PDA

View Full Version : Why is it? That everything gets blamed on Ben?

SteelerMurf
11-26-2006, 10:26 PM
How can anyone watch that game today and come away saying Ben is the reason for this or that. For all the sudden saying Ben doesn't have it.

I am starting to question Steeler fan's knowledge of the game of football. Ben got harrasssed more than any Steeler QB I have ever seen. He handled the pressure well, took sacks instead of throwing into coverage. He put passes on the hands of WRs who dropped them (including TDs).

I haven't read thru all the posts cause almost all that caught my eye were about Ben and I got inspired to write this and won't read the other threads.

How bout we question this:

pitiful oline run blocking

pitiful oline pass blocking and blitz pickup

pitiful WR play again dropping a TD and many first downs

pitiful running game

pitiful punting

pitiful Dline pass pressure

pitiful linebackers pass pressure

no run stopping today, we got run thru like we weren't even there.

our secondary completely unable to ever come up with a big play, EVER

It's all Ben, he is the only reason the Steelers have taken 10 steps back this season.....give me a break:banging:

MJ5150
11-26-2006, 10:28 PM
For the same reason that Ben "leads us to victory" no matter how good the defense plays, or how many yards Willie ends up with in a win.

-Mike

BigDuke6
11-26-2006, 10:32 PM
Because he's the QB. Thats why they make the big $$$$$

SteelCityMan786
11-26-2006, 10:32 PM
Cuz he's the leader I guess

imp-n-arn
11-26-2006, 10:36 PM
well if that's the case ... fire the rooney's

X-Terminator
11-26-2006, 10:39 PM
Because way too many fans are single-minded and lazy, and don't really pay attention to or understand the game. They can't or won't see beyond the QB to all of the other problems the team has - no, it's easy to just put it all at the feet of the QB. It's pure :bs:

24seven
11-27-2006, 12:03 AM
your blind if you didn't see the o line being the reason behind Bens demise today.. it was truly pathetic.. But Bens shoes aren't tied either.. a couple times he went to take off and i swear he did the scooby doo and ran in place .. Ben just won't or chooses not to scramble like he used to. I'm not blaming this loss on him one bit but if our line is going to leave blitzes wide open every play and he knows he's gonna get sacked you might want to think about stepping up or out of the pocket and moving a little more or that bruised brain of his is gonna turn to mush.. We just can't let him take this abuse much longer or our franchise qb is playin go fish with troy aikman..

Steelers
11-27-2006, 12:05 AM
Because it's easy.

Prosdo
11-27-2006, 12:41 AM
Because way too many fans are single-minded and lazy, and don't really pay attention to or understand the game. They can't or won't see beyond the QB to all of the other problems the team has - no, it's easy to just put it all at the feet of the QB. It's pure :bs:

Excellect post and you hit the nail on the head. Some people just can't realize poor offensive line play is not Ben's fault.

steeler dude
11-27-2006, 12:43 AM
not bens fault -o-line looked like doo doo and they have only had a few good games no passing game no running game = doo doo line play / BIG BEN IS one of the only bright spots for the steelers future for now and a few other players ! hell is cowher even coming back ? the coners are not playing well and holmes is showing that he is a true rookie.along with all that the hype /the injuries /turnovers /and being the champs while everyone is hunting udown that hard to overcome when u start out 1-3 /next year will be better believe that ! and bet steelers in afc championship at least in 2007-2008

Elvis
11-27-2006, 07:29 AM
your blind if you didn't see the o line being the reason behind Bens demise today.. it was truly pathetic.. But Bens shoes aren't tied either.. a couple times he went to take off and i swear he did the scooby doo and ran in place .. Ben just won't or chooses not to scramble like he used to. I'm not blaming this loss on him one bit but if our line is going to leave blitzes wide open every play and he knows he's gonna get sacked you might want to think about stepping up or out of the pocket and moving a little more or that bruised brain of his is gonna turn to mush.. We just can't let him take this abuse much longer or our franchise qb is playin go fish with troy aikman..

I agree whole heartedly!!

stlrtruck
11-27-2006, 07:49 AM
There's was an idiot at the bar yesterday yelling that ben was a terrible QB and we should have never drafted him. I guess he didn't see the O-line opening up holes for the defense.

And I'll tell everyone else like I told him. It isn't Ben's fault and I'll bet my bottom dollar that you were cheering like hell for him last year in the playoffs when he was winning games. You cheer this team when they are up, you better damn well cheer them when they are on the lows. So the bandwagon is warming up, so get on it and roll out!"

HERE WE GO STEELERS HERE WE GO!!!!!!

Buzz05
11-27-2006, 08:14 AM
The game yesterday was absoultely embarrassing. With that being said it was a gutsy performance by Hines to even try to go. Ben for coming back after getting destroyed by Bart Scott and for Troy. Those 3 players seemed like the only ones that showed up. Offensive line must have still been sleeping after their Thanksgiving feasts, Defensive line was probably still thinking how they could get their hands on the new tickle me elmo doll for Christmas and dont get me started on where Deshae's head was at. Where ever it was it wasnt in the state of maryland. With all those players deciding to stay out of Baltimore its pretty hard for Ben, Hines, and Troy to take on a team like the Ravens. With that being said...people need to get off Bens back and open their eyes. The kid played his guts out yesterday got the black knocked off his helmet and still stood in there is tried to will this group to a win. Im sorry call me optimistic or a homer whatever. We ran into a lot better team (i cant believe I just said that) and we have major issues. But QB is NOT one of them. Offensive and defensive lines help with games. When you have both of them on your team playing as terrible as ours played yesterday everyone looks worse then they played. Where was the fire, the intensity, the jaw? Where was Russ Grim getting in their faces, Dick Lebeue coming up with some new way to get at McNair. We got out played, out coached and out thunk (if thats a word). Ben is not the problem, would you think Chuck coulda done better? I highly doubt it. Chuck is a great backup...but just that.

Sorry for rambling I had a lot to say.

imp-n-arn
11-27-2006, 09:46 AM
Ben is really looking great, I mean that I think and hope by next year he'll be back to weight and 100%.

I say we get our ducks in a row, prepare for the off-season and draft and start anew in april.

GO STEELERS!

SteelCityMan786
11-27-2006, 09:47 AM
How can anyone watch that game today and come away saying Ben is the reason for this or that. For all the sudden saying Ben doesn't have it.

I am starting to question Steeler fan's knowledge of the game of football. Ben got harrasssed more than any Steeler QB I have ever seen. He handled the pressure well, took sacks instead of throwing into coverage. He put passes on the hands of WRs who dropped them (including TDs).

I haven't read thru all the posts cause almost all that caught my eye were about Ben and I got inspired to write this and won't read the other threads.

pitiful running game

pitiful punting

It's all Ben, he is the only reason the Steelers have taken 10 steps back this season.....give me a break:banging:

He's the quarterback. Enough said.

polamalufan43
11-27-2006, 09:49 AM
well if that's the case ... fire the rooney's

You can't fire them. They are the reason why the Steelers are in Pittsburgh. If anything, we should be thanking them for sticking with the team, and for being so respectful to the fans.

~Polamalufan43:tt02:

imp-n-arn
11-27-2006, 09:54 AM
You can't fire them. They are the reason why the Steelers are in Pittsburgh. If anything, we should be thanking them for sticking with the team, and for being so respectful to the fans.

~Polamalufan43:tt02:

That was sarcasm :-( ... we'll get 'em next year.

GO STEELERS!

klick81
11-27-2006, 01:53 PM

WERD.

SteelerMurf
11-27-2006, 08:55 PM
He's the quarterback. Enough said.

So a QB has to block and catch passes to? Nice explanation, just proving my point nobody wants to actually watch the game and see what is happening. The haters are too lazy to realize that no QB can do it all by himself. What grade would you give the oline, TEs and RBs on pass and run blocking? What grade would you give the WRs on catching passes in their hands? Honestly I expected more out of Steeler fans than to just lay everything on the feet of the QB who rely's so much on protection to do anything.

If everyone played with the guts Ben did on Sunday, the game would have been much closer.

Steelersfan4life0655
11-27-2006, 11:15 PM
Personally, I believe you can put the blame for yesterdays and this seasons games on the coaching staff. Yes, i know there has been distractions and players not living to their full potential, but it just seems the coaches are the ones that havent put 100 percent into the game planning. :banging:

HometownGal
11-28-2006, 06:28 AM
Excellect post and you hit the nail on the head. Some people just can't realize poor offensive line play is not Ben's fault.

Absolutely! Neither are dropped passes when they're put right on the money, receivers running wrong routes, poor STs play, lousy punting, giving up TD passes, etc. etc. etc. I watched the post-game show on Sunday and wanted to heave listening to some of these armchair QBs calling in and ripping Ben apart. Several wanted him gone next season via trade - LMFAO!!!! Pompeani ripped into these people and called one of them stupid - LOL!

The QB is just one wheel in the cog people. No matter which sport you want to name, winning (and losing) is a team effort (or lack thereof).

bradness113
11-28-2006, 06:39 AM
I'm not sure we even had an O-Line on Sunday.:dang:

FOOTEupyourarse
11-28-2006, 08:12 AM
again Ben showed that he IS a True WARRIOR out there. after the hit from #57(refuse to call any ratbird by their name), he came right back in. he stayed in the pocket when he knew he was gonna get smacked again and still made the throws(only 2 be dropped). the O line is playing like a high school team lately, the WRs can't catch a cold, & what the hell happened to the DEF. What happened too IKE? last year his shut down OCHO CINCO, m. Harrison, etc. this year he couldn't cover my mattress. anyway, if you think BIG BEN is the reason for this seasons outcome, then leave me your address and i'll send you an EAGLES jersey.

iloveben7
11-29-2006, 10:25 PM

pitiful running game

pitiful punting

YAY!!! Someone FINALLY agrees with me that it's not Ben's fault!! Every where I go whether it's at school, with my family or on these boards, all I hear is that it's all Ben's fault. He couldn't throw the ball, the passes were bad, he had 9 sacks, blah blah blah. He couldn't throw the ball because he had no time to. The passes were beautiful and right to the reciever, but they dropped them. He had 9 sacks because no one was blocking for him and allowing him time to throw. They had Willie in there blocking this 400lb guy. I was surprised that Ben didn't get seriously hurt because he had no protection. It was clearly not his fault on Sunday and it hasn't been the whole season. The thing that bothers me the most is that at school, these girls don't even know what a first down, but yet they say Ben stinks and we need a new QB. Look at last year, Ben had great protection and he was spectacular. Ben is spectacular this year, but we aren't seeing it because no one is protecting him.
Ben is phenominal OB!!

fansince'76
11-30-2006, 08:58 PM
Simple - it's the nature of the beast of playing QB in the NFL. Too much credit when a team wins, too much of the blame when it loses.