PDA

View Full Version : steelers/ravens- post game quotes

tony hipchest
11-27-2006, 02:33 PM
i will just post the link since the ravens spent more time at the podium puffing their feathers, than the steelers did after winning the sb (no kidding. 15 ravens players and coaches gave interviews). but here are some notables:

http://news.steelers.com/article/72002/

ben
(On the nine sacks)

"They got after it. I can't get mad at the linemen, they did a good job. They throw so many different things that they had to try and pick up, and it was a tough week for all of us because of the things they do. Not just for me, but for the linemen and everyone else. So a lot of those sacks were probably my fault. You know, not throwing it hot or something."

(On being 4-7)

"I tell you what, you're not going to get any quit out of any of us. Every single player is going to give it their all every time we step on that field, and I don't see that changing now. I know I'm speaking for myself, I'm going to go out and give it my all every play I'm in there, and I know everyone else will too."

S TROY POLAMALU

(On when he was injured)

"A pile fell on me."

(On if they gave him a preliminary prognosis)

"No, not really."

(On if the Steelers' season might be over)

"No, I'm definitely optimistic about it."

:chuckle: i dont know if he was being sarcastic or not.

willie:
"They kept blitzing, they kept blitzing, they kept blitzing. They were blitzing out of formations they weren't supposed to be blitzing out of. They would leave guys free but we were having a hard time with the blitz."

hines:
"We knew we had to play a perfect game today and we did just the opposite. This was maybe our worst game ever. We laid an egg. It almost seemed like they wanted it more than us."

mcfadden:
(On moving forward after the loss)

"You have to stay motivated, every time you go out there in both practice and in the games, it is a chance for you to get better. We can still finish this (season) on a good note and that's the most motivating part about it. If you cannot get yourself motivated to play football, then you are in the wrong sport. We are just going to stay motivated and keep our heads up high."

billick:
it was a good day:blah: ...it's an amazing group of guys:blah: ...these guys are up to it:blah:... This is a hell of a group of guys that are making a name for themselves
:blah:...It was a little greedy on my part to want the shutout:blah: ...They did it beautifully:blah: ... :jerkit:

will someone please never stick a mike in front of trevor prices mellon again?:(On defense pressure)

"They don't do a lot of things a lot of other teams do because they have good lineman and that tells you what they think of their lineman. Jeff Hartings is the best guard in the NFL. He's the only guy I didn't beat today. They have this thing where they say our five are better than your four. Ninety percent of the time its true, but today was the other ten percent.":confused:

(On why he thinks teams who go to the Super Bowl don't perform as well in the following season)

"Everybody who wins the Super Bowl; the next year more than likely seventy-five percent of them have problems. :confused:

(On if QB Ben Roethlisberger looked frustrated)

"No, he didn't. The thing is, when he got hurt all of us were saying, 'Ben get up, get up.' The thing is I have been through that thing before. I have been through a Super Bowl season and the next season we went 6-10. It was a similar situation, we lost our quarterback. Their quarterback (Ben) had all of those problems in the off-season. :confused: WTF???

and finally ray ray:
(On feeling sorry for the defending Super Bowl Champions)

"When you play this game, I don't think it is about feeling sorry about anybody. Like I said, the respect goes to them because of who they are. I will always respect the Pittsburgh Steelers because of Bill Cowher, first and foremost, and their organization. But we try to keep our mentality the way it is over here, and our mentality is bottom line, we are 9-2 right now. For me to think about another locker room, I would be cheating my teammates."

sumo
11-27-2006, 02:36 PM
I cannot stand Billick - what a tool - keep rubbing it in

MACH1
11-27-2006, 02:49 PM
When the ratbirds get booted out of the play offs this is the one game that their going to remember and fixate on till next year.

klick81
11-27-2006, 02:59 PM
Well, they can have this glory now. But like you said, they'll probably ride on this for years to come. (The last time in a looooooong time that I thought of the 41-0 Browns game was before this previous Browns game).

SteelerFan091472
11-27-2006, 07:18 PM
I cannot stand Billick - what a tool - keep rubbing it in

Billick should be thankful that Steve McNair fell into their laps, otherwise the media in Baltimore would be probably speculating whether Billick will get fired or not.

stillers4me
11-27-2006, 07:23 PM
Just remember what they say about paybacks. Maybe not this year (you never know)..........but oh baby......there's always next year.

I have a feeling that the Steelers are going to remember this game for a looooooong time.

