PDA

View Full Version : HEATH MILLER.. Underused?

Elvis
11-26-2006, 10:29 AM
:tt02: :helmet:
I dont know about anyone else but I think that this is the biggest question on our offensive coodinators list! We need to use him so much more.. he could be a guy with 50 or 60 catches on the year and how many TD's could he get in the Red Zone? ALOT!!:helmet: :thumbsup:

SteelCityMan786
11-26-2006, 10:37 AM
I think we do need to pass it to Heath more. He just isn't getting his touches.

SwedishSteeler
11-26-2006, 10:49 AM
I disagree.

EVERYTIME (well 9 out of ten times) that Heath is used he makes a BIG PLAY. Either converts on third down or makes it into the end zone. If we started using him for 'useless' things that we can use Hines and Willie for; whoever we're playing would be more focused on covering him...which they aren't now.

If he's comfortable with the role he's playing on the team right now, that's where he needs to be.

BigDuke6
11-26-2006, 11:54 AM
D'ya think ???

SwedishSteeler
11-26-2006, 01:00 PM
There you go. First down. Only play hes been involved in.

Elvis
11-26-2006, 01:10 PM
I disagree.

EVERYTIME (well 9 out of ten times) that Heath is used he makes a BIG PLAY. Either converts on third down or makes it into the end zone. If we started using him for 'useless' things that we can use Hines and Willie for; whoever we're playing would be more focused on covering him...which they aren't now.

If he's comfortable with the role he's playing on the team right now, that's where he needs to be.

:jawdrop:
You disagree? Hmmmmmm
Thats a Joke!!1
:sofunny: :bouncy: :toofunny:

NV STEELERS 723
11-26-2006, 08:37 PM
I made a post on this subject.. your not alone!

Stillers43
11-27-2006, 09:15 AM
Definately underused!

steelerbackr4life
11-27-2006, 09:40 AM
I agree he needs more touches. However watching Ben get pummeled yesterday it is hard justifying your tight end running a pass route when your QB is lying on his rear end.
Everything starts with the oline if they dont do their job it hampers everything you may want to do passing and running.

stlrtruck
11-27-2006, 01:16 PM
Maybe he should be used in the blocking scheme more too!

ChronoCross
11-27-2006, 01:19 PM
All season long.

sumo
11-27-2006, 01:22 PM
:iagree: see the thread I started last week

lostsailor73
11-27-2006, 03:21 PM
The Steelers have 2 great tight ends. I would like to see both of them get the ball more. They don't miss that often, either.

19ward86
11-29-2006, 07:54 AM
i dont think he is underused, we dont have the offense structure for him, he looked unused this year because we were desperate for recievers. if PLAX and ANTWAAN were with us you wouldnt think the same.

sumo
11-29-2006, 11:11 AM
i dont think he is underused, we dont have the offense structure for him, he looked unused this year because we were desperate for recievers. if PLAX and ANTWAAN were with us you wouldnt think the same.

I respectfully disagree - we should be using him more - play action/waggle to Miller would be money every time with the way our offense is structured - Atlanta is a running team and that's what gives Crumpler so many catches - I'm not saying Miller should be the second coming of Tony Gonzalez - but getting him 4 10-15 yard receptions a game would be ideal and would keep the LBS/defense more off balance...

ChronoCross
11-29-2006, 11:44 AM

IF we had plax we would not of had such a successful run at the Superbowl last year. Plax is a joke. No work ethics. Never shows up in a big game. He is just a waste of a roaster spot. Even the giants fans are starting to complain about him. I just love watching Plax walk on routes dont you.

RandEL would of been nice to keep but he is no #1 and not worth spending #1 WR money on. He will only basically get his Bonus out of Redskins before he is ether asked to re do his contract are get cut because he wont. That is how teams like the Redskins and Eagles work.

Haiku_Dirtt
11-29-2006, 11:58 AM
Going into the season I voiced that he would be making key plays when we struggled on offense.

Underused? Yes. But Heath Miller is partly responsible for what may be (I leave it to him to confirm this) his most inconsistent season of football in his life.

AT TIMES. He dropped passes. Couldn't hold blocks. And sometimes disappeared from the game completely.

AND. Ken Whiz should be shouldering plenty of the responsibility for his lack of production. It's not like Whiz had other players stepping up to pick up the slack.