PDA

View Full Version : Rather swallow my Blood, before Pride,...

SteelCzar76
11-26-2006, 04:23 PM
With that said our season has finally come to a disgusting end. Now it's time to begin building for next year. We must clean house. By this i mean ridding this franchise of the following players.

1) Cedrick Wilson
2) Ty Carter
3) Duce Staley
4) Nate washington (For a moment,... i thought of giving him the benefit of the doubt. But that's madness)
5) Ricardo Coclough

The Following players should never start again. (Barring injury)
1:Dshea Townsend
2:Ryan Clark (switch to SS to backup Troy)

Then Draft,....

1st: Laron Landry F/S (LSU) 6'2 205lbs (No corner of this years crop is worth a pick as high as we'll have.)
2nd: Tarrell Brown CB (Texas) 6'0 200lbs
3th: Oscar Lua ILB (USC) 6'1 245lbs
4th: Dan Mozes C (West Virginia) 6'4 290lbs
5th: Ryan Moore WR (Miami) 6'3 225lbs
6th: Renardo Foster OT (Louisville) 6'7 327lbs
7th: Tony Hunt RB (Penn State) 6'2 230lbs

Also resign Joey. (I believe we could work out a deal that would be mutually Beneficial). Though some will say "let him walk,..we have players of average ability like James Harrison to replace him !" But that's exactly what's wrong with the team now,...."reach" guys getting considerable playing time.

"Hail Caesar,......HAIL THE BLACK AND GOLD"

Justin Otstott
11-26-2006, 04:27 PM
wow I 100% agree with you man, I hate all the names you wrote above as far as the Steeler players! Those CB's suck ass! CLEAN HOUSE! this was not Steeler Football this season.

BigDuke6
11-26-2006, 04:47 PM
Will the Steelers clean house though ? I hope so. We just have to. Lets start by letting Cowher go as its quite obvious thats what he wants to do. Bring in a new HC and let the chips fall where they may with the staff. I say clean 'em out except for LeBeau.
As far as players.....
1) Cedrick Wilson
2) Nate Washington
3) Jeff Hartings
4) Kendall Simmons
5) Ryan Clark
6) Jeff Reed
7) Deshae Townsend
8) Ty Carter
9) James Farrior
10) Max Starks

Sharkissle29
11-26-2006, 06:51 PM
i still would like to keep washington....but this team has some serious rebuilding to do now....im not even sure we'll be to good next year, 10-6?

SteelCityMan786
11-26-2006, 07:29 PM
Will the Steelers clean house though ? I hope so. We just have to. Lets start by letting Cowher go as its quite obvious thats what he wants to do. Bring in a new HC and let the chips fall where they may with the staff. I say clean 'em out except for LeBeau.
As far as players.....
1) Cedrick Wilson
2) Nate Washington
3) Jeff Hartings
4) Kendall Simmons
5) Ryan Clark
6) Jeff Reed
7) Deshae Townsend
8) Ty Carter
9) James Farrior
10) Max Starks

Keep: Farrior, Reed, Townsend, and Hartings

Consider: Washington, Simmons, Starks

Rid: Wilson, Clark(maybe), Carter

lilyoder6
11-26-2006, 08:27 PM
i agree with u in some areas.. i think townsend is geting too old to keep up with the new very talented wr's. and i would like to keep hartings but he is aslo getting old. y would we get rid of clark when we gave him a like a 3 yr or 5 yr contract.. i think he did decent for the 1st yr with the D.. and tryone carter is a good backup for saftey and we could switch him to corner cuz he does have vertical..
i also agree with getting rid of duce.. he is done he can't come back we alrdy have good rb's in willie, najah and verron
if u gonna draft some ppl i do agree with Laron Landry F/S or even Tom Zbikowski S 6'0" 210
for an ilb maybe H.B. Blades LB 6'0" 240 or Paul Posluszny LB 6'2" 238 who could play inside or outside
it would be nice to get Jeff Samardzija WR 6'5" 218 nice tall person for jump balls
and even to get Michael Bush RB 6'3" 250 his stock might drop since he broke his leg but still he is good

MJ5150
11-26-2006, 10:24 PM
I hate to see us start letting offensive linemen go. Are these guys really that bad? Last season, with basically the same OL, we were considered the best. Right there with Seattle's OL. Have they all lost a step that quick, or is it just a bad season all across the front line?

The secondary is a joke. I saw our DB's laying on their backs all day after getting run over. I think Ike Taylor really got one over on the Steeler front office.

-Mike