PDA

View Full Version : Your Official Steelers/Ratbirds Prediction

lamberts-lost-tooth
11-25-2006, 12:51 PM
I know that we have all made predictions in other threads ...but lets get it into one thread...and No Generalities!!!!

Pittsburgh 27 Ratbirds 17....Our defense comes up with 1 interception..1 fumble recovery...and Ogden looks like he is stuck in mud when our Outside linbackers come around the left side.

Oh...and Ray Ray does a stupid dance after every mediocre play..(If he can overcome the boo-boo in his spineless back)

skidboot
11-25-2006, 12:55 PM
Steelers 24
Ratbirds 23

We get the turnover.

SteelCzar76
11-25-2006, 01:10 PM
We play our most complete game this season and win 31- 17. (Ratbirds get a "too little, too late" Td)

"Hail Caesar,.......HAIL THE BLACK AND GOLD"

polamalufan43
11-25-2006, 01:14 PM
Steelers:21
Ratbirds:17

Steelers will get one interception and fumble recovery. Touchdowns from both Willie and Hines.
Ravens QB will be sacked twice

Ravens will come up big in the fourth quarter, but it will be too late

~Polamalufan43:tt02:

ChronoCross
11-25-2006, 01:25 PM
24-10 Steelers Dominate and show signs of last year in the stretch.

Blitzburgh
11-25-2006, 01:28 PM
Steelers come from behind to win by 4. Turnovers hurt the Ratbirds .....

83-Steelers-43
11-25-2006, 02:32 PM
Hate to say it........

Steelers: 10

Ravens: 20

IMO, we will lose by ten IF our ST's play soid. If they don't play solid, losing by ten will seem like a blessing. Our running game will struggle and it will be up to Ben and the passing game to manage any type of offense. That will lead to two INT's. Scary part, I didn't even take fumbles into consideration.

Overall, I just don't like the give-away/take-away ratio going into this game. Nevermind the fact that we have lost the last three times down there.

Stillers#1
11-25-2006, 02:45 PM
Eh, I think Ben is due in Baltimore. He is goinna throw for 250 and 2 TD's, and I see Willie have a big game too. He is going to get to the outside and Ray Ray isn going to catch him. I'll say 124 yds and 1 TD.

Steelers 27 - Rats 14

Atlanta Dan
11-25-2006, 03:15 PM
Ravens 24 Steelers 17

While I do not look for 14 Ravens points tomorrow through TD and INT returns for touchdowns (as was the case with teh Oakland and Cleveland games) , I do look for at least 1 special teams breakdown and 1 INT that will start at least 2 Ravens drives inside the Steelers 40.

I obviously want the Steelers to win but I do not believe it is realistic to expect the switch to error free football to suddenly be turned on the Sunday after Thanksgiving, especially with Ben's go to receiver hobbled.

By my count the Steelers have had 4 "presssure" games this year in which to keep .500 in sight (San Diego/Atlanta/Oakland/Denver) and have found a way to lose all 4. After those losses, beating a fading Saints team at home and a terrible Browns team to get to 4-6 is about what I would expect from a 7-9 squad, which is where I think this team will end up this season.

NM

lamberts-lost-tooth
11-25-2006, 03:19 PM
Ravens 24 Steelers 17

While I do not look for 14 Ravens points tomorrow through TD and INT returns for touchdowns (as was the case with teh Oakland and Cleveland games) , I do look for at least 1 special teams breakdown and 1 INT that will start at least 2 Ravens drives inside the Steelers 40.

I obviously want the Steelers to win but I do not believe it is realistic to expect the switch to error free football to suddenly be turned on the Sunday after Thanksgiving, especially with Ben's go to receiver hobbled.

By my count the Steelers have had 4 "presssure" games this year in which to keep .500 in sight (San Diego/Atlanta/Oakland/Denver) and have found a way to lose all 4. After those losses, beating a fading Saints team at home and a terrible Browns team to get to 4-6 is about what I would expect from a 7-9 squad, which is where I think this team will end up this season.

NM

I understand you and 83steelers43 doubts..but I am praying for a "chief-like" game!!!!

MACH1
11-25-2006, 03:23 PM
Steelers: 24
Ratbirds: 20

Only if the O-line shows up and protects Ben and can run block.
The D needs to step up coverage in the backfeild to.

tony hipchest
11-25-2006, 03:26 PM
this is a good game for the steelers to come out no huddle and try to turn it into a shoot out early. i know ben throws a ton of int's but im going down with the ship and ben is the captain.

our passing game will be dead if we only throw in known passing situations. if we come out early running and fail, those known passing situations will be much more predictable.

save the running for the 4th quarter when we have a 20 pt lead.

skidboot
11-25-2006, 03:26 PM
Ravens 24 Steelers 17

NM

A pox on your house!
:smile:

skinart82
11-25-2006, 03:29 PM
I want to see the trick plays come out in this game. We haven't done it yet this year. PUT THE FEAR BACK IN THE REST OF THE NFL!!!!!!!! Go Black and Gold. 35-17 Steelers

83-Steelers-43
11-25-2006, 05:12 PM
I understand you and 83steelers43 doubts..but I am praying for a "chief-like" game!!!!

You and me both. Obviously I want to see them win, but since I am a betting man.........

Livinginthe past
11-25-2006, 05:42 PM
Ravens 24
Steelers 10

Obviously being a Steelers site most posters are ignoring the strengths of the Ravens and focussing on the potential of Pittsburgh.

The Ravens are a team that is very adept at taking the ball away from the other team, unfortunately the Steelers happen to be a team very good at giving it to the other team.

The D has played flat for most of the year, the front 7 really haven't got enough consistent pressure to stop the DB's being continually exposed in most games.

Ben is obviously a better QB than he was a few weeks back, but I dont think he can win this by himself - in fact, trying to do so could turn this one into a Baltimore blow-out.

Willie and his unpredictable O-Line hold the key to the Steelers being competitive, its also important that Cowher sticks with the run even if it is getting stuffed - throwing the ball has led to turnovers - the Ravens lifeblood.

I think the Ravens will be too strong, too motivated and too confident for the Steelers this weekend.

I wouldn't put any money on it though :wink02:

NM

PirateSteeler
11-25-2006, 05:47 PM
If Ben shows up to be a NFL QB:

Steelers 35
Ratbirds 17

If Ben is a little bitch:
Ratbirds 17
Steelers 9

I dont think that offense can put up more than 17 on Porter and the boys on D! It comes down to whether or not we can score.

83-Steelers-43
11-25-2006, 05:49 PM
I dont think that offense can put up more than 17 on Porter and the boys on D! It comes down to whether or not we can score.

Our defense is my last concern when it comes to the Ravens putting up points. It's our ST's (K and P coverage) and turnovers.

Infamix
11-25-2006, 08:33 PM
Baltimore 24
Steelers 13

4n2t0
11-25-2006, 09:11 PM
Ravens 23
Steelers 17

SteelCzar76
11-25-2006, 10:09 PM
Ravens 24
Steelers 10

Obviously being a Steelers site most posters are ignoring the strengths of the Ravens and focussing on the potential of Pittsburgh.

The Ravens are a team that is very adept at taking the ball away from the other team, unfortunately the Steelers happen to be a team very good at giving it to the other team.

The D has played flat for most of the year, the front 7 really haven't got enough consistent pressure to stop the DB's being continually exposed in most games.

Ben is obviously a better QB than he was a few weeks back, but I dont think he can win this by himself - in fact, trying to do so could turn this one into a Baltimore blow-out.

Willie and his unpredictable O-Line hold the key to the Steelers being competitive, its also important that Cowher sticks with the run even if it is getting stuffed - throwing the ball has led to turnovers - the Ravens lifeblood.

I think the Ravens will be too strong, too motivated and too confident for the Steelers this weekend.

I wouldn't put any money on it though :wink02:

NM

I don't think it's a matter of ignoring the Ratbirds strength's. But a matter,...of keeping things in perspective and realizing they can be beaten. (Possibly soundly) They've played a "cupcake" schedule for the most part. And even for all the "Mcnair riding" going around,....they aren't exactly high powered on offense.
Their defense is playing at an elite level. (what else is new ?) But we're very familiar with them,.... so the intimidation edge they hold on other teams will be a non factor with us.
Bottom line,.....we stay away from turnovers and play sound and aggressively on both sides of the ball,....we win.

"Hail Caesar,.....HAIL THE BLACK AND GOLD"

Livinginthe past
11-26-2006, 06:17 AM
I don't think it's a matter of ignoring the Ratbirds strength's. But a matter,...of keeping things in perspective and realizing they can be beaten. (Possibly soundly) They've played a "cupcake" schedule for the most part. And even for all the "Mcnair riding" going around,....they aren't exactly high powered on offense.
Their defense is playing at an elite level. (what else is new ?) But we're very familiar with them,.... so the intimidation edge they hold on other teams will be a non factor with us.
Bottom line,.....we stay away from turnovers and play sound and aggressively on both sides of the ball,....we win.

"Hail Caesar,.....HAIL THE BLACK AND GOLD"

Well thats the point im trying to make.

Most teams who play 'sound and aggresively on both sides of the ball' tend to win most of their games - I just haven't seen too much from the Steelers this year to suggest they are capable of putting together 60 mins of high quality, mistake free football.

Everytime the green shoots of recovery have sprouted this year a poor decision, or bad execution or a lack of discipline has crushed it.

Still, this is the season for shocks.....

NM

Elvis
11-26-2006, 08:41 AM
:tt02: :helmet: :tt02:
STEELERS 16
RAVENS 13
Should be a very hard hitting hard fought and bloody game today and I for one an looking forward to it!! LETS GET IT ON!!

Cape Cod Steel Head
11-26-2006, 09:20 AM
I hope I'm wrong. Ratbirds 20
Steelers 13

Atlanta Dan
11-26-2006, 09:47 AM
These picks reflect realistic assessments of our chances, confirming my view we are serious fans on this board but not rah-rah delusional.

clevestinks
11-26-2006, 10:34 AM
STEELERS 27 ratbirds 10, mcnair gets exposed

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
11-26-2006, 10:54 AM
Steelers: 38
Ratbirds: 17

Steelers dominate the entire game.......This game is big for the steelers and they know it.
All aspects of the team come together today and they begin their quest to repeat.
:tt02:

Preacher
11-26-2006, 10:56 AM
We will win by two... and it will be SPECIAL TEAMS that win it for us!

Again... I just have a wierd feeling that we have turned a corner. Last week's game is a game we lose this year, but we won. Hmmmm.

SwedishSteeler
11-26-2006, 11:05 AM
I know this is my first post so I don't have much credibility. But, how in the world can you call yourself a Steeler fan when you base your prediction on TURNOVER and INT statistics? For christ's sake, we're talking about the STEELERS here. Do you remember last year?

I think after the eight game win streak to win the superbowl, they deserve some respect. Everyone including a few 'supporters' are counting them out IN GAME FOUR!!. I know that we play the best when the odds and media is against us....but fan support and faith in the black and the gold is always needed from fans.

low scoring game:

17-14

stillers4me
11-26-2006, 11:07 AM
I know this is my first post so I don't have much credibility. But, how in the world can you call yourself a Steeler fan when you base your prediction on TURNOVER and INT statistics? For christ's sake, we're talking about the STEELERS here. Do you remember last year?

I think after the eight game win streak to win the superbowl, they deserve some respect. Everyone including a few 'supporters' are counting them out IN GAME FOUR!!. I know that we play the best when the odds and media is against us....but fan support and faith in the black and the gold is always needed from fans.

low scoring game:

17-14

I like you already....... Welcome to SF! :tt02:

SwedishSteeler
11-26-2006, 11:12 AM
Thanks a lot, I can't believe I didn't come across this place earlier.

Should be nice to come on here and get away from the hillbillies living down here in Virginia.

83-Steelers-43
11-26-2006, 03:52 PM
These picks reflect realistic assessments of our chances, confirming my view we are serious fans on this board but not rah-rah delusional.

No, no, no. Your not a "true fan" unless you call for a Steeler victory even though this thread was started in order to get people's score predictions. We must all agree on the same score. :blah: