PDA

View Full Version : MNF Observations

sumo
11-21-2006, 11:37 AM
Here are my observations from yesterday's MNF Game:

Theismann is a tool...

Cornheiser's comb over keeps getting worse every week - for some reason, ESPN keeps showing it at the best possible viewing angle, so that even the most casual viewer can see exactly where he parts in down by his ear and greases over the top of his head...

They have guests on every week and the guests try to do commentary on the game while answering stupid questions from Corn and Theismann - awkward and hard to listen to...(this week they showed family pics of the Barbers, asked stupid questions, and had Ronde do commentary- all during live action)

On the sideline, I saw back up QB Jared Lorenzen talking to Eli - Jared has got to be the fattest person in the NFL.. I really would like to see him try and play in a regular season game - makes Sonny Jurgeson look like Kate Moss...

The refs still suck - Plax caught a 15 yard pass over the middle and gets hit - his knee is clearly down -but when he gets slammed to the turf, the balls pops out - the refs of course let it go and call it a fumble because they have no balls -- they spend about 4 minutes on instant replay during which Corn and Theisman are convinced it's taking so long because they have to place the ball back where Plax landed - after all this, the ref comes out and says incomplete pass!!!!!!????? - They continue to defy all logic - you think after Troy's int in the playoffs and a similiar play a few weeks ago with Jermaine Wiggins - they could get these right - NFL needs to fix this ...

Eli is the one of the most overrated QBs in the NFL - with the way the league is now, QBS have to consistently complete at least 60% of their passes - don't know if Eli will ever get there - and when he's bad - he's really bad....

Garard is one of the most underrated QBs in the NFL - Jags have been wasting time with Leftwich at QB - I have seen Garard in three games this year - he's very good

tony hipchest
11-21-2006, 12:23 PM
plex's catch was clearly a catch. nowadays the refs want a player to catch the ball, land, spin around, moonwalk, do the hokey pokey, and then make a football move before they will rule it a catch.

there are 2 rules that the refs have completely forgotten about and the league needs to remind them they still exist:

1) the ground cannot cause a fumble.

2) the keyshawn johnson rule- remember this one? as long as both hands are under the ball, it is secure, and if the tip of the ball touches the ground it is still a completion?
in the past 5 years they have correctly ruled on this once. hundereds of other times it has been ruled incomplete.

oh, and "jacked up" is the best thing to happen to the halftime show in years.

sumo
11-21-2006, 12:39 PM
plex's catch was clearly a catch. nowadays the refs want a player to catch the ball, land, spin around, moonwalk, do the hokey pokey, and then make a football move before they will rule it a catch.

there are 2 rules that the refs have completely forgotten about and the league needs to remind them they still exist:

1) the ground cannot cause a fumble.

2) the keyshawn johnson rule- remember this one? as long as both hands are under the ball, it is secure, and if the tip of the ball touches the ground it is still a completion?
in the past 5 years they have correctly ruled on this once. hundereds of other times it has been ruled incomplete.

oh, and "jacked up" is the best thing to happen to the halftime show in years.

Good points Tony - and I agree with you on "Jacked Up" - I just re-read my post and realized it was all pretty negative - I will always watch MNF no matter what - it's still the best show of the week...I'm just highly critical, because I've been watching it since I was little punk..

boLT fan
11-21-2006, 01:16 PM
My observation: Eli Sucks.

RoethlisBURGHer
11-21-2006, 01:35 PM
Eli is such an overrated peice of garbage.Everyone in the media and every Giant fan is convinced he's the next coming of Jesus Christ,that his pedigree will get him through (by the way,his pedigree has as many Super Bowl appearances as the Clowns do).

When the Clowns drafted (C)ouch at least everyone knew he was overrated.

sumo
11-21-2006, 01:39 PM
My observation: Eli Sucks.

Everybody in San Diego has got to be happy about this - he thought he was the next John Elway turning down San Diego...

boLT fan
11-21-2006, 01:43 PM
Everybody in San Diego has got to be happy about this - he thought he was the next John Elway turning down San Diego...

It's great watching Eli struggle.

And I love how he pouts so much when he messes up. He has great character.

Black@Gold Forever32
11-21-2006, 01:52 PM
Eli is the one of the most overrated QBs in the NFL - with the way the league is now, QBS have to consistently complete at least 60% of their passes - don't know if Eli will ever get there - and when he's bad - he's really bad....

Garard is one of the most underrated QBs in the NFL - Jags have been wasting time with Leftwich at QB - I have seen Garard in three games this year - he's very good

But David Garrard isn't completing 60% of his passes either. In fact Garrard is only completing 53% of his passes and hasn't completed 60% of his passes in any of this starts this year. So while bashing Eli for not completing 60% of his passes. Then you might as well bash Garrard also.

sumo
11-21-2006, 03:31 PM

But David Garrard isn't completing 60% of his passes either. In fact Garrard is only completing 53% of his passes and hasn't completed 60% of his passes in any of this starts this year. So while bashing Eli for not completing 60% of his passes. Then you might as well bash Garrard also.

