PDA

View Full Version : True fans don't enjoy watching games

BlitzburghRockCity
07-27-2005, 10:41 PM
Think about that for a second before you blow your stack and tell me Im full of shit ;)

When you watch another NFL game, a game you have minimal or no interest in the outcome of, don't u just relax and sit back, and enjoy watching football. You can focus on the OL for awhile, then maybe on the TE, then watch the LB flow to the ball, then maybe focus on the QB and his stance and throwing motion. You can sit there relatively stress free and just watch the game. NOt worrying about if you miss something by running to the fridge or taking a phone call. You know all the things YOU CANT DO WATCHING THE STEELERS !

Yes, when you watch the Steelers, especially us super diehards. How often do you get up in the middle of the game to hit the fridge, or go to the bathroom, or answer the phone or a knock at the door ? Probably NEVER, if you're like me. How often do you scream and yell, pace up and down in front of the TV, sit on the edge of your seat with sweaty palms and your heart racing a mile a minute.... What about always having to sit in the same spot on the couch or chair to watch the game? Always eat and drink the same things each week, wear the same Steelers garb, and only wash them if we lose so you get rid of the bad aura of a loss and start fresh?

All the above and more is me each week during the NFL season. My wife can barely stand to live me w/ during the season and she's a pretty avid fan too. If we lose, Im bummed till atleast wednesday..and if we win, Im high as a kite all week. During the games you're stressed beyond belief, throwing remotes, kicking the dog, yelling at the TV at the refs and players & coaches. And by the end of the game you're so exhausted, win or lose, that it takes you hours and normally need a nap just to recover enough to get thru the rest of the evening.

Yeah, football is great, and I love my Steelers like nothing else. It's stressful as all hell but you know what, I wouldnt trade a minute of it for anything!!

but still, think about it, only the average nfl fan can actually ENJOY watching a game.

Prosdo
07-27-2005, 10:47 PM
Good post Matt. I don't get as much joy watching any other team play, but you are right I don't get as stressed when it's another team. When you see a dropped ball or an interception it really aggravates you. I remember the game in the post-season vs the Jets. Talk about stress. You are extremely right on the point about if we win your pumped about that all week. You lose and you just feel kinda blah till mid-week.

BB2W
07-27-2005, 10:55 PM
Good thought!, I understand where you are coming from, but I would rather put myself threw that every week.... than not get to see them play. I am sure you would too. :)

Prosdo
07-27-2005, 10:57 PM
Very true. I would have a lot of trouble stopping myself from watching a Steelers game. They are worth every moment of stress. They bring a lot of enjoyment also.

BlitzburghRockCity
07-27-2005, 11:10 PM
oh yeah, dont get me wrong, there's no way in hell Im gonna stop watching the black & gold each week. If I knew the Steelers were playing and I wasnt watching it, I'd be a nervous wreck.. Hell, our son was born January 17th 2003. Right in the middle of the playoffs..I told my wife is she goes into labor during the playoff game, we'd either have to watch it in the delivery room or she'd have to wait till it was over! :D fortunately she went into labor that night, so we were safe ;)

ironcitychef
07-28-2005, 08:37 AM
Strangely enough, its not during the game for me as I usually am working or such, but its those hours right before game time when I have to try to catch ever bit of pregame info incase a fact or injury went unreported and I would have to call Cowher myself and let him know in order for us to get the win that day or night. Always flipping and checking the net for the latest info. It is never much different than what was out there before but I'm just so hyped on gamedays.

bigbensgirl7
07-28-2005, 03:33 PM
Yah...during football season every weekend is stressful (except our bye week, of course). But at the same time, no matter how stressed out I get...I could never miss a game, and I love watching the Steelers even when they piss me off and I want to jump through the TV and put them in check...BUT I STILL LOVE THEM AND ALWAYS WILL!!!

