PDA

View Full Version : NFL fines Fraser for hit on Roethlisberger

83-Steelers-43
11-25-2006, 08:27 AM
NFL fines Fraser for hit on Roethlisberger
Saturday, November 25, 2006

Browns defensive lineman Simon Fraser's hit on quarterback Ben Roethlisberger in the 24-20 loss to the Steelers cost more than a possible score, it also cost Fraser $5,000.

Fraser was fined by the NFL for his second hit on Roethlisberger after cornerback Daven Holly intercepted a pass and was sprinting toward the end zone. Fraser hit Roethlisberger not once, but twice. The flag, 15 yards for a personal foul, was thrown after the second hit.

The penalty, offset by a Steelers face-mask penalty, cost the Browns 40 yards in field position, from the Steelers' 4 to the 44.

http://www.cleveland.com/sports/plaindealer/index.ssf?/base/sports/1164450076189760.xml&coll=2

83-Steelers-43
11-25-2006, 09:11 AM
Good. I hope his teammates whupped his @**!

At this point, I think they are too busy having a long talk with Braylon Edwards after he opened his big mouth.

ChronoCross
11-25-2006, 12:29 PM
I was waiting to see a fine for that.. They are pulling a lot of money from players and coaches pockets this year for stuff there pulling on the field and on the sidelines. I think he should of got at least a 15 thousand dollar fine myself do to the fact they are really heavy on the late hits and crazy hits on the QBs.

stillers4me
11-25-2006, 01:27 PM
I'm a little nervous about Ben this week. I know he's a big boy, and I know he's got big friends out here with him, but I just have this gut feeling the Ratba$tards are going to out to get him......I mean really get him. I don't trust those SOB's.

SteelCityMan786
11-25-2006, 01:33 PM
At this point, I think they are too busy having a long talk with Braylon Edwards after he opened his big mouth.

Isn't that the truth

Hines0wnz
11-25-2006, 02:28 PM
$$ CHU CHING! $$ :sofunny:

skinart82
11-25-2006, 02:32 PM
It would still be a losing situation if they did try to hurt Ben. Steelers have an amazing back up QB in Batch! And that would show that Ben scares the shit of them!

Hines0wnz
11-25-2006, 02:33 PM
It would still be a losing situation if they did try to hurt Ben. Steelers have an amazing back up QB in Batch! And that would show that Ben scares the shit of them!

True, but what team really wants to face Ben, bad season or good? :tt02:

clevestinks
11-25-2006, 02:40 PM
Is it just me? Or should Ben just stay down from now on? I`m not sure that I entirely understand the rule?

PAMillerGrrl83
11-25-2006, 03:17 PM
Bout time someone gets their @$$ fined for being overly rough on Ben or any QB for that matter.

j-dawg
11-25-2006, 04:05 PM
hey man.. maybe you guys forgot the late hit palomalu put on frye well out of bounds... i'm not saying fraiser was right at what he did... 'cause he was wrong... but i've seen frye take some questionable hits... three weeks ago against the chargers, one of their defensive line men bore through the line, the whistle was blown, and he laid frye out... full weight. it should have been a penalty... the play was dead, frye was just standing there, and he laid him out. it was disturbing to say the least. these are all judgement calls guys... that's all i've got to say about this...

SteelerMurf
11-25-2006, 09:57 PM
hey man.. maybe you guys forgot the late hit palomalu put on frye well out of bounds... i'm not saying fraiser was right at what he did... 'cause he was wrong... but i've seen frye take some questionable hits... three weeks ago against the chargers, one of their defensive line men bore through the line, the whistle was blown, and he laid frye out... full weight. it should have been a penalty... the play was dead, frye was just standing there, and he laid him out. it was disturbing to say the least. these are all judgement calls guys... that's all i've got to say about this...

You can name other plays as an example, but the hit on Frye by Palomala was a play in which Frye was in bounds when contact was made, and second of all he was in the air when the play was still active. You can't stop in mid air

Not even close to the same situation and it is quite embarassing that you try to compare Troy's play on a QB when he was still in bounds with the ball in his hands to an absolute dirty play by your dude just plain old trying to hurt a QB, blatently at that.