PDA

View Full Version : This Steeler deserves alot of credit

Infamix
11-21-2006, 11:03 AM
and he doesn't get much. Clark Haggans

He has elevated his game alot since last year and is a true hard-working Steeler. He's getting older, but I feel real comfortable with him at LB.

Haiku_Dirtt
11-21-2006, 11:29 AM
Good call.

Somebody has to pick it up with Porter and Farrior slipping a little.

Was there anything harder to watch on Sunday than that loud-mouth punk-ass Winslow stiff-arming Joey to the ground? What has Joey ever done to anyone?

Infamix
11-21-2006, 11:30 AM
Good call.

They are slipping, but Porter played real well against the Browns from what I saw. Is Porter getting lazy or is Lebeau dropping him back into coverage?

RoethlisBURGHer
11-21-2006, 11:41 AM
Haggans is my grandfather's favorite linebacker,I think his favorite current Steeler.

Black@Gold Forever32
11-21-2006, 11:49 AM
I like Clark Haggans but the Steelers need to upgrade the OLB spot bigtime. The OLB in a 3-4 defense need to dominate and right now the OLB combo of Porter/Haggans are not dominating. They have played well but not like we all are use to seeing from OLB in this defense. Last year Joey came on late but this year he isn't the same. It could be due to be dropping in coverage more. Maybe when James Harrison is fully healthy they could rotate him in there to keep Porter and Haggans fresh. Since both Porter and Haggans are approaching 30.

We need a combo like Greene/Lloyd or Gildon/Porter.

RoethlisBURGHer
11-21-2006, 12:07 PM
I think in the draft this year we take a player to play the OLB position in one of the first two rounds and our other pick in those two rounds will be a RB who can pound it and who can take it the distance.

I like Pittman from Ohio State a lot.But I wish Chris Wells was a junior isntead of a Freshman,he's our kind of runner.

HometownGal
11-21-2006, 12:10 PM
Clark Haggans has always been a favorite of mine. That guy really loves playing football and hitting hard. He's a total teamer and is a huge (no pun intended - LOL!) credit to the game itself.

I don't know what is going on with Farrior this season - he seems to be somewhat inconsistent in his play. Hopefully, he'll get it into gear this Sunday and be on a Rat-smashing expedition. :thumbsup:

Black@Gold Forever32
11-21-2006, 12:13 PM
Clark Haggans has always been a favorite of mine. That guy really loves playing football and hitting hard. He's a total teamer and is a huge (no pun intended - LOL!) credit to the game itself.

I don't know what is going on with Farrior this season - he seems to be somewhat inconsistent in his play. Hopefully, he'll get it into gear this Sunday and be on a Rat-smashing expedition. :thumbsup:

I think Farrior is just starting to slow down. He is around 33 or 34 years old. Thats not old for common people. But as football players go that is the age you really have to start watching to see if players are slowing down. Really the Steelers would be smart to take 2-3 LB's in this draft. There isn't alot of youth behind Farrior, Porter and Haggans.

ytsan2q
11-21-2006, 10:18 PM
Haggans is having a good year. It has a lot to do with Porter drawing double teams on the other side. Farrior is still at the top of his game. It appears as though he'll be the leading tackler on the team by far this year.

Stlrs4Life
11-21-2006, 10:19 PM
Definately, he is having a better year than Joey.

BlacknGold Bleeder
11-22-2006, 12:09 AM

Farrior slipping ??? I believe he's leading to team in tackles!!

melroseplace
11-22-2006, 07:18 AM
I'm a big fan of Haggans as well...I remember being very impressed by him last year in the playoffs and actually voted for him over Hines (my favorite player) as MVP for the Super Bowl

MJ5150
11-22-2006, 12:00 PM
This is where the injuries to our lesser known backup LB's is catching up to us. At this time, we don't have solid backups that can come in and play a few downs or a series for the starting LBs. So those guys end up staying on the field the whole game pretty much. They never get a chance to sit on the sidelines and rest up. With what is asked of the LB's in the Steeler defense, they all need to take a few plays off here and there.

-Mike