BlitzburghRockCity
07-28-2005, 09:50 PM
Strangely enough, its not during the game for me as I usually am working or such, but its those hours right before game time when I have to try to catch ever bit of pregame info incase a fact or injury went unreported and I would have to call Cowher myself and let him know in order for us to get the win that day or night. Always flipping and checking the net for the latest info. It is never much different than what was out there before but I'm just so hyped on gamedays.

No doubt, Im checking every website and watching all the pre game stuff right up until kickoff..by that time, Im so nervous already that by kickoff Im ready to blow a gasket! :D

pitt
07-29-2005, 12:37 AM
Think about that for a second before you blow your stack and tell me Im full of shit ;)

When you watch another NFL game, a game you have minimal or no interest in the outcome of, don't u just relax and sit back, and enjoy watching football. You can focus on the OL for awhile, then maybe on the TE, then watch the LB flow to the ball, then maybe focus on the QB and his stance and throwing motion. You can sit there relatively stress free and just watch the game. NOt worrying about if you miss something by running to the fridge or taking a phone call. You know all the things YOU CANT DO WATCHING THE STEELERS !

Yes, when you watch the Steelers, especially us super diehards. How often do you get up in the middle of the game to hit the fridge, or go to the bathroom, or answer the phone or a knock at the door ? Probably NEVER, if you're like me. How often do you scream and yell, pace up and down in front of the TV, sit on the edge of your seat with sweaty palms and your heart racing a mile a minute.... What about always having to sit in the same spot on the couch or chair to watch the game? Always eat and drink the same things each week, wear the same Steelers garb, and only wash them if we lose so you get rid of the bad aura of a loss and start fresh.

WOW I'm glad I'm not the only crazy person around here. I have to do the EXACT same thing before every game. God help anyone who gets in the way of my ritual. The kids think its gross that I put on the same unwashed clothes for a few hours every week. I have a special tape on my answering machine that I use for Steeler games. Anyone with a brain nows not to bother me during a game.

LambertIsGod58
07-29-2005, 10:32 AM
Yes, that's definately true. Had to read the whole post though. LOL. Games are personal for me.

bigbensgirl7
07-29-2005, 01:34 PM
Yah...it gets very personal when it comes to the Steelers. Every Sat. night I am nervous and pacing around. I wear the same thing every game (but I do wash it), I go to the same place every week and me and my family eat the same things and I order a beer at the same time. My friends think I'm a little crazy...but they just don't understand!

pitt
07-29-2005, 01:39 PM
I only wash the clothes if the Steelers lose and at the end of the season. If they win and you wash them, all the luck gets washed away.

bigbensgirl7
07-29-2005, 01:48 PM
nah...just as long as I have on the EXACT same thing...they are fine...however, if you wash off the luck then by all means DON'T wash them...lol!

bengalsfan21
07-29-2005, 02:29 PM
I am a Bengals fan but I am also a football fan, I watch the Bengals and then whatever game is on after them.....I pick a team and root for them, I don't get as crazy as I do when I watch Cincy though!!

pitt
07-30-2005, 12:16 AM
I watch just about any game. As long as I either like or hate one of the teams.

Prosdo
07-30-2005, 12:36 AM
I wear the same jersey every week (it is washed lol) and I watch the game at the same place.

BlitzburghRockCity
07-30-2005, 12:51 AM
I only wash the clothes if the Steelers lose and at the end of the season. If they win and you wash them, all the luck gets washed away.

Thats exactly right!!!!..just gotta use plenty of speedstick each week or you'll wilt the plants and knock over your guests!! :rofl:

SteelR1
08-01-2005, 12:20 AM
Yeah thats certainly the case.. Im usally on the phone the whole game either giving my brother in Italy a play by play or talking with my Dad about every single play. Theres also no way my daughter ever takes a nap during the game, WAY too much screaming going on.

BlitzburghRockCity
08-01-2005, 12:41 AM
Hey R1, just noticed your sig. Cool to have another rider on the site !