PDA

View Full Version : Taylor benched for todays game in Baltimore

R2sojr
11-26-2006, 10:55 AM
I was just watching the Steelers kick-off and breaking news was Townsend will start inplace of Taylor today because of Taylors bad play the last few games..They said Cower has been threatening Ike the last few weeks that he will be benched if he doesnt step up...and in my opinion i think this is a good move and we'll see how it lays out

SteelCityMan786
11-26-2006, 10:57 AM
Good Move. Let's see what DeShea has got in the ol bag of tricks.

Livinginthe past
11-26-2006, 11:04 AM
Whats not looking like such a great move is signing up the 'next Champ Bailey' to a 5 years $22 million contract.

Seriously - he can't beat out Townsend?

I think Ike has become a bit of a scapegoat - just like poor Ricardo Colcough - who done something plenty of other Steelers have done this year - turned the ball over.

I guess we'll see how he bounces back from this setback.

NM

R2sojr
11-26-2006, 11:23 AM
i think if your gonna claim big money the you better have big game...this year Ike has showed very little of what he claimed to be...this is a good "ill bring your ass back to earth" lesson from Cower...let the players who want to play play..Good move by my book

Cape Cod Steel Head
11-26-2006, 11:27 AM
I agree. If your gonna talk the talk you better be able to walk the walk. He's been beat like a rug the past couple of games, and had Townsend been heathly I think it would have happened sooner.

83-Steelers-43
11-26-2006, 11:31 AM
Bill Cowher has made a lineup change for todays game vs. the Baltimore Ravens.Pittsburghsportsinsider.com has learned that Bill Cowher has made a lineup change for today’s game.

Cornerback Ike Taylor has been taken out of the starting lineup and will be replaced by Deshea Townsend. 2nd year player Bryant McFadden will start at the other cornerback spot. Hines Ward, bothered all week by an injured knee, will attempt to play today. In the event Ward can’t play the entire game, the Steelers have activated wide receiver Walter Young for the game.

http://www.pittsburghsportsinsider.com/?p=50

BigDuke6
11-26-2006, 11:53 AM
Ike has been brutal. Move him out of there. He can play dime if need be until he gets his confidence back. Until then, we cant afford to have him not making plays.

Atlanta Dan
11-26-2006, 11:53 AM
Most everyone knew signing Taylor after 1 good year was a gamble, but I was for it.

Now it looks like signing Taylor to a $22 million contract is in the tradition of overpaying for Chad Scott and Dwayne Washington

Elvis
11-26-2006, 01:12 PM
:blah:
Our secondary is a joke
other than Troy...:jawdrop: