PDA

View Full Version : I HATE THE BROWNS!!

Matty1124
11-21-2006, 04:41 PM
OK... So I'm new here and in fact I'm new to the whole Steelers bandwagon... I have grown up in cleveland :banging: and I have always been a browns fan... I think the time has come for me to drop those LOSERS... I have really had it with a team that can never win, and I'm not just talking about having a winning record, I'm talking about winning a game... I have been to about 10-15 games in the last 3 years and guess what... I have never seen a victory... think I'm kidding... WRONG... I have had it... so from this time forward I would just like to renounce my loyalty to the browns and say I am from this point forward a Steelers fan... I'm moving out of this HELL and in the summer I will be moving in with my girlfriend who lives in... you guessed it PITTSBURGH! I thought it would be hard being a browns fan in Pittsburgh... But after this last drubbing with no hope for a victory in sight... the time has come...

klick81
11-21-2006, 04:49 PM
Interesting...wonder how this one will roll out.

83-Steelers-43
11-21-2006, 04:52 PM
"Lack of loyalty is one of the major causes of failure in every walk of life" - Napoleon Hill

Black@Gold Forever32
11-21-2006, 05:08 PM
Man I guess welcome to the Steelers Nation. I don't mind if someone jumps on the band wagon but you being a former Brown's fan. Well I don't know about that. Hey at least you're not a former Ravens fan then there is noway I could welcome you here.

polamalufan43
11-21-2006, 05:11 PM
Well, Ilike that you are now a steelers fan, but I don't like it that you just left your team because they were losing, even if it is the Browns. I mean, are you going to leave here if we start losing? Faithfulness and loyalty are two key attributes of being a true Steeler fan.
Hmmmm.... what do you guys think?

~Polamalufan43:tt02:

Matty1124
11-21-2006, 05:13 PM
Call me a turn coat if you will but I have live here for 23 years going on 24 years this friday... I've had the real Browns torn from me and relocated, only to have them win a super bowl... then get back a team that "is improving"... honestly a loss is a loss... they cant finish... they go out and get free agents that are past their prime... they make the worst draft choices.... they are the laughing stock.... all of our old division rivals, just look at us as another by week... we have a crummy QB... crummy OL and DL... oh wow kevin windslow jr, goodie f*ckin gum drops, a mouth that doesnt deliver... Edwards is the only hope and with no QB to get him the ball what good is he... i mean even the sun shines on a dogs ass every once in a while, and we may have "glimpses of a great team" (no joke that is what i hear on the radio after another drubing)...

Black@Gold Forever32
11-21-2006, 05:14 PM
Well, Ilike that you are now a steelers fan, but I don't like it that you just left your team because they were losing, even if it is the Browns. I mean, are you going to leave here if we start losing? Faithfulness and loyalty are two key attributes of being a true Steeler fan.
Hmmmm.... what do you guys think?

~Polamalufan43:tt02:

I hear you and I don't know either. I don't care if the Steelers finish 4-12 and don't have another winning season for 40 years. They will always be my team.

clevestinks
11-21-2006, 05:16 PM
OK... So I'm new here and in fact I'm new to the whole Steelers bandwagon... I have grown up in cleveland :banging: and I have always been a browns fan... I think the time has come for me to drop those LOSERS... I have really had it with a team that can never win, and I'm not just talking about having a winning record, I'm talking about winning a game... I have been to about 10-15 games in the last 3 years and guess what... I have never seen a victory... think I'm kidding... WRONG... I have had it... so from this time forward I would just like to renounce my loyalty to the browns and say I am from this point forward a Steelers fan... I'm moving out of this HELL and in the summer I will be moving in with my girlfriend who lives in... you guessed it PITTSBURGH! I thought it would be hard being a browns fan in Pittsburgh... But after this last drubbing with no hope for a victory in sight... the time has come...

Welcome, you won`t be sorry. In the Burgh you rarely see brown and orange. :party:

Elvis
11-21-2006, 05:23 PM
:tt02: :tt02:
Welcome home Amigo... I hope that you are sincere and I hope that you stay a fan as long as some of us other long time Steelers fans.. Myself have been a Steelers fan since the Early 80's so I have been a Steeler since the days of Mark Malone Weegie thompson Rich Erenberg Louis Lipps John Stallworth in the last few glorious years of the one of the greatest WR's to play the game in my opinion and Dont Ever Think That My Heart will Ever Bleed Anything But Black N Gold Baby!!

MJ5150
11-21-2006, 06:46 PM
You're conversion to a Steeler fan will not be complete until you actually move to Pittsburgh as you said you will. Until then, you will be on probation. :smile:

You can be conditionally accepted as a Steeler fan.

-Mike

MACH1
11-21-2006, 06:52 PM
And theres no flip floping between the two. Its one or the other.

Matty1124
11-21-2006, 07:03 PM
I'll finish up school in another month and then ill be out there for good... my gf is a nurse at a hospital in oakland... where i spent every weekend for 4 years... and i was in the south side for the super bowl (and the crazyness after)... it was only a matter of time...

Infamix
11-21-2006, 07:05 PM
I can't tell if your serious or not? If you are, good luck

j-dawg
11-21-2006, 07:18 PM
I hear you and I don't know either. I don't care if the Steelers finish 4-12 and don't have another winning season for 40 years. They will always be my team.

exactly... i'll always be a browns fan.

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e250/veryprofane/braylon.gif

Matty1124
11-21-2006, 07:21 PM
good luck j-dawg... and more power to ya but since ill be leaving the city come the summer... it seems like a good time to cut my ties with the browns... it sucks when seasonal depression lasts from the first preseason game till spring starts

Black@Gold Forever32
11-21-2006, 07:29 PM

Thats why I won't jump your on you for backing the Browns are talk smack to you. You are a diehard and I respect that Bro. Plus the Browns do have a great history. Art can't take that away from Cleveland even if he did move the orginal Browns to Baltimore.

j-dawg
11-21-2006, 07:32 PM
well, i live in los angeles now, but grew up in cleveland. i can't say i support your decision to change loyalties, but i understand your reasons for being depressed... i've recently had a friend of mine convert to the bengals.. now that they're struggling he's trying to act like he's not THAT big of a fan. i find that to be utterly annoying.

Infamix
11-21-2006, 07:33 PM

The Browns are a good team, at least when they play the Steelers:flap: . Any loyal Browns fan should be respected because they stay loyal to their team through the thick and the thin. Besides post-XL Steeler fans, the same goes for us.

beSteelmyheart
11-21-2006, 07:55 PM

My fiancee Mike & his family are all die hard Cleveland fans..at least the ones who care about sports are..(yep, sometimes I have to run the holiday gauntlet)
Mike is often disgusted about the Browns, but he'll never "convert"-sometimes I tell him "it's not too late to be a Steelers fan". His brothers would kill him!

Matty1124
11-21-2006, 07:59 PM
The Browns are a good team, at least when they play the Steelers:flap: . Any loyal Browns fan should be respected because they stay loyal to their team through the thick and the thin. Besides post-XL Steeler fans, the same goes for us.

yeah they are soooo good when they play the steelers... oh we havent beaten the steelers this decade...

"Pittsburgh has dominated of late, winning 11 of the last 12 meetings and wrecking a holiday weekend in Cleveland last season with a 41-0 victory on Christmas Eve. The Steelers (3-6) also hold a 12-3 advantage over the Browns (3-6) since Cleveland's expansion rebirth in 1999.

"It's a rival game," Browns linebacker and special teamer Mason Unck said. "But let's be honest - it hasn't been that big of a rival because they've been beating us."

"The Browns, who haven't won consecutive games - home or away - since 2003, have gone just 19-41 on their home turf in the past seven-plus seasons."

vasteeler
11-22-2006, 12:47 PM
I HAVE BEEN A STEELERS FAN SINCE THE EARLY 70'S WAS HORRIFIED ALL THROUGH THE 80'S NEVER NOT ONCE WOULD I EVER HAVE THOUGHT OF ROOTING FOR ANOTHER TEAM FOR ANY REASON I JUST COULDNT DO IT. SO IF THE STEELERS GO ON A LONG LOOSING STREAK WHO WILL YOU ROOT FOR THEN ...THE CURRENT SUPER BOWL CHAMP OF THAT YEAR GIVE ME A BREAK ESPECIALY CHANGING TO A RIVAL I WOULD RATHER HAVE MY A$$ RAPED BY ZED AND THE GIMP THAN ROOT FOR THE BROWNS RAVENS OR BENGALS SHAME ON YOU

touchdownward
11-22-2006, 01:44 PM
I HAVE BEEN A STEELERS FAN SINCE THE EARLY 70'S WAS HORRIFIED ALL THROUGH THE 80'S NEVER NOT ONCE WOULD I EVER HAVE THOUGHT OF ROOTING FOR ANOTHER TEAM FOR ANY REASON I JUST COULDNT DO IT. SO IF THE STEELERS GO ON A LONG LOOSING STREAK WHO WILL YOU ROOT FOR THEN ...THE CURRENT SUPER BOWL CHAMP OF THAT YEAR GIVE ME A BREAK ESPECIALY CHANGING TO A RIVAL I WOULD RATHER HAVE MY A$$ RAPED BY ZED AND THE GIMP THAN ROOT FOR THE BROWNS RAVENS OR BENGALS SHAME ON YOU
Finally, on the 3rd page of this thread someone feels the way I do about this.
Go Steelers and no one else!!!!:cheers:

Steelers
11-22-2006, 02:42 PM
Lame... :sign06: You pick a team for life. I propose all NFL fans get a tattoo of their ONE team and if they aren't still rooting for that team in 10 years, to hell with them.

Seriously though. Just because you're moving 100 miles East, doesn't mean you can't still be a Clowns fan. There's a part of me that wishes we sucked that bad, so that we could see who the real fans are.

RoethlisBURGHer
11-22-2006, 03:11 PM
:blah: :blah: :blah:

You say your a Steeler fan now,but what if somehow (and I totally don't see this happening) the Browns beat the Steelers for the next 8 years and the Steelers keep on getting the top 10 draft picks?Will you still be a Steeler fan or will you be claiming to be a Browns fan again?

I live in Clowns Town (not by choice) and I have been a die-hard Steelers fan since my birth in 1985.I plan on getting a Steelers tattoo when I get the money because I am sick of being called a bandwagon fan.

:sign06: :sign03:

Go root for the f'n Cowpatties.

Stlrs4Life
11-22-2006, 03:28 PM
How do we even know if this guy is telling the truth? We're on the internet.

t-sizzlez
11-22-2006, 03:42 PM
y would u do that.... if u were a fan u would stick w/ ur team not abandon them... if we start losing ull prolly do the same thing to us... welcome i guess... but i hope you stay :)

CJ#85
11-22-2006, 03:52 PM
Don't abandon your team man. You mentioned Charlie Frye. Maybe I'm the only one, but I really don't think he's that bad of a quarterback. I think he needs a good offensive line to see. Once he gets that, then you can really determine how good he is. Braylon Edwards big problem is dropping some passes. He'll catch these passes that will shock you, and he'll drop these passes that he should catch. Winslow has a bit of a mouth, but I think he's a good tight end. The defense is definitely a bright spot. I'd trade the Bengals defense for yours any day. Ours is ranked dead last! I understand the frustration, but any team can go on a slump, even the Steelers. Would you abandon them then if the Browns started winning?

I know I'll be a Bengal fan for life, even though for years they were horrible, things do turn around.

HometownGal
11-22-2006, 06:19 PM
:flap: Call me a turn coat if you will but I have live here for 23 years going on 24 years this friday... I've had the real Browns torn from me and relocated, only to have them win a super bowl... then get back a team that "is improving"... honestly a loss is a loss... they cant finish... they go out and get free agents that are past their prime... they make the worst draft choices.... they are the laughing stock.... all of our old division rivals, just look at us as another by week... we have a crummy QB... crummy OL and DL... oh wow kevin windslow jr, goodie f*ckin gum drops, a mouth that doesnt deliver... Edwards is the only hope and with no QB to get him the ball what good is he... i mean even the sun shines on a dogs ass every once in a while, and we may have "glimpses of a great team" (no joke that is what i hear on the radio after another drubing)...

I remember a man named Terry Bradshaw. Came from Louisiana Tech and was the Steelers 1st round draft choice in 1970. In his first several seasons with the Steelers, Bradshaw was labled as "erratic" and "stupid" by the sports media and some of our fan-base because of his rural roots and horrendous TD-INT ratio in his first two seasons which was an alarming 19-46. :jawdrop: TB needed a few seasons to adjust to the NFL from college ball and wow what an adjustment he made, going on to lead the Steelers to 4 SB titles, being selected to 3 Pro Bowls, two-time SB MVP, one-time NFL MVP and being inducted into the Pro Football HOF on the first ballot in 1989. I thank my lucky stars that I, as a diehard Steelers fan from the tender age of 4 years, didn't give up on the "Blonde Bomber"! What I'm saying here is that Charlie Frye is a young QB only in his second year in the NFL. You gotta give him a fair shot to mesh with his team and adjust to the NFL as Bradshaw had to. It is impossible, of course, at this point to predict his destiny in the NFL, but never say never. The Browns could also aid in expediting his development by beefing up his supporting cast - he can't turn that team around alone.

I can't say I know the level of disappointment that you feel in your team, as the Steelers organization has provided us Steelers fans with a good number of competitive, exciting teams and champions over the last 3 decades. The one thing I can say with 100% certainty, though, is that I realize that teams have highs and lows and can't be on top every single season - that is unrealistic and (in my best Spock voice :smile: ) illogical - but no matter where I would move on the face of the planet, my heart and my loyalty belongs to the Pittsburgh Steelers. It's black and gold or nothing. :tt02:

Keep the faith and be proud of "who you are"! (unless you are a Bungles fan - LOL!)

stillers4me
11-22-2006, 08:53 PM
Well guys.......have mixed thoughts on this one.

I do believe in being loyal to ones team.......I can't imagine rooting for any other team than my Steelers, win or lose. Super Bowls or no SuperBowls. For a number of years, I paid little attention to football, I asked how my Steelers were doing in conversation but I had other priorities to tend to, bills to pay and a son to raise. I live in Cincy and would always say I was a Steeler fan proudly. I know people that are "new" Steeler fans in the last couple of years. (some are new "football fans" not just Steeler fans). Sometimes it takes the excitement of the big wins to catch the bug .......then you're hooked for life. That's ok........I welcome all fans novice or vets to stand beside me and cheer on the black and the gold, to celebrate the victories and to cry on each others shoulders when we lose.

I've pulled my new husband over to the dark side. He grew up a Giants fan, played for the Jets and Vikings each one year in the 70's, and went on to follow the Redskins. He's an "un-Bengal" by choice before I ever met him.........and he has always admired Bill Cowher as a coach. It just took a slight nudge to push him over the edge.........now he may not be "dyed in the wool" like me and my family, but he's now just as an enthusiastic member of the Steeler Nation as any of us. He proudly wears his Steeler hats to the gym, grocery store, and any place else he can get a rise out a Bengal fan!!! (and loves every minute of it........you would all be so proud!!) He'll soon be sporting a new Lambert jersey.......he went to Kent State the same time that Lambert was there before he himself tried out for the Jets......I'd say his admiration goes back long enough to count!

So what I'm saying is give the guy a chance. He may have grown up a Browns fan.......but hey.......we all know our tastes change as we grow up!! (and most of get us smarter as we get older...........just consider this Matty's coming of age!!) The Steelers aren't exactly have a stellar season........and he still wants to join us anyway!! I think that says enough!!

