PDA

View Full Version : Jeremey Stevens HA!

paw-n-maul-u
11-27-2006, 10:15 PM
watching some MNF and saw jeremey stevens get a perfect pass deep down the middle, then gets leveled and ofcourse drops the ball. Reminded me of the glorious drops he had during the superbowl. just thought it was pretty funny.

qpeezy
11-27-2006, 10:34 PM
hell yea...jeremy stevens is garbage. he acts like a little kid. someday somebody is gonna whoop his ass

t-mill
11-27-2006, 11:13 PM
I guess peezy was right last year... he's soft...

Steelersfan4life0655
11-27-2006, 11:17 PM
I guess peezy was right last year... he's soft...

:iagree:

mattss
11-28-2006, 02:21 AM
I saw at least 3 get knocked out on some good hits..he did finally catch one pass in the end zone but this guy is a chump and cannot hold on to the ball, I cant believe they still keep this bum on the roster!

SteelersWoman
11-28-2006, 02:58 AM
What I found funny about the game is the fact that most people think the refs "handed" them the game, and not a one of the 'Hawks or their fans are upset about it--I seem to remember a game last year when they "felt" that had been done to them, and they'll be talkin about that for the next 50 yrs, and bring it up at every turn. I sure hope the same thing happens to them concernin the win over the Packers--we've sure had to deal with it enough as Steeler fans.

While I believe that if a team plays well enough, a few blown/bad calls by the refs won't "make" you lose--had the Packers played well enough they'd have won. I just had to mention about the disparity being shown by the 'Hawks and their fans when it comes down to things being called the obvious other way around.

I thought Brett did pretty well until the "roughin the passer" call on
3rd down that basically ended it for the Pack--after that he seemed to be pretty rattled.

Livinginthe past
11-28-2006, 06:09 AM
What I found funny about the game is the fact that most people think the refs "handed" them the game, and not a one of the 'Hawks or their fans are upset about it--I seem to remember a game last year when they "felt" that had been done to them, and they'll be talkin about that for the next 50 yrs, and bring it up at every turn. I sure hope the same thing happens to them concernin the win over the Packers--we've sure had to deal with it enough as Steeler fans.

While I believe that if a team plays well enough, a few blown/bad calls by the refs won't "make" you lose--had the Packers played well enough they'd have won. I just had to mention about the disparity being shown by the 'Hawks and their fans when it comes down to things being called the obvious other way around.

I thought Brett did pretty well until the "roughin the passer" call on
3rd down that basically ended it for the Pack--after that he seemed to be pretty rattled.

I will have to respectfully disagree with the 'bad calls dont make you lose' theory.

Last night, the Packers (a team short of confidence from being shut out at home last week) played some great opportunistic football to keep their noses ahead in a game against an opponent whose D is based upon playing with a lead.

If that 3rd down 'roughing the passer' call isn't made then the drive stalls, the crowd get that little bit quieter, Brett can play a little more conservative.

I seen the look on McCarthy's face and his players faces quite a few times after one of those calls was made and its like they knew they were going to be on the rough end of the refereeing.

The same does apply to the SB - everytime the Seahawks tried to get into a lead against a D that plays so much better when the other team is trailing they were undone by very questionable penalties - it ultimately knocks the stuffing out of a team.

Of course it doesnt happen everytime and the team that is hard done by sometimes overcomes that adversity (Steelers v Colts, Patriots v Bears) but it makes the job alot more difficult than it should be.

NM

19ward86
11-28-2006, 07:50 AM
J PEEZY was right last year! haha

83-Steelers-43
11-28-2006, 07:57 AM
I might have an easier time laughing and joking in this thread if our own receivers were catching balls. But, that's just me I guess....

SteelersMongol
11-28-2006, 08:16 AM
watching some MNF and saw jeremey stevens get a perfect pass deep down the middle, then gets leveled and ofcourse drops the ball. Reminded me of the glorious drops he had during the superbowl. just thought it was pretty funny.

Yeah, I watched the game and the guy is nothing. :coffee: I will never forget what was he talking about before the SB-XL.

sumo
11-28-2006, 12:40 PM

I started a thread a couple of weeks ago just like this when they played the Raiders on Monday night -- he dropped several passes last night -- how about in the end zone in the first quarter where he gave up on the route - wasn't paying attention and the ball hit him in his legs while he was standing wide open in the end zone? - Theismann noticed it and ripped him good - can anybody remember a player who drops as many passes as this guy does - all while acting like such a chump?! - I can't believe Holmgren lets him get away with this stuff

MJ5150
11-28-2006, 12:45 PM
Hows about youn'z move this thread over to the general NFL talk forum?

We all know about Stevens, and how flaky he is. I was at the game against Green Bay, I saw the drops in person and I laughed. No need to talk about him in the part of the forum dedicated to our Steelers.

-Mike

vasteeler
11-28-2006, 12:46 PM
I might have an easier time laughing and joking in this thread if our own receivers were catching balls. But, that's just me I guess....

nuff said

SteelersWoman
11-28-2006, 04:17 PM
I will have to respectfully disagree with the 'bad calls dont make you lose' theory.

Then the Steelers should've won several more games this year, as there were quite a few where the announcers were basically saying that it seemed the refs were calling in favor of the other team.

Sorry LITP, it's still my belief that if your team is up by 14 or more points, then even a totally blown call won't make you lose, as you've created enough of a cushion to overcome that mentally. It's only when you have no "cushion" to play with, and/or the team gets out of it mentally, that it becomes an issue--like the Packers/'Hawks game. That game was so close in score, that ANY blown call had the capability of becoming a serious issue--and did.

Perhaps I'm being too hard on my team, but on the close games we've had this year (scorewise) and had the better stats overall, I just don't feel that the bad calls of the refs are what cost us those games--our guys just didn't play well enough / were not into it mentally enough to get it done.

Of course it doesnt happen everytime and the team that is hard done by sometimes overcomes that adversity (Steelers v Colts, Patriots v Bears) but it makes the job alot more difficult than it should be.

What you just said right there is my whole point--play well enough to get a good cushion, and/or be into the game mentally enough, and you'll still win. Only when you haven't/don't that it becomes a problem and will cost you a game.

Of course, my opinions on this issue are only my own, and I'm sure everyone else has their own :smile:

========

Hawk Believer
11-28-2006, 04:42 PM
There were actually some boos in yesterdays game for Stevens. I can't remember the last time a Seahawk got booed in Qwest Field. It was probably actually Hasselbeck the first year he was here and he really struggled and was replaced by Trent Dilfer. We tend to be a crowd that tends to stay positive so this represents a big decline in Steven's rep out here. I heard one of the Seahawks on the radio this morning saying they were really dissapointed that the crowd did that. Should be interesting to see how Stevens will respond.

MJ5150
11-28-2006, 04:48 PM
I can't remember the last time a Seahawk got booed in Qwest Field.

You must not go to many games. I go to six or seven every year, and I heard boo's two years ago directed toward the offense and even some toward the D. I also heard some boo's this season in the Minnesota game.

Last year was a magical ride, and I do not remember anyone booing.

-Mike

sumo
11-28-2006, 04:49 PM
There were actually some boos in yesterdays game for Stevens. I can't remember the last time a Seahawk got booed in Qwest Field. It was probably actually Hasselbeck the first year he was here and he really struggled and was replaced by Trent Dilfer. We tend to be a crowd that tends to stay positive so this represents a big decline in Steven's rep out here. I heard one of the Seahawks on the radio this morning saying they were really dissapointed that the crowd did that. Should be interesting to see how Stevens will respond.

NO kidding - I noticed that too - it was on the last drop, they really let him have it - I think Tirico said something stupid like "the fans are booing because they think he should have got a call" and then Theismann said - "no they're booing Stevens for all his drops tonight!" - Stevens has been a tool all year..they should bench him and play Mili..

Hawk Believer
11-28-2006, 04:53 PM

Thats not actually the case.

I was listening to the game on the radio and the Seattle announcers were very explicit in saying that they thought the roughing the passer call was BS and how that kind of stuff is bad for the game.

