PDA

View Full Version : denver pulls the plug on plummer

tony hipchest
11-27-2006, 05:23 PM
shanahan made it official today and named cutler the starter. im sure the success of rivers and romo make this change easy, but those guys arent rookies. i cant believe shanahan is throwing the towel in on the season. maybe hes looking at the situation the steelers were in with ben a few seasons ago, knowing cutler cant be any worse than the incumbent. this does seem to be the year of 1st time starting qb's. personally, i want this to backfire and see the chiefs and chargers make the playoffs.

are the bears the next contending team to make a change?

MACH1
11-27-2006, 05:35 PM
I can't belive he's changing like that right in the middle of a playoff run.

Atlanta Dan
11-27-2006, 05:40 PM
He knows if they make the playoffs as a wild card with Plummer they are 1 and out anyhow in a road game with any of the 4 AFC division winners.

Gutty move, but it shows how much job security Shanahan has that if it blows up he can afford to chalk it to building for the future.

tony hipchest
11-27-2006, 05:44 PM
I can't belive he's changing like that right in the middle of a playoff run.wow. youre from potatoho so im sure you are familiar with plummer. this seems like an odd move to me too. i guess cutler is showing alot in practice and the broncos have been winning without plummers help for 2 years (even though he was a pro bowler last season). after the way he preformed against the steelers in the champ game i think it became a secret fact that plummer would never be able to get it done.

shanahan: "he gives us a chance to win now",

"this is in the best interrests of our football team"

MACH1
11-27-2006, 05:56 PM
Yeah Denver doesnt get the coverage here like the suckhawks do.(being surrounded by both fans here) But watching the Denver game, theres alot more wrong with that team than just Plummer. But gotta blame it on someone.

tony hipchest
11-27-2006, 06:00 PM
Yeah Denver doesnt get the coverage here like the suckhawks do.(being surrounded by both fans here) But watching the Denver game, theres alot more wrong with that team than just Plummer. But gotta blame it on someone.shhhhhhh. no one wants anyone to know that in the 1st time in years, denver cant run the ball. (or that elway without a running game was 3X the choker that p. manning has been w/o a defense)

SteelCityMan786
11-27-2006, 06:05 PM
SHOCKER! Sounds like they're giving up already.