Hines0wnz
11-27-2006, 07:24 PM
Billick should be thankful that Steve McNair fell into their laps, otherwise the media in Baltimore would be probably speculating whether Billick will get fired or not.

Makes you think about who was the better FA pick up, McNair or Brees? Brees has the monster stats but they are underachieving a bit. If the Ravens go deep into the playoffs or to the SB then it is definitely because of McNair. Then the controversy in birdland will be why they didnt get Boller out earlier. :sofunny:

Hines0wnz
11-27-2006, 07:26 PM
Just remember what they say about paybacks. Maybe not this year (you never know)..........but oh baby......there's always next year.

I have a feeling that the Steelers are going to remember this game for a looooooong time.

True, all true but it isnt like the Ravens ran the score up and tried to rub it in. But definitely a point of motivation for the game in Baltimore next season.

stillers4me
11-27-2006, 08:00 PM
True, all true but it isnt like the Ravens ran the score up and tried to rub it in. But definitely a point of motivation for the game in Baltimore next season.

Yeah....I think they could have run up the score.......maybe they do have some respect for us......or maybe our D was better than we thought. I do think in spite of 9 sacks, they were "easy" on Ben. Man......they could have really hurt him.. (don't get me wrong....I think Ben's as tough as they come but he took a real bruising yesterday) Or maybe they were just afraid of the refs.............NOT! :wink02:

Preacher
11-27-2006, 08:11 PM
You know, I was getting a different read from the Ravens on those quotes. They were actually showing respect. It shows teh difference between the Ravens... who have playoffs and superbowls before, and a team like the Bengals or the new Browns, who have NO clue what it means to be a winning team.

stillers4me
11-27-2006, 08:24 PM
You know, I was getting a different read from the Ravens on those quotes. They were actually showing respect. It shows teh difference between the Ravens... who have playoffs and superbowls before, and a team like the Bengals or the new Browns, who have NO clue what it means to be a winning team.

I have to agree with you there, Preacher. Now the fans......well, fans will be fans. I have always thought that most.....I said MOST players...... have alot of respect for each other as players. Smack talk is part of the game and they will all pound each other on the field because that's what they're there to do. Then they get up and smack each other on the butts........men........who can figure them out....... :wink02:

SteelersWoman
11-28-2006, 03:46 AM

I completely agree with you, and also stillers where she said "Smack talk is part of the game and they will all pound each other on the field because that's what they're there to do. Then they get up and smack each other on the butts".

IMO, the Ravens/Billick showed class when they didn't really "have" to after our guys' pitiful performance.
Had that been the Bengals/Lewis, it would've been a field day for them--much like after their last win over us. I'll never forget Lewis' snide chuckle and comment--it was all he could do to not fall off his chair laughing, so yeah--my hat's off to how the Ravens handled it--at least in the media.

70c10
11-28-2006, 08:16 AM
I never knew Ray and Ben were so tight until I saw this quote:.

If it looked like Lewis was praying, he was, but he also was begging Roethlisberger to get up.

"Ben and I are friends," Lewis said. "Before every game, when we see each other, we touch our hearts. When he went down, no matter how big the play was, you don't want to see that.

"I was just praying ... and I was saying, 'Just make sure you get up. Your teammates are watching. Your family is out there somewhere. Just get up.' "

Preacher
11-28-2006, 03:17 PM
I never knew Ray and Ben were so tight until I saw this quote:.

If it looked like Lewis was praying, he was, but he also was begging Roethlisberger to get up.

"Ben and I are friends," Lewis said. "Before every game, when we see each other, we touch our hearts. When he went down, no matter how big the play was, you don't want to see that.

"I was just praying ... and I was saying, 'Just make sure you get up. Your teammates are watching. Your family is out there somewhere. Just get up.' "

Once again... The difference between true winners in the NFL.. and wannabees like the Bengals.

OK... DANGIT... Maybe I have to show some respect to the Ravens. DANG IT DANG IT!

klick81
11-28-2006, 05:02 PM
What the hell's going on here?! The Ravens showing respect and Lewis showing signs of having a heart??? OMG...

memphissteelergirl
11-28-2006, 05:17 PM
What the hell's going on here?! The Ravens showing respect and Lewis showing signs of having a heart??? OMG...

Hmmm....what's that I hear?Thundering hoofbeats? I think the 4 Horsemen are on the way....:sofunny:

TheHowieMaaaan
11-30-2006, 01:06 PM
As a Ravens fan, and new to your forums, I will accept your humble apologies!! :hug:

I think that Chad Johnson is like TO, not much respect for anyone, including themselves!