Matty1124, you can stand by me and cheer the Steelers on........just remember the sun doesn't always shine in the Steeler Nation and we expect you to stand in the rain with us!!! (can you hold that umbrella a little to the right, please??)

wiqidjuggalo
11-22-2006, 09:22 PM
http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=1457840241

this is all i have to say on this matter...

LambertLunatic
11-22-2006, 11:36 PM
What would it take to make me lose my loyalty to the Steelers?

an 0-16 record? nope.
an 0-160 record for a decade? nope.
20 years without making the playoffs? nope.

This isn't to say that I could NEVER forsake the Steelers. It COULD happen......if Mr. Rooney sells the team to Al Davis and they sign Ray Lewis, T.O., Randy Moss, and Chris Henry to free agent contracts. Until then, I am and will always be a Steeler fan!

Preacher
11-23-2006, 03:05 AM
I agree with everyone who said to stay loyal... then I had this thought.

Get a tattoo of your team, and if you don't like them in ten years... Well, in this day and age, what if they are gone to another city?

WHat if the ownership picks up your team and rips them from your city... Like the Browns, the Raiders... TWICE.

Now, I trust Rooney. But if the Steelers were to ever be ripped from Pittsburgh, and move to let's say... L.A., I would NEVER root for that L.A. team, nor for the replacement Steelers, because it is not the original team, and the city didn't make the effort to keep the team (we know that is not true with Rooney and Pittsburgh... I saw Heinz field for the first time a year ago, it was BEAUTIFUL... Good job Pitt in keeping them and building that stadium).

I just wonder... in the age where MOST players and teams have no loyalty... why should fans?

STEELER FANS... We gotta realize we are an anomaly when it comes to the NFL. Very few teams or players show loyalty like the Steelers.

ShutDown24
11-23-2006, 04:45 PM
If hes moving here than I dont have any problem with it... Its people who live half way across the country and once there team suffers a loss its "What team do I like this week" That is what I hate... like I said if your moving here I dont see it as a problem...

SteelCityMan786
11-23-2006, 05:00 PM
What would it take to make me lose my loyalty to the Steelers?

an 0-16 record? nope.
an 0-160 record for a decade? nope.
20 years without making the playoffs? nope.

This isn't to say that I could NEVER forsake the Steelers. It COULD happen......if Mr. Rooney sells the team to Al Davis and they sign Ray Lewis, T.O., Randy Moss, and Chris Henry to free agent contracts. Until then, I am and will always be a Steeler fan!

Don't need to worry about that. It's the Rooney's business for life as far as I'm concerned.

pittsburgh$teelersfan
11-23-2006, 05:04 PM
Hey shoutdown24 you have the same avatar as me
I bet you got it from facemeike.com

ShutDown24
11-23-2006, 05:07 PM
Yep, Ikes my favorite.... stinks hes been struggling this season but I think/hope he can pick it up

83-Steelers-43
11-23-2006, 05:34 PM
but I think/hope he can pick it up

For $22.5 million he better.

ShutDown24
11-23-2006, 05:41 PM
I know :(

If it was a lot of other guys I would simply assume that he got his money and that all he cared about so hes not giving 100% anymore... But knowing what I do about Ike, I know thats not the case...

Whered the former browns fan go to? :P

silver & black
11-23-2006, 05:57 PM

I think the Browns are better off with out you. You don't deserve them.

The Browns are starting to come around. They have a real GM and a quality coach. They have talent on both sides of the ball. Too bad you won't be around when they turn it around. Think how sweet it would be to say you stuck by your team when they sucked, only to be rewarded for your loyalty with a winning team that has finally come into it's own.

Do you plan to come crawling back when they get it together? You are the worst kind of fan... a disloyal one.

Bengals fans suffered for years. Charger fans suffered for years. The loyal fans are now reaping the rewards for staying loyal through the tough years. My Raiders are a horrible team right now. I can only hope that they right the ship in a shorter period of time than it took the Bengals and Chargers, but if not, I'll be right here untill the day comes.

No team deserves, or has use for fans like you. :thmbdown:

ShutDown24
11-23-2006, 06:02 PM
I think the Browns are better off with out you. You don't deserve them.

The Browns are starting to come around. They have a real GM and a quality coach. They have talent on both sides of the ball. Too bad you won't be around when they turn it around. Think how sweet it would be to say you stuck by your team when they sucked, only to be rewarded for your loyalty with a winning team that has finally come into it's own.

Do you plan to come crawling back when they get it together? You are the worst kind of fan... a disloyal one.

Bengals fans suffered for years. Charger fans suffered for years. The loyal fans are now reaping the rewards for staying loyal through the tough years. My Raiders are a horrible team right now. I can only hope that they right the ship in a shorter period of time than it took the Bengals and Chargers, but if not, I'll be right here untill the day comes.

No team deserves, or has use for fans like you. :thmbdown:

Wow, I feel bad for you --- your completely right, I dont see anything posative coming out of Oakland for years to come... But your still there,Your a true fan, keep it up

silver & black
11-23-2006, 06:08 PM
Lame... :sign06: You pick a team for life. I propose all NFL fans get a tattoo of their ONE team and if they aren't still rooting for that team in 10 years, to hell with them.

Seriously though. Just because you're moving 100 miles East, doesn't mean you can't still be a Clowns fan. There's a part of me that wishes we sucked that bad, so that we could see who the real fans are.

Believe me, you really don't want to suck that bad! :banging:

Black@Gold Forever32
11-23-2006, 06:12 PM
I'm a diehard and have mad respect for all the diehards. I don't care if the Steelers are 2-14 and have 15 lossings seasons in a row. The Steelers will always be my team. Hell I'm a diehard Pirates fans. I don't care if their last winning season was in 1992. I still love my Buccos.

83-Steelers-43
11-23-2006, 06:18 PM
I know :(

If it was a lot of other guys I would simply assume that he got his money and that all he cared about so hes not giving 100% anymore... But knowing what I do about Ike, I know thats not the case...

Whered the former browns fan go to? :P

There's no doubt about his attitude. During every interview you can tell what he brings to the table attitude wise. I'm not suggesting he's taking the money and resting on his laurels. I just hope his skills are worth the $22.5.

83-Steelers-43
11-23-2006, 06:20 PM
Personally, I can't imagine rooting for another football team. Born with Steeler blood in the city of Pittsburgh and will die with Steeler blood in the city of Pittsburgh. I will jump on them when they look like #$%& and I will criticize players (part of being a fan last I checked), but I would NEVER switch to another team. It's actually making my stomach sick just talking about it. IT'S JUST WRONG.

This is what it's all about..............

http://www.steelcityhobbies.com/images/Steelers04/Game1.15.5PlayOff/10Fans.jpg
http://clubs.calvin.edu/chimes/images/100-17/p1.jpg

stillers4me
11-23-2006, 06:37 PM
Do you think maybe Steeler fans are just different that way??? Is there something in the water or the air in western Pa. that makes us so loyal? I really don't think most other teams fans feel the way we do. You don't see Bronco Bars or Cowboy bars or any other teams fans gathering in any major city in the country. Yea.......people move out of Dallas or Miami or Seattle and they may remain fans.........but it just seems different.

Black@Gold Forever32
11-23-2006, 06:58 PM
Do you think maybe Steeler fans are just different that way??? Is there something in the water or the air in western Pa. that makes us so loyal? I really don't think most other teams fans feel the way we do. You don't see Bronco Bars or Cowboy bars or any other teams fans gathering in any major city in the country. Yea.......people move out of Dallas or Miami or Seattle and they may remain fans.........but it just seems different.

You're correct that Steelers fans are different. I wasn't born in western PA. But both my mom and dad were. So I was raised a Steelers fan and proud of my western, PA roots. There is truely nothing like the Steelers Nation.

silver & black
11-23-2006, 07:23 PM

Raider fans are the same as Steeler fans. They have a very loyal fanbase with fans that travel the country in support of their team.