't deserve any serious thought, let alone a response."

Uh, ok. You actually think your Palmer sucks we have 5 rings posts hundreds of times per day are insightful and thoughtful? They don't deserve a serious response, that's why I don't give you one.

"How about you try verturing outside the Blast Furnace instead of skulking around in a room dedicated to talking shit? If you have any actual opinions about football we've yet to see them. This is assuming you have any opinions besides 'I hate the Steelers' and 'I love the Bengals'. I really don't feel sorry for you when you pick fights with people who are looking to argue and then complain that nobody takes the posts you don't make seriously."

I never argued that you don't take my posts seriously. I'm just saying, you act like my posts are so bad and yours are all the same types of things except against the Bengals. I'm just responding how the thread warrants.

You've yet to see them, but I've given my opinion on Manning, Vick, the Browns, and Cowher's possible retirement, OJ Simpson, I've critiqued my own team after losses, admitted our defense needs drastic improvement, and I've congratulated you on your past two wins.

SteelersWoman
11-24-2006, 04:49 AM
The FedEx Air Player of the week award isn't tainted, unlike your "Super Bowl" win.

Buffalo's J.P. Losman threw for 340 yards and three TDs, completing 26 of 38 passes.
New England's Tom Brady completed 20 of 31 passes for 244 yards and four TDs
Cincinnati's Carson Palmer completed 14 of 22 passes for 275 yards and three TDs.

J.P threw for 65 more yards, and had the same amount of TDs. Tom got his team 6 extra points.
You really think that C.P. deserved that award over the other two? Is so, on what merit?

As far as "cryin on the sidelines"--I think they're referring to the childish tantrums C.P. throws.

stillers4me
11-24-2006, 08:04 AM
If you want to talk about how great the Bengals are, go to a Bengals site. You're never going to have that conversation here. :dang:

Stillers#1
11-24-2006, 11:17 AM
What hardware has he seen in the pro's? Besides his shiny new knee brace.

"In 2005, Palmer led the Bengals to an 11-5 record and an AFC North division title, their first division title since 1990. He also set the franchise record for highest passer rating in a season.

That did them a lot of good, they got beat in the first round. Oh btw, that Division Championship was tainted. You got it on a technicality. You split the season series with the Steelers, you won the division on the 2nd or 3rd tie-breaker, so it's not even a legit DC. Smoke on that one.

Im not a huge Ben fan (never have been) however in his 2nd season starting, he won a Super Bowl. Also have fun smoking on that one.

MACH1
11-24-2006, 11:50 AM
What hardware has he seen in the pro's? Besides his shiny new knee brace.

That did them a lot of good, they got beat in the first round. Oh btw, that Division Championship was tainted. You got it on a technicality. You split the season series with the Steelers, you won the division on the 2nd or 3rd tie-breaker, so it's not even a legit DC. Smoke on that one.

Im not a huge Ben fan (never have been) however in his 2nd season starting, he won a Super Bowl. Also have fun smoking on that one.

Shes too busy somking on CJ and CP. :chicken: :chicken:

clarient
11-24-2006, 12:05 PM
[QUOTE=clarient;180298]You've made 150 posts on this forum and let's see - exactly 8 of them were made in a room OTHER than the Blast Furnace. Only one of them was made in the NFL Football room. The first one you made about Ben in Pittsburgh Steelers was actually met with an appreciative response from two other forum members!

"Out of the seven other posts you've made outside the BF, roughly half of them are inane comments that hold little insight and don't deserve any serious thought, let alone a response."

Uh, ok. You actually think your Palmer sucks we have 5 rings posts hundreds of times per day are insightful and thoughtful? They don't deserve a serious response, that's why I don't give you one.

"How about you try verturing outside the Blast Furnace instead of skulking around in a room dedicated to talking shit? If you have any actual opinions about football we've yet to see them. This is assuming you have any opinions besides 'I hate the Steelers' and 'I love the Bengals'. I really don't feel sorry for you when you pick fights with people who are looking to argue and then complain that nobody takes the posts you don't make seriously."

I never argued that you don't take my posts seriously. I'm just saying, you act like my posts are so bad and yours are all the same types of things except against the Bengals. I'm just responding how the thread warrants.

You've yet to see them, but I've given my opinion on Manning, Vick, the Browns, and Cowher's possible retirement, OJ Simpson, I've critiqued my own team after losses, admitted our defense needs drastic improvement, and I've congratulated you on your past two wins.

You just said you tried to have intelligent conversations outside the Blast Furnace - and I'm telling you, eight measly posts says that you're a liar. All your talk about offering your opinions on other subjects and it's all contained entirely within eight posts. Less than that, because you can't count witty repartee like "I voted for Ketchup." The fact is, you can't bear to drag yourself from defending your favorite team on a board that dislikes them immensely. Where's the sense in that?!

Here's the deal: Steelers fans hate the Bengals. It will never, ever change. We will continue to take pot shots and ridicule them and in general have a grand old time talking the smack about your favorite team. But guess what else?! It's our BOARD, and it's our RIGHT. But that's not the only thing we do on here - we talk about football, too. There are members on this board - highly reputed members, no less - who aren't Steelers fans and manage to have plenty of intelligent conversations with us. Why aren't you capable of it?

Maybe it's because you are too easily distracted trying to defend your team everywhere you see them maligned? A noble goal, to be sure, because the last time I graced a Bengals board with my presence, I was absolutely livid with how they treated what is, in my opinion, the greatest team on earth. But in similar fashion - it's THEIR board, it's THEIR right. And I'm not going to waste my time trying to convert the lost. ;)

Your passion is commendable, but here's my advice - take the same attitude. If you can't deal with the fact that there are other people in the world who think your team is a useless sack of crap, then you don't belong on a Steelers board in any shape or fashion. The world is full of differing opinions. I can assure you there are other fans out there who dislike both the Steelers and the Bengals with just about the same intensity.

That's pretty much all I'm gonna say here - but odds are you'll just write me off as another ignorant Steelers fan and keep up your current strategy of whinging about your baby Bengals, and how we stupid Steelers suck, and the Bengals are so much greater. And all you'll get in reply is, "Who's got the Rings, troll?" And then you'll start over the same vicious cycle you've been complaining about. (Here's a hint: you're helping to perpetuate it!)

Black@Gold Forever32
11-24-2006, 12:16 PM

Well I'm going to discuss the Roids issue anymore. We both don't know how many players used throughout the whole NFL so there is no point in discussing it. It was problem though and the NFL did address the roids issue. Unlike MLB.

On Ben's TD. Look again or get some ****ing glasses. The play was real close I agree with that. But if you can't tell the nose of the football broke the plane. Then I don't know what to ****ing tell you. But I guess if sports announcers say the same things they must be right. Come alot of sports announcers are major tools. That just like to add drama.

Have a real football conversation. I havn't yet see any real conversation from yet. All I have read is smack. Thats the only reason I smack back at you. I usually don't post in the BF.

One final note if you don't like SF then why comeback all the time. I know to defend the Bengals. But this is a Steelers site and some Steelers fans are always going to smack the Bengals. This is our turf.

Jeremy
11-24-2006, 12:19 PM
One final note if you don't like SF then why comeback all the time. I know to defend the Bengals. But this is a Steelers site and some Steelers fans are always going to smack the Bengals. This is our turf.

I don't know if CJ#85 is from Ohio or not. But if he is, good luck trying to make him see logic.

Black@Gold Forever32
11-24-2006, 12:23 PM
I don't know if CJ#85 is from Ohio or not. But if he is, good luck trying to make him see logic.

CJ#1Groupie is a chick.

Jeremy
11-24-2006, 12:29 PM
Same logic applies.

tony hipchest
11-24-2006, 12:30 PM
CJ#1Groupie is a chick. you forgot to bold chick.

oh wait... thats for the carton of eggs thread :dang:

theres so many good ones its hard to keep up with. :chuckle:

stillers4me
11-24-2006, 12:33 PM
you forgot to bold chick.

oh wait... thats for the carton of eggs thread :dang:

theres so many good ones its hard to keep up with. :chuckle:

:sofunny: :sofunny: :sofunny:

Don't forget some of us chicks from Ohio are Steeler fans...........but Flood and I were born in western Pa.......we just flew the coop!! :tt02:

Jeremy
11-24-2006, 12:37 PM
:sofunny: :sofunny: :sofunny:

Don't forget some of us chicks from Ohio are Steeler fans...........but Flood and I were born in western Pa.......we just flew the coop!! :tt02:

The effect is less noticebale if you're a non-native. But natives of Ohio are strange birds.

CJ#85
11-24-2006, 09:07 PM
The effect is less noticebale if you're a non-native. But natives of Ohio are strange birds.

Talk about noticeable. Your lovely Pittsburgh reporters put the address of the old lady who bonked Jen off his tricycle in the NEWSPAPER! That poor old lady was getting death threats. Do you honestly think she wanted to hit that man? She felt guilty enough as it is, and you make all her information public and go after her. If that's not strange, I don't know what is.

