PDA

View Full Version : do you think?

sheba
11-23-2006, 07:01 PM
do you think the steelers have to win ever game to make it to the playoffs?

83-Steelers-43
11-23-2006, 07:02 PM
http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e208/Vinfan/special_ed.jpg I LIKE POLLS!!! I LIKE POLLS!!! I LIKE POLLS!!! I LIKE POLLS!!! YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!!!!!!

ROYND1
11-23-2006, 11:36 PM
Yup. I think so,just gonna be alot harder then last year but we can do it.

MACH1
11-23-2006, 11:41 PM
Yes they do with a whole lot of help from other teams too.

clarient
11-23-2006, 11:47 PM
I think we need to win every game, just for the sheer rub-your-nose-in-it factor. The Steelers should NEVER sit down and write a season off - they should want nothing less than a win every weekend.

AND... if the planets are in the correct alignment and our boys want it bad enough, it can happen.

Preacher
11-23-2006, 11:48 PM
We have to run the table... then hope for help.

However, inorder to run the table, we have to win THIS WEEK. I ain't looking beyond the Ravens either. They are a tough team.

SteelersWoman
11-24-2006, 03:12 AM
We have to run the table... then hope for help.

However, inorder to run the table, we have to win THIS WEEK. I ain't looking beyond the Ravens either. They are a tough team.

Hopefully, they're lookin beyond US :thumbsup:

If the Ravens go into this game thinkin that we're a "non-factor", only good things will happen!

SteelCityMan786
11-24-2006, 09:53 AM
Yes. 9-7 might or might not cut it this year, but we lose too many head-to-head tiebreakers so we have to run the table (10-6).

We need KC to lose twice (we beat them head to head), Jax to lose three times (they beat us head to head), and the Jets to lose once or twice (no head to head). The Bungholes will already be taken care of if we run the table because that will leave us with a 5-1 division record which will be better than theirs (unless they beat the Ratbirds twice which would make the Ratbirds 10-6 and give us the head to head tiebreaker).

Wouldn't hurt to go 10-6 either.

BigDuke6
11-24-2006, 11:09 AM
I think we HAVE to win the division. 10-6 should do it. Thats 8 in a row. 8 in a row. Just like last year. 8 in a row.

clevestinks
11-24-2006, 03:44 PM
This really isn`t a yes or no question. It would appear that we would have to, but 9-7 might do it. I will say that we need to beat the ratbirds.

Elvis
11-24-2006, 04:29 PM
YES!!

MJ5150
11-25-2006, 11:17 AM
For sure. I just don't know if the other teams are going to lose like we need them to.

It will be such a bummer if we win out, and miss the playoffs anyway. I don't want to hear any of the "Pittsburgh is the best team to miss the playoffs" crap.

-Mike

PirateSteeler
11-25-2006, 04:03 PM
YES!!

Change your avatar and quit pushing your religion on me.

83-Steelers-43
11-25-2006, 04:05 PM
Change your avatar and quit pushing your religion on me.

Change your avatar and quit pushing smoking on me. :wink02:

Black@Gold Forever32
11-25-2006, 05:26 PM
Oh shit I hope a Holy war doesn't break out.

Livinginthe past
11-25-2006, 05:33 PM
Oh shit I hope a Holy war doesn't break out.

No chance.

Wedoessteelers will do the Christian thing and turn the other cheek.

Nm

lotas
11-25-2006, 06:19 PM
Quit it... if you wanna discuss religion you shouldn't be on a Steelers board...take it to discussion or something. If you wanted the person to change their avatar you don't say "hey change your avatar quit pushing your religion on me" have some respect, if it really bothers you send them a message and tell them how you feel and maybe they'll change it for you...shit. go steelers

Lyn
11-25-2006, 06:24 PM
If we win the rest of our games, and the Ravens lose two more (in addition to the two they'd lose to us), we'd win the division. Even if our record was tied with Cincinnati, we'd be one to one head to head, but we'd have the better division record (again, all this is assuming we win the rest of our games). We have to hope that if we win out, Cincinnati and Kansas City can both beat Baltimore (that's the best chance we have with Baltimore's remaining opponents...and there's a chance because both games are away games for Baltimore).

A wild card is almost impossible considering J'ville, San Diego, and Denver all win the head to head against us. But there's a chance, again, IF we win out. J'ville could easily lose three more games (putting their record at 9-7). They still have to play teams like Miami, Indy, New England, and Kansas City. Our best hope for a wildcard is that Kansas City is in the position for a spot with the same record as us, because we own the head to head there. But we can't discount the Jets who are 5-5 but don't play another team with a winning record the rest of the season.

Baltimore twice, Cincy and Cleveland again, Tampa, and Carolina...all winnable games. There's still a chance, but we have to start playing like we want it, and hope Baltimore decides they don't.