PDA

View Full Version : sorry to break the news but i think ravens will teach us a football lesson this week

brind666
11-22-2006, 03:53 AM
i dont see how we can stop both jamal lewis and mcnair.. i would say 30-17 ravens. 3 ints. from ben.

stillers4me
11-22-2006, 05:13 AM
Well.....that's positive thinking.

The Ravens are scared.......how are they going to stop Big Ben and Troy?????? :helmet:

ChronoCross
11-22-2006, 05:14 AM
Defense just has to step up a notch and play better then what they have been. We have more then enough talent on defense. And if you do not think we have a chance why do you even think your a steelers fan. Steelers fans may have doubts but never say another team is going to teach us a lesson. Because if the Steelers play the best they can and mistake free ball, no mcnair and no lewis will be a factor. We have the best team in the division and if it was not for turnovers we would be in first place right now. We gifted rapped games for teams this year. We took ourselves out of the picture.

When talking with people online, they say there scared to play us. There not sure which team will show up right now the good mistake free one are the one that has handed games to every team we lost to.

Dude and if you ever beat against the steelers you are taking a big chance at loosing your money. Never beat against the black and gold.

steelfan 92
11-22-2006, 09:12 AM
i dont see how we can stop both jamal lewis and mcnair.. i would say 30-17 ravens. 3 ints. from ben.

and your supposed to be a steelers fan, thats the way to believe. :kick: we also did not have a chance against indy last year. believe and anything can happen.

SteelerFanInCA
11-22-2006, 09:30 AM

You can jump off the band wagon now.

lamberts-lost-tooth
11-22-2006, 10:06 AM

J. Lewis has 669 yards, 5 TD's (in 10 games) and ranks 18th in rushing. Hardly unstoppable.

Steve McNair has thrown for 1928 yards, 10 TD's and 9 interceptions...ranking 16th in the NFL in total passing yardage

They are #11 in offensive scoring and we are #8....AND as far as your scoring prediction...they have only broke the 30 point mark once this year.

Their Defense has yet to score on a fumble or interception, and they have not returned a Kick or Punt for a TD....We have 1 PR for a TD and three Fumbles returned for scores....

This is a VERY beatable team!!!!! We dont turn the ball over...WE WILL WIN THIS GAME!!!:tt02: :tt02: :helmet: :tt02: :tt02:

MACH1
11-22-2006, 10:14 AM
Dont make boneheaded mistakes, get some pressure on McNair and get the D off the feild on third downs we should be fine.:tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :jammin:

memphissteelergirl
11-22-2006, 10:24 AM
Here's the simple formula for a win Sunday...

Keep McNair and the Ratbirds' offense off the field as long as possible...Steeler offense must sustain their drives.

When the Ravens' offense is on the field, stay in McNair's face constantly!

Special Teams....coverage has got to be better...don't let BJ get the slightest opening...otherwise he's off to the races!

...and of course, no turnovers!

If the Steelers can play their type of football Sunday....we got a shot...the Ravens are good but they ain't all that! They are not unbeatable...

Come on Black & Gold....let's do this!!! :tt02: :tt02:

HometownGal
11-22-2006, 10:29 AM
Hey - brind is entitled to his opinion, though I must disagree with it.

How are we going to stop Jamal Lewis? The same way everyone else, with the exception of Atlanta, have stopped him. Going into Sunday's matchup, Jailhouse Jamal has a grand total of 5 rushing TDs (3 of which he scored in last week's game vs. Atlanta) and a 3.5 YPC - hardly impressive imho. I'm not that concerned about McNair, either, to be quite honest. He scared the bejesus out of me years ago but not anymore. He brings a 10-9 TD/INT ratio and an avg. of 190 YPG into the matchup. Again- hardly impressive. The Steelers are going to have to put some serious pressure on him and not give him time to run around in the pocket which he still can do.

