PDA

View Full Version : Junior "Say-OWW"

tony hipchest
11-26-2006, 04:14 PM
ouch. that was nasty. almost theismann like.

PirateSteeler
11-26-2006, 04:14 PM
that arm is broken in half

boLT fan
11-26-2006, 04:31 PM
Shoulda' stayed retired. :coffee:

tony hipchest
11-26-2006, 05:58 PM
this just in:

seau listed as "questionable" for next weeks game.

tony hipchest
11-27-2006, 03:08 PM
Patriots LB Seau placed on injured reserve

NFL.com wire reports

FOXBOROUGH, Mass. (Nov. 27, 2006) -- The New England Patriots placed linebacker Junior Seau on injured reserve after he seriously injured his right arm Nov. 26 in a 17-13 victory against the Chicago Bears.

The 12-time Pro Bowl selection will miss the rest of the season after coming out of a brief retirement to join the Patriots this summer.

Seau was hurt with less than nine minutes left in the second quarter, apparently when his right arm hit the back of Cedric Benson's foot when he tackled the Chicago running back for no gain at the Bears 25-yard line. Seau's arm bent at an awkward angle, and he went to the ground in obvious pain.

The 17-year veteran walked off after a few minutes, waving to cheering fans with his left hand while a trainer held his right arm still. Coach Bill Belichick did not say whether Seau's arm was broken, and the team gave no details of the injury. :rolleyes:

Seau played 13 seasons with San Diego and the past three with Miami. He announced his retirement in August and ended it four days later. Belichick said he had no more information to add to the announcement that Seau was placed on injured reserve. :coffee:

After the injury, outside linebacker Mike Vrabel moved to Seau's inside spot and Tully Banta-Cain entered the game to play right outside linebacker.

Belichick said Seau was "unselfish, team-oriented" and even gave an emotional pre-game speech Nov. 26.

"He worked very hard to kind of change his style of play a little bit" when he joined the Patriots, Belichick said. "He's done a real good job for us."

Seau began the game with 69 tackles, one fewer than team leader Tedy Bruschi. His tackle on Benson was his only one in the Bears game.
par for the course out of patriots camp.

i noticed the highlight shows didnt even replay the injury. it was definitely the worst ive seen since mcgahee bending his knee forward in the championship game or jason kendall twisting off his foot on 1st base.

polamalufan43
11-27-2006, 03:13 PM
Man, does anyone have a video of it? I didn't even see what happened to him. I just found out a few hours ago what happened.

~Polamalufan43:tt02:

Ambridge
11-27-2006, 03:25 PM
Shoulda' stayed retired. :coffee:

No!! He was only graduating.

BIGBENFASTWILLIE
11-27-2006, 04:57 PM
I havent seen it on NFL NETWORK yet.
Where do you look to find videos

tony hipchest
11-27-2006, 05:08 PM
I havent seen it on NFL NETWORK yet.
Where do you look to find videosyoutube.com (im sure someone has posted it by now)

Livinginthe past
11-27-2006, 05:15 PM
I expect Seau will tell the media that his arm was ripped right out of the socket and that this limb was then used by Brian Urlacher to beat him to near unconsciousness - then BB will have to tell the media that Seau suffers from an inability to tell the difference between real injuries and fabricated ones.

Then again, we did win, so maybe there's no need for such lame excuse making.....

NM

tony hipchest
11-27-2006, 05:39 PM
a little bitter are we, litp? now is your chance to tell us we have no right to discuss this injury when our team is preforming so poorly. "a sprained arm" lol. nice belichickian try there!

nfl primetime with stuart scott just showed the highlights and didnt even mention the seau injury!

i mean this is a potential hall of famer with what is probably a career ending injury. this is one of those trainwreck injuries that the media loves. it literally hurts to watch but you just cant look away. ive seen the steve young, troy aikman, joe theismann injuries replayed hundreds of times. not to mention the mcgahee and kendall injuries getting constant slo-mo replay action.

i guess the nfl doesnt want anyone to see any patriots injuries. God forbid anyone find out theyre not invincible.

Livinginthe past
11-27-2006, 05:45 PM
Go ahead and discuss all you like, I dont mind.

What have I got to be bitter about?

My teams is probably off to the playoffs with a record significantly better than the 10-6 some foolish wannabe pundits predicted.

Then again, its not the 'prediction furnace' is it? :toofunny:

NM

tony hipchest
11-27-2006, 06:16 PM
Go ahead and discuss all you like, I dont mind.

What have I got to be bitter about?

My teams is probably off to the playoffs with a record significantly better than the 10-6 some foolish wannabe pundits predicted.

Then again, its not the 'prediction furnace' is it? :toofunny:

NM
if you "dont mind" then why do you mind?

if you have nothing to be "bitter about" then why so bitter? :toofunny:

yeah, i said the pats would go 10-6. so what of it?

lets look at some of your most recent prognostication and advice:

its also important that Cowher sticks with the run even if it is getting stuffed - throwing the ball has led to turnovers - the Ravens lifeblood.

:sofunny:

isnt it you who constantly slams cowher for doing just that? are you being a hypocrite or just lack consitancy in your critisizm and "analysis" ( :chuckle:)? you dont know much about match ups or playing to your opponents weaknesses do you?

but im getting off track (just as you planned). this thread isnt about my pre season picks or your limited football knowledge. it is more about the seau injury cover-up.

why the hush-hush? im sure you can answer that.

Livinginthe past
11-27-2006, 06:28 PM
I can see you'd like to get into yet another sprawling, unending personal debate here.

Sorry not interested.

Your predictions really do suck though.

I've seen news on the Seau injury on just about every national internet based sports network, the day after the incident - if there is a 'hush-hush' it isnt being done very well is it?

NM

Ambridge
11-27-2006, 06:32 PM
youtube.com (im sure someone has posted it by now)

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y36/doomy3/JuniorSay-OW.jpg

Here's a still photo.

tony hipchest
11-27-2006, 06:51 PM
I can see you'd like to get into yet another sprawling, unending personal debate here.

Sorry not interested.

Your predictions really do suck though.

NM

:coffee: not interrested? we can tell. care to provide us with some english links covering the seau injury?

i think ambridges (thats a pretty rugged still shot) photo sums it up but im still holding out for LITP's final analysis:

I didn't see an obvious bend of the arm in contact (I may have missed it) so im hoping its badly sprained and we may get the old guy back for the postseason. im sure the sheep will wait for an official conclusion to be delivered by belichick in the distant future. BAAAAAAAA!

"badly sprained" :sofunny: good call doc!

Livinginthe past
11-27-2006, 06:55 PM
I didn't see an obvious bend of the arm in contact (I may have missed it) so im hoping its badly sprained and we may get the old guy back for the postseason.

Because im generous i'll point out the very obvious (but not obvious enough for some) disclaimer in the quoted sentence.

You could do the same with your 'predictions'.

Something like this - "New England is past their best and will go 10-6 (im going to be completely and embarrassingly wrong) and win their division"

See how that works?

Maybe you should just stick to puns about cartons of eggs :toofunny:

I dont know what you mean by 'English links' - you think I can't access American sports sites...is that it?

Please tell me thats not what you mean.

NM

tony hipchest
11-27-2006, 07:08 PM
Because im generous i'll point out the very obvious (but not obvious enough for some) disclaimer in the quoted sentence.

I dont know what you mean by 'English links' - you think can't access American sports sites...is that it?

Please tell me thats not what you mean.

NMthats definitely not the 1st thing you have missed.

i have already posted a link stating that he has been placed on IR. doesnt mean im convinced that your bright enough to access them.

what is not "obvious" to you is that it is the pats camp and the national TELEVISION media that is keeping this on the down low (including the nfl network). with your reading comprehension levels i wouldnt expect you to figure that out either.

...just about every national internet based sports network :chuckle: great links and sources! :thumbsup:

thanks ambridge! that picture is worth 1000 words. many more than "just about every national internet based sports network" was able to offer to all those who werent able to watch the game or just "missed" what ACTUALLY happened.

litp, next time try focussing on something other than how tight bruschi's hiney looks in his football pants.

tony hipchest
11-27-2006, 07:15 PM
You could do the same with your 'predictions'.

Something like this - "New England is past their best and will go 10-6 (im going to be completely and embarrassingly wrong) and win their division"

See how that works?

Maybe you should just stick to puns about cartons of eggs :toofunny:

NMnice edit! deflectionary tactics at their finest.

but please stick to the topic at hand.

ones life must be pretty simple to get such a jolley cause i predicted the pats to go 10-6 and win their division. :coffee:

tony hipchest
11-27-2006, 07:19 PM
anyone ever see monty python's "the meaning of life" where the dude is attacked by the tiger and his leg is sort of bitten "off"?

...so im hoping its badly sprained

good one!

Livinginthe past
11-27-2006, 07:26 PM
I actually got a laugh reading that last post.

You really did think I couldn't access American websites :sofunny:

Jeez, you bring up a guys predictions and he questions your 'reading comprehension'....again.

I gave up awhile ago correcting numerous spelling mistakes you make in every post (your insistence on using the word 'preformance' for example) - because it seemed a little beneath me to mock your obvious lack of education.

But it seems odd that you would continue with your line of attack on me - one that attempts to degrade my ability to read and comprehend when its you who shows yourself up in that area time and again.

NM

tony hipchest
11-28-2006, 09:45 AM
litp trick #3- when getting completely owned and deflection fails, grasp the final straw and become the spelling and grammar police :busted:.

so did fox sports net england show any highlights of the injury? found those links yet? to save you from posting even more idiotic drivel, i have saved you the trouble:

http://www.cbs.sportsline.com/nfl/story/9830231

FOXBOROUGH, Mass. -- New England Patriots linebacker Junior Seau, who came out of retirement for one last run at a Super Bowl, left Sunday's game against the Chicago Bears with an injury to his right arm and would not return.

After initially reporting his return was doubtful, the team said in the third quarter that Seau was out for the game.

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/articles/2006/11/26/seau_leaves_game_with_arm_injury/?rss_id=Boston.com+--+New+England+Patriots+news
November 26, 2006

FOXBOROUGH, Mass. --New England Patriots linebacker Junior Seau, who came out of retirement for one last run at a Super Bowl, left Sunday's game against the Chicago Bears with an injury to his right arm and would not return.

After initially reporting his return was doubtful, the team said in the third quarter that Seau was out for the game....Harrison has missed three consecutive games with a shoulder injury, reportedly a broken bone.

http://cbs4boston.com/topstories/local_story_331124547.html
Patriots Linebacker Junior Seau Out For Season
(CBS4) FOXBORO The Patriots placed linebacker Junior Seau on the injured reserve list Monday, ending his season with the team - and possibly his career.

Seau suffered what appeared to be a broken right arm in the second quarter Sunday afternoon while tackling Bears running back Cedric Benson.

Coach Bill Belichick did not say Monday whether Seau's arm was broken, and the team gave no details of the injury.

The break was very visible on television replays, and Seau saluted the crowd as he walked off field with his arm already in a cast.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/football/nfl/11/27/seau.ap/index.html
FOXBOROUGH, Mass. (AP) -- The New England Patriots placed linebacker Junior Seau on injured reserve Monday after he seriously injured his right arm in Sunday's 17-13 with over the Chicago Bears.

The 12-time Pro Bowl selection will miss the rest of the season after coming out of a brief retirement to join the Patriots this summer.

Seau was hurt with less than nine minutes left in the second quarter, apparently when his right arm hit the back of Cedric Benson's foot when he tackled the Chicago running back for no gain at the Bears 25-yard line. Seau's arm bent at an awkward angle, and he went to the ground in obvious pain.

The 17-year veteran walked off after a few minutes, waving to cheering fans with his left hand while a trainer held his right arm still. Coach Bill Belichick did not say Monday whether Seau's arm was broken, and the team gave no details of the injury.

so again i ask, why all the hush-hush? whats belichick got to hide? still no update on r. harrisons injury?

once again litp barks up the wrong tree and comes out firing blanks.

Livinginthe past
11-28-2006, 10:52 AM
I guess we'll take your word for it that im being 'owned' here - you always post like you are 'preforming' to a watching gallery - the thing is...I dont see anybody else showing any interest in your attempts to troll - its kinda sad to see you have to stoop this low.

I do enjoy your mixed metaphors (barking up trees and firing blanks) etc - its like having Forrest Gump as a pen pal - the only difference is, when it comes to you, we always know what we're gonna get.

Seau is on IR and has been since the day after the game - whats so 'hush-hush' about that?

Why does Belichick owe you an explanation regarding precise details of the injury - he is on IR and thats all there is to it.

You just end up looking hypocritical, as usual, when the media is told that Hines Ward has a hyper-extended knee - and then suddenly he needs surgery for a broken bone.

Whats all the 'hush-hush' about?

If you are going to keep on making references to my supposed lack of reading comprehension expect me to draw attention to your child-like spelling ability.

You dont really have a leg to stand on in this thread and I consider time spent making you look foolish as time that could be better spent elsewhere.

So you carry on with your infantile chants of 'diversion,spin, reading comprehension' - and i'll sit back and pity the person who has nothing left other than pathetic attempts to bait other posters into arguments.

NM

tony hipchest
11-28-2006, 11:27 AM
and i'll sit back and pity the person who has nothing left other than pathetic attempts to bait other posters into arguments.

NMbaiting you? i have you jumping out of the water and into the boat. all you got though, is punctuation and capitalization (that im sure you would spell 'capitalisation'), hence you get thrown back into that sea of football knowledge...

so is hines ward's season and potentially his career over? no. didnt hines re-injure an already hyperextended knee chipping a bone? you wouldnt know. you never do.

comparing cowhers injury updates to the shennanigans of belichick just proves what depths you will sink to, and the incredible reach you have when you go grasping at straws. so save the pity. i find it amusintg to watch you flip-flop around like a fish on land. (see what i did there?)

anyways i finally came across a descent piece of journalism on the seau injury. leave it to peter king:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/writers/peter_king/11/26/hof.receivers/5.html

Junior Seau, LB, New England. This noble man, playing some his the best football of the second half of his terrific 17-year career, was driving Chicago running back Thomas Jones into the ground on a second-quarter tackle when he -- apparently -- suffered a broken bone in his right arm, which quite likely will knock him out for the year. And maybe his career. After 10 weeks, his 69 tackles was second on the Super Bowl-contending Patriots, and he'd provided an infusion of vigor and an anvil-like presence at linebacker. And did you see what he did when he walked off the field with an air cast on his right forearm? He mouthed the words "Thank you'' several times to an adoring crowd. Seau knew this might be the last time he walked off a football field in his life, and he did it with dignity and honor.

"dignity and honor", you should try it some time. so should belichick for that matter.