The quality of reffing has been a big topic on the local sports radio station today. Most people agree, especially about the roughing call, that we got helped out. And many of the callers tied this to what happened in the SB and said this is another example of bad game managment by the NFL. Some people said that there is always going to be games with calls that don't go your way like the SB. But that also means that there should be games that they do go your way. Last night was one of those nights. If we have to suck it up and take the bad ones then we won't refuse a W when they do go our way.

Livinginthe past
11-28-2006, 04:53 PM

I think what the commentators had to say was pretty valid - Stevens got absolutely clocked on some of those drops - I didn't see any other Seahawks receiver get hit as bad.

Now I guess thats because Stevens was rarely in the top 2 reads that Hasselbeck was making - and by the time he got to him DB's were watching where the ball was going and were ready to make the big hit.

The play where the ball hit him in the legs was a hell of a blooper play - I guess he was more affected by the crowd than he let on.

It should be remembered that he slit caught two point scoring passes - the TD and the 2pnt conversion.

NM

ps Branch made one absolutely outstanding catch on the sidelines in the 1st half when Hasselbeck was throwing the ball over the place.

Hawk Believer
11-28-2006, 04:56 PM
You must not go to many games. I go to six or seven every year, and I heard boo's two years ago directed toward the offense and even some toward the D. I also heard some boo's this season in the Minnesota game.

Last year was a magical ride, and I do not remember anyone booing.

-Mike

I get to go to about 3 games a season or so. I hadn't heard it at the games I have been to in the last 4 years or so. But I'll take your word on it.:cheers:

Hawk Believer
11-28-2006, 05:04 PM
I think what the commentators had to say was pretty valid - Stevens got absolutely clocked on some of those drops - I didn't see any other Seahawks receiver get hit as bad.

Now I guess thats because Stevens was rarely in the top 2 reads that Hasselbeck was making - and by the time he got to him DB's were watching where the ball was going and were ready to make the big hit.

The play where the ball hit him in the legs was a hell of a blooper play - I guess he was more affected by the crowd than he let on.

It should be remembered that he slit caught two point scoring passes - the TD and the 2pnt conversion.

NM

ps Branch made one absolutely outstanding catch on the sidelines in the 1st half when Hasselbeck was throwing the ball over the place.

The Seahawk who was defending Stevens and complaining about the crowd was Bryce Fisher ( a D-Line guy). He basically said this: the crowd has the right to voice their opinion if they pay for their ticket. But he thought that Steven's drops were not for lack of effort and because of that we shouldn't boo. He went on to say that stuff like that is why players aren't as loyal to a teams or cities as they used to be.

But I think people wouldn't have it out for Steven's if he hadn't talked as much in the past. But there is no way we are going to cut him because he is the best guy we have for the position. And he really is capable of incredible play if he can just keep his head on straight. But I don't think he is the type of guy who responds well to things like coaches yelling at him or the crowd booing him. Hopefully he proves otherwise.

MJ5150
11-28-2006, 05:30 PM
I hadn't heard it at the games I have been to in the last 4 years or so.

Let me clarify. Seahawk fans are not a bunch of booing bums. Most of them are good about supporing the home team. It isn't like they start booing on every three and out, or when the defense fails to hold on third down.

I just wanted to point out that it has happened as recently as this season. You guys are alright. :smile: :smile:

-Mike

Elvis
11-28-2006, 06:24 PM
:tt02:
Stevens reminds me of Vanderjagt...:sofunny: :thumbsup: :hug: :wave: :jawdrop: :dang:

Rust-Buster
11-28-2006, 10:25 PM
Speaking as a Hawk fan, we're even sick of Stevens BS. Did you hear the boos he got last night?
That doesn't happen often in Seattle. But his drops are infuriating when they follow his behavior on and off the field. At least TO backs it up most of the time.

SteelersWoman
11-29-2006, 12:28 AM
If we have to suck it up and take the bad ones then we won't refuse a W when they do go our way.

So you must not feel your last win was "tainted"...interesting--every single Steeler hater seems to think WE should about the SB, even though how many games were called wrong last year against us? But we're not supposed to take OUR win when we got it?

As far as your quote above--It's too bad that 99.99% of 'Hawk fans and every other jealous person of other teams don't feel that way HB, because they've certainly done everything in their power to try to make us feel bad about our big win, and have completely tried to ruin it for us.

It's not 'Hawks fans fault that the game Sunday was called the way it was, and it's not Steelers fans faults about how the SB was called, so I would just ask that all the 'Hawk fans who have no problem in taking their win against the Packers, at least give the Steelers and their fans the same respect.

But people being the way they are, 'Hawks fans better hope your team doesn't make the SB and win, because you'll never live it down as to how you got there to begin with, and it won't matter if the big game would be called fairly or not--the only thing people will remember is that you got there through the favor of the refs. And heaven help you if the refs call in favor of the 'Hawks during that game, because people are ruthless and relentless in trying to make you feel bad about you getting something that they
want(ed)--but I guess only then will you all know how almost everyone has tried to make us feel.

(If you're not guilty of calling "tainted" ring/win HB, this isn't directed at you --it's directed at those that are).

MACH1
11-29-2006, 12:53 AM
So you must not feel your last win was "tainted"...interesting--every single Steeler hater seems to think WE should about the SB, even though how many games were called wrong last year against us? But we're not supposed to take OUR win when we got it?

As far as your quote above--It's too bad that 99.99% of 'Hawk fans and every other jealous person of other teams don't feel that way HB, because they've certainly done everything in their power to try to make us feel bad about our big win, and have completely tried to ruin it for us.

It's not 'Hawks fans fault that the game Sunday was called the way it was, and it's not Steelers fans faults about how the SB was called, so I would just ask that all the 'Hawk fans who have no problem in taking their win against the Packers, at least give the Steelers and their fans the same respect.

But people being the way they are, 'Hawks fans better hope your team doesn't make the SB and win, because you'll never live it down as to how you got there to begin with, and it won't matter if the big game would be called fairly or not--the only thing people will remember is that you got there through the favor of the refs. And heaven help you if the refs call in favor of the 'Hawks during that game, because people are ruthless and relentless in trying to make you feel bad about you getting something that they
want(ed)--but I guess only then will you all know how almost everyone has tried to make us feel.

(If you're not guilty of calling "tainted" ring/win HB, this isn't directed at you --it's directed at those that are).

AMEN

Rust-Buster
11-29-2006, 01:55 AM

Anytime there are bad calls, you know it upsets the integrity of the game. Usually they seem to balance out. But not always. It's easy for a fan to feel the other team got all the breaks when you lose. Or ignore the breaks that went for you when you win.
The fact is there is a human factor in the judging, it's not always going to be perfect.
Being a good sport is giving congrats once the game is over, and dropping the trash talk.
Whining about bad calls is fruitless, and won't change a thing.
You guys beat us last year. There won't be any "T" next to that in the record books.
I just wish our teams would get it together this year so we could have a rematch.
Hang in there.

Hawk Believer
11-29-2006, 11:31 AM

I am actually not one of those who think there was a conspiracy against the Seahawks. My takes is that there were a few calls that cold have gone either way and some went against the Hawks at some painful times. But there will always be questionable calls that make a fan "feel" like the refs got it wrong. I personally don't think the refing is getting worse in the NFL, but our ability to second guess the officials has increased dramatically because of all the progress in video broadcasting. That just creates a perception that the refs are getting worse.

If I thought the Hawks had played their best games and played better than the Steelers in the SB, then I would probably be at the head of the line of people who were railing against the refs. But alas, they played one of their worst games on the big stage.

So anyway, regarding the MNF game, (which I didn't actually watch, I was stuck in snow traffic and listening to the radio) I do feel for the Packers if they got screwed. The call about the hit on Farve is being uniformily decried as a terrible call (or a terrible rule). But I also recognize that is the way the ball bounces some times. Just like I expect don't the Steelers to surrender their rings because some people second guessed some of the calls, I am not going to send an e-mail to Holmgren saying we should forfeit that game. Thats just football.