PDA

View Full Version : Giants Choke

Atlanta Dan
11-26-2006, 06:59 PM
The Steelers and Falcons were horrible in must win games, but the trophy for worst performance of the day is captured by the Giants blowing a 21 point lead as the Titans score 24 points in the 4th Q to win 24-21 on a 49 yard FG with six seconds to go.

FG set up by Eli Manning throwing a bird brained pass while pressured with 40 seconds to go that was intercepted at mid-field.

New York Times had an article today on whether what you now see with Eli is all the Giants will ever get. Today's loss will not help that controversy.

http://www.nytimes.com/2006/11/26/sports/football/26giants.html?ref=football

One more year for Coughlin and then Cowher to the Giants in 2008?

Livinginthe past
11-26-2006, 07:05 PM
Eli Manning is now getting the backlash from a football public sick of the hype and overpublicity of footballs 'First Family'.

Peyton apologists insist it will only take a single SB for him to be a shoo-in for the HOF, never mind the bad play he shown in the past - sinking his own team in the playoffs.

New York is apparently a hugely hypercritical sporting fanbase - and to think Eli actually punked out the Chargers to get there!

Eli is a simply an average NFL QB - at least Peyton can perform to a high standard in the regular season.

NM

Kermit
11-26-2006, 09:52 PM
If there's a team that's more of a mess than the Steelers right now, it's the Giants -- not only are they playing awful on the field, but afterwards, all they can do is point fingers (both coaches and players).

I think the best thing about the Giants' game today was when Mathias Kiwanuka had Vince Young on fourth down, and then casually let him run away -- man, oh man! Great first round draft pick there, New York.

Kermit
11-27-2006, 07:39 PM
This just keeps getting better (http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/story/9832312):

(Nov. 27, 2006) -- Giants coach Tom Coughlin has five games to save his locker room, his season and his job.

If the Giants stumble down the stretch the way they did in Tennessee, ownership will lose even more faith in Coughlin than it already has. But the Giants coach has five games to rally support of his players and his organization, which now is on the wane.

One high-ranking Giants source said Monday that Coughlin now faces a potential "mutiny."

"As far as Tom goes, if we keep losing, if it spirals downward, you will have a mutiny here with the players," the Giants official said. "A lot of men can lead. Very few can inspire. He can't inspire these guys."

...I love it.

boLT fan
11-28-2006, 03:30 PM
Say with me now!

Eeeeeeli sucks! :dancing:

Atlanta Dan
11-29-2006, 07:00 PM
There are so many factors that went into Ben's third year being what it has become that at this time I will just toss it out as a long term indication of anything.

That having been said, Ben needs to start strong in 2007 or I will start to wonder if it all came apart for him on a June day in 2006.

3 to be 4
12-01-2006, 10:41 PM
so, what was the deal with the Giant lineman who had Young for a sack on the 4th down and just let him go?

tony hipchest
12-01-2006, 10:50 PM
so, what was the deal with the Giant lineman who had Young for a sack on the 4th down and just let him go?if he didnt let young go the refs wouldve flagged him for a 15 yd "roughing" penalty for a 1st down anyways.

damned if you do, damed if you dont