Sienna Miller, now there's a bright actress, she spent some time in Spitsburgh filming a movie and she hated it. Huh.

And for the buddy boy who said all my regular football talk was confined to under 8 posts, actually, some of it was in the BF, but it got ignored for your record playing :blah: .

Lastly, Tony Bologna, I think WildJames was right about you, your smack SUCKS. The only smack you people have is to tell me, a) you're stupid, b) you're points aren't valid c) we have rings and you suck d) go away. Notice why there are no other people that want to waste their time arguing with you, you people suck at it. You act like children, and I have been reduced to that level myself. What a pity. The only SMART thing you have said is to tell me to leave. Any person that leaves this place is actually pretty intelligent, they won't get reduced down to your level by listening to your meaningless drivel.

clarient
11-24-2006, 09:37 PM
Talk about noticeable. Your lovely Pittsburgh reporters put the address of the old lady who bonked Jen off his tricycle in the NEWSPAPER! That poor old lady was getting death threats. Do you honestly think she wanted to hit that man? She felt guilty enough as it is, and you make all her information public and go after her. If that's not strange, I don't know what is.

Sienna Miller, now there's a bright actress, she spent some time in Spitsburgh filming a movie and she hated it. Huh.

And for the buddy boy who said all my regular football talk was confined to under 8 posts, actually, some of it was in the BF, but it got ignored for your record playing :blah: .

Lastly, Tony Bologna, I think WildJames was right about you, your smack SUCKS. The only smack you people have is to tell me, a) you're stupid, b) you're points aren't valid c) we have rings and you suck d) go away. Notice why there are no other people that want to waste their time arguing with you, you people suck at it. You act like children, and I have been reduced to that level myself. What a pity. The only SMART thing you have said is to tell me to leave. Any person that leaves this place is actually pretty intelligent, they won't get reduced down to your level by listening to your meaningless drivel.

FEMALE, thank you, and you should know by now that serious talk doesn't belong in here.

floodcitygirl
11-24-2006, 11:32 PM
The effect is less noticebale if you're a non-native. But natives of Ohio are strange birds.While I appreciate the differential, your seeming defense gives me reason for great concern. You're really a Steeler fan in hiding, right???!!! :dang: :smile:

tony hipchest
11-25-2006, 01:29 AM
Lastly, Tony Bologna, I think WildJames was right about you, your smack SUCKS. The only smack you people have is to tell me, a) you're stupid, b) you're points aren't valid c) we have rings and you suck d) go away. Notice why there are no other people that want to waste their time arguing with you, you people suck at it. You act like children, and I have been reduced to that level myself. What a pity. The only SMART thing you have said is to tell me to leave. Any person that leaves this place is actually pretty intelligent, they won't get reduced down to your level by listening to your meaningless drivel.:sofunny: wildjames talks to people about me????

lol. what a loooozer! i havent even thought about that wannabe since he tucked his tail and ran when i exposed him as a football dunce. he couldnt even tell us who bruce bratkowski is.

no wonder he sent a chick over to try to win his battles and do his dirty work. :chuckle:

lemme guess. mildjames is yours and brians little brother/son? :busted:

Stillers#1
11-25-2006, 01:33 AM
Man everytime I think of something good to say to a bungles fan....he/she gets banned.

DAMMIT!!!!

tony hipchest
11-25-2006, 01:42 AM
Man everytime I think of something good to say to a bungles fan....he/she gets banned.

DAMMIT!!!!lol. they banned him/her? did they banned his/her "father" too? :rolleyes:

i wonder if he/she inherited his "IQ" from his/her father or if daddy just dropped all them points while raising him/her?

Jeremy
11-25-2006, 09:30 AM

1. That "poor old lady" was anything but. She was one of the rich New England Yankees who own property in Western Pa, but can't be bothered to learn the traffic laws of the city or state. I have a ton of those people in Tucson. They cause more accidents than natives do because they're arrogant and they think they're above the law. As for her address, it's called the Freedom of Information Act. Anyone could get the info and post it on a blog or wepage and it would have gotten out there just the same.

2. Sienna Miller huh? Who's Sienna Miller? Some spoiled bitch who think the world begins and end in Times Square. She was probably in culture shock being around real people. If you think her opinion would have been any different had she been in Cincy, you're just fooling yourself.

3. You write, "Any person that leaves this place is actually pretty intelligent." But you're still here. Seems to me we know who's smart around here and who's trolling the bottom of the gene pool.

skidboot
11-25-2006, 01:06 PM
Chris Collinsworth is to the Announcing Profession what Jethro Bodine was to the Beverly Hillbillies.