PDA

View Full Version : Braylon Edwards and Charlie Frye Round 1

83-Steelers-43
11-26-2006, 03:11 PM
Following an interception, Edwards and Frye angrily exchanged words and had to be separated. Earlier this week, Edwards criticized Cleveland's conservative play calling and then blasted teammate Brian Russell for his hard hit on Bengals wide receiver Chad Johnson when Cincinnati beat Cleveland 34-17 on Sept. 17.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/recap?gameId=261126005

SteelCityMan786
11-26-2006, 03:18 PM
Meltdown continuing for the Browns. At least it's not going down here.

Hines86Ward
11-26-2006, 07:41 PM
I was at that game today. Frye didnt throw to Edwards until the 3rd Quarter, and Edwards was open on numerous occassions in the 1st Half. Frye sucks, there's no other way to put it. He's not starting QB material, and the Browns would be better off going in a different direction. I don't blame Edwards for doing what he did....

j-dawg
11-26-2006, 07:58 PM
I was at that game today. Frye didnt throw to Edwards until the 3rd Quarter, and Edwards was open on numerous occassions in the 1st Half. Frye sucks, there's no other way to put it. He's not starting QB material, and the Browns would be better off going in a different direction. I don't blame Edwards for doing what he did....

are you the same guy who spewed this drivel on the bengals board? i don't care if edwards was wide open, thirty yards down field, smelling flowers... charlie has ZERO pass blocking.. you'd be hard pressed to see a play when he had more than one second to pass the ball before a rusher was on him. there is NO POCKET to pass from. charlie is a good quarterback, try again. :wave:

Hines86Ward
11-26-2006, 08:02 PM
Dude, Charlie has enough time to make a good read & throw it. He just holds onto the ball too long. He doesn't know when it's time to release it. You can't support the hometown boy forever.....And I'm not the only one that believes that, it was all over the Cleveland radio stations after the game.

j-dawg
11-26-2006, 08:10 PM
it has nothing to do with him being the "hometown boy" in my eyes. charlie knows how to throw a football down the field. it has nothing to do with his ability or mechanics... it has everything to do with the fact that he's getting pressured, knocked down, and sacked. i believe he's ranked 2nd in the league in take downs. he has no TIME to react. when he does have the opportunity to set, he's done excellent...

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e250/veryprofane/braylon.gif

RoethlisBURGHer
11-28-2006, 02:56 PM
Frye doesn't know when to throw the ball away.He isn't a pocket passer.He isn't an NFL QB.He is a poor man's Jake Plummer.

Just look at Frye's career in Akron,he just ran around behind the LOS until he could find someone to throw it to.He has no pocket presence,he doesn't realize that you can step up in the pocket to avoid the rush instead of taking off to the sideline and throwing flat-footed or on your heels which equals INT.

j-dawg
11-29-2006, 12:34 PM
Frye doesn't know when to throw the ball away.He isn't a pocket passer.He isn't an NFL QB.He is a poor man's Jake Plummer.

Just look at Frye's career in Akron,he just ran around behind the LOS until he could find someone to throw it to.He has no pocket presence,he doesn't realize that you can step up in the pocket to avoid the rush instead of taking off to the sideline and throwing flat-footed or on your heels which equals INT.

what?! step up in what pocket?! i've watched every single browns game this season... what is this pocket you speak of? the fact is, our offensive line is atrocious. the guy hasn't had a pocket to step up in since he started last year. :coffee:

Hines86Ward
11-29-2006, 01:11 PM
He had 7 seconds to get rid of the ball before throwing two of his four INTs against Cincy, if thats not enough time, then I don't know what is....

j-dawg
11-29-2006, 01:19 PM
:headshake: sure he did...

j-dawg
11-29-2006, 01:21 PM
He had 7 seconds to get rid of the ball before throwing two of his four INTs against Cincy, if thats not enough time, then I don't know what is....

:headshake: sure he did...

Hines86Ward
11-29-2006, 01:22 PM
I was there I watched it live....I came home, watched the replays, and counted the seconds....

Dude, Frye sucks. Just face it. He's worse than Couch, Holcomb, Dilfer, AND Garcia. He's not gonna be taking the Browns anywhere. They need to go in a different direction....

j-dawg
11-29-2006, 01:30 PM
:blah: sure, frye was terrible against the steelers in his last outing... charlie deserves more than this sloppy season to merit his "sucks" label you're so willing to give him.

Hines86Ward
11-29-2006, 03:05 PM
Ok, but if he's still the starting QB for the next few years then you're still gonna see the 4-12 Cleveland Browns every year.....it wont change while he's the QB....

j-dawg
11-29-2006, 03:49 PM
Ok, but if he's still the starting QB for the next few years then you're still gonna see the 4-12 Cleveland Browns every year.....it wont change while he's the QB....

:yawn: okay... so you can predict the future huh?

here's a sample of some of your predictions this year...

Not between the Steelers and Patriots, between the Steelers and some NFC team. We dominate the AFC....

it's gonna be either Steelers vs Seahawks or Steelers vs Panthers....and I'm leaning more towards the rematch, with us destroying those Seattle crybabies this time

The only way the Bengals would win is if we rested our starters in Week 17 because of the playoffs. But I actually think we'd still win that one.....

:dang: dude... just saying... maybe you should keep the 'ol predictions to yourself aye?

Hines86Ward
11-29-2006, 10:48 PM
I'm glad you brought up the past, shit happens.....You're just avoiding the actual topic, and that is that Charlie Frye sucks.....

j-dawg
11-30-2006, 01:58 AM
presently, yes, charlie frye is not doing well. i'm not avoiding that at all. where you and i disagree is that i believe charlie doesn't have an offensive line and has potential once that is addressed, where as you believe that charlie frye just sucks regardless.

i'm sorry if you took offense to my bringing up your past posts.. the point i was trying to make was that one year something can look bad the next it could improve or visa versa.

jtdapit
11-30-2006, 06:26 AM
Dude Im gonna help my boy in saying Frye seriousley is Garbage! And your right the offensive line does suck. Get a new QB. And maybe don't get you starting center injured before the season.

Stillers#1
11-30-2006, 11:59 AM
I like Frye, he seems to have a pretty cool head, but he is in a David Carr type situation. We will never know how good David Carr could have been bc of the Texans lack of an O-line. Right now Frye has the same problem, as does Ben. Those who live in glass houses should not throw stones.

Oh and to me it really looked like edwards was tryin to show someone the stains on Frye's back, just my two cents.