I'm a little more concerned with our STs being able to limit B.J. Sams on returns and the quickness and intensity of the Ravens' D, but the Steelers are going to be bringing their A+ game into this contest and I have all the faith in the world in our guys that they are going to give the Ravens one helluva game. I think this game is going to be more of a defensive battle with the Steelers coming out on top - 17-13. :tt02: :tt02:

lamberts-lost-tooth
11-22-2006, 10:38 AM
Hey - brind is entitled to his opinion, though I must disagree with it.

How are we going to stop Jamal Lewis? The same way everyone else, with the exception of Atlanta, have stopped him. Going into Sunday's matchup, Jailhouse Jamal has a grand total of 5 rushing TDs (3 of which he scored in last week's game vs. Atlanta) and a 3.5 YPC - hardly impressive imho. I'm not that concerned about McNair, either, to be quite honest. He scared the bejesus out of me years ago but not anymore. He brings a 10-9 TD/INT ratio and an avg. of 190 YPG into the matchup. Again- hardly impressive. The Steelers are going to have to put some serious pressure on him and not give him time to run around in the pocket which he still can do.

I'm a little more concerned with our STs being able to limit B.J. Sams on returns and the quickness and intensity of the Ravens' D, but the Steelers are going to be bringing their A+ game into this contest and I have all the faith in the world in our guys that they are going to give the Ravens one helluva game. I think this game is going to be more of a defensive battle with the Steelers coming out on top - 17-13. :tt02: :tt02:

Good call HG...for all the bad blood and the trash talk from the Bengal fans...WE ALL know that its the RAVENS that we loathe beyond any reason...the Steelers will definatley be bringing everything they have.

1) Its the Ravens!!!!!
2) Its a Divisional game
3) Its the Ravens!!!!
4) EVERY game counts at this point
5) Its the Ravens!!!!

Black@Gold Forever32
11-22-2006, 11:06 AM

Yea the unstoppable combo of McNair/J. Lewis almost and should have lost to the Vince Young and the Titans. When Jamal Lewis was in his prime he did jack against the Steelers. No that he is a washed up and over-rated bum. I think he will be a non-factor on Sunday. Go root for the Ravens then you tool if you think the Steelers have no chance.

BigDuke6
11-22-2006, 11:15 AM
Here's the simple formula for a win Sunday...

Keep McNair and the Ratbirds' offense off the field as long as possible...Steeler offense must sustain their drives.

When the Ravens' offense is on the field, stay in McNair's face constantly!

Special Teams....coverage has got to be better...don't let BJ get the slightest opening...otherwise he's off to the races!

...and of course, no turnovers!

If the Steelers can play their type of football Sunday....we got a shot...the Ravens are good but they ain't all that! They are not unbeatable...

Come on Black & Gold....let's do this!!! :tt02: :tt02:

We'd be 10-0 right now if we followed your game plan. But then I guess we wouldnt even be having this conversation if we were 10-0. :cheers:

sumo
11-22-2006, 11:16 AM

GEEEZ! - dude this is a site for Steeler fans, so you know ... Steeler fans come here - of course you're entitled to your opinion, but even the oddsmakers in Vegas are giving us a better chance than you - Baltimore is only favored by 3 points at home! - all the underdogs this year are beating the spread about 60% of the time, so even from a non-bias blind man perspective, we have a better than even chance this weekend ...give me a break! - the Steelers will win!

sumo
11-22-2006, 11:18 AM
oh and we will shut down Lewis completely - I will be surprised if he gets more than 40 yards this Sunday

herewegosteelers
11-22-2006, 11:25 AM

What a way to support your team. Yes the Raven are a good team. but the Steelers are better. I know it is gonna be a nail bitter. but I say- Steelers 31-Raven- 24:tt02: :helmet: :cheer: :banana:

Haiku_Dirtt
11-22-2006, 11:41 AM
:coffee: Did someone say "a lesson?" Good grief.:coffee:

MJ5150
11-22-2006, 11:52 AM
Funny thing is, I was thinking exactly opposite of the thread title.....

sorry to break the news but i think steelers will teach the ravens a football lesson this week

Winning at a pace like the Ravens are is impressive. But they are hardly an unbeatable foe for our Steelers.

-Mike

stlrtruck
11-22-2006, 12:05 PM
My biggest concern about this game is our bi-polar offense. One game their moving the ball on the ground and air and the next it's all air and no ground. The ratbirds defense is good enough that they can return INTs for TDs. They've done it several times this year already. However, all Ben needs to do is take what the def gives him, use HEATH MILLER, and keep their defense on the field for more than 3 plays every series!
Our secondary needs to play a heck of a lot better. Forget these 5-10 yard cushions. Hit them at the line, hit McNair in the back field, and by all means ATTACK THE FOOTBALL WHILE IT'S IN THE AIR!

Atlanta Dan
11-22-2006, 01:11 PM
If the Steelers lose Sunday it will be due to the usual suspects this blighted season(turnovers and poor special teams play). McNair and Jamal Lewis are functional ball players on a functional team; they will convert if they start drives inside the Steelers 50, but this Ravens offense is not exactly the second coming of the late 80s 49ers.

I look for a maximum competitive effort since the Steelers know they are playing a good team that can effectively end their season this Sunday.

This week's money quote on the Ravens is from Don Banks of SI.com

Baltimore is 8-2 and one the major surprises of the season, but in all honesty, has anyone seen Steve McNair put four good quarters of football together yet? To me, the Ravens look a lot like Jacksonville did last year: A very solid but unspectacular 12-4 team that won a bunch of close games, but may be ripe for a one-and-done playoff run.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/writers/don_banks/11/21/mcnabb/2.html

Pretty much sums up my opinion of the 2006 Ravens

polamalufan43
11-22-2006, 01:57 PM
"Believe and things will happen"

~Art Rooney

Yeah, I know it's just a quote, but it's the truth. You need to be determined to win and you have to believe. Talent, strength, and other things are nice things that can help you along the way. I think the Steelers will win, but it will be by a small lead.

~Polamalufan43:tt02:

RoethlisBURGHer
11-22-2006, 02:49 PM
Why don't you jump on the Ratbirds bandwagon?

Stlrs4Life
11-22-2006, 03:12 PM
Scared of McNair and Jamal? I'm more scared of Sams the KO returner for them. Our D should handle Lewis and McNair. I'm more worried about our run ganme versus there D.

t-sizzlez
11-22-2006, 03:44 PM
what a gr8 fan u r!

steelfan 92
11-22-2006, 03:56 PM
the steelers will dominate, watch.

Kermit
11-22-2006, 04:26 PM
If we play like I know we can (i.e. no turnovers), we could easily shut down most teams in the league -- including the Ravens.

Whether we'll play that well is the real question, however.

That said, I'm going say the Steelers win the game by three points or less (of course, I'd love to see us humiliate them with a big lopsided victory ;D).

brind666
11-22-2006, 05:09 PM
you heard it here first :-)

ncoolong
11-22-2006, 09:00 PM
you heard it here first :-)

Despite the fact the Hated Ravens are 3-point favorites and are at home with an 8-2 record, hosting a 4-6 team, you picked them...yeah, bold prediction! In that spirit, you all heard it here first, I'm predicting Ladanian Tomlinson WILL score another touchdown in his career. Mark it down, write it up and mail it out!

X-Terminator
11-22-2006, 10:17 PM
Yeah, ok...sure.

Everybody's a comedian...

SteelCzar76
11-22-2006, 10:25 PM
31-17

"Hail Caesar,......HAIL THE BLACK AND GOLD"

Preacher
11-22-2006, 10:44 PM
Logically... I should say that the Ravens are going win this by a defensive effort.. maybe 14 to 3... or 17-14.

But for some reason, it just feels like the tide is turning. I could be wrong.. but as I posted someplace else... For some illogical reason, I have hope. So I say OUR SPECIAL TEAMS put up a touchdown.. and win the game... maybe by stopping the Ratbird's STs and causing a fumble as well!

Rayvens
11-23-2006, 09:44 AM
I admit the ravens like any other team can lose.and yes you can stop steve mcnair and jamal lewis.but it hard to stop both of them in the same game.this team has alot of wepons now and are playing as a team more than ever.I don't count the squeelers out only cause when they play each other you have to throw out all records and standings.Iexpect a good close game and this is a must win if the squeelers are to hold any hope for this season.so only thing i am saying is good luck this week and may the better team win:cheers: ...GO RAVENS!!!!

stillers4me
11-23-2006, 09:49 AM
Logically... I should say that the Ravens are going win this by a defensive effort.. maybe 14 to 3... or 17-14.

But for some reason, it just feels like the tide is turning. I could be wrong.. but as I posted someplace else... For some illogical reason, I have hope. So I say OUR SPECIAL TEAMS put up a touchdown.. and win the game... maybe by stopping the Ratbird's STs and causing a fumble as well!

Anything can happen!! Tis the season for miracles!! Here we go, Steelers!! :tt02:

SteelCityMan786
11-23-2006, 10:05 AM
Yeah, ok...sure.

Everybody's a comedian...

Some at least.

james203
11-23-2006, 11:15 AM
on the nfl today show they all agreed baltimore will win the afc north & cincy will get the wildcard.if the steelers can beat the ravens on sunday it sure will shut these idiots up.hopefully they dont fall behind early in the game.we shall find out in a few days.

ShutDown24
11-23-2006, 09:32 PM
Only read the first post and no replies so i dunno exactly what everyones saying but the reasons I think we will win are....

1. Jamal Lewis is a joke right now

2. McNair has no one to throw to except Mason and Heap who Ike / Troy should shut down

3. Were the Steelers :)

brind666
11-24-2006, 03:06 AM
how about bj sams, any gameplans against him ???

7Ben7
11-24-2006, 05:26 AM
There's still hope left.

Step it up on defence, TRY not to turn over the ball, and force Lewis and McNair into mistakes. Lofty goals.....but this is a must win.

PurpleFever
11-24-2006, 09:55 AM
Only read the first post and no replies so i dunno exactly what everyones saying but the reasons I think we will win are....

1. Jamal Lewis is a joke right now

2. McNair has no one to throw to except Mason and Heap who Ike / Troy should shut down

3. Were the Steelers :)

McNair has been spreading out the passing game pretty evenly. Clayton actually has more catches than Mason this year for some pretty big yardage. I don't see how the Squeelers can win this one. The Ravens D has the best turnover ratio in the league. Ben has the most picks in the league.

The one thing I can certainly count on this game is a stupid unsportsmanlike penalty from McAlister because someone called him a name.

Ravens 17
Shittsburgh 10

ShutDown24
11-24-2006, 10:01 AM
The defense is pretty good, sure. But the offense hasnt played a real D all year. The only reason you won the San Diego game was because of sloppy tackling. If thats the Steelers playing in that game Heap doesnt get into the end zone and its game over.

SteelCityMan786
11-24-2006, 10:03 AM
The defense is pretty good, sure. But the offense hasnt played a real D all year. The only reason you won the San Diego game was because of sloppy tackling. If thats the Steelers playing in that game Heap doesnt get into the end zone and its game over.

Big Time. Let's see how McNair handles this kind of D.

Jeremy
11-24-2006, 10:20 AM
If the defensive backs continue to play like they have been, McNair might not do all that badly. Our corners have taken way too many stupid chances for me this season.

This game will be decided in the trenches. Can Baltimore run against Pittsburgh's defense and can Pittsburgh get pressure on McNair and force his aching body to move around?

But it could also come down to have many dumb throws Ben makes. If he has two picks on Sunday, Baltimore will win the game pretty easily.

SteelCityMan786
11-24-2006, 10:33 AM
Also PW, can they make him make mistakes.

Jeremy
11-24-2006, 10:38 AM
I don't think it's a matter of making him make mistakes, but rather rattling him and making him lose focus. When he's focused out there, he's very damn good. But when a team can get in his head and make him lose that focus, he makes dumb mistakes that cost the team points.

Can he keep his focus or can the Ravens get in his head? One of the keys to the game.

ShutDown24
11-24-2006, 10:59 AM
Well, if I was ben I would be scared to death with the hugley imposing color purple coming at me -_- lmfao

polamalufan43
11-24-2006, 06:28 PM
Hey, not to get off topic, but I want to know if what I heard was right,
Is Troy and Chad Brown doing kick coverage as well as defense for this game?

Hines0wnz
11-24-2006, 07:26 PM
Hey, not to get off topic, but I want to know if what I heard was right,
Is Troy and Chad Brown doing kick coverage as well as defense for this game?

Would not be the worst idea in the world.

NV STEELERS 723
11-24-2006, 08:44 PM
STEELERS in a rout....34-7

7Ben7
11-25-2006, 03:48 AM
Its going to be kinda close.

Our D is going to produce 3 turnovers, and our Offence will be turnover free for the day.

But because its Mcnair its going be close.

Steelers win 28 - 21

lilyoder6
11-25-2006, 10:06 AM
i do rhink they are gonna play kickoff coverage since what happened last week against the browns with that 92 yd return... at least chad brown can play

SteelersWoman
11-25-2006, 02:39 PM
Is Troy and Chad Brown doing kick coverage...

I read that it might be Troy and Brett in there--I'd not heard about Chad. Heck, maybe Bill should put in all three! :jammin:

clevestinks
11-25-2006, 02:43 PM

Why do we keep this retard around anyway. We all know that his threads are all negative for the Steelers, he is not a fan. He is just a minor troll, trying to arouse everyone! He gets turned on by it.

brind666
11-26-2006, 02:10 PM
you were saying ?????

QUOTE=Atlanta Dan;179771]If the Steelers lose Sunday it will be due to the usual suspects this blighted season(turnovers and poor special teams play). McNair and Jamal Lewis are functional ball players on a functional team; they will convert if they start drives inside the Steelers 50, but this Ravens offense is not exactly the second coming of the late 80s 49ers.

I look for a maximum competitive effort since the Steelers know they are playing a good team that can effectively end their season this Sunday.

This week's money quote on the Ravens is from Don Banks of SI.com

Baltimore is 8-2 and one the major surprises of the season, but in all honesty, has anyone seen Steve McNair put four good quarters of football together yet? To me, the Ravens look a lot like Jacksonville did last year: A very solid but unspectacular 12-4 team that won a bunch of close games, but may be ripe for a one-and-done playoff run.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/writers/don_banks/11/21/mcnabb/2.html

Pretty much sums up my opinion of the 2006 Ravens[/QUOTE]

PalmerSteel
11-26-2006, 02:34 PM
did we steel some local area high school's offensive line and start them today?

massacris87
11-26-2006, 02:50 PM
I guess they did teach us a lesson.

brind666
11-26-2006, 04:16 PM
i just hate it when i am right!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

clevestinks
12-01-2006, 03:17 PM

You were right! Butr your not much of a Steelers fan! More of a douche bag!

herewegosteelers
12-01-2006, 05:32 PM
You were right! Butr your not much of a Steelers fan! More of a douche bag!

:iagree: :buttkick:

jaysta
12-02-2006, 12:44 AM

Well at least you were mature about it. :sofunny:

fansince'76
12-02-2006, 12:50 AM

Steelers/Ratbirds games have ALWAYS been full of heart (not to mention REALLY bad blood) on both sides. The Steelers have lacked both heart and attitude all year. With all due respect, was it really THAT hard to see that train wreck coming?

floodcitygirl
12-02-2006, 08:33 AM
Steelers/Ratbirds games have ALWAYS been full of heart (not to mention REALLY bad blood) on both sides. The Steelers have lacked both heart and attitude all year. With all due respect, was it really THAT hard to see that train wreck coming?A train wreck of THAT magnitude???? Yep. I never saw it coming....couldn't believe it when I saw it....I think I'm still in shock....and have every hope that I'll NEVER see it again. :dang: