PDA

View Full Version : What should the steelers do?

tony hipchest
11-26-2006, 09:41 PM
the playoff hopes are over, but the SEASON isnt. what should the steelers do?

throw in the towel? act like the bengals and browns and play for a higher draft pick?

or play for the fans who pay them to play and act like the champions they are?

Steelersfan
11-26-2006, 09:49 PM
*Edited

Dynasty
11-26-2006, 09:49 PM
Do you realize the ridiculousness of a question like that? The Steelers are an organization with WAY too much honor and pride to stoop to such a low level. And to tell you the truth, the way we have played this year, we can just keep playing the way we have been and we'll automatically get a high draft pick. Ugghhh, this season makes me sick.

SteelersMongol
11-26-2006, 09:50 PM
what a sad day. 0 to 27. :banging: but i'll say finish the season fighting like the champions. we could still hurt the Clowns, Bungles, and Ratbirds statistics! :computer:

stillers4me
11-26-2006, 09:53 PM
Well they say what doesn't kill you makes you stronger.

tony hipchest
11-26-2006, 09:58 PM
Do you realize the ridiculousness of a question like that? The Steelers are an organization with WAY too much honor and pride to stoop to such a low level. .of course i do. ive just seen some "true steelerfans" hoping for the steelers to lose all remaining games so that the steelers can draft a high picked, expensive rookie, to come in and save the steelers from the woes of this season.

personally id rather see the steelers win out, finish 9-7, save some face, and deal with whatever midround pick they can get. playing for the #1 pick in the draft just dont set well with me. but i guess im not a true fan, just someone who likes to start shit :rolleyes:

Steelersfan
11-26-2006, 09:59 PM

throw in the towel? act like the bengals and browns and play for a higher draft pick?

Oh I see, you go an edit it while I replied. :dang:

Haiku_Dirtt
11-26-2006, 10:02 PM
If we just kick the living ******* **** out of the Bengals and call it a season well at least we have something to shut down the Cincy choir girls from infecting our debates.

The dust needs to settle before we start to downsize the dead weight on the roster.

I'm moving McFadden up the board. NO. The kid playing with the Razorbacks.

Steelersfan
11-26-2006, 10:02 PM
of course i do. ive just seen some "true steelerfans" hoping for the steelers to lose all remaining games so that the steelers can draft a high picked, expensive rookie, to come in and save the steelers from the woes of this season.

personally id rather see the steelers win out, finish 9-7, save some face, and deal with whatever midround pick they can get. playing for the #1 pick in the draft just dont set well with me. but i guess im not a true fan, just someone who likes to start shit :rolleyes:

First you edit your post. Then you start with this crap again?

Your first post was a decent question before you edited it. This is just starting shit again.

SteelCityMan786
11-26-2006, 10:30 PM
Well they say what doesn't kill you makes you stronger.

I hear that!

BigDuke6
11-26-2006, 10:40 PM
With Troy going down, I'm for moving Anthony Smith up the chart and get him some serious game time. Same goes for Kemo, Simmons has to be gone now. Get Chukky in at OC as well. Get Willie Reid back healthy and get him the ball. In other words, let the kids play now. We gain so much more from them benefitting from the experience.

tony hipchest
11-26-2006, 10:40 PM
First you edit your post. Then you start with this crap again?

Your first post was a decent question before you edited it. This is just starting shit again.
this post was gonna be a poll. but you cant conduct a poll 3 min after starting a thread. wtf is your problem?

i know you think a certain poster at your board is a good dude (as do i) but as an admin of your own board i would think you know better than to follow posters around and try to settle some sort of personal agenda.

if you dont like the fact that im not throwing in my towel just to see the steelers lose 5 games in a row and secure a higher draftpick, i suggest you leave or put me on ignore.

keep in mind youre bringing blast furnace attacks into the general forums.

Livinginthe past
11-26-2006, 10:42 PM
this post was gonna be a poll. but you cant conduct a poll 3 min after starting a thread. wtf is your problem?

i know you think a certain poster at your board is a good dude (as do i) but as an admin of your own board i would think you know better than to follow posters around and try to settle some sort of personal agenda.

if you dont like the fact that im not throwing in my towel just to see the steelers lose 5 games in a row and secure a higher draftpick, i suggest you leave or put me on ignore.

I almost died of 'irony poisoning' after reading that one.

Stop posting the same rubbish in all the threads in the main forum and people wont call you on it.

NM

MJ5150
11-26-2006, 10:44 PM
I don't think some high draft pick is going to come in here and make a difference on this team. A rookie CB is going to get burned a lot in the NFL. A rookie WR is going to need some time to learn an NFL offense, and playing at NFL speed. Rookie OL can do some damage, but usually get handled by veteran DL more often.

I'd like to see some players challenged to turn their season around. We have good players on this team who have grown complacent. What Bill is doing with Ike doesn't seem to be having an affect on him. The guys who have stepped in for Ike are not playing with that "I'll prove to everyone I should always be the starter" mentality.

Go ahead and clean house, just don't start cutting loose every guy who is having a bad year.

-Mike

tony hipchest
11-26-2006, 11:43 PM
Looks like every thread is becoming infected with the same repetitive virus.

Another thread lock is the obvious solution, no?

NMlook out! THOUGHT POLICE! :busted:

i guess you think anyone who doesnt think that the steelers should mail in for the rest of the season for a better draft pick is posting "rubbish" huh?

get the hell out of here. noone but a select few buy into that crap.

i'll enjoy a steelers win over the bucs much more than the steelers sending up their card within 3 hours on draft day.

OX1947
11-26-2006, 11:45 PM
There is no explaination on how the Steelers have played this year. Its the same team less a few players but its the same core. And to have these many mistakes threw 11 games just doesnt make sense. All this talk about Bill Cowher and being angry about his contract situation, its adding on to the misery. This is America and if you have earned the right to try to earn as much as you can get, so be it. Bill Cowher has won for 15 years, gone to 6 AFCC, 2 SB and won one and has the ideals of the org. He deserves to get top 3 money so you cant blame Cowher for quitting or all this crap that all of you believe because some jackass urinalist writes it.

I think as soon and Big Ben's face hit that windshield, that was an omen telling us the fairytale was over. God was telling Ben that you must be brought back down. And then when he had his appendix taken out, that was the final sign that things werent going to go the steelers way or his way. Bad luck, bad breaks and the worst season I have watched as a Steeler fan. Not because of the losing, but because of how they've lost and to have this kind of talent doing it.

Sad season, and now Troy may have blown out a knee, persoanlly I had come to terms with the Steelers not going to the playoffs but Im worried for Troy, I hope to god it isnt a torn ligament. I hope its a broke leg or something that wont effect things too much.

MJ5150
11-26-2006, 11:57 PM
There is no explaination on how the Steelers have played this year. Its the same team less a few players but its the same core.

Maybe the loss of Bettis, Chris Hope, and Randle El has been underestimated?

I know I sure did the "Oh well, he can leave. We don't need him anyway" when Randle El left. I think I was way off on that thought.

I don't think Hope was some kind of All-Pro world beater, but he did allow Troy to be more effective on the line of scrimmage.

-Mike

tony hipchest
11-27-2006, 12:08 AM
i see that LITP and the admin of another steelers board do not like the question i have posed in the appropriate forum. if i am correct, steelersfever is a board for discussion. if i am incorrect, will the mods please direct me to where i shouldve asked this legitimate, steelers related question?

i hope im not in the minority of those who think the steelers should "play to win the game".

MattsMe
11-27-2006, 12:18 AM

That should be the only option. It makes me sick when I see "fans" posting crap like "I hope the Steelers don't win another game this year." Screw the draft. We don't need a top 5 pick eating up cap space, and even if we did, the idea of hoping for losses would never even cross the mind of a real fan.

MJ5150
11-27-2006, 12:26 AM
Come on already with all of these "true fans" comments. Give some of your fellow Steeler fans some slack, and time to get over this Baltimore game before you jump all over them.

We just got our butts handed to us, our QB was nearly killed today. Our team was sliced, diced, filleted, and torn apart limb by limb on national TV like a high school team. For some people, they are going to lash out and say things they may regret until Monday morning.

So please....ease up already.

-Mike

MACH1
11-27-2006, 12:28 AM
Just play the games and whatever happens - happens.

Steelersfan
11-27-2006, 12:38 AM

1 - I don't have a problem.
2 - I wasn't the one who started a whole new thread on something that was closed in the BF. You did. Then you kept on about it in at least 3 other threads. But I'm the one bringing it out and following you around? :dang:
3 - Nothing personal and it has nothing to do with any other board or person. Just calling it like it is. I visit other forums to have discussions with other people whether I agree with them or not. That is what a message board is for. I couldn't do that here earlier because you were saying the same crap in every thread.
4 - I could care less what you think about the next 5 games now. As I originally started to post in your thread (before you edited it) I was talking about working out the things that went wrong this year. Not throwing the season away on purpose. But you had your own agenda when you made that thread and it wasn't for a real discussion. Sorry for thinking that you might.
5 - i suggest you leave or put me on ignore is this a threat of some kind? :yawn:

As a favor to SCM and Prosdo I will not continue on with you Tony. I came here to talk about the Steelers and see what was going on at SF, not make their jobs harder as you do.

On a side note:
What's up LITP? Haven't talked to you in awhile. See you are still on here causing hate and discontent....lol Damn Patriot fans! Now I have to go to work tomorrow and listen to them all!

MattsMe
11-27-2006, 12:38 AM
Come on already with all of these "true fans" comments. Give some of your fellow Steeler fans some slack, and time to get over this Baltimore game before you jump all over them.

We just got our butts handed to us, our QB was nearly killed today. Our team was sliced, diced, filleted, and torn apart limb by limb on national TV like a high school team. For some people, they are going to lash out and say things they may regret until Monday morning.

So please....ease up already.

-Mike

I see your point, and understand that some of the things said may just be people blowing off steam after a poor showing by the Black and Gold. However, I get the feeling that more than one of these people will still feel the same way after a day or two of cooling off. They may change their tune by gametime next sunday, but if we lose again, it will be back to the "play for a draft pick" crap all over again.

MACH1
11-27-2006, 12:45 AM
I see your point, and understand that some of the things said may just be people blowing off steam after a poor showing by the Black and Gold. However, I get the feeling that more than one of these people will still feel the same way after a day or two of cooling off. They may change their tune by gametime next sunday, but if we lose again, it will be back to the "play for a draft pick" crap all over again.

That would be like playing for last place. NOT going to happen, theres a little thing called pride. We have to much pride to be playing for last place or draft picks!