Excellent point, and I shouldn't make a blanket statement like that without some qualifiers - but Garrard has not been a consistent starter - if you look at his stats, over 4 games, his completion % has gone up each game - I guess the jury is still out on him and I will admit that I'm not a Byron Leftwich fan either - but Eli - geez the guy has almost 3 seasons as a starter - and he's at 53.0 - he's also throwing some Aaron Brooks type ints that make you go hmmmmmmmm...

PisnNapalm
11-21-2006, 03:35 PM
Cornheiser has a head for radio. If he'd jsut admit he's bald and lose the combover I could respect him a little bit more.

Honestly... if the Steelers aren't playing on MNF, I'm not watching it. I'll tune in long enough to get the score but other than that I can't stand it now. Stupid me thought Madden was getting hard to listen to... I didn't know how bad it could be.

ibleedburgundy
11-21-2006, 05:07 PM
I used to listen to Kornheiser's radio show and he was witty, clever, funny, opinionated. On TV I think he is being a little too tentative. He really is nervous and it shows. Hopefully he will warm up to the gig and relax.

Garrard is massively underrated. I went to ECU 3 of the 4 years he started and he was amazing. He took ECU to the top 10 at one point by beating duh U, and their 25 NFL prospects including Clinton Portis, Santana Moss, Shockey, Wilford, Ed Reed, etc. To my knowledge Garrard is the onl NFL player from that ECU squad. I was furious when he fell to the 4th round and frustrated that he has not been a starter until now. Everyone who saw him play in college is a believer. If his last name was Manning he would have been a starter for the last 5 years.

The coverage last night was all about NYC, as if Jacksonville was a mere side show. After the game, all they couldtalk about was Eli Manning for 20 minutes. Then they went to Coughlin's press conference. I felt bad for Jags fans, they are a small market team and ESPN treated them like they were irrelevant.

Black@Gold Forever32
11-21-2006, 05:12 PM
Excellent point, and I shouldn't make a blanket statement like that without some qualifiers - but Garrard has not been a consistent starter - if you look at his stats, over 4 games, his completion % has gone up each game - I guess the jury is still out on him and I will admit that I'm not a Byron Leftwich fan either - but Eli - geez the guy has almost 3 seasons as a starter - and he's at 53.0 - he's also throwing some Aaron Brooks type ints that make you go hmmmmmmmm...

Yes Garrard is getting better and I think he could be a solid player in the NFL but I still think Eli can to. Now I'm sick of the Mannings as anyone else. Just saying it might be early to write Eli off. I happen to be Byron Leftwich fan. I'm a fan of all Mac QB's. Thats why I have been a Ben Roethlisberger fan even before he was a Steeler. But I think the Jags need to go with Garrard. I think its time for Leftwich to move and a change of teams could do him good.

sumo
11-21-2006, 05:42 PM
I used to listen to Kornheiser's radio show and he was witty, clever, funny, opinionated. On TV I think he is being a little too tentative. He really is nervous and it shows. Hopefully he will warm up to the gig and relax.

Garrard is massively underrated. I went to ECU 3 of the 4 years he started and he was amazing. He took ECU to the top 10 at one point by beating duh U, and their 25 NFL prospects including Clinton Portis, Santana Moss, Shockey, Wilford, Ed Reed, etc. To my knowledge Garrard is the onl NFL player from that ECU squad. I was furious when he fell to the 4th round and frustrated that he has not been a starter until now. Everyone who saw him play in college is a believer. If his last name was Manning he would have been a starter for the last 5 years.

The coverage last night was all about NYC, as if Jacksonville was a mere side show. After the game, all they couldtalk about was Eli Manning for 20 minutes. Then they went to Coughlin's press conference. I felt bad for Jags fans, they are a small market team and ESPN treated them like they were irrelevant.

You can tell I like Garrard from my previous post - everybody talks about his mobility, but I'm mostly impressed with his accuracy - he throws a very catchable ball - now if the Jag receivers can pull their heads out with all the drops...

BellatrixBlack
11-23-2006, 12:22 PM
I'm mostly impressed with his accuracy - he throws a very catchable ball - now if the Jag receivers can pull their heads out with all the drops...

Someone is greasing their gloves, Im convinced

Preacher
11-23-2006, 08:55 PM
..I'm just highly critical, because I've been watching it since I was little punk..

As opposed to now being a BIG PUNK?!?! :toofunny::toofunny::toofunny::toofunny::toofunny:

Sorry, I just couldn't resist!!:wave: And yeah, the show really has lost something.

sumo
11-24-2006, 02:50 PM
As opposed to now being a BIG PUNK?!?! :toofunny::toofunny::toofunny::toofunny::toofunny:

Sorry, I just couldn't resist!!:wave: And yeah, the show really has lost something.

That's good:sofunny: