PDA

View Full Version : 4-7 and a being STEELER FAN is better than...

Ironcityman
11-26-2006, 10:37 PM
......being a Brownie, Ratbird or Bungle fan, regardless of the record. Let's finish strong and chalk this season up as a learning experience. We still have a great foundation to continue to build from like we always do.

Until SB 41 ends, we're still the CHAMPS. So the rest of the league can kiss our collective butts!

Lets have some fun at the home games and cheer on the best damn football team from the best damn football town in America!

GO STEELERS!!!!!!!!!!!!

:tt02: :cheers: :helmet:

SteelersMongol
11-26-2006, 10:54 PM
AGREED. LIKE I SAID BEFORE WE COULD STILL HURT BUNGLES', RATBIRDS' AND CLOWNS' RECORDS FOR THE REST OF THE SEASON. :tt02:

ChronoCross
11-26-2006, 11:04 PM
I could never root for another team and wear there colors. Ive always been a steelers fan and until the day I die. Been thru the thick and thin years and the SB slump year for us is part of Football teams go thru this. Were not the first not to make the playoffs after a SB and we will not be the last. Lets go back to 1973 is when I dawn the colors.. And every year I wear my colors year in and out.

tony hipchest
11-26-2006, 11:09 PM
you mean we shouldnt just throw in the terrible towel and hope for the highest draft pick possible? :rolleyes:

Steelersfan
11-26-2006, 11:17 PM
you mean we shouldnt just throw in the terrible towel and hope for the highest draft pick possible? :rolleyes:

And you wonder why people say you start shit. That thread was closed Tony so get over it already.

SteelCityMan786
11-26-2006, 11:34 PM
Let's go out with a bang. Starts next week with Tampa Bay

HERE WE GO STEELERS HERE WE GO!

Livinginthe past
11-26-2006, 11:35 PM
Looks like every thread is becoming infected with the same repetitive virus.

Another thread lock is the obvious solution, no?

NM

tony hipchest
11-26-2006, 11:43 PM
Looks like every thread is becoming infected with the same repetitive virus.

Another thread lock is the obvious solution, no?

NMlook out! THOUGHT POLICE! :busted:

7Ben7
11-26-2006, 11:47 PM
I will aways be a Steelers fan, regardless of record. And I am damn proud to be a Steelers fan.

Regardless of records, scores, and what others say, we will all be Steelers fans FOR LIFE.

:tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02:

MACH1
11-27-2006, 12:34 AM
Once a Steeler ALWAYS a Steeler!!!!!!

MJ5150
11-27-2006, 12:46 AM
I don't know. I think the Baltimore fans are feeling pretty good right now, especially after destroying us and leaving no doubt who is better. I'd sure like to be feeling good about my Steelers playoff chances.

At this exact moment, I don't think it is better to be a Steeler fan than a Baltimore fan. Those fans are planning for the playoffs. We're all sitting here crying and wondering what will happen next year.

-Mike

24seven
11-27-2006, 12:57 AM
almost every year we split the wins column with Baltimore so take with it a future win i guess.. The hardest part to swallow is that i know the team is capable of so much more yet there failing in every aspect of the game.. It's like muphy's law has found us and won't let go.. it's almost pathetic.. But hearing everyone ask the same questions over and over like "whats with the Steelers." like i have the answer for them is gettin old.. If we weren't riding such a high it wouldn't be so bad but to take us to the moon then dump us off on the way back to earth is a little hard to take.. couldn't even make it half way through the season before the high died.. I just want a good O lineman and a kickass CB....

MJ5150
11-27-2006, 01:02 AM
I just want a good O lineman and a kickass CB....

I went through the list of upcoming free agents. There are quite a few that would look good in a Steeler uniform. I know the Steeler front office does not run out and throw money at FA's, but this offseason it may be a good one to grab one or two.

-Mike

Elvis
11-27-2006, 08:26 AM
I will aways be a Steelers fan, regardless of record. And I am damn proud to be a Steelers fan.

Regardless of records, scores, and what others say, we will all be Steelers fans FOR LIFE.

:tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02: :tt02:
:tt02: :helmet:
My thoughts exactly.....
GO BLACK N GOLD FOREVER!!!:wave:

steelerbackr4life
11-27-2006, 08:34 AM
I was a born a Steeler fan and will die one! So will my children! My family and I are looking forward to being at the game next weekend and being with the greatest fans in the world!:tt02: :tt02:

HERE WE GO STEELERS

Stillers43
11-27-2006, 10:07 AM
Good comments!

imp-n-arn
11-27-2006, 10:39 AM
Can you imagine say Jack Lambert wearing purple?

I love this team!

polamalufan43
11-27-2006, 10:46 AM
Can you imagine say Jack Lambert wearing purple?

I love this team!
Don't even joke about that.

:tt02: YOU CAN TAKE THE STEELER FAN OUT OF THE 'BURGH, BUT YOU CAN NEVER TAKE THE 'BURGH OUT OF THE STEELER FAN.:tt02:

~Polamalufan43:tt02:

SteelCityMan786
11-27-2006, 10:47 AM
It doesn't matter what the record is. It doesn't matter how the team does. Win or lose. Whatever. No one will ever stop me from being a STEELERS Fan.

HERE WE GO STEELERS HERE WE GO

Here's to finishing 9-7.

TXSTEELER
11-27-2006, 12:42 PM
I had to add to my signature at work on all of my emails. Hope I can take that last line off next year. I have sure enjoyed corresponding with my contacts in Seattle all year.

SUPER Steelers
5 Rings and Counting!

Just Not this year!!

I am still wearing my Steeler Badge holder and proudly display my Steeler stuff all over my desk. I have been fortunate to be a Black and Gold fan. God forbid if I had to be a KC fan. I have lived here in Kansas now over half my life but I still won't give up on the Black and Gold. Lets show them how it is done next year!!!

stlrtruck
11-27-2006, 02:14 PM
Don't even joke about that.

:tt02: YOU CAN TAKE THE STEELER FAN OUT OF THE 'BURGH, BUT YOU CAN NEVER TAKE THE 'BURGH OUT OF THE STEELER FAN.:tt02:

Thank God I never got infested with the baltimoronville virus when living in MD and that my early (age 16) visits to Pittsburgh changed my blood FOREVER!!!

steelerbackr4life
11-27-2006, 02:36 PM
:iagree: Even during the worst of times I wouldnt trade being a Steeler fan for anything !

sumo
11-27-2006, 02:40 PM
I don't know how to be a true fan anywhere else ... however, I enjoy the NFL also and I will enjoy the rest of the season, the playoffs, SB, etc

stlrtruck
11-27-2006, 03:22 PM
I don't know how to be a true fan anywhere else ... however, I enjoy the NFL also and I will enjoy the rest of the season, the playoffs, SB, etc

I'll do that too...right after the ratbirds are eliminated!!!!

polamalufan43
11-27-2006, 04:19 PM
I don't know how to be a true fan anywhere else ...

You got that right.

IMPORTANT NOTE: If anyone has any idea how to be a fan anywhere, please inform us. We probably won't take your advice, but it is just nice to know how the other half lives.

To tell you the truth, other team's fans might look at us strangely because we are so pumped up and enthusiastic.

polamalufan43
11-27-2006, 04:20 PM
I'll do that too...right after the ratbirds are eliminated!!!!

Anyone feel like throwing a party after they are eliminated? :cheers: :cheer: :cheers:

ravensFan
11-27-2006, 05:10 PM
Thank God I never got infested with the baltimoronville virus when living in MD and that my early (age 16) visits to Pittsburgh changed my blood FOREVER!!!

I've been infected and I must say it's the best thing that ever happened to me. Don't feel bad about getting your a@# handed to you by the Ravens. They are the best team in football right now. You might want to sit Big Ben out for our next meeting up in Pittsburgh before he gets killed. I can feel your fear of another game against us all the way from B'more. The whole team might want to call out sick that day like the Bus use to do when ever you guys had a game against the Ravens. That steel curtain looks like it has rusted out holes in it.

What cracks me up is that Coward has one bad season and you guys are ready to chuck him out the door. Although I don't like him because he is a cry baby, he's still a great coach and you guys should appreciate all he has done for the Steelers. I see there is no loyalty in Pittsburgh for a guy who just won a superbowl for you last year.

HometownGal
11-27-2006, 05:20 PM
I've been infected and I must say it's the best thing that ever happened to me. Don't feel bad about getting your a@# handed to you by the Ravens. They are the best team in football right now. You might want to sit Big Ben out for our next meeting up in Pittsburgh before he gets killed. I can feel your fear of another game against us all the way from B'more. The whole team might want to call out sick that day like the Bus use to do when ever you guys had a game against the Ravens. That steel curtain looks like it has rusted out holes in it.

What cracks me up is that Coward has one bad season and you guys are ready to chuck him out the door. Although I don't like him because he is a cry baby, he's still a great coach and you guys should appreciate all he has done for the Steelers. I see there is no loyalty in Pittsburgh for a guy who just won a superbowl for you last year.

I totally disagree with your (biased) opinion that the Rats are the best team in football right now, but I sadly have to agree with your second paragraph.

I'm not basing my opinion on the rivalry between the two teams or my intense dislike for some of their players - I am basing it on the obvious fact that the Rats' offense is erratic and somewhat inconsistent. Your D, imho, is definitely tops in the NFL right now and they are what keeps that team in most of their matchups. Yes - we got our behinds handed to us yesterday, but I don't think there is a single Steelers fan here on this board who fears the Steelers second matchup with the Rats in our house - what is there to really be afraid of now that we basically have no chance at the playoffs this season? Rest assured that the Steelers will come ready for the rematch - they were literally embarassed right off of the field yesterday and our guys do have pride - it is that pride they will be playing for in our next matchup. :thumbsup: :tt02:

iloveben7
11-27-2006, 05:45 PM
......being a Brownie, Ratbird or Bungle fan, regardless of the record. Let's finish strong and chalk this season up as a learning experience. We still have a great foundation to continue to build from like we always do.

Until SB 41 ends, we're still the CHAMPS. So the rest of the league can kiss our collective butts!

Lets have some fun at the home games and cheer on the best damn football team from the best damn football town in America!

GO STEELERS!!!!!!!!!!!!

:tt02: :cheers: :helmet:
I couldn't agree with you more!! If the Steelers were 0-16 they would still be the best football team in the best town in the world. No other team has fans like us and I'm proud to be a Steeler fan. Even though our playoff chances are slim to none, you never know the ravens and bengals may lose all of their remaining games, but the one thing we'll do is scare the heck out of every team to see us on their schedule the rest of this season and next season.

iloveben7
11-27-2006, 06:01 PM

Excuse me but the Steelers didn't give up yesterday and no way in hell are we sitting out Ben. Ben is the kid that brought us the Superbowl and just wait until next year when he does it again. You might want to sit out Steve McNair Christmas Eve because he won't be seeing Christmas day if he plays then.
BTW his name is Cowher and he was the one talking about retiring.

stillers4me
11-27-2006, 06:19 PM
Remember the Ben-gals fan I told you about last week that said he was now officially Colts fan? (he and my husband call each other all day on Sundays and smack talk each other.....all in good fun)..well.......you guessed it........Sunday night he called and bragged about how the Bengals were going to the playoffs and win the Suprebowl. Some people only want to cheer to be loyal to a team that is winning. One win and he's back to being a Bengals fan. (I can't wait to hear from him on Friday!!)

Being a Steeler fan means taking the good with the bad, and the ugly (and I mean very ugly!). It makes the good times sooooooo much fun!! One of the docs I work for said to me today, "How can your team go from winning the SuperBowl one year and being so awful the next?" I looked at him (a Bengals fan) and said, "How can a team play football for 15 years and never even make the playoffs???". He just said, "You have a comeback for everything." I said, "The bengals make it just too easy!".

I'll take my Steelers any day......we can criticize, but I'll never stop basking in the laurels of those good times............we've earned the right!

ravensFan
11-27-2006, 06:49 PM
Excuse me but the Steelers didn't give up yesterday and no way in hell are we sitting out Ben. Ben is the kid that brought us the Superbowl and just wait until next year when he does it again. You might want to sit out Steve McNair Christmas Eve because he won't be seeing Christmas day if he plays then.
BTW his name is Cowher and he was the one talking about retiring.

Never said you gave up. We will be sure to deliver a nice gift for Pittsburgh Christmas Eve. Air McNair will put up 35 points in your house!!! Or we might just play our 3rd string and save ourselves for the playoffs, LOL.

Some people only want to cheer to be loyal to a team that is winning. One win and he's back to being a Bengals fan. (I can't wait to hear from him on Friday!!) Being a Steeler fan means taking the good with the bad, and the ugly...
I'll take my Steelers any day......we can criticize, but I'll never stop basking in the laurels of those good times............we've earned the right!

I've been a Ravens fan and Ravens fan only since their creation. Now the creation has turned to purple perfection.

There's more coming for christmas.

http://espn-i.starwave.com/media/apphoto/e3de5633-b034-4442-af08-8e1140077e52.jpg

stillers4me
11-27-2006, 06:58 PM
Ask the Bengals about paybacks. Never, ever underestimate your enemy.